Radio listeners 190+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Kniteforce 20th annivesary

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Empyreal Perhaps you have read it in the hhc news: The Kniteforce label will celebrate it's 20th birthday with a special remix CD. Hoorayyy! This has deserved its own thread. Luna-C put the first five clips online yesterday:
http://soundcloud.com/luna-c/20-20-first-5-competition

They are part of a "Guess the track name" competition which will be announced via the kniteforce mailing list (subscribe at http://www.kniteforcerevolution.com/blog/). I am very excited :).

Simon Can't wait!
djDMS Same here, REALLY excited!
Breakbeat Jon Can't wait as well! Easily my favourite label of any genre.
Empyreal 20 years is a pretty long time for an underground label. I am wondering, if Kniteforce is the oldest existing hardcore label? Maybe one of the oldest existing electronic music labels in general.
Craigavon raver Sounds intresting alright, will await further news!
Breakbeat Jon I would say it's the oldest hardcore label. Dance music wise the label I can think of going the longest would be XL.
Captain Triceps I just hope I can afford one when it comes out before it is sold!
Empyreal
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
I just hope I can afford one when it comes out before it is sold!

I hope that there will be more copies of the CD than the 100 pieces of the executive bundle.
djDMS I'd prefer it to be limited - as long as i can get one!
Empyreal Next five clips:
http://soundcloud.com/luna-c/20-20-second-5-competition
Empyreal More information in the project.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by knechtodawas:
20 years is a pretty long time for an underground label. I am wondering, if Kniteforce is the oldest existing hardcore label? Maybe one of the oldest existing electronic music labels in general.

I know Slam (not the DJ) & a few others launched Soma Quality Recordings back in 1991 & are going stronger than ever.

I definitely still class them as underground even though they run the dance tent at T in The Park every year & found Daft Punk.

They're more a techno & house label but the more open minded hhc.com members should definitely check them out. Glasgows finest bringing you consistent quality for 20+ years.

On topic! Im seriously looking forward to this CD. Luna C is not known to disapoint!
Breakbeat Jon Good shout on Soma, didn't realise they'd been going as long as they have. Positive Education is one of the best bits of techno ever.
R&S records are still putting out fine electronic music, I think they've been going since 1984. Can't think of any other underground label going as long as that.
Simon I seriously MUST remember about this CD, I don't want to miss out! My Tardiness has caught me out before, not this time though, I'm ready with my itchy trigger mouse finger ready to pre-order as soon as the main man says go!
Empyreal Competition :)
http://www.kniteforcerevolution.com/2020-competition/
Ken Masters any word on pre-ordering this yet?

I'm sure I remember reading that the winner would be anounced today & the pre-ordering would be available.
Triquatra I thought the winner is being announced on the 25th!
Empyreal That's what Chris wrote in the newsletter:

quote:

Just a quick email to let you know that we are on the final days of the competition. If you are going to enter, you need to do so by Monday night. Here is the link to the form:

http://kniteforcerevolution.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=38b6d4bda2f5acebf7e151c44&id=80ab6680a1&e=a08e8892c9

Also, I am planning to put the presale up on Tuesday - but don't be surprised if its a little late....like, maybe Wednesday or something lol. I am still waiting for some of the parts, and I need them all so that I can get the correct weight and size etc for postage. But I will email the mailing list as soon as it is ready to be preordered!

Triquatra teach me for not reading the latest one correctly, could have sworn he said in an earlier mailout that it was the 25th!

