Total online 959
 Radio listeners 164+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Rumors
 DJ Rankin and Sean Apollo steal their tunes?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
meshblorg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avCDNqwaufY&NR

I watched this video on youtube about DJ Rankin and how he steals songs and calls them his own by speeding them up and adding his signature phrase, "DJ Rankin in the mix mother ****er." Makes me angry! But is this true? Dave McCullen's "Rave Heaven" is a real song that I have. I also have "Hardcore Vibes" song by Dune.

I also heard a rumor that Sean Apollo steals his tunes and beats. I love his song with DJ Peryton called "Invade" though. Does "Invade" have stolen music in it?
Phobz Yea it is true mate, he's a kid with no skills at all. He just plays other peoples songs that have had so much hard work put into them then takes all the credit and gets respect from kids because they don't have a clue. No biggy atleast we know this :)

I seriously doubt sean apollo steals tunes, he is skilled. I'm sure he's pretty respected in the hardcore world. Can't seem to get it clicking tho lol :)
Mortis Rankind does, Apollo doesn't.
bulby_g
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
Rankind does, Apollo doesn't.

Yup.

Don't know where you got that idea about Apollo!
swansea247 apollo stealing music? never.
Da Cunney Bugz dance is all about changing, remixin, adding and taking, making it your own, its just that idiot does it to the extreme and it's utter shite
silver Rankin steals

Apollo rocks
Underloop How you can compare the 2 I don't know! Sean produces his own beats, and has done right from the start. He can in no way be compared to Skankin!
NeXuS I remember Comet and Infinitron goin on a rant about Apollo in the past :P

For me, if they are now making a positive influence in the scene by respectable ways I dont care what they did in the past.
meshblorg
quote:
Originally posted by NeXuS:
I remember Comet and Infinitron goin on a rant about Apollo in the past :P

For me, if they are now making a positive influence in the scene by respectable ways I dont care what they did in the past.

really? a rant? What do you mean?
NeXuS
quote:
Originally posted by meshblorg:
really? a rant? What do you mean?

Just a bunch of crap thats in the past, if you want to know details your gonna have to contact them ;)
djDMS Comet never comes on here now.

And Apollo must be too much of a star to bother with us little people anymore.
lucificifus
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
And Apollo must be too much of a star to bother with us little people anymore.

Apollo is busy spreadin the hardcore up in the Midwest!
Sean Apollo *Sigh*

Thanks for not listening to stupid crap guys, thats why I always loved hhc.com, people are smart enough to know whats right and wrong. haha.

Yes all of my stuff is mine, no I do not rip off anything, and no I do not smell like a wet dog...wait what?!

Well anyways, thanks for being awesome and sticking up guys! Massive respect!
Ionosphere Sean is a very talented guy who doesn't need to rip-off other people's work.

so yeh, if you hear anyone putting that sh*t about just tell them to F*ck Off!
Mad Max seans tunes are class from what i have heard
djDMS Big difference between just wholesale stealing of a tune and using ideas/influences from others.

Plenty do both - but it's the latter that's acceptable.
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Big difference between just wholesale stealing of a tune and using ideas/influences from others.

Well said.

At the end of the day someone who takes an idea someone and runs with it turning it into something of their own deserves praise. Even if the original idea was someone elses to beging with. One who blatently steals something and says it's their own is plain and simple a fraud.

Righteous9 Are you guys talkin' about production or spinning? Besides I've only heard Sean Apollo on a label... Who the hell is Rankin?
Compulsion apollo steals chairs from old people..

he also ate my last rolo.....bastard
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by Compulsion:
apollo steals chairs from old people..

he also ate my last rolo.....bastard

NeXuS Unacceptable...

*makes a 30 min video on Apollo*
milo Apollo steals peoples hearts, but not their tunes.
Sean Apollo Compulsion that was MY rolo...accept it.
Compulsion
quote:
Originally posted by Sean Apollo:
Compulsion that was MY rolo...accept it.

Give me back my chair
Underloop I bet it was him who stole mine too!
Jay-Owen What's that in your hand Apollo? OMG, my car keys!
Sean Apollo *runs*

HAHA I HAVE YOUR CHAIRS AND CAR!!!!
Uproar You might have everyone's chairs, but I have your wig! Muwhaa! Muwhaa!
NeXuS And I got your name!

