Radio listeners 158+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Oldskool VS Nuskool

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
oldskool Happy Hard Dj's Should Revive the Oldskool Classics. Agree/Disagree 'Cos much of Today's 'new' Happy Hard seems more focused on the repetitive 4/4 beat rather than the break beats and Jungle/BreakbeatTechno/Ultrabeat sequence

I Can Never Face Another Day.....Yeah....If there ain't no raver's groove to let me play...."
Soren Well I don't know about anywhere else, but in America jungle is pretty damn popular and Nu Scool Breaks are also getting very popular (at least on the East coast). I think ppl just started to separate music into more definable genres.

But I agree, it would be fun to revive old school. There are 2 problems though. One is that no one is making old school anymore (with rare exceptions) so that any music you play will be old and you won't get any fresh music so spinning it might get a tad boring. And two, even though it's still relatively easy to get Old school records if you don't already have a good collection those records are normally pretty darned expensive ($15-$40 US)

^_^

ladd its really rare to hear music that consciously goes backwards. . . but i think it would be interesting to reintegrate some of old skool's qualities into what we have today.

odayakana mizu no nagare wa ****i.
sunrize i really dont think redoing old school classics would be such a good idea, because we need new music. but creating new tracks with an old skool influence, that is cool.. just so it stays up to date. we'll never progress if we are constantly looking at the past.

Oh, and check http://bassquake.co.uk for "new" oldskool.

peace,
sunrize
http://djsunrize.com
http://happycrap.vinylunderground.com
DJ e-Klyps I found a copy of "jungle mainia" the other day, and it was what started off my journey into underground music. Anyway i put it on and the memories came flooding back, i think a bit of old skool/jungle mixed into sets is ok but what we have in the UK is dedicated old skool rooms which are wicked, the only thing that lacks is jungle here. Its all D&B now.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect
GT I absoultuely LOVE oldskool! Bring it back!!!!!

================
'You picked me up, and swept me away....'
oldskool
quote:
Originally posted by GT:

I absoultuely LOVE oldskool! Bring it back!!!!!

================

Thanks for your comments, but I'm not gay

I Can Never Face Another Day.....Yeah....If there ain't no raver's groove to let me play...."
GT He he, very funny!

================

It took 0.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page