Radio listeners 154+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 CLUBLAND XTREME HARDCORE !!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
djlarryb What do we all think of the new clubland album then ?

As soon as I heard it was available i was straight out the door to get it.
Mixed by possibly 3 of the best djs on the scene hixxy, mark breeze and darren styles !!!!

Fantastic intro on hixxys mix.

djpeggy I think it's quality in my opinion! Some really nice remixes there by the trio.

DJ Peggy
jenks I was pleasantly suprised

Sir Feli I got it as soon as it was available! i think its great! the remixes were good i liked hixxys intro! i liked the dougal + gammer remix of night life!
HardcoreManiac yeah this is a ****in awesome cd

lovin all the new tunes, looks like breeze and styles were busy lately with the tunes, heh

i love the gammer remix of the beat kicks - its so freakin awesome!! woahhha

djlarryb styles "cutting deep" does it for me every time. my neighbours must be sick to death of hearing it cos i play it so much. the second time the melody kicks in after the vocals is BANGIN !!

"MUSIC IS MY FIRST LOVE AND WILL ALWAYS BE MY LAST"

djpeggy I'm really liking Neo Cortez 'Elements' (B & S remix). Wicked!

DJ Peggy
Sir Feli i'm liking dance + come with me

Uproar I'm lovin' Cuttin' Deep, Come & Fly With Me and Set You Free.

TIME TRAVELLERS, DAY TRIPPERS AND NIGHT OWLS COME FORTH. CONGREGATE AND CELEBRATE WITH US. HELTER SKELTER!!!
Needforspeed i liked the cd it got good stuff ....kind of girly cd BUT WHO CEARS

SixFeet well i just saw the commericial on T.V for the very first time, during the break in simpsons on channel 4!

wow, thats crazy, i saw hardcore nation and hardcore heaven but that was like midnight on bravo and mtv

'Come show me your hardcore feelings, With your raving feelings, Cos i don't know the way to groove, I've never learnt to dance this fast and i don't know the how to move....'
Loz_e i can only handle so much of the raverbaby style - average

'it shouldnt happen to a raver'
icex i think it was pretty bad , especially styles + breeze mixs.

the hixxy mix was good tho.

kathryn yeah i got it as soon as it was out in the shops. some of the tunes are already out on cd's but its a good mix. But i wished they'd stop remixing 'Set u free' ok it was good when it was released in 1994 but it's time to put it to rest. I like the Hixxy intro 'Well' 'music is my first love'.
'ROCK THE DANCEFLOOR MAN'

kmcginty
dj_excy i would let ya know wot i thought bout it but i dont own it yet

chill out and take some hash coz excy's out 2get ****in mashed!!
djlarryb yeah "set you free" was and still is a great track but it has be over mixed to death. it was recently voted one of the most remixed trax of all time with over 30 different mixes of it !!!!!!

leave it as a great track and write some new stuff i say.

kathryn Not again! Hixxy remixing ,Set u free' on Bonkers 14! FFS! I swear to god when am listening to that cd am gonna skip that track. Hixxy do me a favour burn it please.

kmcginty
djlarryb I cant see what is so special about that in the first place.
yeah it was a great oldskool style track in its day but there are better trax to remix these days than that.

jenks There are few vocals that rival 'set u free'. but enought is enough

SixFeet i don't care what any of you say, i still enjoy listening to his original mix of it on bonkers 8

'Come show me your hardcore feelings, With your raving feelings, Cos i don't know the way to groove, I've never learnt to dance this fast and i don't know the how to move....'
jenks Isn't it Bonkers 9?

EngstroM Those Hixxy remixes of the popular Trance tracks were quite good. Darren Styles set were awesome.

Not so satisfied with Styles & Breeze set though, but never been a huge fan of S&B music either so.

[Get Modern! Get HardCore]
SixFeet yeah sorry about the typo jenks

kathryn Deffo a thumbs down for me. Hixxy oh fellow raver i order you to burn it lol!

kmcginty
Ste Non-Stop I agree..!!

It's a choon thats been caned 2 the bone, and u simply cant beat the original '93 mix..!!

It's a MAD MAD world..!!!
mr bishi Not really my thing, but it was still worth the purchase.
Shame about the 'UnMixed cd' though thats a bit of a shafting.
*edit*
Up to #2 in the irish compilation charts. Not bad
http://www.rte.ie/2fm/charts/compilations.html

Here we are in Cardiff City
Arsenal they are so shity
Ive never been so sure in my life
The F.A Cups in Blue and White

Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la-la DICKOV
Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la-la FLITCROFT
And MORTEN PEDERSEN!

jenks
quote:
Originally posted by EngstroM:
Those Hixxy remixes of the popular Trance tracks were quite good. Darren Styles set were awesome.

Not so satisfied with Styles & Breeze set though, but never been a huge fan of S&B music either so.

