Radio listeners 169+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Events: Rest of the world
 Boycotts! why?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DJ e-Klyps I have noticed just lately that there has been a lot of calls be certain people to boycott events.
Now im not having a go at anyone, especially not the guy who wrote the Boycott skelter post. The other day i recieved an email from a bloke who was calling for people to sign his petition against Slammin Vinyl.

His basic point was that Slammin Vinyl are all about making money and never give any up and coming DJ's a chance. Also that they take the crowds away from the smaller nights about. While a did agree with the bit about up and coming DJ's being ignored or put in a small arena all on their own. I did agree that putting on one or two up and comings on at the beginning of a night in the main arena is a good idea.

However i do feel that trying to get people to not go an event or to sign a petition against an event is silly. If someone has a problem with an event then contact them personally and they will probably deal with it.
A prime example of this is Raindance who had to cancel an event at the last moment, they encouraged people to phone them if they had any problems etc. On the slammin Vinyl web site it a section for comments and suggestions and they do listen to it. They dropped MC Smilee because people aired their dislike to his style.

If u have a problem with an event, let the promoter know in person not by a boycott or petition. Boycotts and petitions will dicourage people from goin to events and them people might actaully enjoy it. After all if people didnt they wouldnt go and they event would end.

Sorry to go on like this but i felt summin needed to be said, there is too much negativity in the scene these days, especially in the UK.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect
StrifeII Totally dude. What i'm thinkin is, i bet top dj's like slipmatt, brisk, mark e.g etc all started off in their bedrooms or attics learning to mix & scratch. I bet ya they got their first gig @ summet like helter and were upcoming dJ's too, just like you said. I mean, im 12 and i'm gettin dexxx for xmas so i could easily be quite a good DJ because of my age. But i bet i wont get a look in before everyone else barges in! (Its the same every day ha ha ha)

WE REALLY SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. I BET A GOOD NO. OF YOU WANNA B DJ'S, SAME WITH ME.

REBEL!!! REBEL!!! REBEL!!!

each time i see your face your smile is shining through I cant help the way i feel and its all because of you
GT I'm sure we've already had a posting asking not to post whilst under the influence of drugs...

================
'You picked me up, and swept me away....'
DJ e-Klyps Who did u think was under the influence?

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect
GT Our Robert here.

================
coopertrooper I take it you'll be paying £25 for a ticket to Helter Skelter then DJ e-clipse?

Free Your Mind...
coopertrooper I take it you'll be paying £25 for a ticket to Helter Skelter then DJ e-clipse? :)

Free Your Mind...
silver You can't except a promotor to put new DJ's in the main room, you have to prove yourself, DJing in your bedroom and DJ using a massive sound system is really different and if you don't get it right you screw up and there is nothing worse than a bad mix into a killer track. But again everyone starts somewhere, There is two quick ways to get playing at parties if you are unknown.

1. Put on your own parties.
2. Help out at other parties (setup and such), for payment ask for a DJ spot.
DJ e-Klyps The fact that Helter Skelter is only doin hardcore in manchester means that it is impractical for me to go. However u seem to have missed my point. I was trying to say, whats the point in telling people to boycott events. If they dont like them they wont go, no need to tell them and start a hate campaign against them.

If Skelter are so evil (as u are trying to imply), then why after they left the scene did it nearly die. They were one of the very few events which stuck with hardcore when all the other promoters dropped it (remember dreamscape).

I just think its out of order that people slag off promoters when they devote a lot of time to the scene. Dave Prattley of HSO gave up 10 years of his life to promoting parties, he did not have a holiday for 10 years. Now he is working in conjunction with others i can fully understand why he wants to take it easy for a while and spend time with his kid.

Give the HSO team a break.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect
StrifeII Oi GT ya twat im 12 years old not 21 or whatever

each time i see your face your smile is shining through I cant help the way i feel and its all because of you
GT Kin hell Rob, calm down boy. The present in the post indicated that I was taking the piss. Chill lad, chill!

================
StrifeII
quote:
Originally posted by GT:

Kin hell Rob, calm down boy. The present in the post indicated that I was taking the piss. Chill lad, chill!

================

Ooops... heh heh....i just dont really like predjudiced ppl. Soz GT.

GT Don't worry lad. As for the prejudice, I'm only 17 meself, so I know you feel.

================
coopertrooper Dj e-clipse- Listen I hardly think that posting an opinion on a bulletin board on the internet means that I am conducting a "hate campaign" against Helter Skelter. Get real mate! A bit of debate is healthy I think instead of people not questioning things.

Free Your Mind...
Soren Yeah!!! Lets boycott these anti-boycotting boycotters so the boycotters don't get boycotted from boycotting!!! ^_^

GT
quote:
Originally posted by Soren:

Yeah!!! Lets boycott these anti-boycotting boycotters so the boycotters don't get boycotted from boycotting!!! ^_^

*Scratches head* I need to lie down after reading that...

================
DJ e-Klyps Post an opinion fair enough, but call for event boycotts!!!! Who do u think should get real. Try not to get to vexed, i was just standing up for one of the pioneers of the underground dance scenes in this country.

Peace. e-Klyps

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect

Edited by - DJ e-Klyps on 17 Apr 2001 13:25:34
coopertrooper Listen mate, there's no way I'm letting you have the last word on this one ;)

Dave Prattley may have "given up 10 years of his life promoting parties" and (sob) "not had a holiday for 10 years" but I bet he made a few bob out of all his hard work and is probably having a nice rest these days (and fair play to him) whilst the people who bought Helter Skelter tickets, bomber jackets, tape packs etc are still working their arses off.

so there!

Free Your Mind...
DJ e-Klyps U can have the last word on this, i dont mind but "so there". I mean, please i dont want to turn this into a personal attack and im not goin to.

As i said b4 "peace"

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect
coopertrooper the "so there" was ironic

so there! & peace etc etc

Free Your Mind...
crutey As some of you are under 18 as am i. How can i get to events? If i order tickets and turn up will i get in or will they ask for id?

DJ e-Klyps There is a chance they will ask for ID, but if they do just go to the back of the queue again. You should get in eventually.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect
crutey ne1 goin to bowlers from the runcorn area ( near liverpool) who could gimme a hand gettin there?

It took 1.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page