Radio listeners 166+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Bonkers 18??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
this-is-bonkers So is their anything floating around on this yet?..i noticed the "rumor" of AATW buying the rights has died down, so just wondering if anyone else us thinking about buying them..
Craig Switchback Have been told that it's definitely going ahead. However, who's behind this still remains a mystery.
Smoogie First I have heard anyone ask about B18 but im sure it will go ahead some time. Maybe later this year?
Complexion Meh.
DJ-Intensity Bonkers 18 it's defintely gonna be interesting to see which DJs mix the CDS.
Wilky to be honest its best for bonkers to die. try something new!
DJ-Intensity I think the new Bonkers CD might release in October or later.
DJ_Axiom Id like to see another one. Theres always interesting stuff on those CD's and I always look forward to the next one.
Mental_Adam IF there will be a Bonkers 18 this year id say it would be safe to say exspect it to come out Oct-Dec
DJ-Intensity Just saying that if it ever releases then I hope that the CD does not have two minute tracks like 17 did on the third CD.
DJ_Axiom
quote:
Originally posted by Intensity:
Just saying that if it ever releases then I hope that the CD does not have two minute tracks like 17 did on the third CD.

Yea Id have to agree there. Floor Damage is a sick ass ch00n, and there was only what... like a minute of it on 17?
chappy_hardcore eff that,

Bonkers needs to keep going past my dying day!
warped_candykid Its cd 1 off Bonkers 17 that has the mashed up mix, not disc 3. Anyways, I thought there was a post late last eyear or earlier this year that said

"Bonkers 18: Down Under" and Al Storm had a mix on it, along with Sau or something like that.
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
Its cd 1 off Bonkers 17 that has the mashed up mix, not disc 3. Anyways, I thought there was a post late last eyear or earlier this year that said

"Bonkers 18: Down Under" and Al Storm had a mix on it, along with Sau or something like that.

it was released a few weeks ago! aka Ultimate hardcore vol 3 (i've a post regarding this) and it looks a real good album!

treetherealest Although, I really love the old sound of happy hardcore.

The newfound freeform sound on the newer CDs is still very amazing and I don't mind them currently taking that route. It makes things a lot less redundant. I look forward to the next Bonkers. I'm really starting to love the new stuff a lot.
DJ-Intensity Ultimate Hardcore Volume 3 has some top tunes on it :D
acidfluxxbass Bonkers 17 was crammed with tracks which makes me wonder if they were shoving them in and finishing up..
When they released Best Of Bonkers I got worried because it could have their way of saying goodbye :(
However, Bonkers 17 was Rebooted.. so they mite still be going for it
Shame really.. Since Bonkers 10 they had been doing well
Bonkers 10 had allot of tunes and kind of sparked the start of this new kind of hardcore.
Bonkers 11 continued this
Bonkers 12 same
Bonkers 13 had some old and new ones with some very good tracks on the 4th cd from dougal and skeedale
Bonkers 14 was my favourite with great tracks on all cd's
Bonkers 15 was just as good
Bonkers 16 was good but only 3 cd's
Bonkers 17 had too many short tracks but all of them were absolutely awesome
Bonkers 18... :S

Hope this isnt the death of hardcore..
Clubland, Hardcore Masif, Raindance and Helter Skelter... they dont match up to Bonkers.. Who ever continues Bonkers are very lucky!

If hardcore does die, I wouldnt be surprised to see Clubland Xtreme taking the throne. Their 4th Volume was very impressive.
bulby_g Clubland xtreme is in no way a good replacement for Bonkers! It's a label showcase album basically.

If they get rid of bonkers I'd like to see something new with decent variety over UK Hardcore, Freeform, Breakbeat Hardcore, Hardcore Breaks and Gabber.
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
Clubland xtreme is in no way a good replacement for Bonkers! It's a label showcase album basically.

If they get rid of bonkers I'd like to see something new with decent variety over UK Hardcore, Freeform, Breakbeat Hardcore, Hardcore Breaks and Gabber.

bit of happy and makina too
bulby_g Makina, yeah. Would only like to see some happy on there if it is new though! Unlikely these days.
systems99 Bonkers has to be one of the most fundamental hardcore markers of today. It has shown the way for hardcore and continued on even in its darkest hour. I can’t understand how people can rubbish Bonkers for being what it is or that it’s been with us for this long.

I’ve always bought Bonkers (no downloads) to support it and will continue to do. Compilations like the “Clubland” garbage are a slap in the face for Bonkers and all its hard work it’s done to remain a brilliant anthology.

Granted there have been a few Bonkers that have been questionable, such as the “Best of Bonkers”, it could have been much more for a 10th anniversary release.

I hope Bonkers remains strong with hardcore and remains the premier brand name for all the best and new realises in hardcore music.

Long live bonkers and its hardcore!
redwingz Bonkers is hardcore, and there will be many more to come, because someone will always want to take over it.

