Radio listeners 159+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Clubland Xtreme Hardcore 9

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
arpz "Clubland Xtreme Hardcore will be out end of January ..

Soon as I have fixed date I will let you know."

so there's that.
arpz Oh yeah, sorry, it was from Breeze's FB page
Smoogie They are on 9 already?
v-act This will be interesting!
_Jay_ I'm expecting a couple of quality vocal anthems in there somewhere.

Trying to remain positive!
wong
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
I'm expecting a couple of quality vocal anthems in there somewhere.

Trying to remain positive!

i wunt get ya hopes up
Triquatra unmixed copy of Darren Styles - Never Forget wouldn't go amiss! :)
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
unmixed copy of Darren Styles - Never Forget wouldn't go amiss! :)

that probably won't come out till next year. brilliant track nonetheless!
Elliott I expect it to be underwhelming but with at least a few bangers here and there, as usual.

The reason I find CXH the most interesting compilation every year is because it's basically a mission statement for hardcore. It says where the genre's been in the last 12 months and, more importantly, where it's going next. Because, let's face it, between them, Hixxy, Styles and Breeze have more say in the general direction of hardcore than every other producer put together.

In terms of quality though, the best top tier compilation in recent years was Summer Madness! by far. That Dougal & Gammer disc was awesome.
Archefluxx I wonder if Breeze will field a far more D&B orientated mix
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
I wonder if Breeze will field a far more D&B orientated mix

depends, if he hasn't changed his taste yet, i doubt it will be anything but dubstep
DJ-Hutchy Styles will play a lot of his own stuff, not a problem in my eyes, I really like his newer stuff. Be good to see what remixes gets done for his mix!

I will also like to see Breeze's direction with the mix, I like his sets BUT... how far will AATW let him go on a "Hardcore" mix. I think he might be able to slip in a couple drumstep & maybe 1 DnB track but most will have to be hardcore orientated, ie with a 4/4 kick etc!!

Saw Hixxy play the other week and was really looking forward to hearing some new tracks, but it was mainly older stuff from 06 onwards but it was a absolute cracking set!

Can't wait to see tracklist ;)
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
I expect it to be underwhelming but with at least a few bangers here and there, as usual.

The reason I find CXH the most interesting compilation every year is because it's basically a mission statement for hardcore. It says where the genre's been in the last 12 months and, more importantly, where it's going next. Because, let's face it, between them, Hixxy, Styles and Breeze have more say in the general direction of hardcore than every other producer put together.

In terms of quality though, the best top tier compilation in recent years was Summer Madness! by far. That Dougal & Gammer disc was awesome.

Finally, somebody else really liked Summer Madness aswell as me! It really wasn't liked on here for some reason. Anyway CXH9 has got to be better than 8, by far and away the worse release in the series. Hope its more like 7, by far and away the best in the series.
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by The Doc:
Finally, somebody else really liked Summer Madness aswell as me! It really wasn't liked on here for some reason.

I liked it a lot as well chaps!
Elliott
quote:
quote:
I expect it to be underwhelming but with at least a few bangers here and there, as usual.

Finally, somebody else really liked Summer Madness aswell as me! It really wasn't liked on here for some reason. Anyway CXH9 has got to be better than 8, by far and away the worse release in the series. Hope its more like 7, by far and away the best in the series.

Woah, really? I thought most people would've liked it. It raped that year's CXH for sure, and the one before. :D
Gisbo i hope CXH9 isnt as irritating as number 8 as much as i respect Modulate as a artist i don't believe in a album being raped by him although it is a acheivement but best of both is what is needed here!
lurker STILL won't be worse than number 5.
warped_candykid I enjoyed Summer Madness but thought Gammer & Dougal did a crap job mixing their disc; most of the tracks didn't even feature an outro/intro transition. I stopped getting the Clubland Albums after vol.5. I don't think the albums capture "the sound" of Hardcore. They capture only the Styles, Breeze, and Hixxy sound; there are still a whole other side of Hardcore that the Hardcore Underground peeps showcase on their albums.
rafferty I did'nt even know it was comming out. Curious to which direction it will take. I think it will be more uplifting than last time. Probably take on alot more influence from the big room house sound as clubland Cds seem to follow alot with what is going on in the large scale dance scene.
Quicksilver I think CXH3 was the worst one, that CXH7 was a step in the right direction (5-6 were so-so, 4 my fave) but CXH8 was a step back again. Curious to see what 9 brings...
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
I think CXH3 was the worst one

Agree.

quote:
that CXH7 was a step in the right direction

Agree.

quote:
5-6 were so-so

Agree.

quote:
4 my fave

Agree.

quote:
but CXH8 was a step back again

Agree.

quote:
Curious to see what 9 brings...

Agree.

quote:
What you doing tomorrow night, we should hook up!

Agree.
Quicksilver

I was wondering when we would finally hook up.
_Jay_ Was only a matter of time.
tru bass
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
They are on 9 already?

My thoughts exactly.

Fire Shadow wasn't kidding when he said I hadn't missed much.

Does Hixxy still have a 'bonus' disc?
Captain Triceps I'd expect the Hixxy disk will feature..
I hope it's not 3 CDs of relentless electro stuff with soft kicks and bland, minimal drops. I don't hate it as much as some but it's not extreme, or hard, just a little faster. A significant part of the scene, but there is more to it then that.

Personally I'd like tougher kicks and bouncier music and breakbeats (yeah, I'm one of the older guys!) Wishing for a return of breakbeats, etc. is pretty much a lost cause, but I'd like to hear some actual rave music on there. Sure, it's a step back from the polished sound the big guns are firing out at the minute, but it's what I'd certainly like to hear more of.

Before anyone says, I know this stuff is readily available elsewhere, I'd just appreciate one of the more well known and commercial series to represent this music a bit better. Not (probably) the least 'Xtreme' form of hardcore we've had in years and nothing else.

As much as I'd love to see Bonkers return, I doubt it would be amazing and something to really look forward to like it once was (well, nothing really is now, but you know...)

Long like Hardcore Underground, I say.
The drunken scotsman Surely it can't be worse than the last one. Was predominantly full of shite with the odd anthem dotted about it, but because I got that fed up listening to the same repetitive noises and farting sounds I missed the majority of them. I'd then hear these anthems at a rave or on a set recording and be amazed to find that it was on clubland.

This year has been pretty good imo and the music seems to be going in the right direction again so I'm expecting it to be good. And it will be as long as they get the balance right because they got it horribly wrong last time round.

Quicksilver It's a shame about CXH8. 3/4 of it was full of same-sounding bass/minimal drops but if you managed to shift through it all, you'd see it had some absolute smashers like I'm Sorry, Feel Alive, Fallin' From the Sky, Sora Blue and Hardcore til I Die (except for that terrible shriek) on CD3, Right by Your Side (Gammer Remix) and Bright Like the Sun on CD1 and Crack It Smack It and For a Lifetime on CD2, with actual melodies and uplifting riffs.
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
I'd expect the Hixxy disk will feature..
I hope it's not 3 CDs of relentless electro stuff with soft kicks and bland, minimal drops. I don't hate it as much as some but it's not extreme, or hard, just a little faster. A significant part of the scene, but there is more to it then that.

Personally I'd like tougher kicks and bouncier music and breakbeats (yeah, I'm one of the older guys!) Wishing for a return of breakbeats, etc. is pretty much a lost cause, but I'd like to hear some actual rave music on there. Sure, it's a step back from the polished sound the big guns are firing out at the minute, but it's what I'd certainly like to hear more of.

Before anyone says, I know this stuff is readily available elsewhere, I'd just appreciate one of the more well known and commercial series to represent this music a bit better. Not (probably) the least 'Xtreme' form of hardcore we've had in years and nothing else.

As much as I'd love to see Bonkers return, I doubt it would be amazing and something to really look forward to like it once was (well, nothing really is now, but you know...)

I'd like to see such a big cd release that doesn't have "...remix" by every track name. Would it really hurt the big guns to release some original work on these albums?
lurker
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I'd like to see such a big cd release that doesn't have "...remix" by every track name. Would it really hurt the big guns to release some original work on these albums?

Original tracks on CLXH8 per CD:
Darren Styles: 11/19
Breeze: 16/20 (I'm including the VIP mix in this)
Re-con/Hixxy: 18/19

Compared to, let's see, the first one:
Darren Styles: 6/17
Breeze: 5/18
Hixxy: 5/16
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by lurker:
quote:

Yes but all those original tracks were horrendous dub core and i'd rather have the old pop remixes a hundred times over that shite that doesn't even have the right to be called hardcore. Not that i'm a fan of the pop remixes because a lot of them are horrible but atleast i could stand having them as part of the collection which is now incomplete due to not being able to buy the cxh8 monstrosity. (I cannot bring myself to pay for such drivel).
Quicksilver
quote:
quote:

Did you include the bootlegs/remixes that haven't been credited as a remix? For example, Remand (I'm guessing Re-con & Demand) - Something's Gotta Hold On Me is a remix of Flo Rida - Good Feelin.
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
I'd expect the Hixxy disk will feature..

It would already be an improvement if all those remixes weren't of pop songs.
lurker
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Yes but all those original tracks were horrendous dub core and i'd rather have the old pop remixes a hundred times over that shite that doesn't even have the right to be called hardcore. Not that i'm a fan of the pop remixes because a lot of them are horrible but atleast i could stand having them as part of the collection which is now incomplete due to not being able to buy the cxh8 monstrosity. (I cannot bring myself to pay for such drivel).

You're kinda weird.

quote:
Did you include the bootlegs/remixes that haven't been credited as a remix? For example, Remand (I'm guessing Re-con & Demand) - Something's Gotta Hold On Me is a remix of Flo Rida - Good Feelin.

Honestly, I didn't really pay attention to that. That can't affect THAT many tracks, though.
warped_candykid BUMP

Any more news on this release?
Quicksilver Yes, it will shortly be released under the name Clubland X-Treme Dubstep.
warped_candykid
quote:
Yes, it will shortly be released under the name Clubland X-Treme Dubstep.

Girl, you best be better joking! Don't make me have to gonna tear a tire horse off in your grill!
Samination
quote:
quote:

Girl, you best be better joking! Don't make me have to gonna tear a tire horse off in your grill!

Too bad it's true thou.
Vladel
quote:

Crikey man you can't go around saying stuff like that!!!!

Aren't you worried that Gammer might come around and punch you?
Quicksilver Uh-oh.

Gammer's gonna call me a h8r. :(
MaidenV https://twitter.com/djgammer/status/286916990059282433

Gammer announces he's doing a mix for this.

Presuming they allow him to do his usual style for said mix, I'm pretty hype for this.
wong hopefully he doesn't do his usual style and mixes properly
MaidenV Yeah mixes done intro to outro in Ableton are so interesting to listen to.

Y'know, since its Clubland, why not keep things as bland as possible.
wong yeah man you said it , safe
MaidenV Ok now, to some extent I do see what you're saying (and really, it would be nice to have a 4 minute version of Nostalgia I could listen to in the car at a reasonable volume) but this new, quirky style of mixing of his is one of the few things in Clubland-acceptable hardcore that I really get behind 99%.

Its like even if the tunes are crappy you can at least go "whoa that transition was cool, I wanna try that!".
wong well he said on twitter that his mix will reflect his normal set's . so looks like you win anyway. bitch
Quicksilver I don't like the 30-60 seconds clips la Gammer's mixing. I went crazy listening to most of his Low budget mix CD cause once you got into the tunes, another tune got mixed it. It just made me frustrated. Might be fine for a live crowd but not for sitting at home listening. :(
djDMS I love listening to mixes crammed full of tunes and tricks, but then again i buy the full tracks too. I can understand how people who just buy albums would be against it.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I love listening to mixes crammed full of tunes and tricks, but then again i buy the full tracks too. I can understand how people who just buy albums would be against it.

Pretty much the same way as well. I used to complain when the whole trend of 24+ tracks in a mix, but then I realized the whole point of a mix cd is to appreciate it as a whole and not focus on the individual track.

Back when tracks were released vinyl-only it made sense to have less tracks that were played longer because it would be easier for a non-dj to appreciate the tracks that weren't readily available. If you want longer versions of the songs then buy them and make your own damn cd.

I personally think it's great to have Gammer on the compilation. The series has gone stale for a long time and even though the last cd was a bit better than the previous, it was still one pretty bland album. The question now is, who's been dropped, or has the album now turned into a 4-disc album?
MaidenV I wouldnt be suprised if it was Hixxy who was dropped, since I'm pretty sure his HTID label hasnt had a release since the last Clubland.

