Total online 1604
 Radio listeners 158+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HHC.com Remix Comp **ARTISTS REVEALED!**(PPF 2014)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Ken Masters Let the battle commence!

After 3 months of production we've finally reached the fun part, the voting stage. First off i'd just like to say a huge thank you to everyone who took the time to open the DAW's and get involved, as well as an even bigger thankyou to Dys7 for allowing us to feature his track in this years comp! As the remixes prove, its been a great track to work with.

Like the PPF album itself, projects like this rely entirely on you guys getting involved & making it your own. The whole idea behind the album & this competition is to get all the members working together, having more established artists working with beginners & giving everyone something to work towards and learn from.

A couple of quick things to mention before we get to the fun stuff...

- The winning remix will feature exclusively on the next PPF album.

- An official 'PPF 2014' preparations thread will begin on 1st December 2013 but it's never to early to get working on material in time for this. Hope to see familiar faces involved again as well as some fresh ones.

PPF (The Past. The Present. The Future.) is a FREE Unmixed Album series created entirely by the HHC.com members. Click here for more info and download link for this years album - http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=60229

- When your checking out the remix submissions please take a second to follow our soundcloud page.

Right, the rules for voting are simple...

- Check out ALL the tracks & vote which 2 are your favourites (bearing in mind that the winning track will receive full professional mastering).

- Send me a Private Message through the site stating your first favourite track & second favourite track. Your first favourite track will receive 2 points & your second favourite will receive 1 point.

- The track with the most points overall will be the winner!

- Votes may be placed up until 28th September 2013.

Can I just make a clear point to the artists involved. DO NOT post any samples of your remixes or download links until the competition is finished. This is an anonymous competition & if anyone figures out which track belongs to who then that track will be disqualified.

Once the competition has finished and the winner has been announced you can do as you please but if your lucky enough to win make sure that your track isn't available to download until mastered & released on 'PPF 2014'.

Now let the voting begin! The original mix can be heard below followed by the entries. Good luck to everyone involved :)

Dys7 - Cherry Bomb (ORIGINAL MIX):

SC - https://soundcloud.com/ppf2013/dys7-cherry-bomb-original-mix

1. Elipton Remix:

SC - https://soundcloud.com/ppf2013/remix1

2. Moriens Remix:

SC - https://soundcloud.com/ppf2013/remix2

3. Nu-Vision Remix:

SC - https://soundcloud.com/ppf2013/remix3

4. Phobz Remix:

SC - https://soundcloud.com/ppf2013/remix4

5. Demise & Eyeopena Remix:

SC - https://soundcloud.com/ppf2013/remix5

6. Captain Triceps Remix:

SC - https://soundcloud.com/ppf2013/remix6

7. Shades ft lil KT 'Vocal out-take Remix':

SC - https://soundcloud.com/ppf2013/remix7

8. Scuz Remix:

SC - https://soundcloud.com/ppf2013/remix8

9. STS Remix:

SC - https://soundcloud.com/ppf2013/remix9

10. The Dopeman Remix:

SC - https://soundcloud.com/ppf2013/remix10

Elipton Can anyone else just see white squares where the Soundcloud embeds are meant to be? Maybe its my browser, but given the age and amount of bugs of this forum...
Perhaps its best to put a URL with each?

Oh and can users discuss their nominations between themselves? I don't want to put every housemate up for eviction :
Remixes are sounding good, I'm looking forward to seeing who wins!
masterbucks All looks fine on my pc Elipton, no problems here viewing.

Ken, can you embed original track in post too for reference :) ... Im being lazy I know.
SmashingTheSirens I'm just on lunch at work and having a sneaky listen to everyone's remixes and I have to say I am liking everyone's work so far, some good quality remixes. I'll give them all a full listen later. But anyways a well done from me and a best of luck to you all who entered.

I'm guessing those entered can't vote, as that would be silly, and cheeky at the same time! lol :-)
Mortis Some good interpretations of the track on show here. Some original sounding and some not. I've got an idea which I think is best but the second best is trickier to decide. Will vote later.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Perhaps its best to put a URL with each?

