Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Scott Brown Confirms He's Mixing Bonkers 17
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
dj switchback

United Kingdom
363 posts
Posted - 2007/08/24 :  11:48:10  Show profile Send a private message View the linked resource
"More to follow..... The new Bonkers compilation has been confirmed. I'll add more details as and when I have them..."

So that will no doubt mean that he wont be on Hardcore Heaven 5. Which means the reported line up for that album is looking more and more likely.

Alert moderator
novaboy
Advanced Member

Australia
1,319 posts
Posted - 2007/08/24 :  12:19:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit novaboy's homepage
aww scott brown again :( hate to say it, but im sorta getting bored of his style.. :(

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2007/08/24 :  14:23:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage
I've never really listened to his mixes, he has a couple of good tracks but gabber and the like is not in my taste. It didn't come as a surprise to me though, that he would mix Bonkers 17.

My SOUNDCLOUD

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2007/08/24 :  18:52:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
im lookin forward to livewired more than owt

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/08/24 :  21:15:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
Gutted

Brainchild
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
Posted - 2007/08/24 :  23:09:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Brainchild's homepage
I assume that Hixxy and Sharkey will be doing CD's 1 and 2 like they have on almost all the previous albums. I hope Resist don't decide to have him do Hardcore Heaven. If I remember correctly, he did do both Bonkers and Hardcore Heaven last year. Both were released within a few weeks from each other.

I don't care much for his new mixes especially after his so called excuse for a Best of Bonkers mix. Barely an hour long and containing tracks almost entirely produced by himself, which as a whole weren't up to much. Kinda got the idea he didn't care about the whole Best of idea or just didn't want to hang around too long to make a propper attempt at his mix.

His tracks sound basically the same and I don't like his choice for tracks produced by other producers. I personally think they should bring back Dougal, the original 3rd Bonkers DJ but I know that won't happen.

Edited by - Brainchild on 2007/08/24 23:12:26
The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/08/24 :  23:33:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Brainchild:
I assume that Hixxy and Sharkey will be doing CD's 1 and 2 like they have on almost all the previous albums. I hope Resist don't decide to have him do Hardcore Heaven. If I remember correctly, he did do both Bonkers and Hardcore Heaven last year. Both were released within a few weeks from each other.

I don't care much for his new mixes especially after his so called excuse for a Best of Bonkers mix. Barely an hour long and containing tracks almost entirely produced by himself, which as a whole weren't up to much. Kinda got the idea he didn't care about the whole Best of idea or just didn't want to hang around too long to make a propper attempt at his mix.

His tracks sound basically the same and I don't like his choice for tracks produced by other producers. I personally think they should bring back Dougal, the original 3rd Bonkers DJ but I know that won't happen.

I do like SB but agree totally with what you've said! He seems more obsessed these days with his own albums! Apparantly on the grapevine, HH5 is Brisk, Joey Riot and Kev Energy! and B17 is Hixxy - Re-con (surprise) Sharkey and ? and SB and ? (the 2 ? are apparently from the real old days) But to me this just means the album is still months away! (xmas time maybe)

novaboy
Advanced Member

Australia
1,319 posts
Posted - 2007/08/25 :  02:19:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit novaboy's homepage
awwwwwwwwwwww reeeeeeconnnnnnnn...... -_-

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2007/08/25 :  02:29:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage
That is good news, about Re-Con! :D

My SOUNDCLOUD

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/08/25 :  05:09:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage
im still hoping for luna-c

dj switchback

United Kingdom
363 posts
Posted - 2007/08/25 :  08:58:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj switchback's homepage
There will be no Luna C due to some problems. Hopefully Arkitech will be back2back w/ Sharkey.

Not too sure about Re-Con doing it , i'd like it , but i've heard it's gonna be Squad-E this time.

HH5 will be the best from a mainstream point of view. Brisk , Riot & Energy. (As reported)

But there's only gonna be one album for me....Hardcore Underground Volume 2. The 3 TL's looks the best ever!! Talk about diversity and loads of artists....WOW.

Mr igloo

United States
277 posts
Posted - 2007/08/25 :  10:43:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mr igloo's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by dj switchback:
But there's only gonna be one album for me....Hardcore Underground Volume 2. The 3 TL's looks the best ever!! Talk about diversity and loads of artists....WOW.

I agree!

whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
whittle1 has donated money to the site whittle1 has attended 15 events
Posted - 2007/08/25 :  11:55:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage
I'm pleased SB continues his legacy with Bonkers :)
Wish that Luna-C was on B17 though, because it would be a good thing to give Bonkers a new and fresh direction.

novaboy
Advanced Member

Australia
1,319 posts
Posted - 2007/08/25 :  12:08:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit novaboy's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
I'm pleased SB continues his legacy with Bonkers :)
Wish that Luna-C was on B17 though, because it would be a good thing to give Bonkers a new and fresh direction.

i want squad e! and luna c! really want luna c.. and squad e instead of recon! i hate recons stuff! especially report to the bassline and his remix of save me.. sure hes talented but it gets on my nerves

Brainchild
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
Posted - 2007/08/25 :  12:09:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Brainchild's homepage
It'll be interesting to see what Hixxy comes up with for his mix as he's already doing another hardcore mix for a forth coming Resist album. I'm always worried that when a DJ does decide to do 2 albums that they'll use many of the same tracks on both. And with Hixxy being one for promotin his own label material, I fear this could be the case.

DarrenJ
Advanced Member

Australia
2,626 posts
DarrenJ has attended 12 events
Posted - 2007/08/25 :  12:25:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DarrenJ's homepage
I hope its scott brown by himself, no disrespect to gammer and neophyte lol

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.41 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page