Radio listeners 150+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Helter Skelter presents: United in Hardcore

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
silver "United In Hardcore" by Ministry of Sound

Helter Skelter, the forefathers of UK Hardcore, present the follow up to the phenomenally successful Hardcore Classics Pulling together 3 of the longest serving and respected DJ/Producers in the scene, Billy ‘Daniel’ Bunter, Slipmatt and Dougal, Helter Skelter present a detailed musical history of the party.

Pulling together 3 of the longest serving and respected DJ/Producers in the scene, Billy ‘Daniel’ Bunter, Slipmatt and Dougal, Helter Skelter present a detailed musical history of the party; with years 92-94 covered by last album’s mix master Billy Bunter –presenting an inspired blend of early breaks and acid house from Urban Hype, Prodigy and Baby.

Years 95-98 are overseen by the legendary Slipmatt, who serves up a platinum platter of classic hardcore from the golden era of the genre. Anyone who honed their dance moves in an illegal rave or warehouse party- glow stick in hand!- will be unable to halt the descent into laser lit reminiscence as the frantically euphoric beats of Slip & Eruption’s ‘Sunshine’, Alchemist & Fade’s ‘Keep On Trying’ or Sy & Unknown’s ‘What Is a DJ’ cram the sound system.
Child prodigy and Helter Helter Skelter ‘lifer’ Dougal takes years 98 to present day, including some of the most upfront hardcore tracks currently rocking the scene, from his own production of ‘Through The Darkness’, to Sy’s ‘Do We Have To Say Goodbye’, and his own production currently taking the underground scene by storm, ‘Get Hyped’.

One for both the kids and the older clubber- United In Hardcore is steeped in the electrifying exhilaration that characterised the first album, recreating the ambience of the Helter Skelter parties from the early 90’s and the popularity that continues to transcend fashionable peaks and troughs in Dance music making the genre what it is today - one of the longest serving genres in UK Dance, holding some of the biggest and most sophisticated Dance events in the world.

If you’ve been hypnotised in the hardcore room, survived a night at 150bpm, spent your last penny on a glow stick, whistle or dummy… if you remember the days of Vicks vapour rub, massage trains in the chill out room, ice pops, cat suits, tape decks and parties on motorway service stations, this album will bring back a few smiles
It’s full on, and has the Hardcore Holy Trinity of approval– go dance!

Tracklisting
CD 1 - Mixed by Dougal
1. Dougal & Gammer - Get Hype
2. Dougal & Gammer & MC Smiley - Ordinary People
3. DJ Yanny Pres. Terraformer - Won’t Forget These Days
4. Scott Brown - Neck Breaker
5. Dougal & Gammer - Pump Up The Noise
6. DJ Sammy - Sunlight (Breezes & Styles Remix)
7. Stompy & Abeynce - Star Tonight
8. Scott Brown - Gang Bang Society
9. Dougal & Gammer Feat. Jenna - Paradise
10. Angel One - Hold Me Tonight (DJ Pontos Remix-Edit)
11. Scott Brown - Turn Up The Music
12. Mikey Skeedale & Jenna - Through The Darkness (Dougal & Gammer Remix)
13. United In Dance - Still The One
14. Sy & Unknown - Do We Have To Say Goodbye? (Breezes & Styles Remix)
15. Akira - Piece Of Heaven (Dougal & Gammer Remix)
16. Insight - Only Your Love (Scott Brown Remix)
17. United In Dance - Rocking With The Beat
18. BeatFreakz - Somebody’s Watching Me (Dougal & Gammer Remix)
19. Angel City - Sunrise (Dougal & Gammer Remix)
20. Divine Inspiration - The Way (Breeze & Styles Remix)

CD2 - Mixed by Slipmatt
1. Eruption - Let The Music (Slipmatts Dub Plate Mix)
2. Vibes & Wishdokta - No More Tears
3. SMD - SMD5
4. Jimmy J & Cru-L-T - Take Me Away (Slipmatt Remix)
5. Vibes & Wishdokta - Motorway Madness
6. DJ Chewy - Starjump
7. Sy & Unknown - What Is A DJ?
8. Hopscotch & Dougal - Steamtrain
9. Ramos, Supreme & Sunset Regime - Life Force Generator
10. DJ Slam - Till We Meet Again
11. Slippery Project - Jump Around
12. Slippery Project - Something Like This
13. DJ Demo - Come Together
14. DJ Demo - Underground
15. Sound Assassins - After Time
16. Sy & Demo - Devotion
17. Sy & Unknown - Dreadland
18. Slipmatt & Eruption - Sunshine
19. Eruption - Don’t You Want Me
20. Force & The Evolution - Simply Electric
21. DJ Ham, Demo & Justin Time - The Big Spill (DJ Slipmatt Remix)
22. Slipmatt & Eruption - Party People
23. Alchemist & Fade - Keep On Trying (Slipmatt Remix)
24. Slipmatt - After Dark

