Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 News: Hardcore Awards 2006
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2006/05/31 :  12:04:49  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage View the linked resource
From the news page:

The Hardcore Heaven crew have sent over HappyHardcore.com the official logo graphic for this years Hardcore Awards to be held on the 28th of October 2006 at The Royal Bath & West Showground in the UK. Voting and further details on the event will be released this week and of course HappyHardcore.com will have you covered for all the info.

Voting will be held in the same method as last year, via the flyer (if your in the UK) and or online if you don't have the flyer or live overseas. The categories are the same as last year with the addition of one new category to be revealed shortly. Voting will start in the next few days - HappyHardcore.com will post all the details as we get it.

Last year HappyHardcore.com picked up Website of the year and we hopefully can win it again this year around with your voting help.

A round up of 2005 winners are:
Best Website
1. HappyHardcore.com
2. Ush
3. Slamminvinyl

Best DJ
1. Sy
2. Scott Brown
3. Hixxy

Best MC
1. MC Storm
2. MC Whizzkid
3. MC Sharkey

Best Event
1. Hardcore Heaven Hardcore Weekender 2005
2. Uproar Colossus
3. HTID 8

Best Producer
1. Scott Brown
2. Sy
3. Hixxy

Best Record Label
1. Raverbaby
2. Next Generation
3. Quosh

Best Hard Dance DJ
1. Mark EG
2. Sharkey
3. Kevin Energy

Breakthrough MC
1. Scottie B
2. Darkside
3. Fugitive

Breakthrough DJ
1. Recon
2. D-Ice & Reality
3. Lee UHF

Best Record Shop
1. IMO
2. HMV
3. Spin Central

Outstanding Contribution
1. Hixxy
2. Sy
3. Scott Brown

Best Track
'Slide Away' - Breeze & Styles

2006 Hardcore awards - Vote HappyHardcore.com!

Alert moderator
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2006/05/31 :  12:05:52  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
We want your vote later in the week :)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
luminate

Australia
467 posts
Posted - 2006/05/31 :  12:31:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit luminate's homepage
done! :D

CHOONZ!!!!

Loz_e
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
772 posts
Loz_e has attended 7 events
Posted - 2006/05/31 :  12:33:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Loz_e's homepage
Hardcore Heaven awards are a fookin joke!

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2006/05/31 :  12:50:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Loz_e:
Hardcore Heaven awards are a fookin joke!

we both no that mate but best let folks get on with it, probs does this site and others some good publicity

does make me laugh though some ravers take it seriously eagerly awaiting the results lol, biggest never means best and theres hardly an Official governing body of hardcore hahahahaha wheres the real hardcore anyway?

is jus a uk thing and theres two of them now, nothing official imo but if it does this site and some artists good then fair enough

Edited by - Chris B on 2006/05/31 12:51:58
bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2006/05/31 :  13:34:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Best Record Shop
2. HMV

Hahaha that's hilarious. Half of them don't even stock records The ones that do only stock the most commercial of the mainstream... I know that's good business sense from their point of view but really how do they get peoples votes in "best record shop" in a hardcore awards? I bet half the staff in HMV's across the country don't even know what hardcore is let alone like, listen to or know anything about it.

I agree that saying either of these awards are "official" is a bit of a joke really but at the end of the day it's just a bit of fun. I'll vote anyway on the off chance that some up & comings I like may get some publicity from it and to support this site. Would also like to see Sharkey climb to the top of best MC and Ribbz to make an appearance but can't see that happening TBH

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2006/05/31 :  13:42:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
Best Record Shop
2. HMV

Hahaha that's hilarious. Half of them don't even stock records The ones that do only stock the most commercial of the mainstream... I know that's good business sense from their point of view but really how do they get peoples votes in "best record shop" in a hardcore awards?

innit mate cos a few pilled up ravers on there way to event decide to fill in form and as they dont even dj just pick out names they no, hmv sells the commercial cds so they'll not exactly put much thought into it

quote:
I agree that saying either of these awards are "official" is a bit of a joke really but at the end of the day it's just a bit of fun. I'll vote anyway on the off chance that some up & comings I like may get some publicity from it and to support this site. Would also like to see Sharkey climb to the top of best MC and Ribbz to make an appearance but can't see that happening TBH

true it is jus fun thats what makes me laugh when some people take it serious.