*Steals Sean*
Sean Apollo *bald*

GIVE ME BACK MY HAIR!
Jay-Owen -while apollo tries to get his wig back, I hotwire his car and escape with all his stuff (including all the chairs he stole)-
Dj Esi rankin sucks cock :D and the funny thing is everybody knows it ~*rols on flor laughing rofl*
NeXuS
quote:
Originally posted by Dj Esi:
rankin sucks cock :D

I wonder if he will ever try and redeem himself.
And I wonder if anyone well ever take him serious again :P
djDMS Well he did try, with the announcement of his so called 'original' album. But that seems to have disappeared without trace for whatever reason.

Thing is, with the amount of popularity he's gained from his dodgy deeds - why would he want to give it up?

The one thing that we hate him for is the one thing that so many kids love him for!
Mortis ^^ Thats very true. Rankin maybe a cock end of the highest oreder but loads of people know who he is, he gets bookings & plays at clubs (all be it to kids). So in his mind I guess it's a case of "fcuk you internet music geeks, if it aint broke why should I fix it?"
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
^^ Thats very true. Rankin maybe a cock end of the highest oreder but loads of people know who he is, he gets bookings & plays at clubs (all be it to kids). So in his mind I guess it's a case of "fcuk you internet music geeks, if it aint broke why should I fix it?"

yeh but would anyone ever relese his stuff on vinyl coz if he is popular then before we know it we will have Rankin and Cammy mixing the Bonkers in year to come!
Underloop tbh, the only place the name Rankin has entered my vision has been here on these boards (and other net boards). I've never seen him on any events that I have been to or considered, or event any events that I've validated on the site.

"His" tunes have never been played by any of the DJs I have listened to, and in fact when I first heard his name I had to go out of my way to actually listen to one.

The likes of Rankin or Cammy will never become part of the "mainstream" hardcore scene, purely down to the fact that nobody likes them except the teeny boppers who have nil influence on the scene.

As for getting records released, I would imagine that the likes of Brisk, Dune and anybody who's tunes he uses (including the labels that released them) would be down on Rankin, whatever label releases it and the pressing plant as soon as they caught wind of it, so it just isn't going to happen. If it did then with any luck it may mean the end of Rankin's musical career.
SixFeet
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:
If it did then with any luck it may mean the end of Rankin's musical career.

It already has happened:

"A message was posted on DJ Rankin's website in early 2006 claiming the album had been delayed 'due to a change of studio and management' although it is widely believed the true reason was a dispute between DJ Rankin and the studio when his album was being created over unpaid studio fees which has apparently led to court proceedings.

Examples of the new material which he posted on his website still contained uncleared samples from other songs, such as the vocal part from 'Summer Jam' by 'Underdog Project'."

Also that huge under 18's event in Northern Ireland that used to book him aswell as the majority that did have stopped due to pressure from his copyright infringement.

Apollo does steal tracks!! He stole all my scaletrix

And he kicked my dog......
Dj Esi two things to ask one what is the sample that he usue in all his songs sounds to me like im insane im im im insane or sumink like dat i wanna know who they belong to the lyrics coz they dont belong to him and also spam his website :P

www.dj-rankin.co.uk
Dj Esi we can even send him hate mail :D

Gordon Rankin
Flat 168
Cow Wynd
Falkirk
FK1 5EA
UK
Taiko Smashed up my sisters phone tonight because she played one of their shitty "remixes" of Timebomb.

That's 4 of hers I've smashed for the same reason, and she still hasn't got the idea. Any help would be aprpeciated if it isn't too late already...
Sk8SiM
quote:
Originally posted by Taiko:
Smashed up my sisters phone tonight because she played one of their shitty "remixes" of Timebomb.

That's 4 of hers I've smashed for the same reason, and she still hasn't got the idea. Any help would be aprpeciated if it isn't too late already...

WHAT TIMEBOMB!!!

OMG... anything but that!!!

Thats it... the guys getting SPAMMED!

BASTARD!
Mad Max a rankin bashing thread on ush.net
http://www.ush.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=197086&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

check out the girls in the dj rankin knickers lol
Audio X Good lord... people are still talking about this? Someone should just sticky the 30-page monstrosity from about three years ago and have an end to it.
Dj Esi i spammed his whole forum every page every topic lol would have taking him ages to remove lol was so funny :D
Meph751 I still don't understand why you guys don't like listening to two non lined up tracks layered on top of each other...
gabbe Hey i like ur songs too apollo!!

But who is rankin? Name a song he have "made" ...
gabbe oh im sorry, didnt watch the movie... sorry!
gabbe And how can people think 'his' songs are good? its really bad and sucks hell, he has no feeling... no rythm..