Meanwhile, Darren Styles and Breeze have loads of forthcoming material.
warped_candykid I hate the "mixing" on the Clubland Hardcore cds; mainly because there isn't any. I love to hear tricks in a mix, and I also like to hear a good 1:00-1:30 transitions. DJ Hixxy's mix on Bonkers 8 is a good example. I also love how Hixxy indexed that particular mix.
rafferty
quote:
I don't like the 30-60 seconds clips la Gammer's mixing. I went crazy listening to most of his Low budget mix CD cause once you got into the tunes, another tune got mixed it. It just made me frustrated. Might be fine for a live crowd but not for sitting at home listening. :(

Totally agree with you there I hate mixing that is constantly too short to appreciate the whole tune. Like that lowbudget Gammer dj set I just couldn't enjoy even though it was free.
I do like trickery and stuff though, I prefer the way Joey Riot does trick mixing compared to Gammer.

I am excited to hear the next Clubland Extreme Hardcore though. A lot of my favourite producers have been supported on the previous compilations. Guys like Mob, Alex Prospect, Recon, Demand, Petruccio, Modulate, Klubfiller and Squade.
Samination
quote:
I hate the "mixing" on the Clubland Hardcore cds; mainly because there isn't any. I love to hear tricks in a mix, and I also like to hear a good 1:00-1:30 transitions. DJ Hixxy's mix on Bonkers 8 is a good example. I also love how Hixxy indexed that particular mix.

so you love my mixing then? :)

Actually, I'm right in the middle. I do like transitions, but I've kinda started to dislike them if they sound like a breakdown inbetween each track (it's enough that most tracks themselfs "calms down" after the intro).
HollowRipper
quote:
I don't like the 30-60 seconds clips la Gammer's mixing. I went crazy listening to most of his Low budget mix CD cause once you got into the tunes, another tune got mixed it. It just made me frustrated. Might be fine for a live crowd but not for sitting at home listening. :(

Completely opposite for me. I love listening to gammer at home or in the car, but at a rave he's the worst! Mixes in a wicked track, start getting into it then he slams something else in. It's pretty infuriating!

The guy is one of the most technically gifted dj's in all of dance music in my opinion, but i still walk out the room when he comes on.

I have to say though, when dougal and gammer play back to back. Incredible!

Also, it's gonna be Styles, Breeze, Hixxy and Gammer. So either 4 cd's or one will be b2b maybe? Least they're changing it up though!
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by MaidenV:
https://twitter.com/djgammer/status/286916990059282433

Gammer announces he's doing a mix for this.

Presuming they allow him to do his usual style for said mix, I'm pretty hype for this.

Well then they have just literally made it extreme hardcore dubstep. If i was on twitter i would comment that surely the next one was clubland extreme hardcore 8 because that last album was not hardcore.

MaidenV
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
If i was on twitter i would comment that surely the next one was clubland extreme hardcore 8 because that last album was not hardcore.

don_simon3000 hm.. remembering clubland xtreme hardcore 5 was good, 6 not so, 7 was very good, 8 not so, i think we are in for a good one again (i hope)
Dys7
quote:
I love listening to mixes crammed full of tunes and tricks, but then again i buy the full tracks too. I can understand how people who just buy albums would be against it.

Problem for me is on CDs like HU5, when they mix so fast, so, so so many of the tracks are unreleased, like DJ Brisk's I'm Not An Addict, Al Storms Poltergeist (BS it was released, they ruined the TID version), etc.
Quicksilver From Breeze's FB:

Release Date for Clubland Xtreme Hardcore 9

Feb 4th 2013

Featuring

Darren Styles - Official Page
Mark Breeze
Hixxy
Gammer aka Matt Lee - Official Page

3 CD's

CD / DIgital.
warped_candykid
quote:
From Breeze's FB:

Release Date for Clubland Xtreme Hardcore 9

Feb 4th 2013

Featuring

Darren Styles - Official Page
Mark Breeze
Hixxy
Gammer aka Matt Lee - Official Page

3 CD's

CD / DIgital.

4 DJs, 3 cds...who's sharing a disc?
Quicksilver Probably Styles & Breeze!
DJ-Hutchy Should have been 4 discs! I know S&B are similar but there live sets aint apart from 3 or 4 tracks!!
latininxtc I would be really surprised if one of them is a styles and breeze cd. Breeze has been taking a totally different direction than Styles as of late, as apparent in the last CXH cd and many of his live sets, including HTID.

It's more believable to see a Styles and Hixxy collab, or even a Styles and Gammer collab.
_Jay_ Yeah, I agree with Stevo. What he's suggesting sounds more likely, style-wise.
The drunken scotsman A styles and breeze b2b would of made more sense when they first started doing these albums but not so much these days, although i think it is the only realistic possibility. Gammer will definitely have his own cd, hixxy and styles is a possibility but that means breeze gets a whole cd to himself which, lets be honest would probably be shite. Hixxy and breeze would at least be original but just can't see it happening.
latininxtc There's no indication of Breeze working with anyone from his posts. And I think at this point he would mention something of it.

Maybe there is another option that two djs will be sharing a disc, but not a mix. Similar to what was done for the first CD in Hardcore Nation: Next Generation. There were five djs with 3 separate mixes on one cd: Joey Riot & Kurt, Al Storm all his own, and Al Twisted & DJ JFX as the third mix on that cd. I can see Gammer being part of half a cd, but curious as to who of the other 3 would be willing to do that.
warped_candykid I can see Styles & Hixxy pairing up with Breeze & Gammer having their own discs. I could also see Hixxy & Gammer pairing up. Either way, I see Breeze having his own disc.
MaidenV Breeze will surely get his own disc, there's no way his ego would allow anything less (and to be fair, he has a large amount of material to showcase).

I could see Gammer and Hixxy sharing a CD. Gammer would have no problem fitting ~18 tracks in 30 minutes. See: http://soundcloud.com/djgammer/residencyguestmix (hell, I could see this being THE mix)

Hixxy though...got me. I have no idea what he has to draw upon for tracks unless he has a ton of material he just hasnt been showing us. Probably a lot of Re-Con.
Dys7 I wonder how much amusement Breeze and the like are getting by listening to us prattle on about who will mix the CDs when he already knows :)
MaidenV Meh. Every fandom speculates about forthcoming material; it's part of the fun. Video games, movies, sports, TV shows, you name it.
Dys7 Not saying it's a bad thing in any way, just thought it's probably amusing for them.
Captain Triceps Perhaps Hixxy will be another 'best of' mix? Maybe old skool/happy hardcore (yeah, not likely I know, but still...)

I can't see Gammer and Hixxy sharing a disc either for some reason. Do we know for certain that there are only 3 discs, or have I skimmed over that bit?
DJ-Hutchy I think a Styles & Gammer cd would be pretty realistic, they have teamed up on a couple tracks which have turned out to be really great tracks, so it could happen.

Hixxy teamed up with Re-con on the last installment which was the "H.T.I.D" disc so maybe he could team up with Gammer & keep his cd as an ongoing parntership mix.

Or because of Hixxy teaming up on the last cd, it could be Styles turn this year & Breeze to team up with someone next year ie. Modulate.

Just ideas!!
Captain Triceps From what Gammer was saying about his mix being a reflection of his live sets, I can't see it working properly if he was back to back with someone like Hixxy. I just imagine the mix being all over the place, quick choppy mixes one minute then intro to outro the next. Could work I guess if it was live but I'd have thought a showcase mix like this would not be done that way. Unless Hixxy goes back to his 97/98 style of mixing of course but I doubt that will happen.
Samination
quote:
From what Gammer was saying about his mix being a reflection of his live sets, I can't see it working properly if he was back to back with someone like Hixxy. I just imagine the mix being all over the place, quick choppy mixes one minute then intro to outro the next. Could work I guess if it was live but I'd have thought a showcase mix like this would not be done that way. Unless Hixxy goes back to his 97/98 style of mixing of course but I doubt that will happen.

well it could get him off some pounds :P
Beeferchiefer
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
From what Gammer was saying about his mix being a reflection of his live sets, I can't see it working properly if he was back to back with someone like Hixxy. I just imagine the mix being all over the place, quick choppy mixes one minute then intro to outro the next. Could work I guess if it was live but I'd have thought a showcase mix like this would not be done that way. Unless Hixxy goes back to his 97/98 style of mixing of course but I doubt that will happen.

well it could get him off some pounds :P

Whoopah!
djDMS Don't give a shit who mixes it, some decent tunes would do me.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Don't give a shit who mixes it, some decent tunes would do me.

Think we'l all be pleasantly surprised by this one. Some of the tunes getting played at raves just now are amazing. A lot of producers seem to have got over the dub core phase and are now back doing what they do best albeit with a slight dubsteppy influence which imo is fine. Can't wait for this one. Look out for new Darren styles and Michael scout tune - forever. Styles has been playing this for a good few months now and it's getting a big reaction at the raves.
warped_candykid Howcome Juno never posted the clips for Vol.8?
latininxtc
quote:
Howcome Juno never posted the clips for Vol.8?

How the hell do we know? E-mail them lol
_Jay_
quote:
Don't give a shit who mixes it, some decent tunes would do me.

lol, a-men to that brother!

quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Howcome Juno never posted the clips for Vol.8?

How the hell do we know? E-mail them lol

LOL.
DJ-Hutchy Just been told its 4 mixes over 3 disc's. So sorted!!!
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-Hutchy:
Just been told its 4 mixes over 3 disc's. So sorted!!!

Source??;-)
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-Hutchy:
Just been told its 4 mixes over 3 disc's. So sorted!!!

Source??;-)

his bum
DJ-Hutchy Source - From people I trust enough to make a comment on it!! lol

Yes Samination my bum :P
wong clubland posted it on twitter, that's the source
DJ-Hutchy Actually that wasn't my source but that confirms it aswell!
wong i saw it this morning it was re-tweeted by gammer i think, or it could of been styles
The Doc I've seen the album cover, how do I put it onto this post?

Dys7
quote:
I've seen the album cover, how do I put it onto this post?

With your bum.

No but seriously,
[ img]HTTP://picurl.com[/img ]

Sans spaces
latininxtc here you go you skanks

http://instagram.com/p/UOo7b_Pq3p/

Samination ah yes, we all love those botux filled lips... ugh i hate em
Dys7 Ok, being honest.

EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!

She looks like something from one of those "plastic surgery gone wrong" videos.
The owl is just plain creepy. Gas mask man too. :/ really dropped the ball. Its all over the place. I don't like it.
Samination the gasmask made me thing dubstep.
djDMS Only interested in the tracklist, the picture on the cover could be a picture of Jay rimming Michael Jackson's corpse for all i care.
Kebab Head don't know if this has been mentioned or spotted but how can u have 3 add and 4 mixes as it says on the cover?
brenergy
quote:
Originally posted by Kebab Head:
don't know if this has been mentioned or spotted but how can u have 3 add and 4 mixes as it says on the cover?

easiest answer: Hardcore Nation: Next Generation (3 mini-mixes on the first CD)
latininxtc
quote:
Only interested in the tracklist, the picture on the cover could be a picture of Jay rimming Michael Jackson's corpse for all i care.

You know they would never use a screenshot from that actual video on the cover. It's not of high quality ;)
wong
quote:
Originally posted by brenergy:
quote:
don't know if this has been mentioned or spotted but how can u have 3 add and 4 mixes as it says on the cover?

and it was horrible
Kebab Head
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:
quote:

and it was horrible

hixxy has just confirmed on twitter that it's him and gammer on the same CD

latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

and it was horrible

Says you. I liked it a lot and so did many others on here.

Hixxy and Gammer on 2 CDs was really the only plausible combo. Darren Styles and Breeze have enough of their own material to showcase a full CD. I wonder if it was easy to get Hixxy to let go of a full CD on his own or he fought to keep it all his own.
wong
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

and it was horrible

Says you. I liked it a lot and so did many others on here.

well i didn't and thats my opinion
_Jay_
quote:
quote:
Only interested in the tracklist, the picture on the cover could be a picture of Jay rimming Michael Jackson's corpse for all i care.

You know they would never use a screenshot from that actual video on the cover. It's not of high quality ;)

LOL.

Rimming MJ would be a fcuking delight compared to how I'm feeling right now. God so mashed last night. My mate threw up on my hand. Ended up in a gay club. Probably my idea. Tongued an ugly milf.
Quicksilver Hahaha, look at her lips.

Does AATW hire crackwhores for their cover "models"?
djDMS
quote:
quote:
quote:

LOL.

Rimming MJ would be a fcuking delight compared to how I'm feeling right now. God so mashed last night. My mate threw up on my hand. Ended up in a gay club. Probably my idea. Tongued an ugly milf.

Pretty standard night then mate?
_Jay_ lol, even for me this was a bit of an undignified effort.

MAtRiCks glorious. the covers get sketchier and sketchier!

tl plz!
Josephson_Junction It's like a bomb went off in a building that housed both a graphic design studio and a brothel.
Captain Triceps It's not the best one of the series, to say the least.
But it's by no means the most important thing of course, let the musi do the talking. not holding my breath as I'm often disappointed these days with this music but I might be pleasantly surprised. Shame Gammer doesn't have a full CD of his own though, surely it couldn't have been that much of a hassle.
The Doc Release date Mon 4th February by the looks of things!
walla13 https://soundcloud.com/t2kazuya
track of brezze mix also a picture of the clubland 9 cover track sounds very good
VampyVicious needs to be called Clubland X-Treme Electrocore/Dubcore lol
ahhh the evolution of hardcore.
_Jay_ Edit: I should probably mention that I didn't do this myself, lol. Gammer just posted it.