[Get Modern! Get HardCore]

I'm confused... do you mean you didn't like the Breeze mix?

-Bazza- I bought it today from Woolworths, it was no 2 in the compilation chart.

This is actually a damn good album, should help bring a few more people on to the hardcore scene.
Dave Tee Its good to see hardcore advertised on the telly, and on the advert theres a lad wearing a Newcastle top

-Bazza- I think this about sums it up:

I'm taking no religion, no religion's taking me
Now there's only one thing and this one thing it sets me free
Listening to my music, the escape to keep me sane
With an overloading bassline that goes straight to my brain
I push up on the volume till it's crystal clear and loud
My body starts to tingle just by listening to the sound
Nothing else can do the same, it's hits the spot so fast
Music is my first love, it will always be my last...

Can't explain the freedom and the feeling from the bass
Something just comes over me which nothing can replace
You tune in and you close your eyes, I'm living in a dream
Hypnotised by something you've heard but never seen
The rhythm is a mystery, the magic I can't tell
The bass, the beats, the melody just gets me in a spell
It's a love of life, so come and go, but one will never pass
Cause music is my first love, it will always be my last...

B.C Breeze - Let's Fly (Deejaybee & Sketchy Mix) ===TUNAGE!
bouncy as fook and uplifting, i bloody love it.

"Let's All Get Down!!"
Loz_e NEWS FLASH

number 1 in compiliation charts!

'it shouldnt happen to a raver'
jenks nice, i wonder how many copies it has sold up to now then... wouldn't suprise me if it has turned gold already!

mimzx well i was in love with it untill my stupid m8 decided it wud be fun to snap it :/ not funny at all ...

Save Water ! Drink Beer !!!!
hydroman OK - First of all this is a great compilation album. There are some quality tracks on here that take hardcore to a new level. There's quite a bit of variety on here and blending with trance etc. Yum Yi - Tantric (alternative mix) is just class, great style and vibe to it. Dance is pretty good. LS Drive is another one.

One thing that strikes me is how good the artwork is! It really is well designed and looks good. See this is the problem with some hardcore albums especially bonkers, the artwork is sooo cheesey and looks like some messed up kids cartoon, even when the music can be good.

This is one of the best hardcore albums and I'm not surprised it is number 1 in the compilation chart.

Nice one to all those who bought it.

Hardcore will never die..
swansea247 just seen ther advert on the telly and ill like to make a sugesstion that they changed the name to 'Clubland Xtreme Raver Baby'

Six days on the run, Looking for a place to have some fun.....

swansea247.com... coming soon to a computer near you!
-Bazza-
quote:
Originally posted by B.C_in_the_mix:
Breeze - Let's Fly (Deejaybee & Sketchy Mix) ===TUNAGE!
bouncy as fook and uplifting, i bloody love it.

"Let's All Get Down!!"

Yep good one, I really like Gammer's remix of The Beat Kicks.

-Bazza-
quote:
Originally posted by hydroman:
One thing that strikes me is how good the artwork is! It really is well designed and looks good. See this is the problem with some hardcore albums especially bonkers, the artwork is sooo cheesey and looks like some messed up kids cartoon, even when the music can be good.

And I suspect having a woman on the cover who look likes she's having an orgasm probably sells more copies as well.

Personally I think the Bonkers artwork is always really good.

zelachang now THAT is hardcore
probably wont be buying it though.. trancefest 2k5
not that its a bad thing.. i have better places to spend my money on though

----------------------
in two thousand four, it was HARDCORE
B.C Congrats to all who were involved in making the album and to the ravers who bought it!
It's a great day for hardcore.

"Let's All Get Down!!"
kathryn Rock the dancefloor man!

kmcginty
Entity Never thought the day would come.......

Well done to everyone involved, keep buying those copies people!

arrian_x oh my god, never thought i'd see the day

even considering how much this has been advertised (5minute ad on the box anyone?!)

HYDROMAN i totally agree about the artwork. i would never have bought my first bonkers cd and accidentally fallen in love with hardcore if it had had that silly toon artwork on the front.
The artwork for the recent Hardcore Heaven was even better tho

It's only FUN if it's HARD
_BoNe_ i think its turd.

ok, its alright... a couple of amazin tunes. But the most of it does bugger all for me. Disappointed.

################################
# iTS aLL aBOUT bEATS -- aLL aBOUT bASS #
#aLL aBOUT hARDCORE -- aLL aBOUT rAVES#
kathryn mc Bone! Do you really look like that?

kmcginty
brown styles & breeze-the beat kicks(gammer remix) amazin shit........

gammer seems to be the boss in hardcore at the minute if u ask me his stuff he`s doin/remixin is fcukin sensational...

EVEN IF SHE AINT LEGAL
[email protected]

[email protected]
Entity ^^^ Agreed 100%

I dunno where he came from, but he's definitely DEFINITELY going places!