CD3 - Mixed by Billy Daniel Bunter
1. Awesome 3 - Don’t Go (Original Mix)
2. Collette - Loverman (Rapido Mix)
3. Manix - Feel Real Good
4. Mad Ragga John - So Good
5. Sy Kick - Nasty
6. Jonny L - Hurt You So
7. Terrorize - It’s Just A Feeling (Original 12” Mix)
8. Sonz of a Loop Da Loop Era - Far Out
9. Rachel Wallace - Tell Me Why (M&M Mix)
10. Baby D - Let Me Be Your Fantasy
11. Gordon Edge - Compnded (EDGE *1)
12. The Prodigy - Your Love
13. Urban Hype - Trip To Trumpton (Trumpton Remix)
14. Mystery Man - DJ Business
15. DJ Solo Feat. DJ Devine - Axis
16. Bass Selective - Blow Out (Part 2)
17. Nookie - Shinning In Da Darkness
18. SMD - SMD#2
19. Fat Controller - In Complete Darkness
20. DJ Red Alert & Mike Slammer - In Effect
21. Krome & Time - The Slammer
22. The Producers - Give It To Me Baby
23. Ramos, Supreme & Sunset Regime - Sunshine
24. Billy D Bunter & JDS - Let It Lift You (Vibes & Wishdokta RMX)
25. Different Vibe - Can You Feel It
26. Billy D Bunter - The Way I Feel
27. N Zo & DJ Invincible - Funky Sensation (Billy Daniel Bunter RMX)
28. JDS - Higher Love
Miz Is it me, or does Billy Bunter's mix sound almost exactly like a set by The Rat Pack?

Not that that's a bad thing. ;)
DJ Phoenix *yawn*
More of the same old same old... with 'The Way' being put on this one as well, just for the sake of it

The best thing about this CD release is the site makeover
Mortis I like it.

Not the biggest fan of some of the tracks on Dougal's mix. Slipmatt's is class though, Bunter's is also sounding good.

Classics all round.
djDMS Good if you don't already have the tunes.

I already have all i want off there so probably won't buy it.
Sk8SiM this is a BIG thing!!!!

I'm getting it :D you bet!!!

i already have the tunes... but FSS!!! THATS NOT THE ****ING POINT!!!

point is...

the more sales... means... HIGHER CHART POSI!!!!

means MORE NONE HARDCORE PEOPLE BUY IT!!!

NOW WHAT WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE THEM BUY!!!

F*CKING CLUBLAND GAYNESS!!!!

OR THIS... WITCH LETS THEM EXPLORE THE ****ING HISTORY OF WHAT WERE ALL ABOUT!!!!

EVERYONE SOULD GO OUT AND BUY THIS!!!

HAVE SOME ****ING PRIDE FOR YOU SCENE FOR F*CKS SAKE!!!!

p.s. why the F*CK do you think silvers cdhanged the site around... why are so many people in hardcore pushing the same message!!! BUY THIS ALBUM!!!

its not hard to work out mate

THERE FINNALY DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!!!!

AND THIS WILL BRING THE RIGHT SORT OF CROWD INTO OUR RAVES!!!

LIKE I'VE ALWAYS SAID!!!

DISH IT THEM ON A PLATE... IF THEY LIKE IT THEY LIKE IT!!!
IF THEY DON'T THEN F*CK EM!!!

we have this chance now cuse we could get this HIGH IN THE CHARTS!!!!
but people seam to f*cking that away!!!!

p.s. the way??? you on about "hardcore classics" mate... this isn't a follow up... its a completly diffrent thing!!! we already worked that out a few weeks ago
_BoNe_ Sk8sim, why do all your messages look like they're written by a retarded claustrophobic child locked in a cupboard??

haha, o/j m8.

I'll defo be buyin this this week... savin it for the ultra drive down to cornwall on Saturday
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Sk8SiM:
this is a BIG thing!!!!

I'm getting it :D you bet!!!

point is...

OR THIS... WITCH LETS THEM EXPLORE THE ****ING HISTORY OF WHAT WERE ALL ABOUT!!!!

p.s. why the F*CK do you think silvers cdhanged the site around... why are so many people in hardcore pushing the same message!!! BUY THIS ALBUM!!!

its not hard to work out mate

THERE FINNALY DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!!!!

AND THIS WILL BRING THE RIGHT SORT OF CROWD INTO OUR RAVES!!!

LIKE I'VE ALWAYS SAID!!!

IF THEY DON'T THEN F*CK EM!!!

we have this chance now cuse we could get this HIGH IN THE CHARTS!!!!
but people seam to f*cking that away!!!!

p.s. the way??? you on about "hardcore classics" mate... this isn't a follow up... its a completly diffrent thing!!! we already worked that out a few weeks ago

Very interesting and heartfelt post.

Still not buying it.
bulby_g
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Good if you don't already have the tunes.

I already have all i want off there so probably won't buy it.

Same as.