*edit*
ah that is the 25th isn't it lol
latininxtc Did anyone do the competition? I did it but found it pretty hard. I couldn't even think of any parts for like 4 of them
Triquatra I entered - I filled them all out, but no idea if they're right - the remixers was the hardest part :(
Ken Masters ah thanks for the info, just don't wanna miss out on this!
Triquatra awwww didn't win! nevermind hehe
here were my guesses

Jimmy J and CruLT - Djs in full effect (Skampy Mix)
Luna C - 6Six6 (CLSM Mix)
Brisk - Airhead (S3rl Mix)
Luna C - I Run These Streets (Bexxie Mix)
Force and Evolution - Perfect Dreams (CLSM Mix)
Force and Evolution - Fall Down On Me (Entity Mix)
Alk-E-D - Home (Luna C Mix)
Force and Evolution - Stampede (Dave Skywalker Mix)
Force and Evolution - High On Life (Uplift and Ponder Mix)
Luna C - Edge Of Madness (Jelly Custard Mix)
Luna C - The Shivers (Deluxe Mix)
DJ Psycangle - Smile **** Up (Wizbit Mix)
Jimmy J and CruLT - Runaway (S3rl Mix)
Ham - Most Uplifting (Brisk Mix)
Jimmy J and CruLT - Six Days (Skampy Mix)
Alk-E-D - Super Sunday (Gammer Mix)
Alk-E-D - Selecta (Dair Mix)
DJ Poosie & Cru-L-T - Hear Me Hear Me (Uplift Mix)
Cru-L-T - Snow In Summer (Ponder Mix)
2 Croozin - Code Red Panacea Mix)
Jimmy J and CruLT - Six Days (Voldemort Mix)
Eko - Renagade Rewind (Reese Mix)
Future Primitive - Lift Me Up (Fracus and Darwin Mix)
Future Primitive - Feel It In The Air (Radiophonic Oddity Mix)
Luna C - Back 2 Basics (Darwin and Entity Mix)

congrats to Nikita
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
awwww didn't win! nevermind hehe
here were my guesses

Jimmy J and CruLT - Djs in full effect (Skampy Mix)
Luna C - 6Six6 (CLSM Mix)
Brisk - Airhead (S3rl Mix)
Luna C - I Run These Streets (Bexxie Mix)
Force and Evolution - Perfect Dreams (CLSM Mix)
Force and Evolution - Fall Down On Me (Entity Mix)
Alk-E-D - Home (Luna C Mix)
Force and Evolution - Stampede (Dave Skywalker Mix)
Force and Evolution - High On Life (Uplift and Ponder Mix)
Luna C - Edge Of Madness (Jelly Custard Mix)
Luna C - The Shivers (Deluxe Mix)
DJ Psycangle - Smile **** Up (Wizbit Mix)
Jimmy J and CruLT - Runaway (S3rl Mix)
Ham - Most Uplifting (Brisk Mix)
Jimmy J and CruLT - Six Days (Skampy Mix)
Alk-E-D - Super Sunday (Gammer Mix)
Alk-E-D - Selecta (Dair Mix)
DJ Poosie & Cru-L-T - Hear Me Hear Me (Uplift Mix)
Cru-L-T - Snow In Summer (Ponder Mix)
2 Croozin - Code Red Panacea Mix)
Jimmy J and CruLT - Six Days (Voldemort Mix)
Eko - Renagade Rewind (Reese Mix)
Future Primitive - Lift Me Up (Fracus and Darwin Mix)
Future Primitive - Feel It In The Air (Radiophonic Oddity Mix)
Luna C - Back 2 Basics (Darwin and Entity Mix)

congrats to Nikita

Nikita? Is this a Nikita in the US?
Triquatra I assumed that because there was no last name, its the producer/singer?
Endymion Feat. Nikkita - Abduction?

latininxtc So now that the competition is over, any info on the pre-orders for the box set?
Empyreal The new pre-order date is October 1st.
Luna-C Nikita is not from the USA - actually from the Ukraine!

And the pre sale goes up on Monday, 100% for sure. I will email the mailing list and post on here when it is up!
Smoogie I thought Kniteforce would be 20 next year? But still a good label and I have read their history on their site. Luna C is one of the few who refused to change Hardcore into something less than it was. He did push the boundaries and experiment though but kept it Hardcore the same time.