If bonkers was to finish, i think Hardcore underground could be a good replacement as the big one. HU2 is fantastic, the only thing it doesnt have is gabber, but i think HU3 is going to be four c.ds so you never know this time
Wilky at the moment bonkers is homeless - untill a new owner takes over then we wont be getting anymore!

i'd like a hardcore comp thats got happy hardcore, uk hardcore, hardstlye and a gabba cds
this-is-bonkers Still, Its been nearly 4 months know since resist went bust & their is still no news on whats happpening with their big releases, Bonkers, Cafe Del mar Etc...

I know its an overstatment but its pretty devistating, i dont think it is and its quite obviously not the death of hardcore, but its still a pretty big loss for some of the fans, (Such as myself) who grew up on & with Bonkers.

I was expecting an 18 since the series was "rebooted" kinda the same as bonkers 8. But im glad it lived to see double figures & didnt get old (like CXH Ha Ha) and im keeping my fingers crossed for the re-re birth of bonkers! lol that'de be a good name for it "Bonkers 18 The Rebirth" but that'de prob cause problems with religious peeps (nag nag nag) well im gunan go cus this is turning into a rant LMFAO BYYYEE
bulby_g
quote:
Originally posted by uncle Google:
, hardstlye

Hardstyle is not a type of Hardcore though. It's a branch of Hard Trance.. Even if it does sound like slow, Nu-Style Hardcore these days.
Craig Switchback
quote:
Originally posted by this-is-bonkers:
Still, Its been nearly 4 months know since resist went bust & their is still no news on whats happpening with their big releases, Bonkers, Cafe Del mar Etc...

I know its an overstatment but its pretty devistating, i dont think it is and its quite obviously not the death of hardcore, but its still a pretty big loss for some of the fans, (Such as myself) who grew up on & with Bonkers.

I was expecting an 18 since the series was "rebooted" kinda the same as bonkers 8. But im glad it lived to see double figures & didnt get old (like CXH Ha Ha) and im keeping my fingers crossed for the re-re birth of bonkers! lol that'de be a good name for it "Bonkers 18 The Rebirth" but that'de prob cause problems with religious peeps (nag nag nag) well im gunan go cus this is turning into a rant LMFAO BYYYEE

I think your over reacting just a little bit mate. May i remind you, that it was over a year between Bonkers 16 and 17.
Bonkers isn't finished, and i have heard some things regarding Bonkers 18 and who will be behind the project. So don't panic heh
mj-dream i used to avidly collect bonkers till vol 14.......imo they went kinda downhill except the odd 1 or 2 from 13 onwards i have a couple of albums the others i have no interest in :) sharkeys seems to only ever be the ones i like from then ;/

enjoyed the scott brown n neophyte gabba mix on 15(i think)
bulby_g
quote:
Originally posted by mj-dream:
i used to avidly collect bonkers till vol 14.......imo they went kinda downhill except the odd 1 or 2 from 13 onwards i have a couple of albums the others i have no interest in :) sharkeys seems to only ever be the ones i like from then ;/

enjoyed the scott brown n neophyte gabba mix on 15(i think)

You heard 17? Worth checking out.
mj-dream yeah i did get 17 because brisk n ham n marc smith were on it not a bad addition was it :)
redwingz yeah 17 was one of the best bonkers ever and for me is the direction that hardcore as a genre should be going in.

some of the tracks are immense, you've got wicked vocal tracks like 'no more' and wicked non-vocal tracks like 'snowstorm'
For the freeform, the Arkitech remix of alamarama is just immense and the pads on the re-make of bonkers anthem are amazing.
Also there are some decent gabber tracks like beatmaster and environmental product.

I love that album lol
bulby_g Yeah it was a great album IMO. Heading in the right direction again now I'd say. ;)
Woody_Htid 15 and 16 were the only decent ones

17 sucked balls

hopefully if 18 does come out its actually good
bulby_g Not enough same old "HTID" raver baby stuff on it for you. :-/

Are you saying Bonkers 1 - 14 are all crap? Are you sure you even like Hardcore?
mj-dream lol
dreamowner I am sure some company will buy the rights to Bonkers, because as a hardcore album it does sell really well.

Woody: Bonkers 17 does not suck balls; it was a much needed break away from the typical same old HTID stuff. It was the best one out in years.
DJ-Intensity Bonkers 17 even though it had tracks that did not last long it was still a brilliant album best CDS I like out of them all was two and three not saying the first one was bad that was good too.
acidfluxxbass ive noticed a new kind of hardcore kind of appear since bonkers 12
"hardcore junkie", "electric", "alanarama", "ready for war", "futureshock" are all examples. You get a hardcore bit at the beginning andf end with a euphoric brilliant sythy-trancy feel in the middle. I love it Bonkers cant leave it there
Fair Enough Bonkers 17 had its positives and negatives but was a good disk and just proves how Bonkers is the backbone of hardcore. Other labels and comilations dont compare. Simple as.
If Bonkers dies, hardcore dies. Clubland, Hardcore Masif... They wont survive if hardcore fails.
Desperate magazines made their fuss..
Maybe Bonkers is over..
HTID
SPOOX
quote:
Originally posted by Woody_Htid:
15 and 16 were the only decent ones

17 sucked balls

hopefully if 18 does come out its actually good

Do you even know what your talking about or even know anything about Hardcore?