I don't feel the urge to buy it just for the sake of supporting the scene, I already spend four figure numbers a year on hardcore without wasting more on tunes I already have. I don't really care what people who buy cd's because of their chart position buy either, not having them listen to hardcore is no real loss.

Ps. I'm sure the cats at ministry are fat enough already...
gloworm well said SK8 ... it's not about making the fat cats at ministry fatter- although you'd be surprised at how little fat cats there are there and how many hard workeing music fans who do it ore for their passion than for the pay... it's about the people who covinced MoS to pick up on Hardcore- the DJs behind the album, especially Billy Bunter who has worked tirelessly to push this through and get more profile for Hardcore- we should all bow down and kiss that man's feet...
i personally like it and have just watched the 2 part documentary whihc has taught me quite alot about the old days- wicked content man
bulby_g
quote:
Originally posted by gloworm:
although you'd be surprised at how little fat cats there are

Not really... It would be a small handful of people at the top of the company.

I never said people at MOS didn't have a love for music anyway, I just don't feel obligated to give them my money for something I'll shove in a cupboard and not listen to. I'm certain that if a company like MOS didn't think there was money to be made they wouldn't put it out, they (as a company) couldn't give two about pushing the hardcore scene for any reason other than the green stuff. there is obvious "cashing in" going on. I don't have a problem with this It's just business as usual but I don't feel in any way that I should have to buy this CD for the sake of the scene.

I'm not at all trying to say people shouldn't buy it just putting across the reasons as to why I don't feel obligated to buy it.
Phobz I'm not sure I bought a lot of cd's over the time and really do not listen to them that often, maybe this is because I buy a lot more vinyl nowadays. I'm still supporting the scene if im buying lp's... or am I? Am I still contributing to hardcore if im buying vinyl instead of cd's??? <- I mean that as a question not as being a prick lol.
bulby_g
quote:
Originally posted by Phobz:
Am I still contributing to hardcore if im buying vinyl instead of cd's???

Yes :)
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
quote:
Originally posted by Phobz:
Am I still contributing to hardcore if im buying vinyl instead of cd's???

Yes :)

Vinyl, CD's, MP3's, Attending events, buying merchandise - all helps.
gloworm no worries mate- just my opinion as an old skooler who was weened on the old helter skelter events- don't know if anyone else used to go to them or had the pleasure of experiencing one of those night but believe me it stayed with me forever...
any buisness will cash in if they think it's profitable as you say- it's the DJs behind it as I say that pushed it up MoS's noses that should be commended for rasiing profile and getting a serious- if low budget documentary made about it... someone at MoS obviously is still into the scene
swansea247 oh god not another site takeover

im probably not gonna buy this
clarke101
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
and his own production currently taking the underground scene by storm, ‘Get Hyped’.

Err.....If you say so.

I hope it was a copy and paste from the press release
bulby_g
quote:
it's the DJs behind it as I say that pushed it up MoS's noses that should be commended for rasiing profile and getting a serious- if low budget documentary made about it

Yeah I agree with that completely :) I do think this is a great CD for anyone who doesn't have the material already.

Was too young to go to Skelter unfortunately but I was listening back then, some of my mates went when they were like 13 god knows how they got in :s. I do believe that the original owners have nout to do with the Helter Skelter name now though it was sold.
whittle1
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Phoenix:
*yawn*
More of the same old same old... with 'The Way' being put on this one as well, just for the sake of it

The best thing about this CD release is the site makeover

haha agreed mate!
Definetly won't be getting this one, no point in buying a wad load of songs you already have in your collection.
yaddam205 Ahh, I just noticed this.. but according to both Amzon.co.uk and Amazon.com this album was released MAY 30th... Which exlains why my pre-order from amazon.co.uk was shippe don the 14th of june. but Amazon.com has had the item in stock for 3 weeks now..

I am really confused anyone care to explain..

Link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/tracks/B000FJHW7U/ref=dp_tracks_all_1/103-3020915-4511061?%5Fencoding=UTF8#disc_1

gloworm no no no mate- that's a myth- david pratley- the guy who started HS- still runs it and made the album deal with MoS and is their consultant nd every bit of the album gfrom DJ choice to artowkr to street campaign... check out the interview i found with him here...
http://www.ministryofsound.com/news/features/20060615_4
warped_candykid to the ppl who have this cd already...is the full version of "No More Tears" (track 2 on cd 2), is it the full version with the bouncey happy part...or is it just the soft piano part?
Sk8SiM
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
to the ppl who have this cd already...is the full version of "No More Tears" (track 2 on cd 2), is it the full version with the bouncey happy part...or is it just the soft piano part?