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr3366Uo-M0&mode=related&search=
It's good! I Like the song " Rankin is a SHHH Cammy is a SHHH Zitkus is a SHH..."
chrissy-moore I've heard about this wan. When rankin started he did what most djs usin acid pro now do, just putin a tune oan nd puttin some pellas in. But am not sure what he does now, though i've herd hez not bad live.
jenks ^^ He can't mix, so I doubt it. He chats more waffles than birdseye... he says most DJ's do what he does when they started, but he's full of shit... the little kids who listen to his crap believe it though, mainly because it doesn't seem any of them can distinguish between a DJ and a producer.
Jay-Owen
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Max:
a rankin bashing thread on ush.net
http://www.ush.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=197086&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

check out the girls in the dj rankin knickers lol

That site looks exactly the same as my other forums website. Check it out for yourself. httP://www.blackdiamondnetwork.net/forums/
Comet I love when I'm randomly dragged into a topic! Oh, the joys of HappyHardcore.com!
milo hi comet
Comet
quote:
Originally posted by milo:
hi comet

Hello there, Jeff. Long time no talk!

edit: sorry i hit edit instead of quote, no changes were made =P
NeXuS
quote:
Originally posted by Comet:
I love when I'm randomly dragged into a topic! Oh, the joys of HappyHardcore.com!

Yea that was my fault :(
roundhead711 rankin isnt hardcore!!! so he shudnt be metioned on here
Apollo is mint though especially "all the time" - sean apollo
Keep it hardcore people :)
Underloop Good lord, its Comet!!! *waves*
djterror Shit dont get me started on Rankin,,This kid needs a slap,,

Ripping other artists work off
milo
quote:
Originally posted by Comet:
quote:
Originally posted by milo:
hi comet

Hello there, Jeff. Long time no talk!

Yes, it seems like you disappeared from aim... or changed your name, or blocked me =P
Project-Industrial *shoot rankin* BOOM HEADSHOT! :)
Blow Pops Rankin takes good songs and mutilates them. He adds all this stupid stuff to them and makes them trash.

And he's a theif.
Project-Industrial
quote:
Originally posted by NeXuS:
quote:
Originally posted by Dj Esi:
rankin sucks cock :D

I wonder if he will ever try and redeem himself.
And I wonder if anyone well ever take him serious again :P

i wonder why he is still alive.. could say he would hang imself for this ^^;;

anyway.. ppl check out youtube search for djstuey .. very annoyin.. seems like a rankin copycat.. or wait.. is rankin changin names :O .. who knows :p
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by dj bugbear:
*shoot rankin* BOOM HEADSHOT! :)

i got summat thats really gonna piss u off m8, read the first paragraph...

www.dj-rankin.co.uk

dont ask me how i know his website, long story, anyway...
rankins releasing an album.
Project-Industrial
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
quote:
Originally posted by dj bugbear:
*shoot rankin* BOOM HEADSHOT! :)

i got summat thats really gonna piss u off m8, read the first paragraph...

www.dj-rankin.co.uk

dont ask me how i know his website, long story, anyway...
rankins releasing an album.

omg thats great news :O now artists can sue him big time! :D they can ruin his life by takin all his money :O whohooo big fokin chance..

ps: i blame my cursin on beein dutch ^_^
dj_deano My real name is Vidal Sasson.
jack5724 Rankin Music is Fake Hardcore
Ken Masters DJ Rankin Is an ****ing disgrace to the scottish hardcore scene! Because of the amount of cheap ****s living in scotland they need to file share instead of buying good hardcore! They think they will get the same quality of tune but in reality they'll get a couple of rapping chipmunks over a hardcore beat! What the hell has happened! This goon has lead so many young ravers a stray & I personaly can't see a way back! I know we get Fantazia & Back to the future & pull in some big name acts but it's only the older the people who know all about the scene & how to stay true to it! but I don't know how long this can go on!
drivebye do these people actualy get bookings then?!!?!? .. ie ranking nd people?
Chris B
quote:
Originally posted by DjFall:
do these people actualy get bookings then?!!?!? .. ie ranking nd people?

rankin in dublin
Dumfries_stace sorry but can i just ask.. who the hell is classing rankin as a hardcore dj... he lives in alloa... plays on his comp all day long... ***** others songs up with his ee ii e ii oh! that aint a dj in the first place... n it certainly aitn HARDCORE!!!
drivebye hes has a HUGE crowd tho!

looks on the same scale to .. say Radio 1 tent at leeds festival!

crazeeeee
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by narcotik:
DJ Rankin Is an ****ing disgrace to the scottish hardcore scene! Because of the amount of cheap ****s living in scotland they need to file share instead of buying good hardcore! They think they will get the same quality of tune but in reality they'll get a couple of rapping chipmunks over a hardcore beat! What the hell has happened! This goon has lead so many young ravers a stray & I personaly can't see a way back! I know we get Fantazia & Back to the future & pull in some big name acts but it's only the older the people who know all about the scene & how to stay true to it! but I don't know how long this can go on!

great idea mate...

why don't someone of us actually buy the album, and ****ing ripp it and post it everywhere :o
Dj Fonz
quote:
Originally posted by narcotik:
DJ Rankin Is an ****ing disgrace to the scottish hardcore scene! Because of the amount of cheap ****s living in scotland they need to file share instead of buying good hardcore!