Done that now mate just incase anyone struggles.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by masterbucks:

Ken, can you embed original track in post too for reference :) ... Im being lazy I know.

that would help! Done :)
_Jay_ My vote has been submitted. WELL impressed with the standard in general and some of the ideas. Good work, lads.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by SmashingTheSirens:
I'm just on lunch at work and having a sneaky listen to everyone's remixes and I have to say I am liking everyone's work so far, some good quality remixes. I'll give them all a full listen later. But anyways a well done from me and a best of luck to you all who entered.

I'm guessing those entered can't vote, as that would be silly, and cheeky at the same time! lol :-)

It goes without saying that you cant vote for yourself but if your feeling generous enough to help your fellow members out then by all means ;)
Triquatra Voted! Being all of the same standard it's a tough call - well done everyone!
Dys7 Boy, these are absolutely fantastic.
Phobz My votes in: stunning work from all involved guys. Can't wait to see who wins and would really like to see which artists were involved with their remix after the winners been announced. Brilliant stuff :)
masterbucks
quote:
Originally posted by Phobz:
My votes in: stunning work from all involved guys. Can't wait to see who wins and would really like to see which artists were involved with their remix after the winners been announced. Brilliant stuff :)

I second that!

Enjoyed blasting these out earlier, took me a good few re-plays to whittle it down and finally get my preferred top 2. All good stuff.
Vote in!
Ken Masters Great varied selection, was sure to go down well :)

Having each remix anonymous is a brilliant way to go about it. Everyone is on a level playing field and im sure the votes will reflect this.

I honestly don't see a problem with people giving feedback on some of the tracks, I think this is all part of the fun especially as its only me and that artist that know which track is thiers.

However what i will say is DO NOT reveal what your exact votes were!. Give feedback on a few of your favorites if you really want too, just try and keep it positive. Once all tracks are revealed and if you still feel you owe it to the artists to give some indepth feedback then by all means but for now just keep it light and upbeat, after all it is just a bit of fun :)
Ken Masters .
Ken Masters Bloody Nokia! Haha

Ken Masters Great varied selection, was sure to go down well :)

Having each remix anonymous is a brilliant way to go about it. Everyone is on a level playing field and im sure the votes will reflect this.

I honestly don't see a problem with people giving feedback on some of the tracks, I think this is all part of the fun especially as its only me and that artist that know which track is thiers.

However what i will say is DO NOT reveal what your exact votes were!. Give feedback on a few of your favorites if you really want too, just try and keep it positive. Once all tracks are revealed and if you still feel you owe it to the artists to give some indepth feedback then by all means but for now just keep it light and upbeat, after all it is just a bit of fun :)
Ken Masters Sorry, could I also just say a huge thankyou to Dys7 for letting you mad lot loose on his track this year, I know you must have been itching to get involved! Haha

cheers for that man.
Moriens Awesome remixes fellas! haha if I get one second place vote ill consider it a winner ;D. and im not exaggerating when I say I love them all, fantastic job
Dys7 Agh! I can't decide which one to vote for.
It's a 10-way tie for me!
akumie i didn't get around to finishing mine (didn't do final mixdown) because i was busy, may as well put it up here anyway. i'm probably going to take out the cherry bomb parts and release it as an original track.

Phobz Awww mate that's gutting, really liking the sound of that Akumie. Like the rushy melody and the beat / snare slowmo build up. Nice :)
Ken Masters That's a shame you never managed to finish yours Akumie, hopefully see you involved in the next members album though :)
Ken Masters I figured i'd get up today, have a listen though the tracks with fresh ears & try and pick a favourite.

I must admit i'm blown away with the variation & level of production on show here. I'm seriously struggling to pick a favourite!

Any more than 10 tracks and I may have had to extend the voting deadline

Well done everyone, will do this annually for sure..
Ken Masters You've all gone quiet haha

please take a second to get the word out, the more people we have involved in the voting process the better :)
djDMS I'm on it mate, will get my vote in asap
djchexmixer Gave them all a good listen at work.
Going to do so again tomorrow then I'll cast my work vote.