Full Verison... (i think)

put it this way... CD2 isn't your typical Happy HardCore that most would come to expect...

its PURE CHESSE!!!!!! START TO FINISH!!!!

not stuff like bonkers... ohhhh nooooo...

i mean ****ING CHESSE!!!!

so yeah :D very good :D
i was blasting it in the van with my dad today (shamfully i left the oldskool CD in my PC tray this morning)... he couldn't stand it... was rather funny while i was explaining everything to him about the history :D lol

CD3 (billys oldskool) - OMFG!!!! some of them tracks i had herd before but never evan knew was hardcore....

the documenty is ****ing CLASS!!!!

explains about most the of the tunes in the breakbeat eare... you could never go out and buy on CD...

the only place you could here that music... WAS AT THE RAVES!!!!

you'd be lucky if you could own it on tape pack... witch was ofcource of the events... witch evan these were illeagl!!!!

this explains just like it does in the doumenty of why raves back then were GENIUNE!!!!

ravers came cuse they wanted to listen to THAT music...
no one knew about it other then the DOVOTED ravers!!!

just sampling and slaping shit togehter it was back then ;)
no PC's to work on...

them tunes are ****ing intesne...
TRUE CLASSICS!!!

AND I ****ING ENVI ANYONE WHO GOT TO BE THERE IN THEM DAYS!!!
(why was i born at such a shite time man :()

i now understand why so many of them piss and moan that hardcore is dead, and why upfront is shite...
cuse it really was a SCENE back then...

these days its more of a business (if you get what i mean)

apraently... some of the tracks on the CD :) WAS NEVER RELEASED!!!!
cuse of *coff* copyright shit (like i said... sampled)

i think it was "Mystery man" or something hehe *wink wink*

^^^^^^ another reason to buy this CD ^^^^^^^^^^^

i need to watch it again to understand it all more...
but i tell you now...

DEFO WORTH THE BUY!!!

i see what the whole hype was about now...

F*CK DOUGALS MIX OFF!!!
I'm sure most the people that say "I've already got them tunes" are thinking about this mix...

where i can garentee most people havn't evan herd of some of the stuff on slipmatts mix...
and if not... then defo MOST on billys mix!!!

honestly i can't stress how great it is to own this

now all i have to do down the pub instead of having a VERY DEEP debate
about it...

i just have to slap this comp on the table!!!

"This is oldskool (or what was known as breakbeat hardcore)
this is happy hardcore
and this is upfront..."

"take everything i've ever said in...
go home and listen..."

"and admit i was right"

this is one album i can honestly say i wouldn't mind passing it around...
hey, wouldn't give a shite if it got robed!

cuse its like i've always been trying to stress...
and as billy bunter evan himself states in the documently that...
PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THERE HISTROY!!!!

is what this album is doing GOD DAMN good job at...

all in all...
Very well spent £16 odd
swansea247 ^^^ long story short buy it , it's great
Mortis I just seen the TV add for this and it has Heart of Gold playing at one point, not even on the CD....odd.
djDMS
quote:
I'm sure most the people that say "I've already got them tunes" are thinking about this mix...NOT ME

where i can garentee most people havn't evan herd of some of the stuff on slipmatts mix...I HAVE

and if not... then defo MOST on billys mix!!!
YES THESE TOO

So hopefully you now understand what i meant when i said i'm not buying it because i own most of the tunes on it.

Because i DO own MOST of the tunes on all 3 CD's.

I WAS there right at the start and all the way through and the tunes/memories will be with me until i die.

...which is exactly why i don't need to buy it.

Great post though mate :)
The Doc how olds your dad BTW? Sk8SiM! I'm an old twat that only loves my hardcore! wouldn't mind my kids playing any harcore CD in my van in the future! I love your posts because your passionate about what you say! even the BS! nice to see your loving the older stuff (1991-93) most people do if they are a true hardcore lover! anyway won't buy this CD because its like my first ever post on this site regarding the first album! but if you like the real older stuff and want a mainstream album check out Old Skool Rewinds vol1!
yaddam205 Got my copy in today from amazon.co.jp...

Dougal's Mix was excellent for the most part and good to hear an old trance track remixed on there which i loved (Akira-Piece Of Heaven D&G rmx)

havent quite gotten around to the rest, but ill be sure to let you know my opinion means more then yours jk....but seriously it does
Brian K billy and slipmatt's mixes look pretty nice...minus of course starjump, wtf =P did people actually play that when it was released?
silver CD's great if you like the style of hardcore, the documentary is really well done coming from MoS, good follow up to hardcore classics.
bulby_g
quote:
no no no mate- that's a myth- david pratley- the guy who started HS- still runs it and made the album deal with MoS and is their consultant nd every bit of the album gfrom DJ choice to artowkr to street campaign... check out the interview i found with him here...
http://www.ministryofsound.com/news/features/20060615_4

Fair enough. I'm confused though, my dad sold tickets for them and that's not the impression he got... Or was it just that Sidewinder were paying to use the name for their parties? Or is Sidewinder part of Helter Skelter even?

*edit*

Can't watch the interview BTW I have no sound...

quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

Because i DO own MOST of the tunes on all 3 CD's.