SPOOX
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
If Bonkers dies, hardcore dies. Clubland, Hardcore Masif... They wont survive if hardcore fails.
Desperate magazines made their fuss..
Maybe Bonkers is over..
HTID

How can you say if Bonkers dies, Hardcore dies. I doubt that very much. There is more to Hardcore than just the Bonkers compilations.
SPOOX
quote:
Originally posted by uncle Google:
to be honest its best for bonkers to die. try something new!

Completely disagree. If Bonkers is still popular then it should carry on. Why would you stop something that is popular.
Craig Switchback Innit, why is it best for something to die, when it still sells a shit load of units, and it still the most prestigious hardcore compilation around.
And Bonkers 17 was one of the best in recent years. Anybody that says otherwise is an idiot w/ no taste.
acidfluxxbass true that hardcore isnt all about bonkers, but can you imagine any other compilation similar to bonkers or as good?
bonkers is what made hardcore what it is today.
Without it hardcore would still be a twinkle in hixxys eye.
its not best for bonkers to die at all..
however, it remains to be seen if hardcore can survive with out it.
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by systems99:
Bonkers has to be one of the most fundamental hardcore markers of today. It has shown the way for hardcore and continued on even in its darkest hour. I can’t understand how people can rubbish Bonkers for being what it is or that it’s been with us for this long.

I’ve always bought Bonkers (no downloads) to support it and will continue to do. Compilations like the “Clubland” garbage are a slap in the face for Bonkers and all its hard work it’s done to remain a brilliant anthology.

Granted there have been a few Bonkers that have been questionable, such as the “Best of Bonkers”, it could have been much more for a 10th anniversary release.

I hope Bonkers remains strong with hardcore and remains the premier brand name for all the best and new realises in hardcore music.

Long live bonkers and its hardcore!

even though 16 was released on the 10th anniversary (and big disappointment) and best of bonkers came out 7 months 2 late
DJ-Intensity Looking back at Bonkers 16 I would defintely say CDs two and three were the best ones.
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by Intensity:
Looking back at Bonkers 16 I would defintely say CDs two and three were the best ones.

yeh cd 2 was the best,but before it came out i was waiting on something real big as it was approaching 10 years,like 5 cds r something thing,but all we got was the worst case and prob the worst bonkers(in my opinion)
acidfluxxbass terrible cover lol

but if bonkers made a drink then hell yeah I'd drink it all the time!

but bonkers 16 was disappointing. One less CD... bog standard tracks...
couple of nice ones from ethos and a couple of goodens on Cd3

but i think bonkers needs to continue they way they were in 14 and 15. They truley were bonkers.

I'd be devastated if Bonkers 18 doesnt come out..
When was 17 released again?
DJ-Intensity 17 was released in October last year.

Quality tracks from 16

"Save Our Souls"
"Micro N2"
kathryn
quote:
terrible cover lol

but bonkers 16 was disappointing. One less CD... bog standard tracks...
couple of nice ones from ethos and a couple of goodens on Cd3

but i think bonkers needs to continue they way they were in 14 and 15. They truley were bonkers.

I'd be devastated if Bonkers 18 doesnt come out..
When was 17 released again?

pass me the sick bucket.
chappy_hardcore We should all put to and buy the Bonkers brand!

Yesssss,

;)
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by chappy_hardcore:
We should all put to and buy the Bonkers brand!

Yesssss,

;)

lets start a credit union and buy the brand! which would mean!
we pick the DJ's
we pick the tracks
we pick the cover
we pick the release date (and mean it)
we are all on the advert on E4 at 2am
we get discount ( we own it)
we get to sell on ebay first
we get to argue its better than the first 17 (everyones gunna agree)
we go into administration
we all ask about Bonkers 19

dj_excy i have to say bonkers 17 didnt do much for me just hope 18 is better :)
Craig Switchback Can't believe people are saying Bonkers 17 was shit. Complete variety spread out over the 3 CD's.
Ham, Orbit1, Druid, Marc Smith, Darwin, Fracus, Vagabond, Kurt, Joey Riot, Scott Brown, Arkitech, Ephexis, Entity etc etc
Great tunes, good track and DJ selection. And - no ****ing Raverbaby.
DJ-Intensity That was the good thing about 17 that there were no Raverbaby tracks.
Lilley
quote:
true that hardcore isnt all about bonkers, but can you imagine any other compilation similar to bonkers or as good?

