Radio listeners 185+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Chart Positions- new directions??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Jimmygoat The classic girl on front cover of Hardcore Adrenalin 3 is only at 27- while the lesser hardcore (only disc 3) of Helter Skelter (alongside Drum and Bass and Rave Breaks) is at 7-

The rave breaks thing is fairly new but surely cant be dragging the sales down on the Skelter Compilation- while although only in one style of hardcore, the Clubland album is doing well also-

Is hardcore dropping off?
Is rave breaks stronger than it was?
Or is the Drum and Bass disk doing it?
Are spinning logos less embarrasing than taking the bikini girl to the counter?

Whats the verdict?
bulby_g I would say because the Skelter disk has more variety it will attract more people. People who don't like hardcore will buy it as well as the people who do.

The clubland CD will just sell by the shit load because the series has a large following of young fans who will buy it because it's Clubland and they know the name.

Hardcore Adrenalin series is shit to top it off so not many people who are well into hardcore will buy it.
DJ Euphoric Hardcore Andrenaline albums are all shocking.
Craig Switchback
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Euphoric:
Hardcore Andrenaline albums are all shocking.

Na, volume 2 was shocking, as well as the bootlegs CD's across the volumes. But the Stu Allan mix on HA3 was great, as was the Seduction mix.

DJ Euphoric Yes No2 was horrible but the one tune that was interesting in that album was Surrender by Al Storm.

Haven't got HA3 heard the samples there are some good tracks on that album such as Outerlimits.
Craig Switchback Yeah, "Surrender" (Al Storm) was EASILY the best track on Hardcore Adrenaline 2. On the subject of volume 3, it really is good.
Some awesome tunes on the Stu Allan mix, including...
Darwin & Ali - Tonight
Visa - Holding On 4 U (Fracus Remix)
Visa - Don't Go Away (Al Storm Remix)
In Effect & Miss Special K - Outerlimits
Stu Allan & Storm Ft Vicky Fee - Paint Me In Sadness
JAKAZiD - Can't Hold Back (DJ Shimamura Remix)

Seduction's mix is also his best. Very energetic, and a nice balance between bouncy and vocal.
DJ Euphoric Darwin & Ali Tonight just had a listen of it and it does sound good.
Craig Switchback It's ****ing awesome mate.
DJ Euphoric It is actually another one of Darwin's best tracks.
Craig Switchback Darwin doesn't do bad tracks. FACT! Wait to you hear some of his new stuff... ;)
DJ Euphoric He has done brilliant tunes with the Kaotik label.

whittle1 Just out of curiousity, anyone know what position Bonkers 17 came in at?
Craig Switchback
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
Just out of curiousity, anyone know what position Bonkers 17 came in at?

Don't know the exact number, but i was told it done pretty good. Contrary to most opinions, Bonkers 17 sold good amounts.

DarrenJ Helter Skelter was just a better cd from what iv heard, plus it appeal to dnb fans also
Hard2Get I've only heard good things about Bonkers 17, and that's from people who normally think they are shit, so i don't see how it could have sold badly. If it did then god knows how badly rubbish like Bonkers 15 sold.
hardcore anorak [quote]Originally posted by Craig Switchback:
Yeah, "Surrender" (Al Storm) was EASILY the best track on Hardcore Adrenaline 2.
deffo agree with that one also ha albums imo aint all bad get rid of bootleg cd to make it better
NeXuS I cant say the same for other scenes because I dont know, BUT here in Southern California Drum'n'Bass has really gotten big in the underground party scene. New clubs and DnB weeklies going on all the time and every weekend.

Also my favorite genre atm is the break-beats... well produced break-beats though :)
I dont need a hyper-active high-pitch single note melody to get me going, just a well thought out track with some thick juicy leads accompanied with some liquid or DnB influenced beats & rythm.

*edit*
forget the "thick juicy leads" part, the tune just has to flow.
bulby_g DnB is mainstream music here TBH. Gets daytime radio airtime on BBC radio 1 :s. That tends to be the gash, jump up stuff though.

We have a healthy scene here though, just a shame jump up is so gash. On a positive note all the wankers go to the jump up nights so you can go to a decent DnB night and have a good, rude boy, safe, ya get me, free time.
GREGGYHTID13 HArdcore Adrenaline 3 cd 1 and 2 was excellent, Needs another DJ rather than the bootlegs, that cd was atrocious apart from Find Me by jakazid which was brilliant. I thought the hardcore cd on rave nation was abysmal, really really average to bad tunes excluding a couple (shooting star and break up) A shame as it had a good variety of artists
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by GREGGYHTID13:
HArdcore Adrenaline 3 cd 1 and 2 was excellent, Needs another DJ rather than the bootlegs, that cd was atrocious apart from Find Me by jakazid which was brilliant. I thought the hardcore cd on rave nation was abysmal, really really average to bad tunes excluding a couple (shooting star and break up) A shame as it had a good variety of artists

Got to agree on that! stus and sedders mixes on HA3 are really good a lot better than the first one!
But I'm now really sick of the bootleg CD, surely its time for a change!

Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
DnB is mainstream music here TBH. Gets daytime radio airtime on BBC radio 1 :s. That tends to be the gash, jump up stuff though.

We have a healthy scene here though, just a shame jump up is so gash. On a positive note all the wankers go to the jump up nights so you can go to a decent DnB night and have a good, rude boy, safe, ya get me, free time.

i was very suprised how big dnb was in england,as i watched various rave dvds and videos i cudn,t believe some of the crowds in the dnb arena,some times there was more in there than the hardcore arenas,as over in ireland the dnb scence is literally non exstint,i don,t no 1 singal person who listens 2 it and probably alot of the people i know wudn,t even know what it was,i also don,t know of any clubs r raves which play dnb(but i,m sure theres 1 somewhere lol)while hardcore has a pretty good following in ireland,u have system x which holds 2 raves a month now 1 in portrush and 1 in omagh,u also have the planet love rave festival which has 7 tents and 4 the first time last year it had 2 hardcore tents,system x first ever tent and then rendevous which used 2 be the only hardcore tent,while all the big hardcore cds like bonkers,ha,cleh e.t.c are in most of the shops and sell quite well
DJ Euphoric HA3 is better then the 1st two.
Orbit1
quote:
DnB is mainstream music here TBH. Gets daytime radio airtime on BBC radio 1 :s. That tends to be the gash, jump up stuff though.

Yeah, but I love it. Thats why I'm moving to england
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
quote:

i was very suprised how big dnb was in england,as i watched various rave dvds and videos i cudn,t believe some of the crowds in the dnb arena,some times there was more in there than the hardcore arenas,as over in ireland the dnb scence is literally non exstint,i don,t no 1 singal person who listens 2 it and probably alot of the people i know wudn,t even know what it was,i also don,t know of any clubs r raves which play dnb(but i,m sure theres 1 somewhere lol)while hardcore has a pretty good following in ireland,u have system x which holds 2 raves a month now 1 in portrush and 1 in omagh,u also have the planet love rave festival which has 7 tents and 4 the first time last year it had 2 hardcore tents,system x first ever tent and then rendevous which used 2 be the only hardcore tent,while all the big hardcore cds like bonkers,ha,cleh e.t.c are in most of the shops and sell quite well

DnB is far bigger here than Hardcore is.
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
quote:

DnB is far bigger here than Hardcore is.

Depends where you live! I say it was a north/south devide! I'm not saying Hardcore has a massive following up north but finding a D&B night past the Brum is rare!

It took 1.28 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page