HARRIBO brilliant cover!

really hope the tunes on this will be better no 8 was probably the worst hardcore alb ive ever heard
latininxtc That pic is too funny lol

Clearly this is in response to this thread right here. It's pretty obvious he keeps a close eye on this site now.

Well personally I can't wait to hear the previews of the album. Gammer will definitely bring in a lot of much needed attention to the compilation. I am definitely considering buying this during the launch date, something i haven't done since the 4th one came out. I'll ebay the other 5 I'm missing eventually.
_Jay_
quote:
That pic is too funny lol

Clearly this is in response to this thread right here. It's pretty obvious he keeps a close eye on this site now.

It could be, but I think it's probably aimed at the people that commented on the actual artwork that he posted yesterday.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
That pic is too funny lol

It could be, but I think it's probably aimed at the people that commented on the actual artwork that he posted yesterday.

On this site or another? I'm checking out his twitter and I don't see anything that would have led to this 'updated' pic lol
_Jay_ Here you go dude. Fair bit of negativity here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151267760783143&set=a.174896073142.123389.71647918142&type=1&theater
HARRIBO seems to be this sort of thing going on constantly at the mo on fb or twitter plenty of stuff like this floating around
Bonkers4Life lol its funny cuz he's making fun of everyone who disagrees with him.

But in reality, all of that is true.
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by Bonkers4Life:
lol its funny cuz he's making fun of everyone who disagrees with him.

But in reality, all of that is true.

I guess no harm in laughing at yourself. I'm a bit disappointed recon won't be on. I think they should make all their discs back to back djs. Breeze n Styles, Dougal n Gammer, Hixxy n Recon. Would have been a great lineup like that. I just hope there is more evolution in the sound. I hate hardcore that sounds like the same old formula of the past with 2000s style trance strings and lame vocals.
Vladel I hope this one ends the series because like Breeze said last year, they are contracted to do 9. For me #7 was the best ever of the series and #8 went so very horribly wrong and with these same guys on it i hope it does terribly and it gets the horse with a broken leg treatment and put out of everyone's misery.
rafferty I don't think it will stop at 9 just because the contract has finished. Is still the highest selling UK Hardcore CD by a mile.
Probably promotion would help a lot too though. I know Hardcore Underground still sells very well.

I think 7 and 8 have been a great transition period for Clubland Extreme Hardcore CDs.

You have Hardcore underground that release discs with djs like Storm and Technikore on last HU CD that sound exactly like the old Clubland Extreme Hardcore.
WHATS THE POINT ON HAVING TWO DIFFERENT ALBUMS THAT HAVE THE SAME SOUND?

Hardcore Underground cater for the traditionalists that love the 2000's sound as well some wicked break beat Hardcore while Clubland Extreme Hardcore caters for the new style Hardcore sound.

Personally Clubland Extreme Hardcore has probably gotten more credibility from the dance scene in general by changing. They were doing remixes of Katie Perrys I kissed a girl and other shit pop songs on their older releases which I would hardly call good Hardcore.

At least they are taking influences from guys with a bit more credibility these days from House djs Like Swedish House Mafia, Avicii, Tiesto.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
I don't think it will stop at 9 just because the contract has finished. Is still the highest selling UK Hardcore CD by a mile.
Probably promotion would help a lot too though. I know Hardcore Underground still sells very well.

I think 7 and 8 have been a great transition period for Clubland Extreme Hardcore CDs.

You have Hardcore underground that release discs with djs like Storm and Technikore on last HU CD that sound exactly like the old Clubland Extreme Hardcore.

Hardcore Underground cater for the traditionalists that love the 2000's sound and Clubland Extreme Hardcore caters for the new style Hardcore sound.

Personally Clubland Extreme Hardcore has probably gotten more credibility from the dance scene in general by changing. They were doing remixes of Katie Perrys I kissed a girl and other shit pop songs on their older releases which I would hardly call good Hardcore.

At least they are taking influences from guys with a bit more credibility these days from House djs Like Swedish House Mafia, Avicii, Tiesto.

If that's true, then I guess HU tries to cater for the ones who liked the previous sound
rafferty Yeah I just think a lot people want Clubland Extreme Hardcore to sound like Hardcore Underground. Which would make no sense in such a small market like the Hardcore scene. Both have their merits and individual sounds.
Actually Hardcore Underground and Clubland Extreme Hardcore are the only dj mixed series cds I will buy.

Just look at the current trackitdown charts, the top 6 tracks are nearly all producers that are commonly heard on the newer Clubland Extreme Hardcore CDs and are House/Dubstep/Electro influenced apart from fires in the skys. So there must be a market for what they are doing.

trackitdown Hardcore Charts as of 11/01/2013

1) Breeze & Modulate ft Marie Louise - Wait Up
2) Andy Whitby & Klubfiller - Trouble
3) Gammer & Whizzkid - We killed the rave
4) Dougal and Gammer - Fires in the Skys
5) Petruccio ft Xocoa - Show you how
6) Alex Prospect (Gammer and Prospect remix) - Like it loud
7) Hoodzie - Hey
Samination HU has never (imo) sounded like the stuff that came out in first half of 2000. I think CDJay's other/older label, RFU Recordingz would fit that sound more... if that RFUCD002 would ever come :P
DJ-Hutchy Really can't wait for this album to be released, I think it will be really, really great & have a lot of brand new material that ain't been dropped at a big rave yet.
I also think that the series won't end as it is clearly the only cd that truly represents what hardcore sounds like atm & hopefully Hixxys mix will feature some of Re-con's new tracks that are supposed to be amazing!!!

Roll on 4th Feb :)
_Jay_
quote:
HU has never (imo) sounded like the stuff that came out in first half of 2000. I think CDJay's other/older label, RFU Recordingz would fit that sound more... if that RFUCD002 would ever come :P

Yeah, I have to agree with Jacek here. If anything, I always viewed Hardcore Underground as an alternative to the Clubland sound/Clubland albums.
latininxtc
quote:
I don't think it will stop at 9 just because the contract has finished. Is still the highest selling UK Hardcore CD by a mile.

Hardcore Underground cater for the traditionalists that love the 2000's sound as well some wicked break beat Hardcore while Clubland Extreme Hardcore caters for the new style Hardcore sound.

Your assessment of what Hardcore Underground albums are is pretty stupid and ignorant. Have you even heard any of them? It is not to satisfy the "traditionalists" by making it about the 2000s sound, the whole point of the series at the beginning was to give less recognized djs and styles of hardcore a platform where their sounds can be released to the public. Hence the title Hardcore UNDERGROUND. That is what Jonathan CDJay Goulding has stated. Maybe I'm wording it completely wrong but I think I got the point across.

He has also mentioned on the HU5 topic that the HU series has gained enough popularity that it can't be about the underground hardcore sound anymore, but to cover all areas of hardcore that are around as of that moment. While I consider it the weakest of the 4 cds, the Al Storm/Technikore album did cover that more mainstream side of hardcore very well and imo did not sound anything like old CXH.

Hardcore Underground is the closest it's ever been to what the Bonkers albums were all about, and that is a level the CXH series will NEVER meet.

And I also believe the series will continue after 9, but the DJ lineup might change. The 3 of them are both under contract to do an album, but it's AATW that owns that series and decides how long CXH should keep on going.
Captain Triceps I'm sure Breeze said that they are contracted in sets of 5, so after this there would be another one.
Dys7
quote:

Your assessment of what Hardcore Underground albums are is pretty stupid and ignorant. Have you even heard any of them? It is not to satisfy the "traditionalists" by making it about the 2000s sound, the whole point of the series at the beginning was to give less recognized djs and styles of hardcore a platform where their sounds can be released to the public. Hence the title Hardcore UNDERGROUND. That is what Jonathan CDJay Goulding has stated. Maybe I'm wording it completely wrong but I think I got the point across.

He has also mentioned on the HU5 topic that the HU series has gained enough popularity that it can't be about the underground hardcore sound anymore, but to cover all areas of hardcore that are around as of that moment. While I consider it the weakest of the 4 cds, the Al Storm/Technikore album did cover that more mainstream side of hardcore very well and imo did not sound anything like old CXH.

Hardcore Underground is the closest it's ever been to what the Bonkers albums were all about, and that is a level the CXH series will NEVER meet.

And I also believe the series will continue after 9, but the DJ lineup might change. The 3 of them are both under contract to do an album, but it's AATW that owns that series and decides how long CXH should keep on going.

But that's exactly why. The people who are doing the new stuff are becoming the most popular, while people who are doing 'normal' hardcore are just kinda staying where they are.

And no offense, but isn't almost every signed artist to HU a top tier?
rafferty
quote:
quote:

Of course I've heard the Hardcore Undergrounds, I just said Hardcore Underground and Clubland Extreme Hardcore are the only Hardcore djmix series I buy. But you obviously never read my other post and just made judgement.

You've just pretty much contradicted yourself, you said Hardcore Underground is not about the 2000's sound yet it's the closest thing to the old Bonkers Cds which Clubland Extreme Hardcore will never meet.

Well Bonkers is a CD series that is an older style Hardcore music compilation which was big in the 90's and 2000's. If that isn't basing HU on the traditional Hardcore I don't know what is. So my "assumption" really is not stupid at all. It's correct and more like a fact.

As for Hardcore Underground supporting new artists, I totally agree with you there. But it ONLY supports new artists that make either the 90's or 2000's Hardcore sound.
It NEVER has supported new artists productions which have the Electro/Dubstep/House influenced Hardcore sound.
While there are a couple of Electro edged tunes at the end of Storm and Technikore disc. They are not by new artists, are produced by Storm & Technikore.

There for making HU a CD for the traditionalists. And this is coming from someone that listens to the HU Albums which you said I've apparently never done.

Unless Hardcore Underground has a disc with some of the more upfront sounding guys like Petruccio, Stylus, Mob, Modulate, Klubfiller, Alex Prospect etc. It will always be seen as more of a classic Hardcore complilation release.

rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:

But that's exactly why. The people who are doing the new stuff are becoming the most popular, while people who are doing 'normal' hardcore are just kinda staying where they are.

And no offense, but isn't almost every signed artist to HU a top tier?

Totally agree with you there Dys7, producers that are trying new things instead of trying to sound like Breeze and Styles 7 years ago are the ones that are making traction in the scene.
Actually Darren Styles even said in an interview with Billy Bunter recently that he receives some great demos. But they sound just like is own productions from the past, instead of having their own original sound. So he never signs them or plays them.
Elliott There's no need for orthogonality between CXH and HU. Trying to put them into mutually exclusive categories won't work.

Generally speaking I like both. If you like both, there's no problem, it's all hardcore. If you don't, you're probably gonna try applying labels to both simply so you can use them to explain why you like one and not the other.
rafferty
quote:
There's no need for orthogonality between CXH and HU. Trying to put them into mutually exclusive categories won't work.

Generally speaking I like both. If you like both, there's no problem, it's all hardcore. If you don't, you're probably gonna try applying labels to both simply so you can use them to explain why you like one and not the other.

I'm not sure if you mean me, but I just said I buy HU which I wouldn't buy if I didn't like so you must not mean me lol.
Elliott No, mate, it was just a general comment about the HU comparison. :)
DarrenJ Owls

HARDCOREEEEE
Charger Ok, enough of this clubland x-treme dubjumpcore already, it's time to listen to more J-Core/Breakcore/Nerdcore/Chiptune from Allkore Riot/Psycho Filth albums from now on.
Gisbo
quote:
Edit: I should probably mention that I didn't do this myself, lol. Gammer just posted it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
hahaha epic picture!
DJ Hellfury
quote:
[...]

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/13814_10151268873423143_2022573047_n.jpg

Dys7
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Hellfury:
quote:
[...]

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/13814_10151268873423143_2022573047_n.jpg

Good guy Hellfury: Quotes giant picture, takes off image tag.
DJ D-Luc-D
quote:
Originally posted by Charger:
Ok, enough of this clubland x-treme dubjumpcore already, it's time to listen to more J-Core/Breakcore/Nerdcore/Chiptune from Allkore Riot/Psycho Filth albums from now on.

YES
warped_candykid I just got Vol. 8 in the mail today...There are some good tunes on there, but WHY does every track need the same drum sequence with the heavey 'chuck' sound on the 2s & 4s? That's what killed me most about the Styles & Breeze's mixes. Total lack of imagination and effort.
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:
[...]