Fantastic work everyone!
Captain Triceps Should this be a sticky, or get a daily countdown like the other thread?
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Should this be a sticky, or get a daily countdown like the other thread?

Don't worry, im rather cunning when it comes to bumping ;)

will count down closer to the deadline, make sure everyone's got votes in..
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I'm on it mate, will get my vote in asap

No rush man, have a good listen through em :)

just want to keep pushing this and get as many votes in possible, that way we'll find the most deserving winner.

The votes so far are as varied as the remixes themselves.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by djchexmixer:
Gave them all a good listen at work.
Going to do so again tomorrow then I'll cast my work vote.

Fantastic work everyone!

no rush, have a good listen :)

...then get back to work!!
Project Vee standard of entries is immense well done every one
Shades
quote:
Originally posted by Project Vee:
standard of entries is immense well done every one

I second that,

2 tracks stand out for me & i bet i know who did them too lol

but my lips are sealed
djDMS Bloody hell! There are some absolute stonkers here.

Going to be very hard to find a winner.
Captain Triceps For some reason they've suddenly stopped working for me? Not a single one will work, nor will the actual Soundcloud page itself load.

*EDIT*
It's fixed itself...
Hard2Get
quote:
For some reason they've suddenly stopped working for me? Not a single one will work, nor will the actual Soundcloud page itself load.

Still work for me!
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
For some reason they've suddenly stopped working for me? Not a single one will work, nor will the actual Soundcloud page itself load.

Still work for me!

It's on and off for me, bloody frustrating. I don't get a right lot of time to myself to listen to them properly, only heard each one a couple of times and not had a 'proper' listen, so now I have a few minutes and it's not pissing working properly for me!
Dys7 Clear your cache and switch to classic mode soundcloud.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
Clear your cache and switch to classic mode soundcloud.

It's started working fine again pal. This is the first time it's happened, might have just been a temporary site thing but your probably right about the cache thing anyway.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

Going to be very hard to find a winner.

it certainly is! It'll be a seriously well deserved win for whoever comes out on top!

not to give too much away but the variation in voting is huge, so many people in with a shout of winning this :)
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:
Clear your cache and switch to classic mode soundcloud.

It's started working fine again pal. This is the first time it's happened, might have just been a temporary site thing but your probably right about the cache thing anyway.

hopefully you can get it working enough to make a decision but don't forget you've got until the 15th Oct to make your votes so no rush :)
AceofSpades_Lorenzo voted :D
Ken Masters The votes are coming in thick and fast, if you haven't got involved yet get on it! ;)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by AceofSpades_Lorenzo:
voted :D

Thanks man, hopefully you can cook something up for us for the next album :)
Ken Masters Still to vote? Then get involved!

Have a listen and let's find a truly worthy winner! :)
Project Vee since im involved im not gonna vote but still amazed by the entries its good to kno that hardcore still has so many roads to go down other than breeze's butt love of everything modulate (DNB)
Phobz Breeze butt loves Modulate. Haha! Classic mate.
Shades way to get signed by a big label vee........

pmsl

*edit bump*
Dys7 Do we really need another month for this voting stage?
There aren't that many people on this site, I feel like anyone who was going to vote has already :P
Ken Masters
quote:
Do we really need another month for this voting stage?
There aren't that many people on this site, I feel like anyone who was going to vote has already :P

haha in not gonna lie, I was thinking the same thing the other day.

the only reason i set the deadline as it is was because there was a fair few entries to check out. I didn't expect to get the majority of votes on the first day! Haha

there's definitely still regulars id hoped would've got involved and got votes in so I'll reset the deadline in hope a few stragglers will get involved but shorter than first planned.
DJ Hellfury last minute vote from me, as i was working on 24 hours of music the last days and had to "cooldown" from everything.

after hearing the samples, i just hoped there wouldnt be that much ukh remixes, but its really good to see that many producers joined this.
Hard2Get
quote:
Do we really need another month for this voting stage?