Sharkey and ribbz are my favs also but the people want storm and whizzkid, it shows at events so i dont doubt they deserve it and defo would get the most votes.

I wont bother voting jus cos i really dont care about the results one bit, i jus couldnt even be arsed wasting my time.

But aye sharkey blatantly best mc, sittin down for hardcore at feb's raindance was one of my funniest rave moments lol

bristolboy05
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
955 posts
bristolboy05 has attended 12 events
Posted - 2006/06/01 :  20:54:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bristolboy05's homepage
awww cant wait, im defo goin 2 this.

its olny like a half hour drive from were i live.

Uproar
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,644 posts
Posted - 2006/06/01 :  21:13:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Uproar's homepage
I know who I'll be voting for this year. I wish voters where more open-minded to vote for artists other than the RBC. No doubt Breeze & Styles will get Best Track for I Will Be.

Sharkey deserves Best MC and Outstanding Contribution. I reckon Gammer should get Best Producer and Brisk should get Best DJ.

T~
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
797 posts
T~ has donated money to the site T~ has attended 1 event
Posted - 2006/06/01 :  23:31:45  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by Uproar:
Sharkey deserves Best MC and Outstanding Contribution. I reckon Gammer should get Best Producer and Brisk should get Best DJ.

i agree with brisk Being best DJ but vagabond should get best producer, the amount of amazing tunes hes made

chris_the_raver
Starting Member

United Kingdom
10 posts
chris_the_raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2006/06/04 :  11:28:42  Show profile  Send a private message
Defo going to this although i don't understand wot's going on with all these award ceremonies although i agree it can only do good things for hardcore awareness on the street. Perhaps these ppl slagging off the ordinary ravers by voting for hmv ( not responsible!!!) should take a bit more interest in things and actually vote then they might get the results they want to see. it's only a bit of fun and it's good for the dj's to get a pat on the back for the work they do producing and keeping us raving week in week out

chris_the_raver
Starting Member

United Kingdom
10 posts
Posted - 2006/06/04 :  13:52:05  Show profile  Send a private message
sorry ppl i meant slagging off the ordinary ravers for voting for hmv not by voting for hmv

clarke101
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,839 posts

185 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/06/04 :  18:47:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit clarke101's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Chris B:

How wrecked is the guy in the bottom left of that picture :P

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/06/05 :  09:34:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by chris_the_raver:
Perhaps these ppl slagging off the ordinary ravers by voting for hmv ( not responsible!!!) should take a bit more interest in things and actually vote then they might get the results they want to see.

If you had bothered to read my post properly...

quote:

I'll vote anyway

chris_the_raver
Starting Member

United Kingdom
10 posts
Posted - 2006/06/05 :  13:25:43  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Best Record Shop
2. HMV

Hahaha that's hilarious. Half of them don't even stock records The ones that do only stock the most commercial of the mainstream... I know that's good business sense from their point of view but really how do they get peoples votes in "best record shop" in a hardcore awards?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

innit mate cos a few pilled up ravers on there way to event decide to fill in form and as they dont even dj just pick out names they no, hmv sells the commercial cds so they'll not exactly put much thought into it

quote:

true it is jus fun thats what makes me laugh when some people take it serious.

Sharkey and ribbz are my favs also but the people want storm and whizzkid, it shows at events so i dont doubt they deserve it and defo would get the most votes.

I wont bother voting jus cos i really dont care about the results one bit, i jus couldnt even be arsed wasting my time.

But aye sharkey blatantly best mc, sittin down for hardcore at feb's raindance was one of my funniest rave moments lol

I was actually on about this bloke. He seemed to have a lot to say for someone that didn't care about the votes.

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/06/05 :  13:34:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage
Er... What? Don't know what your trying to say by quoting that stuff there...

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.06 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page