Good guy Hellfury: Quotes giant picture, takes off image tag.

just so I can do it again, mwuahhahaa
lurker So the appearance of T2Kazuya on this album automatically makes this, like, 10 times better than the last one.
_Jay_
quote:
So the appearance of T2Kazuya on this album automatically makes this, like, 10 times better than the last one.

He is superb man. Been out a while, but I bought this recently. So uplifting.

T2Kazuya - Please Don't Go.

Dys7 I wonder how he managed to wrangle that.

Great news, either way!
warped_candykid
quote:
quote:
So the appearance of T2Kazuya on this album automatically makes this, like, 10 times better than the last one.

He is superb man. Been out a while, but I bought this recently. So uplifting.

T2Kazuya - Please Don't Go.

Just another male-vocaled lazy track.
lurker
quote:
I wonder how he managed to wrangle that.

Great news, either way!

His remix of Language got a lot of attention, so I guess it came from that. This is the track he got onto the album in question (I wonder if I'm going to regret posting this):
https://soundcloud.com/t2kazuya/t2kazuya-youth
_Jay_
quote:

I think he's been on Breeze's radar for a while. His remix of Breeze vs Unique's Sometimes is apparently forthcoming on FutureWorld (http://soundcloud.com/t2kazuya/sometimes).

_Jay_
quote:
Just another male-vocaled lazy track.

Each to their own, brother. :-) Hits the spot for me though.
Dys7
quote:
quote:

Great news, either way!

His remix of Language got a lot of attention, so I guess it came from that. This is the track he got onto the album in question (I wonder if I'm going to regret posting this):
https://soundcloud.com/t2kazuya/t2kazuya-youth

That is a GREAT track in its own right. Unfortunately I can already envision the scores of people complaining about the drop.
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:

Great news, either way!

http://soundcloud.com/t2kazuya/t2kazuya-youth

That is a GREAT track in its own right. Unfortunately I can already envision the scores of people complaining about the drop.

being signed to futureworld is a dead give away that someone might complain :P

Atleast the drop is somewhat more melodic that others... but yea can't say I am euphoric over the track
DJ Hellfury Both mentioned tracks from him sound either generic, boring or like "i discovered the most annoying pc speaker from 1987"...

...perfect match for Breeze set; no effort in decent melodies / buildups, just another tunes made within one day
Vladel Don't like the track let alone the drop.
cozzter Here is the track listing:)

Disc: 1
1. Never Forget - Darren Styles, Molly
2. F*ck That Shit - Dougal & Gammer
3. Unstoppable - Ayah Marar
4. Concrete Angel - Gareth Emery, Christina Novelli
5. Magnetic Eyes - MATRIX & FUTUREBOUND, Baby Blue
6. Loki's Theme - Steampunk
7. Save Me - Darren Styles
8. The One - Dougal & Gammer, Hannah Faulkner
9. Forever - Darren Styles, Michael Scout, Ste McNally
10. Gyroscope - Re-Con
11. Sober - Darren Styles, Re-Con
12. Paranoia / Find Yourself - Darren Styles & Gammer
13. The Raver - Ayah Marar
14. Late Night - Gammer & Klubfiller
15. Fight - Tyler, Static
16. Don't Give Up - Darren Styles & Dougal
17. Don't Leave Me - Dougal & Gammer
18. Forever Loved - Steampunk
19. Bye Bye - Gammer & Michael Scout

Disc: 2
1. Bitch Slap - Modulate, MC Whizzkid
2. Youth - T2Kazuya
3. Escape - Petruccio & Modulate, Marie Louise
4. Dagger - Modulate
5. Taking Me Over - Mob & Becci
6. Body Scream - Modulate, Marie Louise
7. Won't You (Be There) - Nero
8. Blind Faith - Chase & Status, Liam Bailey
9. Broken Mirror - Fleur & Cutline
10. May Day - Modulate, Static
11. Inception - Breeze & Petruccio
12. Grim Reaper - Rocket Pimp
13. Suffocate - The Prototypes
14. Do You Like Jungle - Jayline
15. What Is Your Desire - Tantrum Desire, I-KAY
16. Don't Hold Back - Breeze & Modulate
17. So Good - Breeze & Modulate, Angie Brown
18. Moving - Modulate
19. Break Out - Tyl3r & Reynolds
20. Lose It - JENN D
21. R3tro - Breeze & Chris Unknown
22. You Got It All - Breeze & Modulate
23. Calling - Magikstar

Disc: 3
1. Rain Stops - Ultrabeat
2. Break The Spell - Da Tweekaz, Oscar
3. Hardcore Mother F*cker - Chris Unknown
4. Deep In The Night - Hixxy
5. Coming Home - Klubfiller
6. Turniup - Hixxy
7. F.T.I.D - Klubfiller, MC Storm
8. Ano Hi Yume - Hixxy
9. Forget Her Name - Mob, Ramos, Protocol
10. Inspiration - Ian Van Dahl
11. Dont Let Me Know - Hixxy, Lucy Westhead
12. Power Of Love 2013 - Hixxy, Re-Con
13. Knight In Shining Armour - Dougal & Gammer
14. Cinema - Benny Benassi, Gary Go
15. Nostalgia - Gammer
16. Im Sorry - Re-Con, Demand, Mandy Edge
17. Xfer/Anybody Else But You (Acapella) - Darren Styles, Dougal & Gammer
18. Wait A Second - Matt Lee
19. Mix Your Sex - Dougal & Gammer
20. Never 2 Late - Clear Vu
21. Promises - Nero
22. Good Life (Bad Day)/Sure Feels Good - Gammer, Ultrabeat, Darren Styles
23. Icarus/Getting Better (Acapella) - U Mad, Ian?, Darren Styles
24. Dibi Dibi Sound - Dougal & Gammer
25. Rope Burn - Stylus, AudioJunkie
26. Aerodynamic/Everytime I hear Your Name - Gomurpls, Dougal & Gammer, Niki Mak
27. Paradise - Ruffage
28. Missing - Petruccio & Modulate, Marie Louise
29. Closer - Gammer, Klubfiller, Mandy Edge
30. Elysium/See The Light (Acapella) - Scott Brown, Paradise
31. Tough Guy/Scream - Celldweller, Gammer & Whizzkid
32. Save Me - Darren Styles
33. We Killed The Rave - Gammer & Whizzkid
MaidenV Wow, apart from the inclusion of Save Me (assuming its two new remixes that aren't very good) the DS and Gammer mixes look suprisingly solid. Like, I'm actually suprised by how many tracks on those two I'm legitimatly hype for.
Samination Wow. Alot of Gammer tracks on that... CD1 has only 19 tracks... someone mixes a (more) normal set? :o
MaidenV Yeah I say good on Darren if it means long-ish version of Never Forget and Late Night.

waaah-oh-oh~♫♫
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by cozzter:

ROWAN - look!! :-) Maybe we can have a Skype-kareoke sesh when we both get it? That'd be nice. Wouldn't it. Yeah.

quote:
16. Don't Give Up - Darren Styles & Dougal

This sounds interesting!

quote:
8. The One - Dougal & Gammer, Hannah Faulkner

This could be really good.

lurker So let me get this straight: Hixxy could only come up with 12 good tracks for his mix, so he decided to give the remaining... let me do the math here... 5 minutes to Gammer? In all seriousness, Gammer doing a legit (half of a) DJ mix for a CD is pretty exciting.
Samination
quote:

skype account, now please!
_Jay_
quote:
quote:

skype account, now please!

lol, I don't actually have Skype man. Just for the purposes of mine and Rowan's running joke!
Triquatra
quote:
quote:

ROWAN - look!! :-) Maybe we can have a Skype-kareoke sesh when we both get it? That'd be nice. Wouldn't it. Yeah.

LOL! indeed, very happy this is on there, looking forward to hearing a full quality version!
Ravechief Totally unsurprised at the fact that the majority of the mixes are made up by tracks from the same artists.

Think I count at least 60% of the tracks across all 4 mixes are from the DJs themselves or closely associated artists. I wonder how much good material was offered and probably not even given in a look in. Sadly totally expected. Meh.
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by Ravechief:
Totally unsurprised at the fact that the majority of the mixes are made up by tracks from the same artists.

Think I count at least 60% of the tracks across all 4 mixes are from the DJs themselves or closely associated artists. I wonder how much good material was offered and probably not even given in a look in. Sadly totally expected. Meh.

...were you expecting something different?
MaidenV
quote:
Totally unsurprised at the fact that the majority of the mixes are made up by tracks from the same artists.

In case you havent noticed, AATW people have no one's interest besides their own on their minds.

Shocking revelation, I know. Almost as shocking as learning Facebook doesn't actually care about your privacy.

(Makes it all the more surprising to see T2Kazuya on there, on BREEZE'S mix no less)
Charger
quote:

8. Ano Hi Yume - Hixxy

The first japanese-themed track title from Hixxy I've seen was Sora Blue, now it's this track. Was Hixxy having a lolita fetish over a JAV while making this track?
MaidenV In regards to Sora Blue, one of the most well known JAV stars is named Sora Aoi

And Aoi means Blue
Bonkers4Life where's the 4th mix?
DJ Hellfury
quote:
Originally posted by Bonkers4Life:
where's the 4th mix?

I guess it starts with Knight In Shining Armour...

btw, the tracklist naming is bad, why <Trackname> - <Artist>? -.-
It's like "York New" instead of "New York"
djDMS Is there a pic of the back cover yet? That tracklist will have just been lifted, as written from one of the stores.
Ravechief
quote:
...were you expecting something different?

quote:
Originally posted by Ravechief
Sadly totally expected.

;)

quote:
Originally posted by MaidenV
In case you havent noticed, AATW people have no one's interest besides their own on their minds.

Shocking revelation, I know. Almost as shocking as learning Facebook doesn't actually care about your privacy.

(Makes it all the more surprising to see T2Kazuya on there, on BREEZE'S mix no less)

I'm fully aware of AATW being a bunch of shitters. As I said none of this surprises me at all.

All I can say is I hope this album totally flops. I don't want to help fund these dinosaurs anymore.
jenks So don't help fund them. Why would you care that other people were? Why would anyone want any music to flop?
wong i hope it does well. i probably wont buy it myself but i still like to see successful hardcore albums out there.
Dys7
quote:
Both mentioned tracks from him sound either generic, boring or like "i discovered the most annoying pc speaker from 1987"...

...perfect match for Breeze set; no effort in decent melodies / buildups, just another tunes made within one day

This is one jab I'll never really get.

When people say "You make something better!", you respond with "I don't have to, I'm not the artist." (Not saying you in particular did)
But then you make your own judgements about how they made the track?
I can promise you, there is effort in that piece. It was not made in one day. I can promise you that. Any song like that, whether or not it sounds good to you, had effort put into it.
Ravechief
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
So don't help fund them. Why would you care that other people were? Why would anyone want any music to flop?

I won't be. Where did I say I cared if other people were?

Why do I want it to flop? I guess I don't really as it's good to see hardcore being 'out there' and more enticing new people in.

I just feel that this big (and I say big in terms in hardcore) album has the chance to showcase lots of new and varied material from a host of talented producers, and judging by the tracklist I'm not seeing this. Personally I'm just disappointed at this fact this is still happening (and no I'm not a producer), but also not at all surprised either.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I'll defend to the death their right to have one. :)
Samination
quote:
quote:
Both mentioned tracks from him sound either generic, boring or like "i discovered the most annoying pc speaker from 1987"...

When people say "You make something better!", you respond with "I don't have to, I'm not the artist." (Not saying you in particular did)
I can promise you, there is effort in that piece. It was not made in one day. I can promise you that. Any song like that, whether or not it sounds good to you, had effort put into it.

Well, you could always say "let's see if you succeed". But then They say you've changed the sound to much so it aint Hardcore anymore :P
DJ Hellfury
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well, you could always say "let's see if you succeed". But then They say you've changed the sound to much so it aint Hardcore anymore :P

Dys7, those tracks were made with some effort, no doubt, but where did it go? and how much did those artists spend on them?

Compare Darwin with T2Kazuya for example. Darwin mostly has tracks with much richer buildups, more complex melodies (sometimes 2 at the same time) and vocals. And now look to T2Kazuya.... "Dubstep -> Dubcore Test Music?". Most effort was spend in the effects channel, not in the tune itself. And thats mostly what Gammer, Breeze, Modulate, T2Kazuya and all the other dudes do today:
They go with a trend which Skrillex and others created a while ago imo (i'm sure some guy will pop up and try to correct me, but since Skrillex poped up and Darren came up with Clubland the scene went downwards with dubcore imo...)

I do respect all genres, when the tunes are well made (i like some of skrillex tunes), but when producers come up with electro effect farts paired with an irregular beat, rehased, boring sounding vocals and one layer melodies i skip such tunes within 5 seconds. It ain't Hardcore then, like samination said.

quote:
I just feel that this big (and I say big in terms in hardcore) album has the chance to showcase lots of new and varied material from a host of talented producers, and judging by the tracklist I'm not seeing this. Personally I'm just disappointed at this fact this is still happening (and no I'm not a producer), but also not at all surprised either.