hardcore underground... they and b17 are quite similar.
DJ-Intensity Followed by Crush On Hardcore.
mart887 i hope if there is a Bonkers 18 whoever is behind it asks Gammer to do a mix for it.
acidfluxxbass
quote:
lets start a credit union and buy the brand! which would mean!
we pick the DJ's
we pick the tracks
we pick the cover
we pick the release date (and mean it)
we are all on the advert on E4 at 2am
we get discount ( we own it)
we get to sell on ebay first
we get to argue its better than the first 17 (everyones gunna agree)
we go into administration
we all ask about Bonkers 19

that would be awesome.
we do it the way us, the fans do it.
Best artwork ever. Another awesome name for it.
4 Cd's
1 - Perhaps Gammer and Dougal giving a nice mix of trancy tunes and vocal hardcore with assistance from mickey skeedale!
2 - Scott Brown and Neophyte Team up to create a hardstyle disk as always :D (first proper hardstyle disk since 15)
3 - Sharkey works on the third cd with tunes similar to those he put together on 15
4 - Hixxy and styles work on the vocal hardcore with a nice endro

But its probably just a dream..
Would we be able to do it? Im all in if we do
:D:D:D:D:D

And we keep it going no matter what. Bonkers must go on!!
Its the backbone of hardcore and we all LOVVVEEE IT!
silver 90% sure AATW own it now, too many people keeping tight lipped about it for me to confirm it.
mj-dream oh ffs aatw :O

cant wait to see the tracklist :(
dreamowner noooooo.... not AATW.
silver You guys need to read the news page more we reported it a while ago that it is possibly happening :)
mj-dream not been back here long.....must of missed it.
Future_Shock
quote:

2 - Scott Brown and Neophyte Team up to create a hardstyle disk as always :D (first proper hardstyle disk since 15)

uuhhh.... i think you mean Gabber.... Neither Scott Brown nor Neophyte do Hardstyle...

Unless ive missed something?
DJ-Intensity Not quite so sure if I'll be getting future Bonkers CDs.
this-is-bonkers me neither not if AATW are going to be releasing it
acidfluxxbass Oh god.. Bonkers is dead if aatw have it..
Still, Htid.
DJ-Intensity When actually confirmed AATW has bought the rights to Bonkers it will be goodbye to the CDs.
acidfluxxbass react and resist were good. I dont think aatw wuld give bonkers 18 a bonkers feel.. they dont know what us, as bonkers fas, want.. i personally dont mind the clubland extremes but i know ther wuld be many ppl who dont like it.. :/ oh well
ill stay loyal to bonkers
But it needs to retain its status, tunes and wikid front covers :P:P
DJ-Intensity I am not a big fan of Clubland X Treme to be fair it has got some good tunes on it but Bonkers is 100 times better then it so the vote goes for Bonkers but with AATW it will kinda sound weird.
acidfluxxbass i just hope it doesnt get too proffessional if u get me. bonkers is all about fun music with bouncy beats and great tunes like 'dark like darth vader'. thats a gd example of bonkers. clubland xtreme takes it far more seriously.. 4 had an into and serious songs with no fun or bounce added. im fearful bonkers will be like this. im also hoping they dont change the name or put fit gals on the covers. im not gay but i wanna see a chick on a cover i get clubland. i get bonkers for tunes.
CDJay !!!!

*chokes on laughter*

CDJay
Craig Switchback Love how people just assume if AATW are behind it, then the Bonkers product will never be the same. Let’s wait and see - I’ve got a feeling that we may be pleasantly surprised.
d A n i
quote:
i just hope it doesnt get too proffessional if u get me. bonkers is all about fun music with bouncy beats and great tunes like 'dark like darth vader'. thats a gd example of bonkers. clubland xtreme takes it far more seriously.. 4 had an into and serious songs with no fun or bounce added. im fearful bonkers will be like this. im also hoping they dont change the name or put fit gals on the covers. im not gay but i wanna see a chick on a cover i get clubland. i get bonkers for tunes.

RANT:
omgsh tell me about it! .. im sick of buying CD's with half-naked bitches on the front cover .. soon my parents'll start thinking ive turned lesbian .. those skanky little girls in there rags dont do nothing for me .. im buying the CD for the music not the chick on the front! .. ARGH! .. and those chicks they put arnt great etiher .. only about 2 CD's i have with chicks on the front are actually ok-ish looking ..

.. keep the cartoons .. i love the bonkers designs .. my fav would have to be 15 .. true legends!
acidfluxxbass lol im not complaining but bonkers holds its individuality with its unique covers :D

maybe it will be far better with aatw
maybe worse

is it official that its with them?

JustIncredible Even if AATW release it why would want two albums practically the same?
acidfluxxbass guess they figured its the best selling hardcore comp in the uk so they tok advantage of it and now sell both the original clubland xtreme and bonkers..
i just hope they dont make it exactly the same lol!
:/
acidfluxxbass http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7396111.stm

im sure bonkers will live

cascada and scooter have both soared thanks to AATW
BONKERS 18!!!! want it nowww

does marc smith make the covers?
Mental_Adam Sorry to go off the topic but that link raised an eye brow

Scooter #1 in the UK???!?!?

i know they released quite a few albums but not in the UK during like a 5 year period since releasing last uk release, they've always seem a really popular act for most people who listen to Dance in the uk.