My favs have to be tunes like Runnaway, Runnayway 97 6 days, 6 Days (Brisk Remix), Shout Now, Shout Now (Hixxy and Sharkey Remix) and others
Breakbeat Jon Pre-Ordered! Despite a heavy weekend and having today off work I set my alarm early and got up and waited for the email to come through. Not missing out on this bad boy.
djDMS Ordered mine. Just need to be patient now!
Ken Masters I really didn't expect it to be so much but I can totally understand why, what a package!

However with a move to Devon within the next week I may have to accept the fact that I won't be 1 of the 100. Brutal!
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Shadow:
I really didn't expect it to be so much but I can totally understand why, what a package!

However with a move to Devon within the next week I may have to accept the fact that I won't be 1 of the 100. Brutal!

What yomoving to Devon for? I was in Devon a few weeks ago lol
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
quote:
I really didn't expect it to be so much but I can totally understand why, what a package!

What yomoving to Devon for? I was in Devon a few weeks ago lol

You fair get around don't you smoogie!

My girlfriends from there originally, she moved up my way a few years back but wants to get back down closer to her family. I guess its my turn to do the travelling. I must be fcuking mad!
Smoogie
quote:
My girlfriends from there originally, she moved up my way a few years back but wants to get back down closer to her family. I guess its my turn to do the travelling. I must be fcuking mad!

I live in Dorset, the next County along lol but I was in Torquay a few weeks ago. You should love Devon even Plymouth the largest city is a nice city! Try to pick up the West Country accent as well if you can
Triquatra half of my family is in devon, south brent! :)
djDMS
quote:
half of my family is in devon, inbred! :)

Fixed for you mate :-p
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
half of my family is in devon, inbred! :)

Fixed for you mate :-p

Haha! Your a bad man!

Give me a shout if your ever out that way dude. Hopefully get to some events close by. I need to get my raving shoes back on, seriously lost touch in the way of live events. I need to experience the sweet sound of live freeform once again!
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:

I live in Dorset, the next County along lol but I was in Torquay a few weeks ago. You should love Devon even Plymouth the largest city is a nice city! Try to pick up the West Country accent as well if you can

It'll take a lot to break this Glaswegian accent!
Smoogie
quote:

Sharkey is from Devon watch his Vicky Pollard impression hat should give you something trypical of a Devon accent. Its the country bumpkin slang you would need to get used to lol
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:

Sharkey is from Devon watch his Vicky Pollard impression hat should give you something trypical of a Devon accent. Its the country bumpkin slang you would need to get used to lol

I ashamed to say I didn't know Sharkey was from Devon. tbh I couldn't tell you where any Hardcore DJ/Producers come from, well apart from Scott Brown.
Smoogie
quote:
I ashamed to say I didn't know Sharkey was from Devon. tbh I couldn't tell you where any Hardcore DJ/Producers come from, well apart from Scott Brown.

Everyone knows where Scott Brown is from the name is a hint lol Marc Smith was also from Glasgow & Joey Riot somewhere else in Scotland.

I know that Hixxy is from Portsmouth, Sy & Unknown from Aldershot, lipmatt, Vibes & Darren Styles are from Essex (Styles being from Clacton which is where I will be in a few weeks), Brisk is from Southampton & Seduction is from London. Many of the earliest big names where from London or Essex and over seas you had countess guys from Rotterdam such as Paul Elstak & Americans such as Lenny Dee.
Breakbeat Jon
quote:

I know that Hixxy is from Portsmouth,

along with Vinylgroover, Robbie Long lives across the water in Gosport, and Southampton is also home to Ramos, Supreme, Marley, Sunset Regime, DJ Mob and I think UFO.

Ken Masters
quote:
quote:

Everyone knows where Scott Brown is from the name is a hint lol Marc Smith was also from Glasgow & Joey Riot somewhere else in Scotland.

I know that Hixxy is from Portsmouth, Sy & Unknown from Aldershot, lipmatt, Vibes & Darren Styles are from Essex (Styles being from Clacton which is where I will be in a few weeks), Brisk is from Southampton & Seduction is from London. Many of the earliest big names where from London or Essex and over seas you had countess guys from Rotterdam such as Paul Elstak & Americans such as Lenny Dee.