Well, you only get on such albums when you sound exactly the same as the main producers.

I'm happy that we have Thumpa and CDJay in the scene, they come up with far more original stuff...

Samination they don't come up with the stuff. They only release. I don't know about CDJay, Thumpa has been featured in some tracks, but those track are, in my meaning, crappy fillers. Especially Hawaii. I doesn't add anything but a beat to be honest. Only reason why I kinda like it is because the intro reminds me of Metroid 1 :P
DJ Hellfury
quote:
they don't come up with the stuff. They only release.

They manage to release better stuff (from other producers) compared to the cxh crew imo. and thats what i tried to point out

The drunken scotsman Looks like an excellent track list to me. Darren Styles mix alone will be worth the money. His remix of concrete angel is probably the best tune I've heard in about 5 years. Plus dougal and gammers new one 'the one' also a slammer. Very excited about this, hardcore is back!
The drunken scotsman Also interesting that there is not one tune by Sy in there. Usually get at least a couple of Sy's tunes on clubland
wong probably just a coincidence that
don_simon3000 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFeACOyWQ3Y

fake rite?
brenergy
quote:
Originally posted by don_simon3000:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFeACOyWQ3Y

fake rite?

definitely fake

the song named in the video (Bass Star) doesn't even appear on the tracklist
Warnman
quote:
12. Grim Reaper - Rocket Pimp

Does anyone know if this is the same Grim Reaper as in Space Frog Feat. Grim Reaper - I Feel Your Pain (1997)?
I'd like to post a link to this track, but unfortunately from Germany I don't hace access to it. Anyway it shouldn't be a too unknown track if you were into Trance around that time.
wong the track is called grim reaper, its produced by rocket pimp who i believe is modulate ( could be wrong )

MaidenV
quote:
the track is called grim reaper, its produced by rocket pimp who i believe is modulate ( could be wrong )

Yeah this is right. That tracklisting just uses the dumb <title> - <artist> format.
Project Vee think this sums a fair few ppls views up (no offence aimed at anyone though)

please before anyone kicks off, i know the artists spend alot of time working on tracks there not one day wonders... believe me I know it doesnt take a day... just wish they would listen to the ppl who have supported them over a decade more than AATW

oh an this just sums up things in my eyes!!!

Clubland: What was behind your recent change in direction with your music production.
Breeze: I kind of felt that i had gone as far as I could with the 2005-2011 sound and was pretty tired of the drums and sounds in tracks like 'Tell You A Secret' (Azura Remix).

Someone just remind him he was the remixer not the original artist!!!
wong it is what it is! theres other albums that do come out in other styles to cater everyones needs
The Dopeman i stopped buying them after clxh 4 so i won't be buying this gonna splurge on the call of duty season pass i think much much better than anything else atm
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
i stopped buying them after clxh 4 so i won't be buying this

Yea 4 was the last one. I bought as well. And the last great one imo. Not to say that the others were outright terrible, but some of them were probably, but I feel they never surpassed the quality that the 4th one was.

I still would like to get my hands on the others I don't have, but will definitely pick those up on ebay or I'll wait until I'm in London and pick them up at a resale shop.

I was thinking about getting this one but with everything that HU will be releasing this year they will pretty much be owning my bank account :)
wong i enjoyed vol 7 with the unmixed tracks
Hard2Get
quote:
rocket pimp who i believe is modulate ( could be wrong )

True as far as i know.
Samination And that's Resist Music by the way
Project Vee
quote:
And that's Resist Music by the way

yeah just checked bonkers 17 your right my bad
d2kx Just heard Darren Styles' set from NYE 2012/13 which has a lot of the new tracks included.

Best set I have heard in years.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by d2kx:
Just heard Darren Styles' set from NYE 2012/13 which has a lot of the new tracks included.

Best set I have heard in years.

Agreed, was there that night and was pretty mashed by the time styles came on but remember it being an amazing set. Have had it on repeat since I downloaded it the other week there. Epic set, his clubland mix will be the best he has done in a long time
wong quite intrigued to hear styles' new stuff then with you 2 saying that.
The Doc
quote:
quite intrigued to hear styles' new stuff then with you 2 saying that.

Kutski has played a few on his Radio 1 show lately, and I have to agree there are a few belters from him.
Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by MaidenV:
quote:
the track is called grim reaper, its produced by rocket pimp who i believe is modulate ( could be wrong )

Yeah this is right. That tracklisting just uses the dumb <title> - <artist> format.

Big thanks to bothn of you for clarification! I was just wondering...
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quite intrigued to hear styles' new stuff then with you 2 saying that.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I know quite a lot of tunes on that tracklist and to me it just looks amazing. The difference from this and his last clubland mix will be night and day.
Mentioned it previously but listen out for his remix of concrete angel, his tune with Michael scout - forever, dougal and gammer -the one and dougal and styles - don't give up. All are anthems. Plus there are the tunes most people will already know like never forget, paranoia etc.
Hixxy and gammer mixes look good as well. Haven't looked forward to a clubland cd this much in years.
MaidenV
quote:
Haven't looked forward to a clubland cd this much in years.

Yeah same. I may actually pre-order this one.
d2kx Concrete Angel...

MaidenV
quote:
Concrete Angel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=wWCr4_tb2YM

yeah this is great

also,

quote:
MC Enemy:
I'm sorry, I thought I was in a drum n' bass rave there. It's f*ckin' hardcore! SCREAM LIKE YOU'RE HARDCORE RAVERS!

oh SNAP
Vladel
quote:
Concrete Angel...

I may buy it on the strength of that track alone.
Samination vladel's buying an DS tune? :o
Vladel
quote:
vladel's buying an DS tune? :o

well if you look outside here, you could believe that hell has frozen over!
Beeferchiefer Yeah that tune's too good. Can't wait!
jenks
quote:
Concrete Angel...

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnng.

You know that feeling where you chest inflate and you can't stop smiling and you feel a little mini ecstasy feeling. Great tune.
Samination vladel: so true.

and as usual, the MC is blabbering all over the good parts. Can't we shoot them yet?
_Jay_ Good tune, that.
Elliott
quote:
quote:
Concrete Angel...

You know that feeling where you chest inflate and you can't stop smiling and you feel a little mini ecstasy feeling.

Yeah, I call it coming up
Vladel i've always thought no matter what you think of a producer, you have to applaud a good tune when it comes along and to deny that is only harming yourself :-)
_Jay_ From Breeze's facebook page about an hour ago:

"CXH 9 - URGENT !! (Please Share This)

Due to problems with HMV's administration, the album's release date has to be put back ..

there are major reasons for this,

It needs to be available everywhere, to make it easier for you to purchase, to do this we need to wait as there seems to be a deal being made for HMV, though if that completes in the next week or so, it means we then lose our window of release.

we could go back only a few weeks but as Valentines Day & Mothers Day comes around those times, they wouldn't take stock as they will be flooded with 'love' / 'mum' albums.

so the best possible window to release so we can hit HMV, Tesco, Asda, Morrison's, with out fear of losing shelf space to these other albums, is March 11th after mothers day.

AATW/Universal Music also do not want to risk expensive projects to fail in the current climate.

Apologies for this but as you can imagine its rather beyond our control.

So to be clear the new release date is MARCH 11th 2013"
The Dopeman just saw that on hixxys fb page aswell how is clhx 9 an exspensive project tho lol
DJ-Hutchy I understand but for **** sake, why change the date from xmas over tha last couple years anyway???!!! It was always good to buy it before xmas!!!
Dys7
quote:
just saw that on hixxys fb page aswell how is clhx 9 an exspensive project tho lol

Organizing, mastering, lisencing, artwork, media outlets, manufacturing costs, shipping costs, physical hardware costs, manual labor fees, taxes, off the top of my head.
You don't ship out a few bloody thousand cds and say it's not expensive.
Elliott
quote:
quote:
just saw that on hixxys fb page aswell how is clhx 9 an exspensive project tho lol

Organizing, mastering, lisencing, artwork, media outlets, manufacturing costs, shipping costs, physical hardware costs, manual labor fees, taxes, off the top of my head.

You've probably assumed too much there. Those costs are all implicit. He could've just as easily meant expensive relative to other albums.
The Dopeman
quote:
quote:
quote:

You've probably assumed too much there. Those costs are all implicit. He could've just as easily meant expensive relative to other albums.

i did given how clxh isn't anywhere near as popular as the main clubland albums and other commercial crap
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yea, stuff like that are obligatory to all albums, unless released digitally-only
obey227 Just listened to, Darren Styles & Dougal - Don't give up. Pretty Awesome Tune. His mix is gonna be the best of the 4. Am a bit sad that there isn't gonna be any Sy & Technikore. But at least there's a few tracks from Re-con & Unknown, which is cool. I'm really curious about Hixxy's mix tho, haven't heard anything from him in awhile. His remix of Deep In The Night should be Exciting. Can't wait^^.
Claxton Styles & Re-Con - Sober... Not bad, I like it!

Don't Give Up is decent. I think they went for a Screface effect with that kind of really simple catchy melody. Works really well at a rave.
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by obey227:
Darren Styles & Dougal - Don't Give Up

Got a clip of this dude?
Claxton
quote:
quote:
Darren Styles & Dougal - Don't Give Up

Got a clip of this dude?

http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/68501771/file.html
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:

Nice one old chap. That's nice and catchy. Pretty decent. Still the weird/weak bass/kick issue though. I can tolerate it and still enjoy the tune, though. Just would be nicer a little more full-blooded.
Shades
quote:
quote:

Nice one old chap. That's nice and catchy. Pretty decent. Still the weird/weak bass/kick issue though. I can tolerate it and still enjoy the tune, though. Just would be nicer a little more full-blooded.

you mean put a donk on it? lol

_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Shades:

lol. Just something chunky. Like this, as an example:

Chris Core great tune, great album :)
lurker
quote:
quote:

I think the music was brickwalled for that vid. It sounds awful in that one, and a little weak in this one (but not as weak as everything else in the track):
Shades i just thought......

if this is released in march... will the track list be the same?

it will be 3 months old if not.....
_Jay_ I would think so mate. I would imagine all the CDs have been pressed (is that the right word?!) already.
Hirschi FYI: Darren Styles wrote on his Facebook page that the release is posponed to March.
Chris Core if the cd is postponed, won't it affect the sales of the album? people will have seen the track list then gone away to hear the songs...so by the time the album is released they won't be bothered...
_Jay_ I'm assuming most of the tunes on there aren't really available to "go away and hear".

Chris Core fair enough, if I were them i would've kept the tracklsit closer to their chest...part of the fun is not knowing what will be on the album. One thing i've been thinking about lately in reguards to the clubland x treme hardcore series is, and forgive me if I sound a little stupid here, is how can such a non-mainstream genre of music like hardcore, be backed by such a giant like aatw...if hardcore is popular enough for these guys, there should be more of it on the shelves shouldn't there?
latininxtc
quote:
quote:

yup, that's chunky alright!
_Jay_ lol! Now that's not very nice, is it Steven.
latininxtc
quote:
lol! Now that's not very nice, is it Steven.

oh now no need to get pissy over it I was just kidding of course. I thought it was a bit funny to describe music as chunky really
_Jay_
quote:
quote:
lol! Now that's not very nice, is it Steven.

oh now no need to get pissy over it I was just kidding of course. I thought it was a bit funny to describe music as chunky really

LOL. As if you don't really know me well enough to realise I wasn't being pissy, but tongue-in-cheek sort of thing?
Elliott He's not exactly anorexic though, is he?
_Jay_ lol no, no he's not.
MaidenV

Style's CD is sounding better and better the more I hear of it
The Doc to dot the i's and cross the t's as they say!