Same. I wasn't there from the very start but I've been listening for years and I have quite the collection.
DJ Phoenix Sk8ism, it's quite simple:
I own all the tracks from CD1, apart from the commercial track remixes that i really do not want to hear, and as for the rest...

...I really hate Old Skool

it's good that you're passionate and all about the Old Skool, but i live for Hardcore right here and now. I look forward to new releases because it's fresh and unheard, and i enjoy playing the new Hardcore sounds.

you're saying that people might listen to the roots of our scene and then become 'Hardcore ravers' and that those people are good and ok in your book.
So does that mean because i hate the older stuff, but adore the scene we have now, including the Gabber, that i'm not the kind of person that should be associated with our scene?
Sk8SiM
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:.
I WAS there right at the start and all the way through and the tunes/memories will be with me until I die.

...which is exactly why I don't need to buy it.

Great post though mate :)

YOU BASTARD!!! lol I'll envi you till the day I die (but respect you all at the same time)
Someone build me a time machine please??? Would help!!! Thanks

And yeah I understand your point now no worries...
quote:
Originally posted by [email protected]:
how olds your dad BTW? Sk8SiM! I'm an old twat that only loves my hardcore! wouldn't mind my kids playing any harcore CD in my van in the future!

haha his in his 50's... and cheers for them kind words
quote:
Sk8ism, it's quite simple:
I own all the tracks from CD1, apart from the commercial track remixes that i really do not want to hear, and as for the rest...

...I really hate Old Skool

it's good that you're passionate and all about the Old Skool, but i live for Hardcore right here and now. I look forward to new releases because it's fresh and unheard, and i enjoy playing the new Hardcore sounds.

you're saying that people might listen to the roots of our scene and then become 'Hardcore ravers' and that those people are good and ok in your book.
So does that mean because i hate the older stuff, but adore the scene we have now, including the Gabber, that i'm not the kind of person that should be associated with our scene?

not at all mate...

me myself only ever toke hardcore onboard mainstream 2 years ago... I would listen to the odd track now and then before hand... while in my shitty grunge phase... but I was always "openminded" back then if you like... most the stuff I had was fileshared (just like everything else) with artist names like "happy hardcore" ect (see my point)...

I was into my rock mostly... but I had a dance history form my upbringing and I always loved the energy in them...

I never really followed any music... I was 14-15 and I just liked what I liked... then it was depression after coming out of an 11 month loving relationship... that gave birth to my hardcore love...

It was just the words... signing about love, happiness and just making you smile and not worry about anything...
This aswell as my already fan of bagging my head to hard tunes and going wild!!! (Punk & metal) that make me fall in love with it... put 2 and 2 together ay?

Before hand when I was open minded... it was all the classic happy hardcore mostly stuff on bonkers, that I was listening to... then I came across bonkers 12... And this is what reborn me...

I then started researching to my hearts content... looking up things and finding out where it all came from... this was a first for me in ANY MUSIC!!! – Before this I was openmined and you could really call me as “not a music person… I was finding more and more out after time ofcource but I would always state that happy hardcore and the old stuff was better all becuse of just getting into it and the feeling I had for the unknown scene that I hadn't exp yet... just gave me so much pride... or back then "a arrogant c*nt" should I say...

When I was 13... a good friend of mine called ben coyne... used to come out with us skaters and rockers... and he would do a few laps round the rezza... popped on pills... singing the tunes... lol it was funny... and he knew I was into dance or should I say "openminded" so he'd let me have a listen now and then... where as everyone else mocked him for listening to it...
Lost touch with him now... but he remains one of the most down to earth people I’ve EVER met!!!

^^^^this also gave me a taste for hardcore... I was always a man of being social... and thinking of hardcore as more of a "scene" then "music"... or should I say... a "scene" powered by "music"

It was all stuff like this that made me first ever wanna download the music and see what it was all about, while still remaining openminded...

Then that one day… of that depression… hardcore lifted me up… I just toke it all on board and have LOVED ALL HARDCORE SINCE!!!
I hardly ever listen to any other music other then hardcore...

Well... there’s trance... but I’ve always been a fan of trance... these days tho... I couldn't tell you much about it... compared to hardcore...

These days it’s ALL come to such a ****ing extent...
That you'll see me in a pub bobbing my hand up and down to detect the snare or clap of some shite pop tune on... and I’d turn round and go

*thinks* "110BPM this is.... i.e. CRAP!!!"
And everyone would just look at me and think "WTF!"

HOWEVER MY LONG OVERDUE POINT!!!! (As always! )
Is that Evan if you don't like oldsool...? YOU SOULD STILL RESPECT IT!!!
You should never ever criticize it...

Just like when ben used to get mocked for listen to "happy hardcore"
If you say happy hardcore to someone... people right away think of Alton towers and think WTF!!!! - Cuse they know JACK SHITE that’s why!!!

If you turn round and go "hardcore dance" these days... people think clubland (its true!!!!)... Or you'll get the add ****er trying to dictate that there "subgenre" of music known as "hardcore punk" "hardcore emo" "posthardcore" ect ect... is HARDCORE!!!

