Total online 1577
 Radio listeners 164+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 PPF 2013 *STATUS*-Album Previews & Artwork Now Up!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 19

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2012/11/27 :  20:49:17  Show profile Send a private message View the linked resource
*PROJECT STATUS* - Album Previews & Artwork Now Up!:

Album Previews & Artwork - https://soundcloud.com/ppf2013

All feedback is greatly appreciated so please everyone get involved & let us know what your all thinking so far...

Well its the 1st Feb and that can only mean one thing, the track submission stage is at an end. Its now time for me to start building what is shaping up to be an awesome album.

I have to say a huge thanks to everyone who took the time to get involved. This project could have fallen on its ass from the word go seeing as the site activity/members have changed so much since the first album all those years ago. The response has been immense. Also to those of you who even decided to pay for your own mastering thanks again, that's been a huge help & it just goes to show the effort that you guys have put in.

What I've decided to do is make this an annual project kicking things off at the start of Dec every year so please bare this in mind on your production ventures throughout the year. If you have any WIP tracks that need feedback, or even finished tracks you'd like to submit anytime between now & Dec feel free to send them to me at [email protected]

Seeing as this will be an annual thing ive also decided to reduce the album to one single un-mixed CD & one mixed. This way every addition will feature only the very best tracks that have been received & therefor keep the overall quality as high as this sort of project possibly can be!

Since starting the project ive had some serious computer issues & as a result its not looking likely i'll have any material to feature on the album which personally is really harsh, however ive decided instead to take control of the mixed CD & put all my effort/frustration into this & that way I can still get just as involved.

If all goes to plan you'll have the album in your digital hands by 1st of March & i'll be sure to keep you all regularly updated on the project progress. Thanks again & take it easy...

- ALBUM TITLE: The Past. The Present. The Future 2013 (HHC.com members Free Album)

- ALBUM LAYOUT:

1 Unmixed CD

1 Mixed CD

- TRACK SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 1st Feb 2013

- GENRE'S: UK/Happy Hardcore, Freeform, Gabber, Rave Breaks, Breakbeat, Drum & Bass.

- TRACK SUBMISSIONS: Feel free to submit as many tracks as you like but only the best of all submissions will make the album.

- SUBMISSION FILE TYPE: Full quality WAV files only please!

- DJ: Ken Masters

- NOTE: Please keep all submissions 100% original. Remixes of tracks from outside HHC.com are allowed but I will seek full permission from the original artist. Please provide their contact details when submitting remixes.

DO NOT post any of your tracks/WIP in this thread or anywhere else! Send them to me only by PM or you can e-mail me at [email protected]

*ORIGINAL THREAD*

well well well, fancy another? Some may remember the original, some may not.

Basically a few years back we put together a completely free Happy/Upfront Hardcore & Freeform album featuring 2 unmixed & 1 mixed "CD" (I use the term CD loosely as for obvious reasons it never made physical form).

Each track on the album was produced by our very own HHC.com members & i'm sure everyone who remember's the first will agree it turned out to be a nice little project.

Now have a think about the progress that everyone's made since that original album was first spoke of in December 2008. It's been 4 years since we started piecing the first together! 4 years! I think it's only right that we dust off the ball & get it rolling again don't you?

First off i'd like to point out that the title PPF 2 was just to gather some attention. We can call it whatever we like. I've also noticed that there doesn't seem to be any HHC.com projects planned or in process at the minute, am I right?

I'm sure a lot of you will have tracks either started, half finished or even completed & if so please bare them in mind for this project. I'd also like to add that if your just starting to produce or are considering giving it a go, get involved! I'm sure everyone will agree that the first project was a great opportunity for ameatur HHC.com producers (myself included). It gave us something to work towards & learn from. It was just as useful for the more accomplished producers also as every artist needs projects to focus on to continue to move forward.

At the minute I really just want to start picking your pickled brains for some ideas & see how we get on. Without me going into too much detail let's just throw some ideas around & see what comes of it..

Feel free to get any questions/suggestions out in the open. It all helps, after all it is everyones album.

*Number of "CD's" (Unmixed & Mixed)
*Album Name
*Genres
*Artwork (there's a certain chap who im sure can handle this)
*etc
*etc..