Track Listing
Information

Disc 1 1. Never Forget Darren Styles ft Molly
2. F**k That Shit Dougal & Gammer
3. Unstoppable Ayah Marar
4. Concrete Angel Gareth Emery ft Christina Novelli
5. Magnetic Eyes (Darren Styles & Modulate Remix) Matrix & Futurebound
6. Loki's Theme (Re-Con Remix) Steampunk
7. Save Me Darren Styles
8. The One Dougal & Gammer ft Hannah Faulkner
9. Forever Darren Styles & Michael Scout
10. Gyroscope Re-Con
11. Sober Darren Styles & Re-Con
12. Paranoia /Find Yourself Darren Styles & Gammer/John O'Callaghan
13. The Raver (Darren Stles Remix) Ayah Marar
14. Late Night Gammer & Klubfiller
15. Fight Tyler ft Static
16. Don't Give Up Darren Styles & Dougal
17. Don't Leave Me Dougal & Gammer
18. Forever Loved (Re-Con Mix) Steampunk
19. Bye Bye Gammer & Michael Scout

Disc 2 1. Bitch Slap Modulate ft MC Whizzkid
2. Youth T2Kazuya
3. Escape Petruccio & Modulate ft Marie Louise
4. Dagger Modulate
5. Taking Me Over Mob & Becci
6. Body Scream Modulate ft Marie Louise
7. Won't You Be There (Baauer Mix) Nero
8. Blind Faith Chase & Status ft Liam Bailey
9. Broken Mirror (Metrik Remix) Fleur & Cutline
10. May Day Modulate ft Static
11. Inception Breeze & Petruccio
12. Grim Reaper (Skeets Mix) Rocket Pimp
13. Suffocate The Prototypes
14. Do You Like Jungle (Breeze VIP) Jayline
15. What Is Your Desire Tantrum Desire ft I-KAY
16. Don't Hold Back Breeze & Modulate
17. So Good Breeze & Modulate ft Angie Brown
18. Moving Modulate
19. Break Out Tyl3r & Reynolds
20. Lose It (Loadstar Mix) Jenn D
21. R3tro Breeze & Chris Unknown
22. You Got It All Breeze & Modulate
23. Calling (Modulate VIP Mix) Magikstar

Disc 3 1. Rain Stops (Re-Con VS Blood Red Remix) Ultrabeat
2. Break The Spell (Hixxy Remix) Da Tweekaz ft Oscar
3. Hardcore Mother F*cker Chris Unknown
4. Deep In The Night (2013 Remix) Hixxy
5. Coming Home Klubfiller
6. Turniup Hixxy
7. FTID Klubfiller & MC Storm
8. Ano Hi Yume Hixxy
9. Forget Her Name (Hixxy Remix) Mob, Ramos & Protocol
10. Inspiration (Chris Unknown Remix) Ian Van Dahl
11. Dont Let Me Know Hixxy VS Lucy Westhead
12. Power Of Love 2013 Hixxy & Re-Con
13. Knight In Shining Armour Dougal & Gammer ft Hannah Faulker
14. Cinema (Skrillex Remix) Benny Benassi ft Gary Go
15. Nostalgia Gammer
16. I'm Sorry (Gammer & Klubfiller Remix) Re-Con & Demand ft Mandy Edge
17. Xfer/Anybody Else But You Darren Styles/Dougal & Gammer
18. Wait A Second (170 Mix) Matt Lee
19. Mix Your Sex Dougal & Gammer
20. Never 2 Late (Gammer Remix) Clear Vu
21. Promises (Skrillex & Nero Remix) Nero
22. Good Life (Bad Day)/Sure Feels Good Gammer/Ultrabeat & Darren Styles
23. Icarus/Getting Better U Mad, Ian?/Darren Styles
24. Dibi Dibi Sound Dougal & Gammer
25. Rope Burn Stylus & Audiojunkie
26. Aerodynamic/Everytime I hear Your Name Gomurpls/Dougal & Gammer ft Niki Mak
27. Paradise (Gammer 'Parakick' Remix) Ruffage
28. Missing Petruccio & Modulate ft Marie Louise
29. Closer Gammer & Klubfiller ft Mandy Edge
30. Elysium/See The Light Scott Brown/Paradise
31. Tough Guy/Scream Celldweller/Gammer & Whizzkid
32. Save Me (Gammers Super Awesome Ballad Version That Goes Down Well Everywhere In The World) Darren Styles
33. We Killed The Rave (Best Hardcore Track Of The Year Edition) Gammer & Whizzkid
obey227 Are you sure that track 28 on disc 3 is the original version, because i'm pretty sure it's gonna be the Gammer Remix version. And **** Me Silly, Gammer & Michael Scout - Bye Bye, while listening to that gave me goosebumps. That DS mix is gonna be BEAST.
Claxton That 'Bye Bye' is superb!!! Love that!!
_Jay_ Decent tune!
Dys7
quote:

Wait, WHAT? Actual dubstep? Is this a joke?
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:

Probably an improvement on the usual rubbish.
DJ Hellfury
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
quote:

Probably an improvement on the usual rubbish.

one dubstep tune played out for one minute within dubcore tune compilation... wow, i'm blasting with joy...

if those djs where not breeze, styles and gammer, noone would buy it imo. tune style variation is minimalistic.
Bonkers4Life
quote:
quote:

*sigh* Next time Gammer gets mad at everyone that is saying Hardcore has dubstep similarities, tell him to look at the tracklist for the album he is on.

This literally makes me sad. I think AATW should stop advertising this album as "Hardcore" and just call it what it is. Fast Dubstep.
Elliott This whole mistaken idea that hardcore is somehow similar to dubstep now is formed by interpreting any track which borrows elements of electro, house, dubstep, dirty dutch etc. as dubstep rip-offs.

The fact is that far more tunes are coming out that are electro/house-influenced than are directly dubstep-influenced and it's these same tunes that people are complaining about.

Sure there are plenty of mid-range wobbles to be found in hardcore but the pervasive sound that people are really complaining about now doesn't have all that much to do with dubstep. I think we'd see the word "dubstep" a lot less on hardcore forums if people understood the world of electronic music outside of 170bpm a bit better.
Samination there's music below 170bpm? madness!
DJ Hellfury
quote:
there's music below 170bpm? madness!

yeah, legends say that devices called "radio" play such music below 170bpm since decades. some people went normal (!) after 10 minutes listening, horrifying thoughts...

quote:

Sure there are plenty of mid-range wobbles to be found in hardcore but the pervasive sound that people are really complaining about now doesn't have all that much to do with dubstep. I think we'd see the word "dubstep" a lot less on hardcore forums if people understood the world of electronic music outside of 170bpm a bit better.

well, "dubcore" is full of minimal techno, hardstyle and dubstep elements. that minimalistic, obtrusive sounds is what people hate. what i personally hate is the lack of melodies and effort in build-ups in dubcore, it's almost like in hardstyle... remembers me of one hardstyle track with "stop the music........ drop the bass" lyrics.
The Dopeman the moment the name skrillex appears on a hardcore album you know it is near death

oh well bye bye hardcore back to the old skool for me i think coz that shit never gets old
Hard2Get
quote:
the moment the name skrillex appears on a hardcore album you know it is near death

oh well bye bye hardcore back to the old skool for me i think coz that shit never gets old

It's not worse than the names of pop singers who have been all over compilation CD's for years now (remixes).
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
the moment the name skrillex appears on a hardcore album you know it is near death

It's not worse than the names of pop singers who have been all over compilation CD's for years now (remixes).

only difference there is, that they still sell like butter.
latininxtc
quote:

Oh that's funny. Twats have been saying shit like that for over a decade, and yet it's still around.

Only thing that will happen is those that don't like the sound will find something else to listen to, mainly within the hardcore genre. There is plenty out there still being produced that isn't dubsteppy in any way. You just have to make an extra effort to find it. And if you really gave a damn, you will find it.
The Dopeman
quote:
quote:

Oh that's funny. Twats have been saying shit like that for over a decade, and yet it's still around.

Only thing that will happen is those that don't like the sound will find something else to listen to, mainly within the hardcore genre. There is plenty out there still being produced that isn't dubsteppy in any way. You just have to make an extra effort to find it. And if you really gave a damn, you will find it.

sad fact is i just don't give a shit anymore even most unknown producers make the same old shit i just can't be bothered anymore it's a genre thats going nowhere and will never go anywhere it used to be about the music but from what i've seen over the last few years it's like everything else in this ****ed up world...money

so what i'm gonna do is dissapear i've finally gotten bored of hardcore it's just not worth the time or the money i have more important things to be doing with my life

it's been fun tho

soundcloud is gone too thats how bored i am of all this utter shite
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

sad fact is i just don't give a shit anymore even most unknown producers make the same old shit i just can't be bothered anymore it's a genre thats going nowhere and will never go anywhere it used to be about the music but from what i've seen over the last few years it's like everything else in this ****ed up world...money

so what i'm gonna do is dissapear i've finally gotten bored of hardcore it's just not worth the time or the money i have more important things to be doing with my life

it's been fun tho

well hate to see you go but good on you for detatching yourself from the scene instead of wallowing in misery like some member on here who just won't pick up and leave. gotta go and find out what music makes you happy and focus on that because bitching about it on here does nothing.
djDMS I like the Skrillex remix of 'Cinema', does that make me a bad person?
DJ-Hutchy
quote:
I like the Skrillex remix of 'Cinema', does that make me a bad person?

No, it's a great track!!
d2kx Dougal & Gammer feat. Hannah Faulkner - The One :-)

Hard2Get
quote:

Yes. Yes it does.
_Jay_
quote:
Dougal & Gammer feat. Hannah Faulkner - The One :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpoYrWSjQ0A

That's decent man! Like it.
DJ Hellfury
quote:

Skrillex isnt THAT terrible (i have 5 songs from him on my smartphone), so noone has to feel bad to listen to his music, i would rather be ashamed to listen to pop or hip hop nowadays

MaidenV
quote:

I think its nifty in that it's the only dubstep song I know of that actually says "DROP THE BASS" in it
Dys7
quote:
quote:
quote:

it's been fun tho

Then stop bloody complaining and leave already.
Dys7
quote:

No, it doesn't. My point was that they're constantly trying to say that the album isn't dubstep, but they have an actual dubstep track in the playlist. I like it too, actually.
_Jay_
quote:

Unnecessary.
Chris Core if the cd is postponed, won't it affect the sales of the album? people will have seen the track list then gone away to hear the songs...so by the time the album is released they won't be bothered...
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Core:
if the cd is postponed, won't it affect the sales of the album? people will have seen the track list then gone away to hear the songs...so by the time the album is released they won't be bothered...

The cd's been postponed much longer. Usually they are released during the holiday season. I doubt this delay will make much of a difference in sales.
Dys7
quote:
quote:

Unnecessary.

I'm sorry, I'm normally not so mean. You know I've had a horrible week

jenks
quote:
quote:

No, it doesn't. My point was that they're constantly trying to say that the album isn't dubstep, but they have an actual dubstep track in the playlist. I like it too, actually.

The tracklist doesn't seem to say who the remix is by.
Gonzo0 Gareth Emery Feat. Christina Novelli - Concrete Angel (Darren Styles Remix)

Literally all im listening to at the minute, top job by Mr Styles on this remix definatly an 'anthem' track.

Really looking forward to listening to the album and i'll also be attending the launch party by Ravers Reunited...cant wait!
Dys7
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's because there is none.
If they were going to do a remix of the song, they would make it a remix of Cinema (Which was on CLX8). Making a remix of a remix makes nonsense.
Benny ft Gary Go - Cinema (Skrillex Remix) (Modulate Remix Remix)?
That is a pure Skrillex song dear sir.
Quicksilver
quote:
Dougal & Gammer feat. Hannah Faulkner - The One :-)

****ing shoot the MC!!!

Is it just in UK Hardcore that the MCs sound like obnoxious, desperate bastards, ruining every track they can? I've heard a few Gabber and Hardstyle live tracks but never has the MC ever bothered me there.
Elliott MCing is getting more and more out of hand imo. Seems like it's 16 bars over every non-vocal segment now.

I was at a small event about a year ago where there wasn't a single MC all night and no-one even needed hyping up, let alone a poorly formed monologue about how great MCs are.
Dys7
quote:

****ing shoot the MC!!!

I have never ever ever understood the appeal of MC's in raves and tracks. They drive me INSANE. If I'm listening to a mix and it has an MC I automatically just change to something else now.
Stylus & Audiojunkie - Box Fresh has an AMAZING drop, and in the Hardcore Heaven awards whatshisface raps right over it. Completely ruins the energy for me. Plus, they all sound like they've had strokes.
Just my crummy opinion.
lurker It's not a crummy opinion. Hardcore MCs are releasing ****ING ALBUMS now. Whizzkid had Gammer turn Nostalgia into a generic rap beat for him. Shit makes no ****ing sense anymore. THAT'S what you moaners should be moaning about 24/7. Get those old ass weirdos off the stage.
latininxtc The lack of MCs in the scene is the only redeeming quality about North American hardcore raves. I don't mind them, but definitely not my preference to see them up onstage, especially with a dj like Gammer. I don't understand why they keep pushing him to have an MC onstage as he's perfectly capable of hyping up the crowd himself without ever having to utter a word. Hence the reason why a mix like 2 turntables 1 mixer won set of the year. Clearly shows that people are beginning to become more and more annoyed by them. I think ppl just put up with it since there's little chance they're going anywhere. Especially with someone as tiring as Storm onstage.
DJ Hellfury MCs mostly sound like ADHD victims :/

MCing would make sense when they dont talk over drops or when trackvocals begin.
One of my favorite Brisk and Scott Brown sets from HTID include MCing, but over years of listening i can overhear them because the tracklist is one of the best i've heard
jenks
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's because there is none.
If they were going to do a remix of the song, they would make it a remix of Cinema (Which was on CLX8). Making a remix of a remix makes nonsense.
Benny ft Gary Go - Cinema (Skrillex Remix) (Modulate Remix Remix)?
That is a pure Skrillex song dear sir.

