Radio listeners 151+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 new compilation: masif hardcore 2008

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
wong taken from ush.net

Masif Hardcore 2008 is a 3 disc hardcore compilation album mixed by Scott Brown, Kevin Energy vs Sharkey, Weaver and will be released the 12th of November 2007.
Note: Not sure if this is getting a UK release :?: :?: :?:

Tracklisting:
CD1: Mixed by Scott Brown
01. Scott Brown - Do What Ya Like (Hyperbass Mix)
02. Scott Brown - Roll The Track (Gammer Mix)
03. Scott Brown & DMO - Always On My Mind
04. Scott Brown - Hardcore Hustler (Weaver Mix)
05. Scott Brown - Turn Up The Music (Breeze & Styes Mix)
06. Scott Brown - Livewired
07. Technikore Feat. Lisa Abbot - My Intention (Dougal & Gammer Mix)
08. Scott Brown - Aurora
09. Scott Brown - Fly With You (Nu Foundation Mix)
10. Scott Brown - Walk Together
11. Scott Brown - Elysium Plus
12. Weaver & Andy L Feat. Fran - Cannonball (Scott Brown Mix)
13. Scott Brown & Kelly C - Need You In My Arms
14. Scott Brown - All About You (Breeze & Styles Mix)
15. Scott Brown - Enlightened (Weaver Mix)
16. Scott Brown - Happy Vibes (2007 Mix)
17. Weaver & DMO - Burning
18. Scott Brown & DMO - Let Me See You Dance

CD2: Mixed by Kevin Energy vs Sharkey
01. Vibes and Livlee - Seven Wonders (Twisted Mix)
02. *UNT - Everything
03. S3RL - Stay (AMS Mix)
04. *UNT Dirty Karma
05. S3RL - Pretty Rave Girl
06. Vibes vs Splash - Techno Wonderland (S3RL Mix)
07. Kevin Energy - Tribal Resistance (K Complex Mix)
08. Darwin, Obie and Me E - Rush The Stage
09. Arkitech, Xero and Douglas - Horney Pussy
10. Darwin, Obie and Me E - Stereo Sonic
11. Lost Soul Feat. Dark Angel - Sacrifice
12. K Complex and Mark Ashley - Imitation Of Life
13. Ephexis - Apex
14. Firefly - Zero Point
15. Kevin Energy, Sharkey and K Complex - Anna (Cube::Hard Mix)
16. Eryk Orpheus vs Arkitech - Step Inside The Party
17. Kevin Energy - Take Me Up (Haze Mix)
18. Arkitech - Transport Part 1
19. Weaver and Antix - Guilty
20. Darwin - What Is With Us?

CD3: Mixed by Weaver
01. Weaver Feat. Whizzkid - Hardcore Masif Intro
02. Weaver & Andy L Feat. Fran - Cannonball (Exclusive Masif Album Mix)
03. Weaver Feat. Vicky Fee - Fading Away (Exclusive Masif Album Mix)
04. Geos - Power & The Glory (Weaver vs Suae Mix)
05. Weaver - Summer Sky (Exclusive Masif Album Mix)
06. Weaver, Technikore & Steve Hill - Night & Day
07. Weaver & A.M.S. - Funky Beats
08. Weaver & Andy L - Tell Me
09. Weaver & A.M.S. - Lover
10. Weaver - Another Day
11. Weaver - Dance With Me (Exclusive Masif Album Mix)
12. Neon Lights - Love You More (Weaver vs Steve Hill Mix)
13. Weaver - Hardcore's My Life
14. Weaver & Tom-E - I Feel Wonderful
15. Hardcore Masif - Mad World (Weaver vs Steve Hill Mix)
16. Hardcore Masif - Cold As Ice (Weaver vs Suae Mix)
17. Weaver Feat. Whizzkid - Animal

silver You really need to read our news page, ush took it from us :)

It's also not new, been reporting about it for a month or so now :)
Mortis Nice to see Weaver & Scott Brown varying their tracklists and giving other artists some exposure.
bulby_g
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
Nice to see Weaver & Scott Brown varying their tracklists and giving other artists some exposure.

:D Especially when Scott Brown recently moaned about people putting all there own tracks on comp's. Hah.
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
quote:
Nice to see Weaver & Scott Brown varying their tracklists and giving other artists some exposure.

:D Especially when Scott Brown recently moaned about people putting all there own tracks on comp's. Hah.

Did he really? Slightly hypocritical me thinks.