They've pretty much binded their time right for a uk release.... Looks like we'll probably see that song 'Jumping all over the world' in the chart.

But i'm glad they beat madonna as it makes a change to all the crud we have what seems to be the only thing they concentrate on.

But i'm not to big on scooter though

warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by djbrownieboy:
Sorry to go off the topic but that link raised an eye brow

i know they released quite a few albums but not in the UK during like a 5 year period since releasing last uk release, they've always seem a really popular act for most people who listen to Dance in the uk.

They've pretty much binded their time right for a uk release.... Looks like we'll probably see that song 'Jumping all over the world' in the chart.

But i'm glad they beat madonna as it makes a change to all the crud we have what seems to be the only thing they concentrate on.

If the lead MC guy would shut up in the tracks, they would be fine!
Wilky i like Scooter, got a few of their albums.. including the one with some happy hardcore on!

mc dave is a pain sometimes lol
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:
Originally posted by djbrownieboy:
Sorry to go off the topic but that link raised an eye brow

If the lead MC guy would shut up in the tracks, they would be fine!

He can get pretty annoying but if he weren't on there, it wouldn't b a signature scooter track. Besides hardcore has plenty of MCs at raves. I've personally never been to one, but hearing track samples of live raves I think it's more annoyin 2 have MCs goin at it when it's not actually part of the song.
95_was_the_time bonkers 18 would be good if i was on it
DJ-Intensity Not a fan of Scooter.
acidfluxxbass yeah scooter are quite good and the uk is very strange about music..
one minute we seem to like rhianna, then jay'z then basshunter, then madonna then suddenly scooter
a couple of months back everyone listened to basshunter - now your gone and it was like well big and i had the original like 2 years before.

BUT
it shows how aatw can make a success of things. scooter, to this day has maintained a bouncy dance theme with mc dave shouting random stuff and the cheesy tunes and the 'voice'
if aatw can make scooter big there is no reason why bonkers 18+ cant be as big and maintain its short bouncy beats!
silver 33,500 copies = number 1 position in the UK... how shocking is that :)
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
33,500 copies = number 1 position in the UK... how shocking is that :)

the worst of it is it out sold madonna by 4,00Θ copies. now thats bad!

33,50Θ isnt all that bad for a commercial dance act like scooter, but for an 'international superstar' like madonna its really bad!
acidfluxxbass i think people have lost faith in normal pop.. they are turning to extremist music like rap, death metal or hardcore. Woo
madonna was good in her day... but shes boring.. i really couldnt sit ther and listen to her music... it would put me to sleep. same with many other artists. hardcore gets me dancing and keeps me listening. it doesnt get boring because each song has different lyrics, beat, mood, and melody.

latininxtc
quote:
i think people have lost faith in normal pop.. they are turning to extremist music like rap, death metal or hardcore. Woo
madonna was good in her day... but shes boring.. i really couldnt sit ther and listen to her music... it would put me to sleep. same with many other artists. hardcore gets me dancing and keeps me listening. it doesnt get boring because each song has different lyrics, beat, mood, and melody.

Rap??? i don't know what the US is giving y'all, but whatever comes out here now is called hiphop. rap is dead it was something big in the 90s. Some a**hole (puff daddy aka p diddy aka diddy aka shawn combs) thought it was a great idea 2 market it in2 pop mainstream and ever since then it died and is now called hiphop.

This is what i listened 2 b4 i got big in2 electronica (1st eurodance, then trance, and now happy hardcore/uk hardcore). Mainstream music 2day is s**t 2 me and the only thing that I want my ears 2 listen 2 now is nothing but hardcore!!!
Mental_Adam Pretty poor week for album sales indeed

But i only noticed when i walked into my local CD shop that Scooter actually officially released their 1st album in uk since 2003.

It's still good though, that scooter had received no air play for this release while madonnas cd has been well commercialised world wide
kathryn Best Scooter song is Endless summer but his voice is so annoying.
whittle1 Scooter = homosexual.

'The question is what is the question.'
'Can I have a light please.'

I beg of your pardon?
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
Scooter = homosexual.

'The question is what is the question.'
'Can I have a light please.'

I beg of your pardon?

ah come on, since when have scooter ever been a serious dance act? you can't listen to one of their songs and expect to take it seriously.
acidfluxxbass scooter is a piss take of dance but isnt most dance/hardcore like that?
its something u randomly jump around to and scooter is a fine example of that :)
this-is-bonkers
quote:

BONKERS 18!!!! want it nowww

does marc smith make the covers?