Oh how this thread has evolved Haha

Yeah Marc Smith is a Glasgow boy aswelll & im guessing Mr Riot was born in Glasgow being a fellow Celtic bhoy.

One thing that's always confused me something finally relevant to this thread...where exactly is Luna-C from?

I've always thought he was American then wandered how he could have had such an influencial label as Kniteforce with so many top English producers involved.

is he originally from the UK or even spend part of his life over here, or in actual fact run the label from across the pond. Just something I've never known for certain.
Smoogie
quote:
is he originally from the UK or even spend part of his life over here, or in actual fact run the label from across the pond. Just something I've never known for certain.

It dosn't say on Discogs where his from. My money is on the London area.

I also forgot to mention Bass Generator is from Newcastle and was more famous there than Ant and Dec would be! You also had people like Ellis Dee who was from Leamington Spa, he went down the Jungle path along with DJ Hype who was also from Essex. I have also been getting into some of LTJ Bukum's sets and he is also from London, again more early Jungle side of things.

And Fireshadow, I think I told you once there was an Happy Hardcore act from Paisley called The Project who had a tune on Bonkers 4 'My sweet thing' which Dougal famously 'faded out' of. Talking of Dougal anyone know where he is from?
djDMS Think this needs a new topic!
Breakbeat Jon Luna C's from Loughton, essex but now lives in the states.
Luna-C
quote:
Originally posted by Breakbeat Jon:
Luna C's from Loughton, essex but now lives in the states.

Yep, lived in Essex all my life until about 3 years ago when I moved to the Raleigh, NC, USA.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by Luna-C:
quote:

Yep, lived in Essex all my life until about 3 years ago when I moved to the Raleigh, NC, USA.

The man has spoken lol

Looking forward to the CD [aprove]
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:

Ah well that clears that up. Why the move so far then? Did you just fancy a change?

Hope you've settled well.
arpz Smoogie, what's the importance of the fade out on dougals bonkers 4 mix? Is there a thread about it or something?
Luna-C Last 15 box sets are available now:

http://www.kniteforcerevolution.com/shop/2020-dont-die-wondering-kniteforce-box-set/

25 remixes, 4 CDs, Stickers, Posters, Glowsticks, DVD full of Samples...
Samination Luna-C I Run These Streets (Dj Brisk Remix) is complete nuts!

Will these tracks be bought outside the boxset?

Reading the blog, I guess I really need to buy the complete set :/ $92 just for tracks is abit too much :(
djDMS The box looks amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Luna-C I Run These Streets (Dj Brisk Remix) is complete nuts!

Reading the blog, I guess I really need to buy the complete set :/ $92 just for tracks is abit too much :(

This isn't "just tracks" it's a collector's box set. So there's a bit of new and old stuff in there. I'd say it's very well worth it!
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

This isn't "just tracks" it's a collector's box set. So there's a bit of new and old stuff in there. I'd say it's very well worth it!

to those who like it yes. But to be frank, I only like about 10% of whatever has been released on Luna C's labels. so would you still say it's worth it?
lurker I'm kinda disappointed that I forgot to buy this. Actually, I'm EXTREMELY disappointed.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

to those who like it yes. But to be frank, I only like about 10% of whatever has been released on Luna C's labels. so would you still say it's worth it?

if you only like 10% of their stuff, then why the hell are you being so damn stupid to even consider it? clearly you don't consider buying something just for the sake of having it. We're all buying it because we love the stuff on the label. You should really stop posting just for the sake of posting.
Samination I am not posting because I am a troll. I am genuine wanting to buy the tracks that appear on the remix CD. But if it's not released outside this boxset, then I am screwed, or have to result to piracy. Why do you keep talking about my dickheadness? I just want to buy my music. And paying 92 bucks for this and throw away everything else (seriously, it willl just collect dust like my other special editions stuff :P) would be disrespectful to Luna C.
latininxtc
quote:
I am not posting because I am a troll. I am genuine wanting to buy the tracks that appear on the remix CD. But if it's not released outside this boxset, then I am screwed, or have to result to piracy. Why do you keep talking about my dickheadness? I just want to buy my music. And paying 92 bucks for this and throw away everything else (seriously, it willl just collect dust like my other special editions stuff :P) would be disrespectful to Luna C.