Nah I've still yet to get around to it lol. I already know what my vote is though.
Ken Masters Right ive brought the deadline forward to the end of this month 30th September, that still gives people plenty of time to get involved but saves us all waiting deep into next month for what may be no votes.

If your reading this for the first time then don't delay, get involved and make your vote count!
Ken Masters well we're halfway to deadline & without giving too much away, I can tell you that the voting is incredibly tight!

If you haven't voted already then please take a second to get involved, cheers! :)
Warnman I must say, that after listening all the tracks twice, for me it's still difficult to rate the tracks. Very variefied music is in the game over here... I'll give it another shot today or tomorrow.
The Dopeman can i vote again lol i want them all to win but in a way they all do anyway they're all amazing remixes
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
I must say, that after listening all the tracks twice, for me it's still difficult to rate the tracks. Very variefied music is in the game over here... I'll give it another shot today or tomorrow.

no rush, got a couple of weeks left :)
Ken Masters 11 days and counting!

If you haven't voted yet please take a second to checkout the entries and give the guys involved the respect of a listen :)
Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
11 days and counting!

If you haven't voted yet please take a second to checkout the entries and give the guys involved the respect of a listen :)

And it's worth wasting every second of your valuable free time!
Ken Masters We're now entering the final week of voting, if you haven't voted yet be sure to get them in by the end of the week :)
Ken Masters 7 days and counting!
Elliott I swear someone was doing a dubstep remix that was actually super cool (and I don't even care for dubstep). But it doesn't seem like they entered though. Anyone know the one I'm thinking of?
djDMS Didn't know about that one, would have been good to hear it.
Elliott https://soundcloud.com/fenikmusic/dys7-cherry-bomb-haus-cat

Oh, this is the one. I found it. Really good remix, I reckon!
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
I swear someone was doing a dubstep remix that was actually super cool (and I don't even care for dubstep). But it doesn't seem like they entered though. Anyone know the one I'm thinking of?

news to me buddy, never heard any of that. Guessing they never got it finished.
Ken Masters 5 more days to get your votes in (final day of voting Saturday 29th) and the winning remix will be announced this Sunday :)
Elipton
quote:
5 more days to get your votes in (final day of voting Saturday 29th) and the winning remix will be announced this Sunday :)

Saturday is the 28th, Sunday 29th
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:
5 more days to get your votes in (final day of voting Saturday 29th) and the winning remix will be announced this Sunday :)

Saturday is the 28th, Sunday 29th

Sorry, my mistake.

yeh the results will be revealed on Sunday 29th Sep :)

that's what happens when you try and use your phone in work before the manager sees!
Ken Masters Only 4 more days to get your votes in people.

If you know any members that may have missed this be sure to give em a nudge :)
Shades so...... could we make a post sunday morning guessing who remixed each tune?

who are the artists involved anyway? it wont give too much away would it :)
Ken Masters If they're are no objections, on Sunday morning (as voting will have ended) I'll update all the track titles and you can see exactly which track belongs to who, then sunday afternoon I'll announce the winner :)

3 days of voting left!
Shades cool
Ken Masters Only a couple of days left then we can finally announce the winner!

Its certainly been a close battle but its looking like we now have an out and out winner :)
Project Vee Last day ooooh the tension lol
Ken Masters It is indeed! Final day to vote everyone, so if your one of those people who leave everything to the last minute then this is your time to shine!
Project Vee
quote:
Originally posted by Shades:
so...... could we make a post sunday morning guessing who remixed each tune?

i'm still in 2 minds which is urs... ive been trying to guess the whole time lol
Shades
quote:
quote:
so...... could we make a post sunday morning guessing who remixed each tune?

i'm still in 2 minds which is urs... ive been trying to guess the whole time lol

i havent done anything in ages so it's safe to assume it's the worse one lol
Project Vee
quote:

i havent done anything in ages so it's safe to assume it's the worse one lol

hahaha well its sunday so do we reveal or we still gonna guess? my guess for shades is number 8 or is it 9 i remember u loved ur old skool rave and i kno ur techno aswell so im going with 8
Shades wrong

yours number 3 mr vee?
Project Vee
quote:
wrong

yours number 3 mr vee?