No caricaturist Paul Garner & Graphics Company Me Company do the covers for Bonkers.

as for scooter i really like em, I bought their new album & LOVED it, the only thing that bisg me is the high pitched singing.

jumping all over the world & the question is what is the question are gr8 tracks....& you gotta admit some scooter tracks are Hardcorey sounding...
acidfluxxbass yep. weekend. they would be hardcore if they had a louder drum beat.. :S
duno technical terms
westwoodzxz hmmm.... just a thought,

As well as others, scooter's song, "waiting for spring" is amazing. They are actually VERY good, but they don't need me to vouch for them, they have a big enough fan base on their own. and Baxxter is there to get the crowd going, bc they have such huge live shows. Trust me, they're not going to be on Bonkers, they're beat is a bit too slow, and they've been around in their own scene for such a long time, they don't even need bonkers.
tru bass
quote:
Originally posted by westwoodzxz:
hmmm.... just a thought,

As well as others, scooter's song, "waiting for spring" is amazing. They are actually VERY good, but they don't need me to vouch for them, they have a big enough fan base on their own. and Baxxter is there to get the crowd going, bc they have such huge live shows. Trust me, they're not going to be on Bonkers, they're beat is a bit too slow, and they've been around in their own scene for such a long time, they don't even need bonkers.

bonkers & happy hardcore used to be 'their own scene'

i dont see them mixing bonkers at all though.

EDIT: just noticed this tread is a year old :S
acidfluxxbass this is where i posted my first ever post!

scooter represent hardcore wrong. they would simply not be right on bonkers (or any other hardcore comp.
Triquatra scooter arent fast enough to be hardcore...

there new album is all commercial hardstyle/jumpstyle stufff
silver xy, ey, wn
Triquatra rofl!! subtle ;)
DJ-Intensity Taken from front page....

Confirmed Sharkey will be mixing one of the CDs.
acidfluxxbass im happy sharkey's doing a cd. its a sign that it wont be as commercial as clubland and will uphold the 'bonkers' fun trend that he follows :)

Woot!

plus im also happy that Wilky was wrong and bonkers isnt dead!

CDJay "xy, ey, wn"

Heh.

CDJay
Triquatra yea - i wondered how many people would pick up on that one ;)
Quicksilver I don't get it... the "xy, ey, wn".

Best I can come up with is Sy & Unknown. ;P
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
I don't get it... the "xy, ey, wn".

Best I can come up with is Sy & Unknown. ;P

Hixxy, Sharkey, Brown?
Quicksilver Aha. ;)
DJ-Intensity It'll be out in a few months.
lozowen I'd LIKE to see different dj's getting their chance in this series, such as; al storm, fracus or orbit1 to name a few
DJ-Intensity Darwin & Shimamura mix would be smashing.
lozowen
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-Intensity:
Darwin & Shimamura mix would be smashing.

darwin is awesome man, proper good producer!
pinkdevil16 Finally some news!! (even if it isnt much) :D
Quicksilver God, I hope AATW hasn't Clublandified Bonkers 18! Let Clubland be Clubland and Bonkers be Bonkers!
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
God, I hope AATW hasn't Clublandified Bonkers 18! Let Clubland be Clubland and Bonkers be Bonkers!

it wont. notice the fact SHARKEY is is doing a cd XD when has he ever gone commercial?
K6HLR Hixxy Sharkey Scott Brown is fine with me its worked in the past altho id prefur hixxy to stay with clubland with breeze & styles leave other DJ's to make their name on bonkers! Bonkers 17 was pure class loved all 3 cds aslong as 18 dosent end up like clubland x-treme or H.T.I.D (Not saying tha bad cds) i'll be happy! :)!
MAtRiCks I don't think it would be very wise to market Bonkers18 the exact same way they market Clubland... Clubland X-treme Hardcore is named like this because of it's overall mainstream dance feeling and numerous remixes from the Clubland series, and I really don't think this approach would fit with the Bonkers brand.
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by MAtRiCks:
Clubland X-treme Hardcore is named like this because of it's overall mainstream dance feeling and numerous remixes from the Clubland series

ohh yeah! i hadnt realised!
Quicksilver
quote:
Clubland X-treme Hardcore is named like this because of it's overall mainstream dance feeling and numerous remixes from the Clubland series, and I really don't think this approach would fit with the Bonkers brand.

I know, that's why I said what I said.
95_was_the_time it won't be as good as bonkers 1 to 9. i know that for a fact.
tru bass
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
it won't be as good as bonkers 1 to 9. i know that for a fact.

to be fair the only ones thathave been as good as the early ones are probably only 15, 10 and 11 IMO

bonkers 1 is just unbeatbable
silver Sharkey is signed (possibly exclusive) to AATW now.
MAtRiCks Acidfluxxmass and Quicksilver, If my posts were only meant for you guys to read, I would be sending you pm's instead :P

My last posts was merely a personnal view on the whole 'Oh noes, Bonkers is going Clubland' scare.
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Acidfluxxmass and Quicksilver, If my posts were only meant for you guys to read, I would be sending you pm's instead :P

My last posts was merely a personnal view on the whole 'Oh noes, Bonkers is going Clubland' scare.

i realise that, x]

sharkey getting signed by AATW... good or bad?
DJ-Intensity Sharkey with AATW does not sound right in my opinion.
Starstruck He is signed to AATW
lozowen
quote:
Originally posted by tru bass:
quote:
it won't be as good as bonkers 1 to 9. i know that for a fact.

to be fair the only ones thathave been as good as the early ones are probably only 15, 10 and 11 IMO

bonkers 1 is just unbeatbable

15 & 17 were best imo
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by lozowen:
15 & 17 were best imo

out of all of them?
lozowen
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
quote:
Originally posted by lozowen:
15 & 17 were best imo

out of all of them?

out of the ones i own & ive heard
Triquatra which ones do you own? and have heard?
Trimms 1 and 15 I have to say are my favorites. I'm hoping 18 will be a great one.