because the answer is pretty obvious really there's no need for questioning really. I mean sure Luna-C would appreciate your business if you purchased it, but once it's yours you can do as you please (except upload it for the whole world to steal). So if you only like 10% of the label, then it's obvious that this isn't for you. If you want/need these songs that badly, then $92 should mean nothing to obtain these tracks. you really know how to make a mountain out of a molehill.
Samination yea. A mountain of molehill worth $92 when I just wanted one for $15 :P
Dain-Ja
quote:
yea. A mountain of molehill worth $92 when I just wanted one for $15 :P

There's a price to exclusivity. The label doesn't owe you anything...
Samination I know he owns the label. I know he can do whatever he wants. I know he could cancel my order if I ever make one.

Anyways. I will ask Luna C personally instead so I can please you 2 moral dicks by keeping myself of this thread. Have I won any brownie points yet, except the one I have in my pants atm?

<--- PS Off-topic. There's a reason why I have Deadpool as avatar :P
Empyreal As far as I know Luna-C plans
1. to sell two of the CDs without the collector's stuff
2. to sell the Jimni Cricket mixe with all remixes via iTunes.
3. to release some of the remixes separately via iTunes.
Luna-C There will be a 4 or 5 track EP with a few of the remixes as an MP3 release - I have said that from the very beginning. And Brisks remix is likely to be on it, but I haven't the final track listing for that yet. It will probably go up in December. So 4 or 5 of the 27 remixes will be available, the rest completely exclusive.

Jimni's mix CD & my Mirror Mix CD will be released separately as well.

I understand if someone doesn't want to spend the $92 - but this was a set done for the fans, not the casual buyer.

I mean, the DVD contains all the samples to all the tracks featured, as well as the midi file for Piano Progression and other tracks etc etc. There are 5 podcasts talking about the music that inspired me and the label....Basically, there are a lot of things that trainspotters and hardcore fans will love more than life itself, and everyone else will not give a shit about lol.

Thats why its a limited edition box set, not a normal release.

Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
Smoogie, what's the importance of the fade out on dougals bonkers 4 mix? Is there a thread about it or something?

It's the second to last track on the mix - he doesn't mix into the final track, he simply fades this one out and starts the last track. Didn't realise it was such a big deal (as it probably isn't.)
MaidenV
quote:
quote:
Smoogie, what's the importance of the fade out on dougals bonkers 4 mix? Is there a thread about it or something?

It's the second to last track on the mix - he doesn't mix into the final track, he simply fades this one out and starts the last track. Didn't realise it was such a big deal (as it probably isn't.)

I think its actually a pretty effective way to end the mix (and because its the 3rd CD, the whole album). If all the tracks leading up to it were the main movie, The Universe would be the song that plays over the credits. Helps that the tune itself has a really great "ending" mood to it.

(Also, I dont have the NEP24 vinyl, but I have a feeling The Universe/You Make Me Free dosent have a DJ friendly intro to it either)
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by MaidenV:
quote:
quote:

I think its actually a pretty effective way to end the mix (and because its the 3rd CD, the whole album). If all the tracks leading up to it were the main movie, The Universe would be the song that plays over the credits. Helps that the tune itself has a really great "ending" mood to it.

(Also, I dont have the NEP24 vinyl, but I have a feeling The Universe/You Make Me Free dosent have a DJ friendly intro to it either)

I have the vinyl, and if I remember correctly, neither of the tracks have particularly DJ friendly intros. I'm not gonna dig it out at the minute just to check though!
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MaidenV:
quote:
quote:

I have the vinyl, and if I remember correctly, neither of the tracks have particularly DJ friendly intros. I'm not gonna dig it out at the minute just to check though!