1st PPF thread - http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=44240

*EDIT* - ALL EDITS & MAJOR PROJECT UPDATES WILL BE MADE TO THIS POST SO BE SURE TO KEEP CHECKING BACK !

Alert moderator

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2013/02/20 07:12:58
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2012/11/27 :  21:10:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
fantastic idea, also - I fixed the links in the other thread so now you can still download them :)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2012/11/27 :  21:24:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
Nice work dude, & I figured you'd like the sounds of this ;)

It'll be interesting to see just how far everyone's come aswell as checking out the new talent that HHC.com has to offer.

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2012/11/28 08:00:01
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2012/11/27 :  22:38:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
Sick idea.

The quality of producers on this forum now is seriously high!

I was going to post my download links to the first one as well, but Rowan beat me to it. Slut.

Lorenzo.Tweakn
Advanced Member

United States
1,327 posts
Lorenzo.Tweakn has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/11/27 :  23:20:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lorenzo.Tweakn's homepage
i'm in!

Josephson_Junction
Advanced Member

United States
512 posts
Posted - 2012/11/27 :  23:29:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Josephson_Junction's homepage
If you want, I can handle the artwork. I even have an idea for a mascot. If it matters at all, I did the artwork for 7D: Best Of.

Genres and CDs... Maybe one CD for UK Hardcore, one for Freeform, one for Gabber, one for oldschool (e.g. what Hardcore James is producing), and one or two mixes? Or maybe combine UK Hardcore and Freeform into one CD and Gabber along with oldschool onto another, depending and how many tracks are submitted.

Speaking of tracks, I have two or three I could contribute.

Album name... not sure on that one. Maybe we could just call it "R" and slap a stylized letter R on the front. :P It'll be recognizable, that's for sure!

Edit: The result of sheer boredom:

Edited by - Josephson_Junction on 2012/11/28 14:18:18
Dante
Advanced Member

Vatican City State (Holy See)
1,185 posts
Posted - 2012/11/28 :  03:33:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dante's homepage
This album obviously needs to have something reminiscent of REAL hardcore, i.e. early 90s breaks ;p

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2012/11/28 :  04:23:16  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Sticked :)

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2012/11/28 :  08:03:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Sticked :)

nice one Silver, appreciate it!

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2012/11/28 :  08:12:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dante:
This album obviously needs to have something reminiscent of REAL hardcore, i.e. early 90s breaks ;p

If someone gets down to producing it then by all means. The scene has become so varied since the last album was made! It would be nice to have a general mix of it all but again its down to the tracks we have to work with.

I agree with Mr junction with trying to split the cd's into genres or 2 combined genres but again it'll all be down to the tracks submitted.

As for artwork, there's a certain someone who made a great job of the last album & its only fair he would get first rights if he wants it but im sure we can get you involved in one way or another mate.

D-tor
Advanced Member

United States
1,143 posts
Posted - 2012/11/28 :  08:14:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit D-tor's homepage
I'm in, I loved the first PPF, many of you guys made great songs on that album.

I do like the idea of The Past, The Present, The Future 2 as the title of the project.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2012/11/28 :  10:34:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by D-tor:
I'm in, I loved the first PPF, many of you guys made great songs on that album.

I do like the idea of The Past, The Present, The Future 2 as the title of the project.

glad you liked it & good to see you'll be involved this time round.

I'm leaning more towards sticking with the PPF title & layout & having a mixture of styles across all CD's, but any other suggestions are more than welcome...

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/11/28 :  13:02:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage
Sounds exciting! Look forward to seeing how it manifests!

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2012/11/28 :  13:12:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
Sounds exciting! Look forward to seeing how it manifests!

it'll be good to have you onboard Olly, you've come a long way since the last, im sure we all have.

I've got a feeling this could be something pretty special & should prove to be on another level compared to the original.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2012/11/28 :  13:16:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
If anyone has any finished tracks & would like to submit them to feature on the album be sure to send them my way...

....otherwise get started :)

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2012/11/28 :  13:57:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Josephson_Junction:
one for oldschool (e.g. what The Dopeman is producing)

do my tracks sound like oldschool?? never really noticed

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 19 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 15  16  17  18  19
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.88 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page