Lilley
quote:

think your being bit unfair on weaver their. he hasnt had heaps of exposure himself. that is, to the extent that scott brown has. he's not particularly well known on the international scene is he? and besides, me wants to hear some of those tracksies
wong
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
You really need to read our news page, ush took it from us :)

It's also not new, been reporting about it for a month or so now :)

soz dude, had only just got up n that

DarrenJ
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
quote:

think your being bit unfair on weaver their. he hasnt had heaps of exposure himself. that is, to the extent that scott brown has. he's not particularly well known on the international scene is he? and besides, me wants to hear some of those tracksies

CD is for australia, he is the most well known aussie hardcore DJ... international has little to do with it

I find it odd all of the excutive guys are missing
Dj Satsky Cover design looks fantastic..
bulby_g
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, very hypocritical.

I thought after his Bonkers17 TL and reading his moan he might be changing his ways... Doesn't look that way now.

Wouldn't say Weaver should be excused from making a boring self promoting TL either. There is more than one way to get your name well known! I don't think putting all his own tracks on a mix is a good way of going about it either. That's a bad publicity.
this-is-bonkers hope this pops up on Ebay so i can buy it, it looks good
Quicksilver Hahaha I laughed when I saw Scott Brown's tracklist... He's so up his own ass.

Weaver is forgiven, he has a nicer overall attitude than SB and he needs a bit more recognition me thinks. ;)
Dj Satsky Weaver is a good DJ his tunes are brilliant...
Mortis
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, very hypocritical.

I thought after his Bonkers17 TL and reading his moan he might be changing his ways... Doesn't look that way now.

Wouldn't say Weaver should be excused from making a boring self promoting TL either. There is more than one way to get your name well known! I don't think putting all his own tracks on a mix is a good way of going about it either. That's a bad publicity.

Totaly agree. Weaver makes some good tracks no doubt about that. I don't mind the guy at all but I do agree with your point about going about this CD.

If the CD is for Australia like Darren says then where are all of the other Aus producers?

dj switchback Before people start having a go at Scott Brown and co , read this

To quote Weaver:

"reason why scott and kevin used there own material is cause licensing was easier to do it all from the one person , my tracklisting was going to be way different but none of the companies or djs got back to the masif guys for licensing".

And there should be a UK release around Jan/Feb. If your prepared to wait.
Nooney "reason why scott and kevin used there own material is cause licensing was easier..."

I don't think that is an acceptable excuse, they need to put effort in if they want to have a good end product - which is kind of stating the obvious. I could have bunked most of my school year, that would have been much easier but I actually wanted some respectable GCSEs at the end of it so I did the smart thing and chose not to.

I agree with the comments on Scott, his Bonkers tracklist made me think he was sorting things out but maybe that was just Marc Smith's influence as clearly he's not changing his ways too soon.
DJ Mole
quote:
Originally posted by Nooney:
"reason why scott and kevin used there own material is cause licensing was easier..."

I don't think that is an acceptable excuse, they need to put effort in if they want to have a good end product - which is kind of stating the obvious. I could have bunked most of my school year, that would have been much easier but I actually wanted some respectable GCSEs at the end of it so I did the smart thing and chose not to.

I agree with the comments on Scott, his Bonkers tracklist made me think he was sorting things out but maybe that was just Marc Smith's influence as clearly he's not changing his ways too soon.

If easier meant the CD coming out now and not half way through next year then whats the big deal

Nooney
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mole:
If easier meant the CD coming out now and not half way through next year then whats the big deal

As they say patience is a virtue, and if it produces a more exciting album then what's the big deal with waiting a bit longer?
DJ Mole I'd say there isnt much stuff left for albums at the minute due to other albums coming out it'd be full of half the pish of imodownload and trackitdown which frankly alot of it is shocking not naming names (i'd rather have a mix full of scott brown/weaver tunes if they are the ones that are good enough to make an album), for albums you have to have good songs not pish made in 30 seconds which is what alot of tunes on imodownload/trackitdown are at the minute. the albums that have just come out bonkers etc have covered alot of the best tunes, this album looks good for what it is.
J.T.S Very good point there...
CDJay "but none of the companies or djs got back to the masif guys for licensing""

*tuts*

*spanks*

Well, I hope you've learned your lesson. I respond quickly, offer primo material and look pretty in a tutu.

Always next time, eh? ;)

CDJay
DJ Weaver Hey guys!

Cheers for all the feedback! Looks like its going to be a good release! Thanks for posting it up Hak's! Should be down your way in Jan or Feb for an album launch as such! Will let you know!