Doesn’t matter if it was around loner then hardcore dance... fact of the matter is that HARDCORE IS A ****ING GENRE WITH ITS OWN ****ING SUBGENRES!!! - rules everything out...
(I'm doing it again, drifting away from the point and chatting shite - sorry :P)

ANYWAYS.... - if you turn round and say... ratpack... to people...
They say... yeah man sick one, used to listen to that shit at school (2-3 years ago)
And what they would call it... was "oldskool"

So what if you turn round and went... "oldskool is hardcore!!!"
The same genre as the stuff you've been slaging off for years!!!

And the best one… is when it comes to The Prodigy then the debates get REALLY fun *rubs hands*

And as I said before... you have no right slaging off oldskool or any roots to any music that you like today that came from there...

Nothing can go forward without the past!!!

Or should I say… if it wasn’t for your “sick” oldskool… I wouldn’t be listening to this CRAP!!!!

^^^Kinda spins everything around doesn’t it to all that people that say today’s scene is shite!

The thing is tho that’s scary as ****… (Get this) and the reason I love this album…

Some of the tracks on the oldskool CD… I had herd before when I was like 12 odd (I had just started skateboarding)…
As I said before… kids or should I say my brothers gen was listen to it known as “oldksool” on CD at school… and I used to love listen to some of it as it had that “breakbeat feel” or back then I would call “funky hip hop” (I was young)

And I used to skate to it… cuse I have always scene skateboarding for what it was an URBAN SPORT!!!

Anyways… to this day… intill now… them tracks… I NEVER KNEW WAS HARDCORE!!!!!!!!

Wanna know what that “funky hiphop” track was that I would skate to ;)
(Bare in mind this was well before my grunge phase and before I EVER toke any music for real)

Far Out - Sonz Of A Loop Da Loop Era

When I first started skating… I would skate to this track ^^^ day in… day out!!!

Yet never knew it was hardcore till now :D

In my eyes… it feels like I was DESTIND!!! To be a ****ing hardcore raver!!!

So… to spell this out…

BEFORE TAKING ANY MUSIC FOR REAL!!!
It was breakbeat hardcore…
Then When I was in a grunge phase but openminded… it was happy hardcore
And today… it’s HARDCORE TILL I DIE!!!

^^^^^^^^Evan tho I was never around early 90’s… I’d say that was a pretty scary or should I say F*CKED UP!!! Birth into hardcore…that I never realised intill now…

The other tracks that were on this so called oldksool cd that I recognised were

Don't Go - Awesome 3
Feel Real Good – Manix
Hurt You So - Jonny L <<< used to buzz my tits off this one!
Tell Me Why (M&M Mix) - Rachel Wallace
Let Me Be Your Fantasy - Baby D

^^^^Yep… as if one wasn’t enough there were 5 more to make that “wtf” feeling go down the back of my spine!
NEVER comes any were near the feeling I had when Far Out was mixed in… I didn’t know what to do… at first I was like “OHHHHHH TUNEEEE” then I sat back and went “errrr wtf!!!”

It wes this track that inspired my passion in skateboarding…
It was a feeling I had… I’d wake up everyday being young and where I went… evan just to the shop… I would skate there with this track playing using a TAPE PLAYER WALKMEN… that I record off the CD with out shit stero back then…

Hering this track again has brote all them memos back… I evan know what its call now aswell :D

The fact is none of this stuff on the oldksool cd was EVER RELASED COMMERCAILLY!!!

Unlike most the hardcore that me and you are into today…

So you’ll most likely find that this CD has A LOT of stuff you haven’t herd of before and you shouldn’t class all of oldksool with the same brush… most of it is very different… there’s so much variety in it… like I said… sampled!!! CLASSIC!!!

So Evan now you can’t possible say that all oldksool is crap… cuse most of it you’d be lucky to here…

And besides… I’m sure the point has already been made many times by the so called “anti nuskool” people

Hardcore was more then the music back then… it was a “genuine scene”

Keep listening to your nuskool pal nothing wrong with that…
If you don’t like oldskool then that’s fair enough… your taste… but just never knock it one bit

My point still remains tho and defo to someone in your posi (mostly just into nu-skool)

This CD is WELL WORTH £16

p.s. if you read all that *pats on back* ^^^^ I guess you can now understand why I’m so passionate about hardcore… (50,000x now I can tell ya )
Charco Now THAT was a post and a half. Only read it cos its stupid o'clock in th mornin and I can't sleep.

Understand exactly how you feel though sk8Sim....

Ever thought about writing a book? Seem to have a knack for big posts!!

---On a jump off topic, Go to the post by Liquid NRG- They have posted some free mixes... (One of oldskool cheese... )
Brian K
quote:

yes, yes it does. turn over your headphones, you're done as a hardcore dj =P

and sk8sim, ever heard of keeping things short and to the point? =P

clarke101
quote:
Originally posted by Brian K:
quote:

and sk8sim, ever heard of keeping things short and to the point? =P

If i cant sleep im going to go through it and point out all the spelling mistakes
Charco best of luck with that!!

