of 8

Author Thread  
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/10/01 :  14:58:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Ordered mine. Just need to be patient now!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2012/10/01 :  16:26:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
I really didn't expect it to be so much but I can totally understand why, what a package!

However with a move to Devon within the next week I may have to accept the fact that I won't be 1 of the 100. Brutal!

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2012/10/01 :  21:43:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Shadow:
I really didn't expect it to be so much but I can totally understand why, what a package!

However with a move to Devon within the next week I may have to accept the fact that I won't be 1 of the 100. Brutal!

What yomoving to Devon for? I was in Devon a few weeks ago lol

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2012/10/02 :  05:50:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
quote:

What yomoving to Devon for? I was in Devon a few weeks ago lol

You fair get around don't you smoogie!

My girlfriends from there originally, she moved up my way a few years back but wants to get back down closer to her family. I guess its my turn to do the travelling. I must be fcuking mad!

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2012/10/02 :  10:25:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
My girlfriends from there originally, she moved up my way a few years back but wants to get back down closer to her family. I guess its my turn to do the travelling. I must be fcuking mad!

I live in Dorset, the next County along lol but I was in Torquay a few weeks ago. You should love Devon even Plymouth the largest city is a nice city! Try to pick up the West Country accent as well if you can

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2012/10/02 :  11:38:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
half of my family is in devon, south brent! :)

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/10/02 :  12:26:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
half of my family is in devon, inbred! :)

Fixed for you mate :-p

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2012/10/02 :  16:10:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
half of my family is in devon, inbred! :)

Fixed for you mate :-p

Haha! Your a bad man!

Give me a shout if your ever out that way dude. Hopefully get to some events close by. I need to get my raving shoes back on, seriously lost touch in the way of live events. I need to experience the sweet sound of live freeform once again!

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2012/10/02 16:13:52
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2012/10/02 :  16:11:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

I live in Dorset, the next County along lol but I was in Torquay a few weeks ago. You should love Devon even Plymouth the largest city is a nice city! Try to pick up the West Country accent as well if you can

It'll take a lot to break this Glaswegian accent!

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2012/10/02 :  17:36:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Sharkey is from Devon watch his Vicky Pollard impression hat should give you something trypical of a Devon accent. Its the country bumpkin slang you would need to get used to lol

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2012/10/02 :  21:05:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Sharkey is from Devon watch his Vicky Pollard impression hat should give you something trypical of a Devon accent. Its the country bumpkin slang you would need to get used to lol

I ashamed to say I didn't know Sharkey was from Devon. tbh I couldn't tell you where any Hardcore DJ/Producers come from, well apart from Scott Brown.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2012/10/02 :  22:59:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I ashamed to say I didn't know Sharkey was from Devon. tbh I couldn't tell you where any Hardcore DJ/Producers come from, well apart from Scott Brown.

Everyone knows where Scott Brown is from the name is a hint lol Marc Smith was also from Glasgow & Joey Riot somewhere else in Scotland.

I know that Hixxy is from Portsmouth, Sy & Unknown from Aldershot, lipmatt, Vibes & Darren Styles are from Essex (Styles being from Clacton which is where I will be in a few weeks), Brisk is from Southampton & Seduction is from London. Many of the earliest big names where from London or Essex and over seas you had countess guys from Rotterdam such as Paul Elstak & Americans such as Lenny Dee.

Breakbeat Jon
Average Member

United Kingdom
223 posts
Breakbeat Jon has attended 4 events
Posted - 2012/10/03 :  04:12:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Breakbeat Jon's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

I know that Hixxy is from Portsmouth,

along with Vinylgroover, Robbie Long lives across the water in Gosport, and Southampton is also home to Ramos, Supreme, Marley, Sunset Regime, DJ Mob and I think UFO.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2012/10/03 :  05:49:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Everyone knows where Scott Brown is from the name is a hint lol Marc Smith was also from Glasgow & Joey Riot somewhere else in Scotland.

I know that Hixxy is from Portsmouth, Sy & Unknown from Aldershot, lipmatt, Vibes & Darren Styles are from Essex (Styles being from Clacton which is where I will be in a few weeks), Brisk is from Southampton & Seduction is from London. Many of the earliest big names where from London or Essex and over seas you had countess guys from Rotterdam such as Paul Elstak & Americans such as Lenny Dee.

Oh how this thread has evolved Haha

Yeah Marc Smith is a Glasgow boy aswelll & im guessing Mr Riot was born in Glasgow being a fellow Celtic bhoy.

One thing that's always confused me something finally relevant to this thread...where exactly is Luna-C from?

I've always thought he was American then wandered how he could have had such an influencial label as Kniteforce with so many top English producers involved.

is he originally from the UK or even spend part of his life over here, or in actual fact run the label from across the pond. Just something I've never known for certain.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2012/10/03 :  07:52:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
is he originally from the UK or even spend part of his life over here, or in actual fact run the label from across the pond. Just something I've never known for certain.

It dosn't say on Discogs where his from. My money is on the London area.

I also forgot to mention Bass Generator is from Newcastle and was more famous there than Ant and Dec would be! You also had people like Ellis Dee who was from Leamington Spa, he went down the Jungle path along with DJ Hype who was also from Essex. I have also been getting into some of LTJ Bukum's sets and he is also from London, again more early Jungle side of things.

And Fireshadow, I think I told you once there was an Happy Hardcore act from Paisley called The Project who had a tune on Bonkers 4 'My sweet thing' which Dougal famously 'faded out' of. Talking of Dougal anyone know where he is from?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.22 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page