Curiosity got the better of me, and the vinyl I was thinking of is actually NEP024 - Innovate - You Make Me Free and Talking About Love. Has it a different name?
Captain Triceps Ha, I just Youtubed it and it was your video, MaidenV!

(Apologies to everyone coming here to read about Kniteforce 20th Anniversary )
MaidenV Yeah on the Bonkers album its called The Universe. For a while, I actually thought it was unreleased until I noticed there was an Innovate release called You Make Me Free, which just so happens to be a prominent lyric from The Universe, so I put 2 and 2 together.

Also hahaha nice one Captain_Triceps! I'm guessing that was mix 12 where I used The Sun Has Set Me Free by Jonno Innovate

(I'm probably not gonna get my Don't Die Wondering box set now for derailing this thread so much )
Craigavon raver
quote:
There will be a 4 or 5 track EP with a few of the remixes as an MP3 release - I have said that from the very beginning. And Brisks remix is likely to be on it, but I haven't the final track listing for that yet. It will probably go up in December. So 4 or 5 of the 27 remixes will be available, the rest completely exclusive.

Jimni's mix CD & my Mirror Mix CD will be released separately as well.

I understand if someone doesn't want to spend the $92 - but this was a set done for the fans, not the casual buyer.

I mean, the DVD contains all the samples to all the tracks featured, as well as the midi file for Piano Progression and other tracks etc etc. There are 5 podcasts talking about the music that inspired me and the label....Basically, there are a lot of things that trainspotters and hardcore fans will love more than life itself, and everyone else will not give a shit about lol.

Thats why its a limited edition box set, not a normal release.

Nice 1! think i'll def be ordering the 2 cds when they come out since i missed out on the boxset
Samination well I'm still disgrunted that I'm not a big fan (or producer, cause what would a regular fan do with MIDI tracks?) enough and being lobed of as a regular buyer. Yea no wonder Hardcore isn't larger than it is.

Anyways. I will still buy the tracks I liked that'll appear on the EP. I am glad that the Brisk track in question will appear on one of them, but one of the other tracks I might've liked wont, and because I didn't drop 92 cents for wishwash I will probably never hear them again.

And just shut up labeling me a troll. Do you think it's fun being called "not a fan" because I didn't want to shell out $92?
Josephson_Junction
quote:
well I'm still disgrunted that I'm not a big fan enough and being lobed of as a regular buyer. Yea no wonder Hardcore isn't larger than it is.

The album isn't exactly aimed at the average buyer. Also, by your logic, other things such as this and Thumpa's limited release albums erode the size of the genre as well. Bear in mind that it is what it is, and people can do what they wish. It's still a contribution to the scene.

quote:
(or producer, cause what would a regular fan do with MIDI tracks?)

Why are you complaining about this? They're there because they could be there. It's a bonus for those who do produce, and possibly those who are considering getting into producing.

quote:
And just shut up labeling me a troll. Do you think it's fun being called "not a fan" because I didn't want to shell out $92?

Admittedly I didn't shell out $92 for it either as my budget is very tight (a decision I'll probably regret in the future!). Nonetheless it is Luna-C's project and you need to respect that; he's doing this for the love of what he's doing. I'm not labeling you as a troll (I used to be in the same frame of mind) but I think you need to be more respectful.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Josephson_Junction:
quote:
well I'm still disgrunted that I'm not a big fan enough and being lobed of as a regular buyer. Yea no wonder Hardcore isn't larger than it is.

The album isn't exactly aimed at the average buyer. Also, by your logic, other things such as this and Thumpa's limited release albums erode the size of the genre as well. Bear in mind that it is what it is, and people can do what they wish. It's still a contribution to the scene.

Thumpa sells only CD's, which makes a bigger difference in costs. But ofcourse, with the less costs Thumpa can press more copies. Also, that memory stick is still for sale.

quote:
quote:
(or producer, cause what would a regular fan do with MIDI tracks?)

