Total online 1831
 Radio listeners 190+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 Muffin Music: Literally Everything (Not Literally)
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/06/28 :  01:50:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
Dont understand why gammer always tries to be funny with his cd titles.

What don't you understand? It's his easy going approach to music that makes him so appealing. Being such a prominent talent in the scene but being modest enough not to take himself too seriously, its admirable :)

Are you high right now?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2014/06/28 :  08:23:29  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
He's an arrogant bellend in person though.

I can assure you he's anything but arrogant.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/06/28 :  09:11:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah, I've known him for over ten years and that's not a descriptor I'd be using. Frankly I'm thrilled that my level of public facing involvement is discussions I either initiate or opt in to. I don't think I'd like to have to smile sweetly, and display due tact, week in, week out, at every chance encounter when working irrespective of circumstance. *Shudders*

CDJay

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/06/28 :  09:11:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
quote:
He's an arrogant bellend in person though.

I can assure you he's anything but arrogant.

I obviously don't know him like you do, but in my experience he comes across very arrogant.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/06/28 :  09:13:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Thank god you've never met *me* when I've had a few and am on the pulpit.

edit: Looping back to the album; I really like the cover. It's in keeping with the feel of the label and the title genuinely made me laugh. Fracus spat lemonade on his keyboard upon receipt. I like the offhand nature of it, whilst allowing for the slightly subversive hint at tendencies for literal interpretation.

More importantly when we sat and went through tracks I spent half the time going "*THAT* was never released ?!?!?!?!" which bodes well for this project being entirely worthy.

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2014/06/28 09:16:13
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/06/28 :  09:19:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Thank god you've never met *me* when I've had a few and am on the pulpit.

CDJay

I don't go to church, and I don't think I ever will now :-D

Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2014/06/28 :  09:56:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage  Reply with quote
Ill be buying this also along with the other cds in the bundle. If this was an upto date gammer album id probaly think twice. That being said id say these set of tracks were when gammer was at his best.

Lara B/Galaxia
www.soundcloud.com/dimples-80

Producer of hardcore, house, trance and hardstyle [2005-2023]

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/07/28 :  20:57:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Wasn't this supposed to be released already?

Also, now that We Killed The Rave Remix received scathing reviews, I sure hope that its removal on soundcloud is also an indication that there's a chance it could get removed from the album. I bet both Gammer and Styles never thought they'd get those type of responses, which makes me all the more glad that they did really.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2014/07/29 :  07:47:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/news/read/id/19

**LAUNCH BUNDLE 6 - SHIPPING DELAY**

We have to, with heavy hearts, apologise profusely and report a delay in shipping the 'Launch Bundle 6' items to you, which we were expecting to be able to do this week.

There have been various issues totally out of our control that could ONLY have been dealt with by forcing some serious cutting of corners to take place on one of these projects, or cancelling it altogether, and ultimately we had to make the call that yet another delay was the (slightly) lesser of two evils.

We have always prided ourselves on allowing the artists we work with to release the albums THEY want to, in full, without compromising. If that means we are unable to meet our deadlines and we end up in this position (again), then we have had to allow the time for that to happen. It's been the only way to insure YOU get the album you expect, to the standard you expect, and the artist gets to put out the album they wanted to release.

Everything is happily now complete, and we're away to press, so all being well we will have stock back and ready to ship in the next 14 days or so. You'll love them. They're (almost) worth all the stress.

I know it's s**t. Believe me. We've really tried our very best to keep these CDs on track, especially given the issues we've had with delays before. We're consoling ourselves with the fact that one of these projects very nearly didn't happen at all, and when the dust settles, hopefully you'll be glad that the plug didn't get pulled and we got stuff done so you have three more top notch albums, not two and refund.

We've always found honesty to be the best policy when it comes to these things, and whilst not one of you has complained as yet, we felt we owed you an explanation as we knew what sort of delay we were looking at.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/07/29 :  09:08:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Speculations: If it's to get the remix off the album, why should he bother? He loves to make statements against 'hater's, and people are propably still gonna buy anyways. So if the track is really taken of the album, isn't he being a huge hypocrit?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2014/07/29 :  12:41:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't think that's it. I think this message was posted before the track was put up

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/07/29 :  13:16:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
I'd imagine it would be more hassle then it's worth to remove it now. And there are probably enough people that like it enough to keep it on there.
You never know, that could have just been a really dodgy clip and ended before the best bit. I mean, it might be pie in the sky but still...

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/07/29 :  14:02:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
I wonder which album almost never happened? I'd be perfectly content if it was Klubbed Up. Might have to skip that one.

And has Gammer been doing any promotion at all on his own album? I don't see any mention of it on his facebook page. I would have thought that at he would promote his own album from his own defunct label more.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2014/07/29 :  15:23:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
He posted something like

'This is a real thing, no joke' and a picture of the cover, something along those lines anyway, when it was first put up for order

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/07/30 :  14:10:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Sorry everyone, only just seen this (why on *earth* has it been moved into here ).

Yeah, delayed as the necessary assets for one of the albums weren't available in the required timeframe. It doesn't matter which one it is, as they have to be manufactured and ship together in order to make the price point.

Not removing any tracks from anything.

CDJay

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.8 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page