I'll just sit back and continue listenin to the 'bagpipe anthem'. Oh what a tune indeed.
DJ Phoenix
quote:
Keep listening to your nuskool pal nothing wrong with that…
If you don’t like oldskool then that’s fair enough… your taste… but just never knock it one bit

i don't knock it bud, i just don't like it.
i was the same as you, i used to listen to 'Metal' as we called it then, lol. But before i branched out into Hardcore, i went into Trance - especially the German Trance. To this day i love Trance, and that's the main reason i got into Hardcore. It sounded just like the Trance i was listening to at the time, but it was just harder, faster, and more energetic. So really i'm just a fan of hard, fast, energetic music.
That's where the problem is for me though. Whereas you started from the beginning and worked your way to present-day Hardcore, my first Hardcore CD i heard was Bonkers 9/10, i didn't hear any of the 'Happy' or Old Skool Hardcore until much later really, and it was like taking a step backwards, it's not as fast (for the most part), it's not as hard, and it just doesn't have that edge that i love, so i never really liked it. I do give it a try now and then, and there are some tracks that i really enjoy, but they're the 'classics' mainly that everyone loves... like Eyeopener, Toytown, Party Time and Space Invader (Scott Brown RMX).

So yeah, i do respect that we have progressed from the 'Happy' era, to a degree, but i just don't like it

Oh and by the way, i wasn't digging the music before, i was digging the fact that it's another Old Skool CD, and they nearly all have the same tracks on them, which we usually lap up because we at this site have the habit of seeing ourselves as the 100% Hardcore Til We Die Elite, (which is true ) but it doesn't mean we have to buy everything everyone releases!

quote:
Originally posted by Brian K:
quote:

But...
bulby_g
quote:

The fact is none of this stuff on the oldksool cd was EVER RELASED COMMERCAILLY!!!

Do you mean at the time the vinyl's were released? Most of this stuff is available on loads of CD's.
Sk8SiM
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
quote:

Do you mean at the time the vinyl's were released? Most of this stuff is available on loads of CD's.

what i mean by commercaily is...

the oldksool has never been commercal
not alot of people knew about it...
unlike hardcore today where it has a WAY BIGGER crowd and evan the public are starting to know about it...

it may of been released on so called CD's in later years...

but there was never 1000's and 1000's and of them made to be sold to the golden market!!!

it still remained all underground

UNLIKE NOW OFCOURCE!!! haha
djDMS Wasn't THAT underground - Hardcore was in the charts all the time back then!
Triquatra tons of old skool cds i can think of that were commerically released, most of my collection is old skool

just 4 u hardcore happiness (1,2,3)
hardcore heaven vol 1 - 5
fusion - the ultimate compilation (more than one i belive)
hardcore explosion..

dare i say it.....bonkers 1 and 2...

the list goes on...
Sk8SiM
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
tons of old skool cds i can think of that were commerically released, most of my collection is old skool

hardcore explosion..

the list goes on...

i wouldn't really call that commercail...

and i ent on about the happy phase mid 90's plus...

were talking "oldksool!"

i mean early 90's... THE SCENE!!!!
breakbeat hardcore!!!

Triquatra you've never listened to any of these cds have you?
djDMS I have - and none of them have old Skool hardcore on them.
Triquatra i own them, they are chockablock with old skool breakbeat hardcore.

well bonkers 1 and 2 are a slight possible exception

from what ive seen in this thread so far we're not talking about the warehouse/acid house stuff (tekno 2/4 hero) type stuff. we're talking about old skool breakbeat hardcore...

*edit*
unless sk8sim said somthing about it in his ...novel? post? ;) which theres no way i could make it through all that...

pheonix said he hates old skool - when he said old skool i assume hes talking about the other two cds (as he said he only like cd one)..well the other cds have old skool breakbeat tracks on...
clarke101
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
tons of old skool cds i can think of that were commerically released, most of my collection is old skool

hardcore explosion..

the list goes on...

i wouldn't really call that commercail...

and i ent on about the happy phase mid 90's plus...

were talking "oldksool!"

i mean early 90's... THE SCENE!!!!
breakbeat hardcore!!!

Hahahahhahahahaha

Urban Hype -trip to trumpton. This was made to capitalise on the commercial success of the cartoon tunes

Loads of stuff was commercially succesful.
bulby_g Baby D - Let Me Be Your Fantasy was a well commercial track too, as well as loads of others that aren't on this CD. Lots of Oldskool Hardcore CD's I have were definitely commercial releases.
Chris B
quote:

point is...

I enjoy reading your rambles but thats the biggest lotta shit i've ever heard in my life, including the shitty posts on here about chavs and bootleggers.