Why are you complaining about this? They're there because they could be there. It's a bonus for those who do produce, and possibly those who are considering getting into producing.

Maybe, but not everyone (fan or not) wants to produce.

quote:
quote:

Admittedly I didn't shell out $92 for it either as my budget is very tight (a decision I'll probably regret in the future!). Nonetheless it is Luna-C's project and you need to respect that; he's doing this for the love of what he's doing. I'm not labeling you as a troll (I used to be in the same frame of mind) but I think you need to be more respectful.

Well, atleast you didnt bash my head in :P
Okay okay, so no one really called me a troll (latin was very close though), or bash my head into a wall or something. But even sounding like a big twat I am (smoogie I am looking at you), I AM a fan of Hardcore music (most of the spectrum atleast). I might not have liked Kniteforce as a whole as I never really liked Hardcore from the early 90's (1990-1996), or the more 'breakbeaty' stuff. But f* me that remix CD had actually a fair amount of tracks I liked.
I contribute to the scene by buying the music (I like). I buy try to music from lesser artist and donate to labels.

But I've always hated this exclusiveness crap.

TL;DR? Read this instead...

... And really I didn't try to disrespect Luna-C. He has been in the music scene longer than most. He's a sound guy, who understands why people might pirate (or in what era we live in, but again, some pirates are idiots), and gave out almost all of his label out for free downloads. I'm not really trying to score a hate relation (I already got Thumpa for that :D), but seeing those really heated arguments that appeared on both here and on USH, I always seem to get on the lower end of the stick for being slightly more negative than others. Atleast I don't try to attack people with namedroppings or threats.
Breakbeat Jon I don't see your problem, once in a while it's nice to have an 'exclusive' set of tunes that other people don't have, actually have a nice box set of my favourite labels tunes. It's a load better than releasing some mp3s for your 20th Anniversary and have nothing to show for it.
There's been some compilations with a couple of tunes on i've liked, but most of them were not up my street, so i've just not bought it. I'm sure I can live without those tunes without having a hissy fit about it. There's loads of rare old skool tunes I'd love on vinyl, that cost a fortune. If I can't afford paying 50 for a vinyl I don't. I wouldn't moan about it because i've bought tunes for years and think i'm entitled to buy it cheaper.
There are lot of people who collect Kniteforce and have been loyal to it over the years, I don't see anything wrong with giving something back to those who have supported it that not everyone can get there hands on.
Samination
quote:
I don't see your problem, once in a while it's nice to have an 'exclusive' set of tunes that other people don't have, actually have a nice box set of my favourite labels tunes. It's a load better than releasing some mp3s for your 20th Anniversary and have nothing to show for it.
There's been some compilations with a couple of tunes on i've liked, but most of them were not up my street, so i've just not bought it. I'm sure I can live without those tunes without having a hissy fit about it. There's loads of rare old skool tunes I'd love on vinyl, that cost a fortune. If I can't afford paying 50 for a vinyl I don't. I wouldn't moan about it because i've bought tunes for years and think i'm entitled to buy it cheaper.
There are lot of people who collect Kniteforce and have been loyal to it over the years, I don't see anything wrong with giving something back to those who have supported it that not everyone can get there hands on.

Let's say I could easily have bought 20 of the boxes and still live a month without any greater loss of money. To me it's more about paying for extra stuff I really dont need.

Oh well. I will put it to rest. Luna-C didn't reply to my PM (though he did answer part of my question in his last reply on here), I guess I'll have to wait til the EP's come out... if ever after my posts...
Luna-C I replied to the PM just now - sorry I didn't notice it. I only visit here every so often, and as the site always bumps me out, unless I log in I don't know there is a message to get...
Samination
quote:
I replied to the PM just now - sorry I didn't notice it. I only visit here every so often, and as the site always bumps me out, unless I log in I don't know there is a message to get...