For all those people bagging it out, you have to realize that this is a CD mainly for AUSTRALIA! We haven't had any sort of local release Australia wise for a good 5 years, unlike you guys which have 2-3 a month in the UK this is 1 in 5 years! Even the Bonkers, Clubland, Hardcore Adrenaline, Ministry CD's you guys have, well we don't get them here, if we do get bonkers its 3 months after you guys get it which by the time we do every ****er has downloaded it! There isn't a huge market in Hardcore in Australia as the scene is so far apart, we have 1 party a weekend if we are lucky in Sydney, and maybe 1 every month in other states! The reason for mainly artist albums in this case is because the budget is no where near as much as what your albums would be and cause it's the first one no one knows how it will sell? There were a few labels and people that some of the DJ's were going to license tunes from but some didn't reply, some declined due to the lack of advances and so on and some didn't get back in time due to the 3 week deadline with paperwork, on my CD i had 6 different other tunes that were to go on there but it wasn't done in time so i had to replace it with other stuff.

With Scott's CD theres tonnes of different remixes and other tunes on there, in my opinion it looks awesome, also got the classics on there like turn up the music and so on which were huge here in Australia, so you have to realize that Australia is different! Very different to the UK! Same as the Freeformation boy's disc, looks awesome, and also has some exclusive remixes on it as well, don't know why people are complaining!

So hopefully everyone will support this CD and there will be a follow up, thanks to Steve Hill as well and the Masif crew for the opportunity and faith in Hardcore in Australia! Hope everyone likes all the disc and especially my new stuff which some of you would have heard in the UK when i was last out!

Enough said!

Weaver
[email protected]
Lilley
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenJ:

well its not an executive release is it? they are different labels aren't they?
TypeR Weaver is a cool guy. Had a chance to play a show with him earlier in the month.

I'm personally glad to see he has a comp cd.
sora.slx YaY for Australia :D

A rare opportunity indeed, looking forward to this album.
Dj Satsky That Weaver & Andy L tune Cannonball remixed version sounds good..
_firefly_ CD2 looks really good, cant comment on CD1-3 cos I havent heard much from them but am interested in them, especially the weaver as what i've heard from him is usually good, if a tad cheesy.
Ionosphere
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mole:

....it'd be full of half the pish of imodownload and trackitdown which frankly alot of it is shocking not naming names....

Some of it is extremely good and, naming names, 'Equinox' by someone called _firefly_....
Steve Hill Hi everyone!

My first post on here so rock on!

Thanks the words of support on the CD and also just to clarify some things because it's better coming from the label than being speculation...

First, all DJ's put forward their tracklistings and we tried to clear everything on their lists. Unfortunately we couldn't get all the tracks we wanted due to budget constraints; time; people didn't get back to us; or they declined usage. Therefore most of the tracks used were from the respective DJ's labels. To be fair on Scott he did want a few other tracks on his mix from other artists / labels but we couldn't clear them for the CD!

Second, the brief from Masif was for all the DJ's to present a CD based on what they'd be playing on their forthcoming tours around Australia. Not sure if some of you have been on tour in Australia but if you don't play some of the big tunes you're known for you'll get lynched so that's why there is some upfront and some classic tracks on everybody's discs.

Third, we are well aware that Bonkers is also coming out around the same time so we wanted to make sure that the mixes were totally different from both packages as Scott and Kev etc were mixing discs for Bonkers too hence giving each of the DJ's a different brief.

This is the first Hardcore CD of its kind here. We're promoting one of Australia's finest exports, Weaver, alongside some of the world's greatest. If some people's catalogue isn't represented it's because they'll hopefully be involved in the next edition; the DJ's never requested it; they asked for too much money or they chose not to give clearance.

Here at Masif it's always 100% DJ selection - we don't push tracks on the people mixing the compilations - all the discs are a true representation of those that have mixed them...and we love 'em! We hope you do too!
novaboy shouldnt steve have a medal lol.
TypeR
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hill:
Hi everyone!

My first post on here so rock on!

Thanks the words of support on the CD and also just to clarify some things because it's better coming from the label than being speculation...

First, all DJ's put forward their tracklistings and we tried to clear everything on their lists. Unfortunately we couldn't get all the tracks we wanted due to budget constraints; time; people didn't get back to us; or they declined usage. Therefore most of the tracks used were from the respective DJ's labels. To be fair on Scott he did want a few other tracks on his mix from other artists / labels but we couldn't clear them for the CD!