Also, Sharkey being signed to AATW probably isn't a bad thing. He IS Sharkey, if anything he will add some diversity and spice to AATW's declining selection of original talent.
DJ-Intensity Fav Bonkers 11,12,13,14,15 and 16.

95_was_the_time the question is, will hixxy do a trance mix? like on bonkers 7
Triquatra yeaaa, i think sasha, FSOL, Digweed....pretty much the entire trance scene would say that bonkers 7 isnt trance..

you could say it was "trancey"..but yea - not trance.

plus bonkers 7 could kick the ass off 80% of the stuff thats released these days :)
lozowen
quote:
which ones do you own? and have heard?

havent heard any before 8 but, most thereafter give or take a few
pinkdevil16

15 & 17 were best imo
[/quote]

ive got 13+ and I agree with that (im like working down the bonkers series wil prob get 12 soon)
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Trimms:

Also, Sharkey being signed to AATW probably isn't a bad thing. He IS Sharkey, if anything he will add some diversity and spice to AATW's declining selection of original talent.

yea right. i'm sure the same was said about the others

"He IS Hixxy/Darren Styles/Breeze"

sorry but money does change ppl, good or bad and I think that his freeform style will diminish. but I do pray that it doesn't
Trimms Why do you think those artists have changed? Styles has ALWAYS had a commercial edge, whether he was on AATW or not. It's not like he joined AATW and said "time to make some really commercial, cheesy dance songs!" He always has, and probably always will. Now he's just marketed a lot more and for some reason that means he is "bad" and has "changed." Same with Hixxy, you blame it completely on the money but time is a huge factor too. Hixxy is a successful artists because he has changed with the times and the style of music. Just because his music isn't 95% of your type of "Hixxy," it doesn't make it bad. Stop wishing there will be another Bonkers 1 and get it in your head that Hixxy's style is hardcore. It may be more commercial, but honestly, what's so wrong with him being on AATW? It seems like as soon as something gets popular, it's time to let it go and move on to something new, obscure, and shitty. Bonkers will always be Bonkers, but that doesn't mean it won't change with time. Honestly, get over Bonkers 1. It was ****ing amazing, and my second most listened-to Bonkers... but it's not coming back. Bonkers has to shift with the times if we want it to continue to exist. To me, Bonkers is the ultimate symbol of hardcore. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that Bonkers embodies hardcore for me. I never want to see it go, and if that means one remix of a pop song, I don't give a shit. It can still be amazing without the incessant whining that plagues every single post on this website from some hardcore fans that are still living in the days of '95. Yes, '95. ;]

If Hixxy, Sharkey, and Scott Brown are confirmed, I will have no worries about Bonkers. They are not stupid, and they know that hardcore is dwindling on its hinges with its current "mainstream" state. Bonkers represents everything that is NOT Clubland, and they won't let that change.
Quicksilver
quote:
They are not stupid, and they know that hardcore is dwindling on its hinges with its current "mainstream" state. Bonkers represents everything that is NOT Clubland, and they won't let that change.

Money, mate. Money. Paid enough money and they'll do as AATW wishes.

I do agree with the rest you've said, though.
Triquatra i dont think sharkey would comprimise...
95_was_the_time aatw are scum, they will completly ruin bonkers by naming it 18, why can't they just leave it at 17. and that will be that.

they could start again like what thunderdome did. example, bonkers chapter I, chapter II etc etc
finalfantasyraverbaby bin a fan of bonkerssince it started i do agree that hardcore is not that advertised or as around as clubland but i still hold hixxy sharkey dougal gammer and scott brown dear to heart rock on, HTID muther ****ers
this-is-bonkers
quote:
aatw are scum, they will completly ruin bonkers by naming it 18, why can't they just leave it at 17. and that will be that.

they could start again like what thunderdome did. example, bonkers chapter I, chapter II etc etc

Lets just give them a chance first eh?..

OMG This bonkers new has made me one happy pup ^^ i've been holding on this for nearly a year know!

lers hope for hixx, sharkey & dougal the best bonkers collabriation!!
latininxtc Trimms I don't know what compellled u 2 rant and have this Bitch-Fit of urs cuz i don't ever remember saying that hixxy's stuff sux.

i still like some of hixxy, DS and breeze's work, but their styles have had abundant changes since they joined AATW. and all i said is that $$$ changes ppl good or bad, i didn't make any names.
DeezeNuts This is my first time posting on this website and I'd like to note the following:
Bonkers 15 is my favorite album and that the album art is AMAZING. They should adapt it's art from it onto the next bonkers because 17 looked retarded. Did you see Scott browns face? lol

For the love of GOD I really hope AATW do not advrtise bonkers 18 like they do with clubland albums.
They are extremely horrid and embarassing to anyone who likes hardcore.
Go google CXH 4 & 5 commercials and you'll see what I mean.