The website used to send a email notifcation when someone send someone a PM. I think the function dissaperaed/got disabled when silver switched hosting a year or 2 ago. Anyways, I will read your message and keep my posting away from this thread, unless I find something on topic to post about for once :P
Craigavon raver Does anyone know the release date for the 2 cds separtley?
latininxtc separately? isn't it all coming at the same time to people who purchased them already???
Righteous9
quote:
separately? isn't it all coming at the same time to people who purchased them already???

Yeah, its a Boxed Set..., 20/20 Project..., Subscribe to the Newsletter..., best way to know what's happening at Kniteforce!
arpz Chris did state that there would be digital versions of the two mix cds available, so I guess you can get them that way, I think he said it would be a couple of months after the boxes were sent out.
Righteous9 Still, I would Subscribe to the Newsletter... =)
Craigavon raver
quote:
separately? isn't it all coming at the same time to people who purchased them already???

Yeh the boxset, but he said he would release his mirror mix cd and jimni crickets mix of the remixes separtely at some stage
Breakbeat Jon Got mine this morning, have to say Jimnis mix is the nuts.
latininxtc
quote:
Got mine this morning, have to say Jimnis mix is the nuts.

Boo! He should've sent the US ones out before you all! I'll probably get mine tomorrow or maybe saturday.
djDMS Ooh, that means my box set and t-shirt won't be far away!
arpz I ordered the two CD set 'how it used to be' and 'how it ought to be' so I'm late to ship. Cannot wait. very excited, it must be soon :D
Captain Triceps Mine's arrived, but as I didn't have enough on the day, my father kindly ordered it for me. Unfortunately this means my box set is at my parents house.
He said last night I can wait til next month (21st of!!) for my birthday, then I can have it! Luckily this was in jest or there might have been murders.
djDMS Got mine from the post office this morning. Only had time for a quick rummage in the box before work but needless to say, the whole thing looks ridiculous. In fact, i feel bad for wanting to touch it, never mind use it!

The amount of effort Chris has put into producing such a brilliant collection of items is astounding - and won't be forgotten for a long, long time.
jimnicricket http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/396642_10151339743005362_521580762_n.jpg
yay~ ^_^ *chomp* so happy I got my box set in the mail.
Captain Triceps It's here! =D
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by jimnicricket:
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/396642_10151339743005362_521580762_n.jpg
yay~ ^_^ *chomp* so happy I got my box set in the mail.

Your mix is blinding so far, if you don't mind my say so!
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
In fact, i feel bad for wanting to touch it, never mind use it!

If only you felt that way around the guys at raves, you wouldn't have left jay, rowan and ben so traumatized! :)
latininxtc ERMAHGERD IT CERME!!!!!

Simon I don't trust the Belgique post so when I get home for Christmas, it'll be there waiting along with the CLSM album...It's gonna be a good return home this year for sure!
arpz It's amazing, love it. Ripped and renamed everything now and grabbed all bonus content from the website and it comes in at 7.01GB, Lots and lots of kniteforce ;D
Luna-C I have put the 2 Mix CDs up on the KF store - digital versions will be in December for downloads!

http://www.kniteforcerevolution.com/shop/kfacd26-28-dont-die-wondering-the-mirror-mix-cd-double-pack/
piumaki

Got it today!
Empyreal Good news for all people who have missed the box set (or those who where not interested in the bonus stuff): The full length tracks will be availabe at the major mp3 stores from December 2nd.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/dont-die-wondering-20-years/id737188827
Samination
quote:
Good news for all people who have missed the box set (or those who where not interested in the bonus stuff): The full length tracks will be availabe at the major mp3 stores from December 2nd.

nice to know, was waiting for the bloody tracks :P
Craigavon raver
quote:
Good news for all people who have missed the box set (or those who where not interested in the bonus stuff): The full length tracks will be availabe at the major mp3 stores from December 2nd.

What about the 2 mix cds from the boxset? are they still available
Sc@r
quote:

Out now!!!!! My fav is the six days remix! Been chaining that over 12 months :)
Elipton I want a real version :I
Samination I want a non-crapple version I:

It took 5.16 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page