Maybe I'm looking at a different track-list, but I don't see any mention of Skrillex.

djDMS
quote:
Maybe I'm looking at a different track-list, but I don't see any mention of Skrillex.

On the Hixxy/Gammer disc -

14. Benny Benassi Feat. Gary Go - Cinema (Skrillex Remix)

Is there an actual 'official' tracklist of this anywhere? Seen it on here and Amazon etc but nowhere else.

jenks I was just looking at the HHC.com homepage. Even if it's the Skrillex one, I bet it's a Gammer edit like that Promises one.
The Doc
quote:
I was just looking at the HHC.com homepage. Even if it's the Skrillex one, I bet it's a Gammer edit like that Promises one.

I updated the tracklist the other day on here, its on page 17 of this thread.
obey227 Who cares if it's gonna be the Skrillex mix or not, it's probably just gonna be a 2 minute track or even less. Album is still gonna be siiiicckk. They should have just made CXH9 a 4 disc album, giving Gammer his own CD, since he does have a lot of unreleased tracks, would have been PERFECT. And they should give Re-Con his own CD next time around as well, if there's going to be a 10.
Samination
quote:
Who cares if it's gonna be the Skrillex mix or not, it's probably just gonna be a 2 minute track or even less. Album is still gonna be siiiicckk. They should have just made CXH9 a 4 disc album, giving Gammer his own CD, since he does have a lot of unreleased tracks, would have been PERFECT. And they should give Re-Con his own CD next time around as well, if there's going to be a 10.

not me ofcourse because I won't be buying the album anyways :)

And I believe Hixxy has more unreleased tracks than Gammer
Elliott That whole Cinema thing is just a casual bit of genre inter-breeding. It's no different to when Re-Con dropped the Sigma remix of Skepta - Rescue Me on HTID3.

If you don't mind your brostep, that Cinema remix goes heavy the first few times you hear it. Like all big-impact dubstep though, it gets reduced to nothing after a couple of listens.
Bonkers4Life Like oh mah gawd guys. Like, todyaz dah day! Can't wait to listen to some skrillex on dis hardcore album! I'm so, like, excited.
jenks wat
_Jay_ Delayed until March.
djDMS
quote:
Delayed until March.

Gutted.
Dys7
quote:
quote:
Delayed until March.

Gutted.

Skinned.
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:
Delayed until March.

Gutted.

Skinned.

Purrfect
Warnman
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Delayed until March.

Gutted.

Skinned.

Purrfect

Moulded.
Elliott Genuinely disappointed. Is that bad?
MaidenV
quote:
Genuinely disappointed. Is that bad?

Dude, you're OKAY with the possibility of a dubstep song being on a hardcore album? Thats like being ok with, like, NAZIS dude.
latininxtc
quote:

No its not bad. If the CXH sound is the style of hardcore you like then of course a delay would disappoint you.
cap3r0n Hi guys. So is the album confirmed for being delayed until march?
Dys7 Yep
Elliott
quote:
quote:

No its not bad. If the CXH sound is the style of hardcore you like then of course a delay would disappoint you.

Thing is though, I'm disappointed by it every year recently yet 12 months later I still get excited about the next one. Think I'm just an optimistic masochist!
The drunken scotsman Thing that annoys me most about the delay is that it slows down the singles releases coming out as well. The producers are told not to release any new material until the album has been launched. There hasnt been that much new stuff coming out from any of the bigger artists recently.
Seen a tweet from styles saying that there will be one release a month from junkbox after the album is released. I know that 'Never Forget was scheduled for release this month but that won't be till next month now
lurker Breeze uploaded a bunch of clips on Futureworld's SoundCloud page a few days ago, including a bunch of CLXH9 tracks. I guess most of you will say there's nothing unexpected:
https://soundcloud.com/futureworldrecords

Don't Hold Back, Inception, and R3tro are the highlights IMO. ESPECIALLY R3tro.
rafferty I would purchase most of those tunes. Breeze does have his fair share of critics due to his arrogance at times which I can understand.

But to be fair to the I guy I have more respect for him than the load of producers that are rehashing the same old tired sound from 10 years ago which is just a cheesy vocals over a sped up Hard Trance riff.

The Future World sound is unique to what most people are doing in Hardcore. And he would have brought a lot of new fans from other scenes appreciating Hardcore. Also seems to have a lot of very talented producers with fresh ideas signed to his label. New talent and fresh ideas is exactly what UK Hardcore needed for a long time.
I had a blast hearing his set on NYE.

_Jay_ Is it out today? I haven't seen anyone (Breeze/Gammer etc) posting about it on facebook/Twitter.

Edit: Just seen that it says "This title will be released on March 18, 2013" on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clubland-Xtreme-Hardcore-Various-Artists/dp/B00AYUS5U8
Claxton A statement just released buy Futureworld!!

quote:
The New Future World Statement 2013.

The Change Is Coming

Here at Future World Records, there has been some significant changes going on behind the scenes.

Future World have always been interested in tomorrow.

In life you can only move forward, & this is a principle we have always implemented into our music. After all, whilst memories of yesterday are treasured, you have to create new paths & memories in order to fulfil your destiny.

Over the years we have realised that we're not alone in this theory of pushing the boundaries & producing fresh original Electronic Dance Music. Not a particular style or sub genre, just good quality, well produced, forward thinking music. After all, that is what we all care about from the dance floor to the studio, right?
We also noticed that whilst everybody is doing their own thing individually, sometimes the basic substance of what it's all about can get lost.

What if a group of artists all shared that same vision, & all felt passionately about the exact same thing?
What if they all came together, as a unit, with the promise of frequent regular track releases of nothing but the highest class of material, collaborations, live shows & much, much more? But what if, & most importantly
They were doing it for the future of Hardcore & Rave music?

2013 brings you probably one of the biggest things to ever happen in the history of the Underground Dance scene we all care so dearly about.

Future World are very proud to announce our New & Exclusive record label lineup -

Darren Styles
Gammer
Breeze
Dougal
Re-con
Whizzkid
Static
Modulate
Petruccio
Tyl3r
Reynolds
Michael Scout
Mark Slammer
T2kazuya
Marie Louise

As if that wasn't enough, our promise to you the worldwide Raver, Clubber or simply Music Enthusiast.. STARTS NOW. Again, united as one, we are very proud to give you the schedule of our next TEN releases, available digitally from Beatport, iTunes & all good online retailers-

Darren Styles feat. Molly - Never Forget You (Remixes EP)

Dougal & Gammer feat. Hannah Faulkner - Knight In Shining Armour / Mix Your Sex (The Dougal & Gammer EP)

Tyler & Static - Fight

Whizzkid - Bitch Slap / We Are The Vampires (Modulate Remix) / Sick (The Whizzkid EP Vol 2)

Pettruccio & Modulate feat. Marie Louise - Missing (Gammer Remix)

Darren Styles & Re-con - Sober

Breeze & Modulate feat. Angie Brown - So Good

Darren Styles & Gammer - Paranoia

Modulate feat. Marie Louise - Body Scream

Re-Con - Giroscope

Welcome to tomorrow, Welcome to the FUTURE WORLD.

Ermmmmm just slightly over the top then, particularly the bit in bold. Saying that there are some reallg good tracks being released.
djDMS We're all saved!!!!
DJ Hellfury
quote:
2013 brings you probably one of the biggest things to ever happen in the history of the Underground Dance scene we all care so dearly about.

Someone overexaggerated a bit... compared to HU's massive CD lineup FW is not even worth the mention tbh. but good luck nevertheless

quote:
Future World are very proud to announce our New & Exclusive record label lineup -

Darren Styles
Gammer
Dougal
Re-con

Exclusive? that means 3 other labels die or pause for now? highly doubt that tbh.

_Jay_ How the fudging hell were Styles and Dougal & Gammer convinced to not have Never Forget and Knight In Shining Armour on their own labels?! I couldn't give a fudge what label they get released on personally, but I would have thought that both of those tracks would be two of the biggest selling releases of the year. Can't WAIT to get my hands on them.
arpz yeah, I just asked breeze about this on his FB but I think I'm being ignored as a hater since there's been no reply.

I really can't see the logic behind this, if it's actually exclusivity and not just a misuse of the word, then it's going to be bloody awful, are they planning on putting out multiple releases each week? If not, then we'll wait even longer than we already do for the top tier tunes.

Hopefully it's just a misuse of the word and FW just signed a few bits from a few people
The drunken scotsman I reckon that will be the end of the road for junkbox, ep, muffin music etc. Doesn't really make too much difference to anything really. Will be just like the old RBC days
Spyanova Sounds to me like a regroup at the top. I think the HH awards might have shocked them a little bit. I think they see the stark reality that Hardcore isn't quite as much in their hands as they thought
_Jay_ Does anyone happen to know who the Never Forget remixes are by?

The drunken scotsman
quote:
Does anyone happen to know who the Never Forget remixes are by?

Have only ever heard the original mate so I've no idea. Would love to hear this remixed by gammer or re-con maybe, that vocal is excellent
DJ Hellfury i guess you can forget breeze in any social media or music portal since he never answers back, thats at least what i say from my side (tried a few times to make contract with him from my side without any flaming or something) and from other people's messages.

would be a rather harsh step to close serveral labels, i know the scene is rather small compared to others but it seems to be too suddenly in my eyes, maybe gammer is the one to clarify things a bit more; hope someone tried to ask him just now.
_Jay_
quote:
Have only ever heard the original mate so I've no idea. Would love to hear this remixed by gammer or re-con maybe, that vocal is excellent

A Gammer remix could be very special! And you're right, it's an unreal vocal. Proper beautiful experience hearing it at a rave.

quote:
i guess you can forget breeze in any social media or music portal since he never answers back, thats at least what i say from my side (tried a few times to make contract with him from my side without any flaming or something) and from other people's messages.

would be a rather harsh step to close serveral labels, i know the scene is rather small compared to others but it seems to be too suddenly in my eyes, maybe gammer is the one to clarify things a bit more; hope someone tried to ask him just now.

I would be really surprised if a number of major labels were stopped just like that. It's not impossible, but it just doesn't sound likely.
DJ Hellfury And all that speculation just because one guy put exclusive artists in his message and important releases from other labels are now going to be released on FW, argh, stomach cramps to the max
Claxton I can see it myself.

There is barely any money in MP3 sales, Muffin Music is pretty much non existant, EP would be the only slight suprise but even then there has been no activity for a while and Dougal has a business away from hardcore now.

It comes across to me that Breeze is trying to do a bit of a Raverbaby!! He will definitely improve his own situation in the scene through this.

Also if this is the case.... I assume that Futureworld won't just be 'dubcore' anymore? Like it pretty much has exclusively been for the last couple of years....
DJ Hellfury A new raverbaby? I hope it will not end in one big bubble crisis in a few months.
Claxton
quote:
A new raverbaby? I hope it will not end in one big bubble crisis in a few months.

Well lets get this clear... it will NOT be anything like Raverbaby. But I meant the concept of what he is maybe trying to achieve, a dominant label in the scene with all the major players.

and lets be honest, everyone seems to have bought it tonight based on the reaction on social media. At the moment it is fully built on hype and nothing else.... by the end of the year it will probably have the ravers eating out of its hands and win the best label award by a country mile!!

DJ Hellfury I knew you meant the model.

Well, lets see how far "Essential Twista-Muffinworld" will come ^^
latininxtc If this helps speed up the releases on many of their tunes then great I'm all for it.

I have a feeling though that this is a result from how successful Hardcore Underground has become and their increasing popularity. So far they have been the only label who has had steady releases the past year and don't have to wait or hold back track releases for a larger company.

With other big names like Al Storm and Marc Smith working closely with HU, it seems that this new announcement divides the UK hardcore industry somewhat. We can only wait and see how this will benefit, or maybe weaken, the scene.
Vladel It doesn't say whether the tracks will be sold on trackitdown.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
I can see it myself.

There is barely any money in MP3 sales, Muffin Music is pretty much non existant, EP would be the only slight suprise but even then there has been no activity for a while and Dougal has a business away from hardcore now.

It comes across to me that Breeze is trying to do a bit of a Raverbaby!! He will definitely improve his own situation in the scene through this.

Also if this is the case.... I assume that Futureworld won't just be 'dubcore' anymore? Like it pretty much has exclusively been for the last couple of years....

Yes, it seems to me like breeze trying to make more of a living out of the music, running the sales side of the business. Not a bad idea in all fairness to him because it would seem to work to everyones advantage. Dougal has other business interests now and re-con only really does hardcore as a side project these days. Muffin music has hardly had any releases in the last year or so. Breeze can't be selling too many tunes these days going by the number of people who complain about his music so it makes a lot of sense for him, could also bump up the number of bookings he gets as well. Very shrewd move by breeze
Samination
quote:
If this helps speed up the releases on many of their tunes then great I'm all for it.