All i can say to that is get to **** you complete wanker!
xspade Hardcore vibes is an awsome song!
Brian K
quote:
Originally posted by xspade:
Hardcore vibes is an awsome song!

way to stay on topic
SPOOX Sean Apollo's Stuff rocks! I got a few tracks like RAISE IT UP, WE DON'T STOP & CLONECORE & it's top stuff. I accidently downloaded some of the DJ Rankin Shite by mistake off Limewire. What a way to ruin perfectly good choons. I might be wrong but if my memory is correct there is another one called DJ Two-Can. I apologise if i'm wrong cos it was a while ago!!
silver ^^^ You shouldn't have been downloading in the first place :)
Samination dont know if DJ Pulse got mentioned, but he's the same as that asscracker Rankin.
There's alos shitloads of them on 7digital, one of UK's largest legal Digital stores
kooks what a very appropriate name for his album - 'Insanity'

coz aft reading all these comments, u gotta be insane to still wanna release an album..?!?!

drivebye oh dear...

http://www.hmvdigital.com/HMV.Digital.WebStore.Portal/Pages/System/AlbumInfo.aspx?ComponentId=5333949

^internet explorer only im afraid
xjosephjamesx scandalous!
jimbob squarepants no doubt we are all gonna hear this crap bangin out of vauxhall novas pretty soon!!!
drivebye ^ where i live thats all i ever

idiots driving around the beach with dj rankin nd crap playing, makes me angry!!
i dont get it!!! argh

(excuse the anger.. just finished work :D . )
jimbob squarepants http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25112&SearchTerms=dj,rankin
jimnicricket wow lame Sean Apollo is super in my book
novaboy i hope rankin gets beaten up by all the guys he stole tunes from. he is a DISGRACE..
n/a lol at the hatred towards Ranking. Glad to see ppl hate the ****er as much as I do.

Lets face it, he's never going to get anywhere. There are too many ppl aware of what he's done.
tunnelrush I couldn't read past page 3 but i wanted to say im glad this got taken care of and i happen to have some sean apollo tunes. Keep producing and ill keep spinning it, Sean.
n/a That must be the ultimate insult to someone involved in hardcore music, calling them a rankin.

"You did a rankin"

"You Rankin you"

Id be offended :( lol
Justin-08 Rankin sucks ass, my 8 year old sister can make better tunes than him
Mental_Adam

DJ Rankin: It was worth putting my name and speeding up them tracks on them songs! Look at me now. I'm rolling in it.

What a C**t!
Ghetto_smurf420
quote:
Originally posted by n/a:
That must be the ultimate insult to someone involved in hardcore music, calling them a rankin.

"You did a rankin"

"You Rankin you"

Id be offended :( lol

OH TO TRUE!!!!!!
DJ Hellfury i wouldnt talk about rankin any longer, he's bad / a c*nt, .... etc., kk, we all know it but you make propaganda for him, even when its a negative one. e.g i never heard from rankin til i saw a rankin topic in a forum.

its like manhunt 2, everyone talks about it before its even released; some ppl will only buy the game because its contended and well-known.

so stop give him more attention as he deserved
treetherealest
quote:
Originally posted by djbrownieboy:

DJ Rankin: It was worth putting my name and speeding up them tracks on them songs! Look at me now. I'm rolling in it.

What a C**t!

Is that really what he looks like?

novaboy yeah its him.
argh. i want to ****ing beat the shit out of him, i feel sorry for the people he ripped off.
saxomad dj wankin is a JOKE
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by saxomad:
dj wankin is a JOKE

you just joined to say that? SUSPICIOUS
Future_Shock
quote:
Originally posted by DjSamination:
quote:
Originally posted by saxomad:
dj wankin is a JOKE

you just joined to say that? SUSPICIOUS

Whats suspicious about that?
Mental_Adam IT'S RANKIN
JustIncredible djbrownieboy? where you get that picture from? Love to go to the site and abuse him, hes a right c**t, he should die.
Interfade LOL @ DJ Rankin. I heard his getting on AATW is this true? O_O

It took 5.22 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page