Let it go is absolute class, anthem of the year so far.

brown yeah let it go is my fav tune of the year so far too mate...

im also getin to like recons stuff/remixes more & more too,right here right now, cry remix brilliant...

EVEN IF SHE AINT LEGAL
[email protected]

[email protected]
mcginnis_1 i hate nu skool it i not eaven hardcore it is fast hard trance shit, it bores me shitless to listen to it! clubland xtreme hardcore is all nu skool we want propa old school happy hardcore cds like what we used to get, to show people who have never heard hardcore what it is like. if they started 2 release cds like this is noize, bonkers 1,2,3,4 and 5, hardcore heaven1,2, and 3it would make me happy and all the other old shool fans out there

D. MCGINNIS
brown lets face we all like old skool its where it all started..but its history well the sound is anyway..memories and old cds is all we can have...but everything changes i like the new sound anyway..at at least hardcore dident die,it wuz goin threw a bad patch at 1 stage as we all kno..but u cant dis the new sound and its attracted more fans...and is getin bigger & bigger & better

EVEN IF SHE AINT LEGAL
[email protected]

[email protected]
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by mcginnis_1:
[hl]</span> i hate nu skool it i not eaven hardcore it is fast hard trance shit, it bores me shitless to listen to it! clubland xtreme hardcore is all nu skool we want propa old school happy hardcore cds like what we used to get, to show people who have never heard hardcore what it is like. if they started 2 release cds like this is noize, bonkers 1,2,3,4 and 5, hardcore heaven1,2, and 3it would make me happy and all the other old shool fans out there

D. MCGINNIS

In my experience more people seem to recognise the old sound to the new, if I ever tell someone im into hardcore the first thing they say are along the lines of 'yeah shooting star is a rite tune' etc etc. there are plenty of styles within the new sound for everyone i dont think people need to be educated on the old skool stuff as theyve probably heard alot of it before, I'de rather people knew what was goin on in the scene today instead of talkin about it as if it was some era that was in the past... but thats just my opinion...

mayo21 i agree with jenks most people i know have heard of hardcore b4 from what it was like years ago. I must admit i do like the new clubland cd, its gr8 to have on in the car. A little predictable but still very good

DJ E-Rok
quote:
[hl]</span id='hl'> i hate nu skool it i not eaven hardcore it is fast hard trance shit, it bores me shitless to listen to it! clubland xtreme hardcore is all nu skool we want propa old school happy hardcore cds like what we used to get, to show people who have never heard hardcore what it is like. if they started 2 release cds like this is noize, bonkers 1,2,3,4 and 5, hardcore heaven1,2, and 3it would make me happy and all the other old shool fans out there

D. MCGINNIS

THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK.

Well sorry to say this is now 2005, things have changed still for the good I'm sure Dude thats exactly what nu skool is ment to be, do you really think todays hardcore is not hardcore? Coz it wouldnt be called it if it wasnt. It isnt hard trance either, I listen to hardtrance and its sounds different to me and I'm sure MANY others. So yeah dont be so negative! Things wouldnt be like they are without change. I know for a fact and others will agree, geting into hardcore now with whats out there you just learn all the history along the way. Also if all the old stuff got rereleased hardcore would'nt do to well, humans always want somthing different.

Hardcore is now out there which is a good thing, even though some will not agree. But who cares! nothing lasts forever aye?! I think enjoy the moment while it lasts, coz if you dont then you'll never know what its like!

Oldskools awsome no dout there but we have to move on. Compare it to humans what would happen if everyone stoped having sex? I think you know the answear.

THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK.

HaRdCooo o o o o o o o ore! Hardcore you know the score!
L Fraser Love this, I am so glad they went hardcore and got a few of the bonkers crew to mix on it. I love this CD and can't wait for bonkers 14
_BoNe_
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn:
mc Bone! Do you really look like that?

kmcginty

yup. that b me

# iTS aLL aBOUT bEATS -- aLL aBOUT bASS #
#aLL aBOUT hARDCORE -- aLL aBOUT rAVES#
Fishy
quote:
[hl]</span id='hl'> i hate nu skool it i not eaven hardcore it is fast hard trance shit, it bores me shitless to listen to it! clubland xtreme hardcore is all nu skool we want propa old school happy hardcore cds like what we used to get, to show people who have never heard hardcore what it is like. if they started 2 release cds like this is noize, bonkers 1,2,3,4 and 5, hardcore heaven1,2, and 3it would make me happy and all the other old shool fans out there

D. MCGINNIS

indeed

Trancey aint cool.... cheezey and breakbeat rule!!!
cell1ko Absolutly Brilliant album i think bobkers 14 hardcore stricks back will be much betta. hixxy's intro mix is rude with maxxxx bass on you car stereo. BoNkErS 14 HaRdCoRe StRiKeS bAcK

MaRcEl HaRdCoRe RaVeR

It took 2.91 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page