I have a feeling though that this is a result from how successful Hardcore Underground has become and their increasing popularity. So far they have been the only label who has had steady releases the past year and don't have to wait or hold back track releases for a larger company.

With other big names like Al Storm and Marc Smith working closely with HU, it seems that this new announcement divides the UK hardcore industry somewhat. We can only wait and see how this will benefit, or maybe weaken, the scene.

So in one corner we definitly have Breeze, Styles, Recon and Dougal. I highly doubt that Gammer will want to get locked in since his fanbase is more varied than the other FW guys.

On the other corner we have Storm, Marc Smith, Darwin and Fracus.

So that leaves out... Hixxy, Scott Brown and Squad-E?
MAtRiCks
quote:
quote:
If this helps speed up the releases on many of their tunes then great I'm all for it.

So in one corner we definitly have Breeze, Styles, Recon and Dougal. I highly doubt that Gammer will want to get locked in since his fanbase is more varied than the other FW guys.

On the other corner we have Storm, Marc Smith, Darwin and Fracus.

So that leaves out... Hixxy, Scott Brown and Squad-E?

I believe Scott Brown and Squad-E aren't active anymore. This does leave Hixxy out of the picture, which is strange. Sy, Unknown and Technikore aren't mentionned either, so I guess they are content with doing their own thing?
_Jay_ Plenty of rumours flying around that Scott Brown is actually active again. He's even confirmed (albeit around Christmas time) that he's excited about the new music he's going to be making for everyone, via Twitter. And he's just whacked a load more back catalogue stuff online.

Unknown has just launched/about to launch his own, new label called U.K.N. Records.

As for Squad-E, not sure. Same with Hixxy.
The drunken scotsman Hixxy will probably still run his HTID label it wasn't too long ago that it started. He's been promising some new releases for a while now, last I heard he was holding them back until the new clubland cd is released. I know hixxy talks a load of pish when it comes to releases but still it suggests that he'll be carrying on with HTID label.
I doubt that Sy will be making any new hardcore in the foreseeable future, apparently he still hasn't made any moves to prove his innocence so it's all left hanging in the balance for him.
Technikore is releasing regularly on his Supersonik label.
Not sure about Squad-E but not too bothered anyway, he's been shite for years now although he might do some work on Klubfillers new label
Samination
quote:
Plenty of rumours flying around that Scott Brown is actually active again. He's even confirmed (albeit around Christmas time) that he's excited about the new music he's going to be making for everyone, via Twitter. And he's just whacked a load more back catalogue stuff online.

a load is an overstatement. He basicly just made more tracks re-appear, not completly new digital ones.
Samination
quote:

I doubt that Sy will be making any new hardcore in the foreseeable future, apparently he still hasn't made any moves to prove his innocence so it's all left hanging in the balance for him.

Dude, leave it. It's up to Twatstorm to prove he's guilty. I presume this is also the same reason why we haven't seen much from Squad-E too.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:

Dude, leave it. It's up to Twatstorm to prove he's guilty. I presume this is also the same reason why we haven't seen much from Squad-E too.

Leave what!? Was simply stating a fact, it wasn't my opinion. Hixxy was speaking about it on twitter recently and this is what he said. So I don't expect him to be releasing any tunes for the foreseeable future, nor do I expect to be seeing him at any raves like htid or hh.
_Jay_
quote:
a load is an overstatement. He basicly just made more tracks re-appear, not completly new digital ones.

Yeah, that's why I said back catalogue you penis.
djDMS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
DJ Hellfury
quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Samination
quote:
quote:

Yeah, that's why I said back catalogue you penis.

and that's why i replied. Some or most has already been uplaoded before

Well scratch my balls and call me a ****, it does seem like it where all new digitals
Hard2Get Load. Penis. Scratch my balls. Lol.
_Jay_ Jacket, this is what I'm referring to:

"Just a reminder to you guys:

More Evolution releases have been added to your favourite stores! Evolution 73, 75, 76, 81, 83, 84, 85. Evolve 2, 10. Plus 1, Plus 34."

What ones are you talking about?
Chris Core I used to love the hardcore till I die cd series, on which squad-e mixed...shame that series was axed...i always get confused...is hixxy's htid label related to the hardcore till i die albums owned by clubland?
Samination
quote:
Jacket, this is what I'm referring to:

"Just a reminder to you guys:

More Evolution releases have been added to your favourite stores! Evolution 73, 75, 76, 81, 83, 84, 85. Evolve 2, 10. Plus 1, Plus 34."

What ones are you talking about?

The reason I said what I said is because I'm retty sure PLUs001 has already been released digitally once before (on TID or Juno, I dont count the evolution mp3 store).

Matt: What ARE you thinking about... or with :P
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

that reminds me. there is a bar that is actually called maclaren's pub in lloret de mar, which is the city where HTID In The Sun happens. I took a picture of it I'll see about posting it on here. Didn't go in there to drink though as the drinks were overpriced.
DJ-Hutchy Losing Junkbox & Essential Platinum is a gutter BUT what a amazing idea & I have woken up everyday thinking how did Breeze manage to pull this together!! Its an amazing time for Hardcore/Rave/DrumBassCore whatever you wanna call this "Music!"

This can only benefit our scene in a massive way & give it a good kick up the ass & into the future!

Hixxy creating the Raver Baby Crew changed the scene in a massive way, no one thought it could happen again!!! Well my friends Breeze has just changed Hardcore again, Future World is exactly that, the future of our scene & this is just the beginning, never been excited about news in our scene before!!

2013 is looking awesome :)

BIG up Breeze :)
djDMS I like the idea of 'big' labels with a great line up of artists. What i don't like so much is the thought of smaller labels/artists getting even less of a look in than usual.

Fewer pointless labels = good
2 or 3 mega labels running everything = not so good
The drunken scotsman
quote:
I used to love the hardcore till I die cd series, on which squad-e mixed...shame that series was axed...i always get confused...is hixxy's htid label related to the hardcore till i die albums owned by clubland?

Na don't think so, hixxy is the brains behind hardcore till i die events and the htid label. The more recent htid albums were done by aatw, the same crowd who do the clubland albums. Hixxy must of sold aatw the rights to use the htid brand for the albums after react went down the tubes. Which is why you have HTID 1 & 2 that were brought out about 10 years ago then HTID 1,2 & 3 that were more recent
_Jay_ Shame that HTID series stopped. Liked those. Good, solid cheese.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Shame that HTID series stopped. Liked those. Good, solid cheese.

Agreed, they should start them up again but maybe with new DJ's seeing as Re-Con has other things on the go and Squad-E is well...shite.
Must say I preferred the original HTID albums though, recently bought HTID 2 (from 2004) on amazon having lost my original copy. Both the Hixxy b2b Re-Con and Dougal b2b UFO cd's are amazing, not really a bad tune on either mix, which compared to some of the pish that's came out in recent years is amazing.
_Jay_ Oh yeah, definitely man! I've got both the originals too, and they are lush! Might have to dig those out later! In fact I think I'll try find them now. :-)
skarr whats re con doin now then? and whats dougals new business?
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
whats re con doin now then? and whats dougals new business?

Re-con produced a number 1 hit for ne-yo last year so obviously has bigger fish to fry. He has a residency at a nightclub in Liverpool every sat playing house music using his real name mike di scala. Fair play to him though he still has the time to make some hardcore but seeing re-con at a rave is like seeing the pope at a rangers match these days (Scottish joke ;-))*
Dougal now owns a nightclub in Northampton so obviously spends a bit of time doing that but he is still making a lot of hardcore and playing at raves. He did take about a year out recently though only appearing at the bigger events

*disclaimer I am aware that a new pope is about to be unveiled as I write this, still don't expect to see him at a rangers match any time soon ;-)
DJ-Hutchy You can NOT book Re-con for any Hardcore events! You will only see him at HTID possibly Slammin/HH!!
Jacco It's so sad Re-Con went mainstream and Squad-E's output is, well what it is at the moment. Twista was such a fun label and most tunes were just solid and did a good job everytime they got played.

Actually there was this one Squad-E remix

and then he used the same riff here

and here
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Jacco:

Fixed, dude :-)
Chris Core
quote:
quote:
I used to love the hardcore till I die cd series, on which squad-e mixed...shame that series was axed...i always get confused...is hixxy's htid label related to the hardcore till i die albums owned by clubland?

Na don't think so, hixxy is the brains behind hardcore till i die events and the htid label. The more recent htid albums were done by aatw, the same crowd who do the clubland albums. Hixxy must of sold aatw the rights to use the htid brand for the albums after react went down the tubes. Which is why you have HTID 1 & 2 that were brought out about 10 years ago then HTID 1,2 & 3 that were more recent

ahh right...this solves a lot of confusion for me...and the original hardcore till i die 1 and 2 were separate to aatw hardcore till i die albums? I thought all three were pretty good, so many good tracks...hardcore slut, pizzaman, last goodbye, tru-e...great memories listening to those albums
Chris Core and whilst we're on the subject of defunct albums...hardcore heaven summer madness was great...shame there was no follow up...
Dys7
quote:
and whilst we're on the subject of defunct albums...hardcore heaven summer madness was great...shame there was no follow up...

Careful using those phrases round here.
_Jay_
quote:
quote:
and whilst we're on the subject of defunct albums...hardcore heaven summer madness was great...shame there was no follow up...

lol! Why can't he say that? I thought that album was great!
d2kx CHX9 digital release will consist of mostly edits, but well done ones, not just cutted and at an ejoyable length (~ 4 minutes), not the 2 minute shit of CXH8, so that is great.

Regarding Future World etc.... I think they are trying to get away from TrackItDown to Beatport (and of course support iTunes) because that is a lot better, many scenes use Beatport and it hightlights quality releases over 99% of the shit on TrackItDown.
_Jay_ Interesting, interesting.

Do you whether, if you buy it digitally - you can still buy it in continuous mix form? Or does it have to be all of these semi DJ edits?

And yeah, there is so much dross on TID these days. At the very least they could give Hardcore, Freeform and Gabber their own categories, instead of just their own tags.
Dys7
quote:
quote:
quote:

I distinctly remember a good deal of people being pissed at the track lengths!
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I distinctly remember a good deal of people being pissed at the track lengths!

http://www.trackitdown.net/track/various-artists/hardcore-heaven-summer-madness-unmixed-tracks-edits-3-dj-mixes/hardcore/3556095.html

Most seems to be fairly long, by Clubland standards :P
The Dopeman
quote:
seeing re-con at a rave is like seeing the pope at a rangers match these days (Scottish joke ;-))*

Chris Core why is it the tempo is slowed down when clubland xtreme hardcore is released on itunes?
_Jay_ Apple cnuts can't handle their BPMs, can they.

But no, seriously - no idea.
Vladel from the previews it all sounds the same to me apart from the breeze stuff that isn't hardcore (all of the breeze stuff) need to have another listen to decide whether i can buy it or not.

edited to add: Even hixxy's tracks seem to have been infected by the same drowned out bassline that styles uses.
lurker
quote:
Regarding Future World etc.... I think they are trying to get away from TrackItDown to Beatport (and of course support iTunes) because that is a lot better, many scenes use Beatport and it hightlights quality releases over 99% of the shit on TrackItDown.

Indeed it does! All of the featured hardcore tracks on Beatport are gabber or schranz.
Samination
quote:
quote:

Indeed it does! All of the featured hardcore tracks on Beatport are gabber or schranz.

not much better then?
cozzter Worst Album Of The Series!!!!!
Breeze CD is a waste of space and Gammer's aint much better.
Styles CD is good:)

IMO anyway lol.
deado Anyone know when this is available on iTunes in Australia? Ugh won't let me purchase the UK release...
GrahamC
quote:
Originally posted by deado:
Anyone know when this is available on iTunes in Australia? Ugh won't let me purchase the UK release...

From Gammer's FB page:

NON-UK PEOPLE WHO WANT TO BUY CLUBLAND X-TREME HARDCORE 9

1. Go to Trackitdown.net
2. Make a new account using a UK address (My friend used a Macdonalds in London)
3. Pay using Paypal

Hope that helps :)
DarrenJ I wonder how Nintendo would feel about a Yoshi's Island sample in a song called "Hardcore Mother F_____"

sample stuck out like a sore thumb lol
The drunken scotsman Darren Styles mix wins hands down. One of the best mixes he's done on Clubland, can almost listen to it all the way through without skipping any tracks.

I'm not even going to bother listening to Breeze's mix

I like Hixxy's mix, haven't listened to it all yet but from what I know it's decent.

Gammer's mix is quality, nothing really new if you've listened to any of his sets in the past year or so but still very refreshing to hear this on a clubland cd.

Overall it's the best Clubland since number 4 I reckon
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenJ:
I wonder how Nintendo would feel about a Yoshi's Island sample in a song called "Hardcore Mother F_____"

sample stuck out like a sore thumb lol

You should totally send nintendo a message with a link to the song. Would probably sue AATW so badly the company would go bankrupt lol

It took 9.03 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page