Second, the brief from Masif was for all the DJ's to present a CD based on what they'd be playing on their forthcoming tours around Australia. Not sure if some of you have been on tour in Australia but if you don't play some of the big tunes you're known for you'll get lynched so that's why there is some upfront and some classic tracks on everybody's discs.

Third, we are well aware that Bonkers is also coming out around the same time so we wanted to make sure that the mixes were totally different from both packages as Scott and Kev etc were mixing discs for Bonkers too hence giving each of the DJ's a different brief.

This is the first Hardcore CD of its kind here. We're promoting one of Australia's finest exports, Weaver, alongside some of the world's greatest. If some people's catalogue isn't represented it's because they'll hopefully be involved in the next edition; the DJ's never requested it; they asked for too much money or they chose not to give clearance.

Here at Masif it's always 100% DJ selection - we don't push tracks on the people mixing the compilations - all the discs are a true representation of those that have mixed them...and we love 'em! We hope you do too!

Quoted for Emphasis

Mortis Thanks for Weaver & Steve for clearing that up, atleast they put forward a reasonable response as to why the album is the way it is. Wonder if others will one day tell us why they shamelessly self promote...
bulby_g Yeah, that seems reasonable enough.

I'll still be getting this as it does look good. I just hate "artist" or "label" mixes. Never enough variety on them.
Lilley
quote:
Yeah, that seems reasonable enough.

I'll still be getting this as it does look good. I just hate "artist" or "label" mixes. Never enough variety on them.

your hoping it comes out in england
bulby_g It does, early next year I believe.

Plenty ways to get holf od a copy if it doesn't anyway :)
DJHaze
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenJ:

well its not an executive release is it? they are different labels aren't they?

We have two tracks on there.

and yes this is a Masif Hardcore release and as reasons given by Weaver most of his own stuff is going to be promoted obviously.

Although I would like to do an Executive CD soon. There is lots of other Aussie Hardcore out there.

Cheers,

Ben
dj switchback Pre-Ordered my copy this morning. Any others wishing to do so , here's the link.

http://www.sanity.com.au/product/produc ... ku=2101864
bulby_g
quote:
Originally posted by dj switchback:
Pre-Ordered my copy this morning. Any others wishing to do so , here's the link.

http://www.sanity.com.au/product/produc ... ku=2101864

Nice one.
Dj Satsky Can't wait till this comes out.
The Doc
quote:
quote:
Yeah, that seems reasonable enough.

your hoping it comes out in england

It is!
http://www.play.com/Music/CD/-/8/33/-/3515257/Masif-Hardcore-2008-Mixed-By-Scott-Brown-Kevin-Energy-Vs-Sharkey-Weaver/Product.html?searchtype=genre
(theres always an album released on my birthday) its tradition

DJ Weaver Hey guys!

Just letting you know that the CD is now out! Only place you can get it that will deliver world wide now is www.masif.org and they will deliver it direct to you, this site is also the cheapest place to get the CD so start the orders! Also due to the colapse of AMATO the UK release date may be pushed back so i will let you know more details when i do! Keen to hear some feedback on the CD so let me know when someone gets it!

Weaver
sora.slx Can't find this album anywhere :S i went to the city today (sydney) and i went to jb hi-fi, they didnt have it, neither did my local hmv or sanity store. For some reason the hmv in the city is gone.

i should have checked virgin music store when i was in the city ><
DJ Weaver Yo!

As i just stated most record stores will be taking order's for it if they do not have it in stock. if not you can order it direct at www.masif.org and they will deliver to you as well!

Weaver
Lilley
quote:
Originally posted by sora.slx:
Can't find this album anywhere :S i went to the city today (sydney) and i went to jb hi-fi, they didnt have it, neither did my local hmv or sanity store. For some reason the hmv in the city is gone.

i should have checked virgin music store when i was in the city ><

about quarter of hmv/virgin/sanity's have ordered them. they should receive them within the week i think. particularly because with this cd virgin gives double points
DJ Weaver Hey!

Just letting you all know that most of the stores Sydney wide now have them in stock, selected JB HI FI, Sanity & HMV do have them in stock, if you are having troubles getting it still you can order it from them just place an order, if not jump on www.masif.org and you can get it from there at a great price!

W
DJ Weaver For those people interested i now have a download page on my webspace! www.djweaver.com.au/downloads and i will be uploading mixes on there very soon so you can all keep up to date with tunes and releases! Check out the new MASIF HARDCORE 2008 sampler!
Vladel I bought mine recently while on holiday in australia and i must say i'm very impressed

It took 2.8 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page