Total online 1783
 Radio listeners 154+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 ELYSIUM (I GO CRAZY) .. U HEARD IT HERE FIRST...
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
Needforspeed

United Kingdom
393 posts
Posted - 2005/10/25 :  03:52:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i think everyone has heard elysium plus ,,,its on bonkers 8

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2005/10/25 :  07:25:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by dragonboy:
has anyone heard ELYSIUM PLUS??????????

Yes, and it's still not a patch on the original. I don't see why Scott Brown made Return to Elysium, Elysium Plus & this crappy version thats comming out now. The original was a classic, if it aint broke then don't try and fix it

Edited by - Mortis on 2005/10/25 08:27:13
silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2005/10/25 :  08:20:50  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Well I don't expect any hardcore lovers to really like it... you can't really even hear the main parts of the track... I expect the hardcore version to be much much better.

Whispering: thanks for updating.

clarke101
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,839 posts

185 hardcore releases
Posted - 2005/10/25 :  09:30:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit clarke101's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:
Originally posted by dragonboy:
has anyone heard ELYSIUM PLUS??????????

Yes, and it's still not a patch on the original. I don't see why Scott Brown made Return to Elysium, Elysium Plus & this crappy version thats comming out now. The original was a classic, if it aint broke then don't try and fix it

I really like Return to Elysium, not as much as the original though.

whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
whittle1 has donated money to the site whittle1 has attended 15 events
Posted - 2005/10/25 :  10:37:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage  Reply with quote
Still a poor tune, but i have heard much worse than that from AATW

katrinar50
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
822 posts
katrinar50 has donated money to the site katrinar50 has attended 37 events
Posted - 2005/10/25 :  11:54:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit katrinar50's homepage  Reply with quote
Well I still can't hear it - I am still getting the 404 error. Anyone having this problem?

Kat

Lovenation vs Poison Rain - Beautiful Day - Tune!!! - That I will not be buying as it is a JAL track! :-(((

Jax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,676 posts
Jax has donated money to the site Jax has attended 6 events
Posted - 2005/10/25 :  12:08:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
Think it's pretty poor myself, I think they're trying to emulate a tune that is as successfull as that one that had the robert miles piano bit in it, but with vocals, can't remember what it's called...

i think its called "do you know", and the robert miles piano bit was off children

dragonboy

Australia
291 posts
dragonboy has attended 3 events
Posted - 2005/10/25 :  12:19:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
im doing my 100th post and all i have to say is YES!

404 SUCKS

Don Giovanni

Canada
290 posts

43 hardcore releases
Posted - 2005/10/27 :  09:13:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
It's been a long time since I have posted on these forums but when I saw another remix of one of my all time favourite tracks I had to say something!

I remember years back when I first heard Return to Elysium was being put out...and I thought NO please leave the song be in its pristine state! Don't muck it up. But then it came out and I loved it...not the same as Elysium but in a different way. Then Elysium Plus *rolls eyes* I don’t know what was the point of that one (sounds like a few keys were switched around and the voice was added in).

Now this...thing...One of the things that made the original so great, for me anyways, is it brought so much emotion, but without any lyrics at all. It was and still is just pure bliss!
Anyway the lyrics for this are pretty good and I could see them being used for a decent hardcore tune. This song only vaguely resembles Elysium and I wish it were just called I Go Crazy and didn't have the name of a great song attached...But artists are free to try different things and produce music in a way that they see best to express themselves, or put food on the table...

So I cringe a little...but hope that maybe some good hardcore versions will come.
And for those of you in uproar about this, just remember nothing can take away how great the original Elysium was and still is. It doesn't matter that some tw@t in a mainstream club will hear this new one and know about the great original that inspired it, all that matters is that we know it.
*sits back and enjoys the original pressing of Elysium*

djpeggy

United Kingdom
294 posts

171 hardcore releases
Posted - 2005/10/27 :  15:10:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djpeggy's homepage  Reply with quote
It's ok but i'm not too keen on the vocals TBH. Hopefully the hardcore version will be better.

Comet
Advanced Member

United States
1,544 posts

745 hardcore releases
Comet has donated money to the site Comet has attended 22 events
Posted - 2005/10/29 :  21:34:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Comet's homepage  Reply with quote
Hey, let's put trance samples in the "HARDCORE" forum. :P

Anyway, just heard the Scott Brown Remix and it's pretty decent. To me, it sounds like an update of Elysium+. The piano line is the one from Elysium+ but the choir instrument sounds a lot like the original Elysium The structure is kind of strange because the breakdown starts later than expected. I'll definitely be purchasing the promo, though. Just to surprise people with the remix. :P

SouTHCoasteR
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 post
SouTHCoasteR has attended 1 event
Posted - 2005/10/30 :  13:23:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by mustapha:
Good tune, It'll definatly be a huge hit with the more comercial clubs.

**For those who continually put-down all these comercial mixes of Hardcore tunes...what about the many tunes that hardcore has taken from original artists? ** 'taken' was probably the wrong word to use there but you know what I mean.

<snip>

the difference is this: when you take a commercial song and make it into hardcore, you've made it better (much, much better!)

when you take a hardcore song and make it into a slowed down "for the masses" commercial track, you've done the opposite. you've made it much worse.

i've been waiting for a new remix of elysium for so long now, talking about trying a remix or two myself (but i know i couldnt do it justice). now that this comes along, with scott brown name actually on it too! urgh. not happy. he better put out a hardcore mix quick!

Frieza

United Kingdom
67 posts

72 hardcore releases
Frieza is verified hardcore artist Frieza has attended 13 events
Posted - 2005/10/30 :  15:01:48  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Frieza's homepage  Reply with quote
This remix makes me cringe. Errrgh.

Whyyyyyyyyyyy?

Charco
Advanced Member

Ireland
1,979 posts
Charco has attended 4 events
Posted - 2005/10/30 :  16:39:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by SouTHCoasteR:

the difference is this: when you take a commercial song and make it into hardcore, you've made it better (much, much better!)

when you take a hardcore song and make it into a slowed down "for the masses" commercial track, you've done the opposite. you've made it much worse.

It's only 'worse' because it's not your style or it's not hardcore, It's not supposed to be.
If there is a song that I dislike, It doesn't make it a shit song...just not to my taste.

Like silver said- it's not supposed to attract the hardcore crowd, and IMO, 2 hardcore re-mixes of Elysium are enough...first one, to me, was always the better.

Go Here: http://www.ionosphere.co.uk or here: http://www.sbthq.net . Happy? You should be!! And of course: My tunes: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=230636&T=6580

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2005/11/02 :  08:47:53  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
In case you missed it... hardcore remix clip posted in the news.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.78 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page