DAMMIT i actually edited my post from 7 to 9 lol and what gave u that though?
Ken Masters All artists are now revealed on the original post, full results thread will be up soon :)
Project Vee Nice one guys
Elipton No one guessed my one so Im happy :D
Captain Triceps I'm not sure anyone even knew I'd entered!
Not that anyone would know which was mine anyway, I don't produce much and rarely upload these days.
Was a good bit of fun, look forward to the next one. Should have these comps more regularly then once a year!
The Dopeman why is mine labled as the drunken scotsman remix???
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
why is mine labled as the drunken scotsman remix???

Because you have multiple personality disorder, and you are both. Sorry you had to find out this way.
Project Vee
quote:
quote:

Because you have multiple personality disorder, and you are both. Sorry you had to find out this way.

HAHAHA lol
The Dopeman
quote:
quote:

lol no i'm not i'm the dopeman...and i don't drink lol
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
quote:

lol no i'm not i'm the dopeman...and i don't drink lol

Yep, and the Drunken Scotsman doesn't do dope
Ken Masters
quote:

Sorry Dopeman, i'm not quite sure how that came to be but i've updated that now.
Ken Masters Just to build that little bit more suspense, i'm afraid you'll all have to wait till I finish work tonight to find out who won.

I'd hoped to announce the winner before I started but after having to get through all the last votes, fully re-count then begin building the results thread I haven't quite finalized the competition, & i'm not prepared to rush the announcement and make any mistakes for the sake of running out the door.

All will be revealed very soon :)

DJ Hellfury dont know who scuz is but good job for creating an really awesome oldskool tune!
Shades
quote:
quote:
wrong

yours number 3 mr vee?

DAMMIT i actually edited my post from 7 to 9 lol and what gave u that though?

the piano my boy... the piano one up

Quicksilver The only one I could guess was #1! :)))
Ken Masters Just to build that little bit more suspense, i'm afraid you'll all have to wait till I finish work tonight to find out who won.

I'd hoped to announce the winner before I started but after having to get through all the last votes, fully re-count then begin building the results thread I haven't quite finalized the competition, & i'm not prepared to rush the announcement and make any mistakes for the sake of running out the door.

there's been a lot of time and effort put in by everyone including myself so it would be a shame to rush the announcement just for the sake of getting to work on time.

sorry for the slight delay and all will be revealed very soon :)
Quicksilver Who the heck is STS? Love his remix, but never heard of that guy.
Moriens Awesome work fellas =) good tunes and good times for certain
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Who the heck is STS? Love his remix, but never heard of that guy.

Goes by the name of Smashing The Sirens, might have seen him post as that a few times :)
wong
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Hellfury:
dont know who scuz is but good job for creating an really awesome oldskool tune!

same here
SmashingTheSirens STS is me, it's not a sexual transmitted disease.... promise! lol. Thanks for the kind words though. Nice to find out who did what. Well done guys and girls, I'm sure there will be a worthy winner :-)
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
The only one I could guess was #1! :)))

You did? :P
Quicksilver Yes Elipton. :P Can recognize your style and sound. :))) Well I wasn't 100%, but I assumed it was you.

quote:
Originally posted by SmashingTheSirens:
STS is me, it's not a sexual transmitted disease.... promise! lol. Thanks for the kind words though. Nice to find out who did what. Well done guys and girls, I'm sure there will be a worthy winner :-)

Good job on the tune. :)
Phobz Hey man I picked up this STS infectious track, it infected me with awesome
_Jay_
quote:
No one guessed my one so Im happy :D

I did.
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
No one guessed my one so Im happy :D

I did.

I told you that I did one though so you had a clue ;)
AceofSpades_Lorenzo https://soundcloud.com/aceofspades-lorenzo/dys7-cherry-bomb-aos-remix-8

just going to leave this here

this going was to be my submission for the remix comp. :x but I was never really happy with it

It took 5.06 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page