What record label was sharkey in before he was signed to aatw? To the people saying aatw will change sharkey's style are dumb. His style will remain awesome and he has proven that since the beginning of bonkers.

Other than that I am looking forward to bonkers 18 and crossing my fingers for Scott brown doing a gabber disk and DJ Darwin being one of the DJs. Now we wait as the saga continues.

this-is-bonkers Bonkers: The Saga Continues

i like that...
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Bonkers: The Saga Continues

i like that...

if it uses that name, it should include scott brown
Wilky
quote:
quote:
Bonkers: The Saga Continues

i like that...

if it uses that name, it should include scott brown

That is a quality tune
AxelPanic good luck with that one. It would be cool to see another volume come out, but is the reason the right one? We can't have another if the track is whack or its just to have another bonkers.
Triquatra you do know that the next bonkers is on the way right?...its not a rumour - AATW have bought the brand, we're expecting it within the next two months...
this-is-bonkers yes we do...

you'de think if the rumoured release date (april 13th) is true we'de have some more info by know..
Wilky
quote:
yes we do...

you'de think if the rumoured release date (april 13th) is true we'de have some more info by know..

All could be in good time. Id bet that not long after i posted it up, silver emailed the aatw boys
Triquatra i would bet money he didnt even need to.
Wilky
quote:
i would bet money he didnt even need to.

Well obviously he didnt "need" to... Anyway aatw have an habit of releasing info a couple of weeks b4 release
95_was_the_time i dont have any high hopes for bonkers 18
lozowen
quote:
i dont have any high hopes for bonkers 18

gutted, hopefully will be pumpin'!
Wilky
quote:

i have
Trimms I hope the release date is true. I am very excited for this.
this-is-bonkers you dont have high hopes for anything 95
ChrisDale i cant wait for this, ive loved all the previous vols
Lilley
quote:
I hope the release date is true. I am very excited for this.

i hope it isnt. it will undoubtable overshadow the release of hardcore underground 3. if it waits a few more weeks id be fine with that.
Kosmic
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
quote:
I hope the release date is true. I am very excited for this.

i hope it isnt. it will undoubtable overshadow the release of hardcore underground 3. if it waits a few more weeks id be fine with that.

What? just so you can afford it? lol

acidfluxxbass
quote:

fancy explaining why?
if your not keeping up with the music, then ur in the wrong scene man...
lozowen
quote:
quote:

fancy explaining why?

quite right
"get with it"
95_was_the_time
quote:
quote:

fancy explaining why?

because it's just gonna be a clubland cd with the 'bonkers' brand slapped on to sell records. bonkers aint what it used to be, the first 8 or 9 is proper bonkers, but now that AATW have got their filthy hands on it, it will be ruined forever. the only thing that might make me buy it is if the clips on juno, for sharkeys cd are anygood.
ChrisDale u cant really say that, till they realse the cd and then you can judge whats goning to happen with the bonkers scene
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisDale:
u cant really say that, till they realse the cd and then you can judge whats goning to happen with the bonkers scene

u must b new here. to summarize this twat, he likes nothing made after 1995. anything after that in his eye is garbage no matter what. and he bitches about it on every post.
acidfluxxbass
quote:
quote:
quote:

fancy explaining why?

because it's just gonna be a clubland cd with the 'bonkers' brand slapped on to sell records. bonkers aint what it used to be, the first 8 or 9 is proper bonkers, but now that AATW have got their filthy hands on it, it will be ruined forever. the only thing that might make me buy it is if the clips on juno, for sharkeys cd are anygood.

Ive come to learn that clubland XH is just harder clubland. so it will be commercial and mainstream.

there is no proper bonkers.. ludicrous!

music evolves. what we heard back then was good, but simple.. the technology we have now and the advancements upon what we had since 2000 enables us to make much much much better music... its more complex, more layers, better tracks.

Now, allow me to point out that the music on this cd will of the standard we heard in hardcore nation 09, and what we will hear in hu3. you never know either. they may throw in an old skool cd for those of the older generation, like yourself.

Either way.. AATW may sign the most mainstream cheese going, and give hardcore a softer appearance with CXH, but their promotional skills are flawless and bonkers will be a success.

also, they will probably diverse into harder hardcore. why have 2 products the same? both competing. im addressing bonkers 18 and CXH of course.

*edit*
please be more enthustastic about stuff. rather than blasting everything that's released, if you dont like it, justify your thoughts. dont start pointless threads and dont start on members.

you've developed a reputation covered in mud..
its not too late to change and be a valued member on here.

It took 8.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page