Radio listeners 190+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Fave British Rock Band

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Jay-Owen What's your favorite british rock band? Mines the Manics, especially their album 'This is my truth, tell me yours'
Da Cunney Bugz rifles
Hard2Get The Beatles, naturally :)
Jay-Owen I forgot bout the beatles :P
Smoogie I'd say The Beatles coz they are the only ones I know lol
djDMS Define 'Rock'
Sk8SiM
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Define 'Rock'

A "Type" of music, that house "Genres"... Genres then house "SubGenres", subgenres then house "Styles!"

Rock is a "Type" that covers genres like "Punk, Metal, Indie" ect

Just like "Electronic" music would be a "Type" that house genres like "House, Trance, Hardcore, Downtempo" ect ect!

There is also something know as "Categorys" that house genres and styles with stuff in common! e.g The above would be the category "EDM" which ofcource falls under the type "electronic" music

And Hardcore would also be in the category "Hard Dance" as it is above "150bpm!" (Along with say hard trance, hardstyle ect that are each subgenres of Trance!)

So "rock" is not a genre, but a type... Which also if you date back in history, also covers "Rock & Roll"... just like say "oldskool" & hip-hop is still covered in the electronic type
Aswell as even some 50's & 60's downtempo... is still classed as "electronic" music

swansea247 ^^^hmmm, and here's me thinking that rock is a naturally occurring aggregate of minerals and/or mineraloids.
Brian K the beatles, the clash, & of course sex pistols
Midway_raver The Jam, Sex Pistols, Buzzcocks and Libertines are my favourite British Rock bands at the mo, but ask me 2moro and it'll probably be different, all depends on mood!
Sk8SiM Mine would be a band called

"Farse"

Go do some research they were a "ska-core" band and they kicked ass man!
They was also from round my way and i knew them pretty well... And they were know pretty well all over the UK!

They split up in 2004 though... i went to there last gig... twas gutted!

Anyways, as for modon day rock, nothing apeals to me anymore... its too soft, and nothing "genuine" is ever released (apart from the odd few stuff that never gets noticed)

Nar... Electronic music is in my vains though...
Simon I have to agree with DMS, define 'Rock'. It could be anything.

Can't believe no one has mentioned the mighty led Zeppelin!
Brian K or the who
Mad Max the jimi hendrix experience

yes i know he was american but the experience was formed in uk by his then manager forget his
Uproar Arctic Monkeys.
ferocious Motorhead and Nazareth :)
Hardcore4eva The Stone Rose's
Spoone
quote:
Originally posted by Sk8SiM:
Mine would be a band called

"Farse"

Go do some research they were a "ska-core" band and they kicked ass man!
They was also from round my way and i knew them pretty well... And they were know pretty well all over the UK!

They split up in 2004 though... i went to there last gig... twas gutted!

Anyways, as for modon day rock, nothing apeals to me anymore... its too soft, and nothing "genuine" is ever released (apart from the odd few stuff that never gets noticed)

Nar... Electronic music is in my vains though...

yer man farse were great. lightyear as well.

It took 0.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page