Why would i work hard for my money and with what i have left go and buy a cd i either wont like or have most of the tunes on jus "COS ITS HARDCORE, SUPPORT THE SCENE ********"

At the end of the day these producers dont support me, my cash is mine and i spend it on things worthwhile to me.

I've lived life hardcore to f*ck for quite a few years now, blast enough of my cash on vinyl and even more on raves that i enjoy and want to go to.

Buyin a cd you have no need for jus to get it higher in the charts is daft as f*ck, either daft as a brush or too much spare cash.

When ministry of sound start givin me cheques for £15 out the blue i'll think about buyin there cd's
AlecMc112 EVERYONE GO AND BUY THIS TOP DJ'S TOP TUNES CAN'T BEAT THE CLASSICS
-Bazza- This CD is actually 'Recommended' in my local Morrisons.
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Chris B:
When ministry of sound start givin me cheques for £15 out the blue i'll think about buyin there cd's

Quote of the day!

this-is-bonkers even though most ministry CDS suck majoy ass!...thsi one and hardcore classics rocks!..i woudl recomend it it any one and every one
Princess_E
quote:

AND THIS WILL BRING THE RIGHT SORT OF CROWD INTO OUR RAVES!!![/size=4][/b]
LIKE I'VE ALWAYS SAID!!!
IF THEY DON'T THEN F*CK EM!!![/b]
but people seam to f*cking that away!!!![/size=3][/b]

mmmm You Seem to love the word F**K
..... lol i do too. Makes you sound more passionate to get your message across to the common man.
i Love it! by ur enthusiasm i think i owe it to ya to buy it!
Wish there were more people like you aye?
sometimes i feel crazy when i talk to people about music n they sit back like WHATTTT!!!!
*keep swimmin mate*

-Bazza- This doesn't appear to be in the official charts yet, but it was at 9 in my local Woolworths.
silver
quote:
Originally posted by -Bazza-:
This doesn't appear to be in the official charts yet, but it was at 9 in my local Woolworths.

It's number 6!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/compilations.shtml
-Bazza-
quote:
quote:
This doesn't appear to be in the official charts yet, but it was at 9 in my local Woolworths.

It's number 6!

Oh, must have missed that unless they updated it since I first looked.

Number 13 in the dance album chart as well.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/dancealbums.shtml
Sk8SiM
quote:
quote:

It's number 6!

oh great :S R&B Classics number 3 :| ermmm

mabie we sould get some black bitchs shaking there ****ing UGLY ass!!! for the next one... and our album sould move up... ay?

*pulls face* yeah... right....

13 is still good mind you :)
whittle1 BeatFreakz - Somebody’s Watching Me (Dougal & Gammer Remix) is a wicked tune! It's one of the few songs on this album i had not heard before-hand. It's a recent remix though, and a damn good one at that.
krazyk Does anyone know the text Im missing from the through the darkness song(CD1)

You came into my life, you are ________ eyes , show me things ive never seen before, took me to another place, to another time and space. thanks
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by krazyk:
You came into my life, you opened up my eyes , show me things ive never seen before, took me to another place, to another time and space. thanks

loanraver UNITED IN HARDCORE

just bought this album a bit disapointed could have been alot better and the track Ordinary people was well short on this. & yes i got most of these tunes already!

who knows wen bonkers 16 out i was told july ???
stiff the track listin looks gud i din even no it wer out but im defo gettin it afte the last un
Delboy It's ok, the tracklisting is a bit obvious tho. It's same old, same old
loanraver Bring on Bonkers 17! (With loads of new Tunes)
DJNosaJ Yeh i have it i would say cd1 is the best 1 out of thm.
MC Jimmy-G Yawn Yawn Yawn. I wish I didn't buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dj_excy just bought this the other day andf my fave song is jonny l - hurt you so :) loving the cd :) awesome :)
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
BeatFreakz - Somebody’s Watching Me (Dougal & Gammer Remix) is a wicked tune! It's one of the few songs on this album i had not heard before-hand. It's a recent remix though, and a damn good one at that.

I agree, one of the only brand new tracks on the album (CD3 is the best as I don't own too much early 1990s Hardcore) and has to be the best track on Dougal's mix. Most of Dougal's mix has the latest tracks which you would find on most of the Bonkers. Slipmat's mix was top but then I own a few of those classics. Overall, it is a good album!
hardcorehopkins Had to buy this straight away! Its a ****in wicked CD I might have loads of the songs but not all on the same CD ect. I think we should try to support all those Dj's and help keep the scene alive. It's gud 2 jus av all the songs on 1 disc for journeys and chilling with your mates ect. I love slipmatt and billy bunters disc the most but i thought dougals cd look a bit shit but when i listened to it i was shocked at how much better it was than it looked i thought beatfreakz wud be shit but it was quite good. Though I do listen 2 his CD the least. I've got to go to the helter skelter reunion this year the night with vibes dougal sy and slipmatt all my favourite DJ's!!!!!!!

It took 2.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page