Radio listeners 168+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Question about J-Core music

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
skellus Hi,

I am going to run a discussion about hardcore music (specifically J-Core) on a convention here in Poland and so I have some question I would like to be answered, and if you have some other informations you think might interest me then please write it too. If it is possible, I would be grateful if the informations could be exhaustive.

1. What are the tools/software used by Hardcore music makers?

2. How popular is J-Core in Japan? What is the media response to it? Are there broadcasts of "concerts" (can't find better word)? How often such events are held? How "safe" are such events? What about in other countries all over the world?

3. What are the genres represented by J-Core musicians (question is how much should I trust Wiki in understanding the description and choosing a good representative)

4. And finally, what is the most popular J-8-Bit-Core artist (if any?) The only I know is Sabrepulse and he isn't J- ^^;

The more information you can provide the better :).

Thanks in advance!
whispering
quote:
Originally posted by skellus:
3. What are the genres represented by J-Core musicians (question is how much should I trust Wiki in understanding the description and choosing a good representative)

All hardcore subgenres, usually with that Japanese twist.
Wilky i dont kno 2 much about japcore mate
Samination to my knowledge it's usually speedcore or noisecore that's produced in japan, atleast among th more known artists
SPOOX I have quite a few J-Core albums & know a fair bit about it. As for how popular it is in Japan you wanna ask Silver as he lives there.
skellus I will try then.
Vitalism there's some stuff out there, but strictly japanese hardcore, as in hardcore containing japanese lyrics, is pretty limited.

you'd be hard pressed to find 20 releases that had japanese in them.

so if anything it's still in its infancy, but there was a decent japanese label, digi up, that went defunct a little while ago. that's not to say that it contained strictly JAPANESE hardcore (lyrically japanese), it just released music by japanese producers.

shimamura, m-project, and uraken are three producers that jumped into my head right away. there are definitely more. if you topic dig, you should find websites. i would do it for you but i'm lazy.

GOOGLE is you friend, amigo.
search away.
skellus Well, my main "source" is Sharpnel with overall around 49 released albums (though some are just releases of someone else's music under Sharpnel Sound label). Other than yes, M-Project, Uraken, The Speedlolita, t+pazolite, RedAlice. Never heard of Shimamura before though.

And as for google. I keep digging and digging, from time to time I find something interesting, but mostly it is difficult to find anything. That's why I ask here :).
Deverse So many times I hear people saying "I have J-Core albums" - But I have no heard about any J-Core releases besides Shiminaura w/e his name is. :(
Samination best place to get them would be guhroovy.com, but they are also the hardest place to order from (considering that they block alot of english spam).

I wouldn't say that Japanese Hardcore is it's infancy, since it has been along since around 2002 (or earlier if you include Dance Dance Revolution Speed series)
skellus Japanese hardcore dates back to winter 1996, there was a Hardcore Kitchen event which introduced UK Hardcore to Japan. The event was led by Uraken. Around that time PROJECT GABBANGELION was created. In 1998 they changed to High Speed Music Team Sharpnel and released first J-Core album DJ. Sharpnel vs. Project Gabbangelion. So they date back to at least 1998.

As for Sharpnel Sound releases - http://www.sharpnel.com/index-j.html .
Samination back then it wasnt called UK Hardcore, but British Happy Hardcore :P
skellus Well, I write what I find :). On Uraken's myspace profile it was written UK Hardcore so that's what it is for me :P.

Besides name is just name, so as long as they mean the same they can be used interchangeably ^^
Samination well to must of us, (UK) Hardcore is what (British) Happy Hardcore changed into around 2001-2002
silver 1. What are the tools/software used by Hardcore music makers?

Same as any other artist. There is no special tool used to make hardcore music.

2. How popular is J-Core in Japan? What is the media response to it? Are there broadcasts of "concerts" (can't find better word)? How often such events are held? How "safe" are such events? What about in other countries all over the world?

There is two sort of groups, the hardcore people (like the music on this site) and the Jcore / doujin people. They don't really mix but some events feature both. I've seen some media on doujin events but nothing good or bad. No broadcasts. Doujin events are all the time but it is normally just a 1 or 2 artist thing. Safe, very, you could wear a money suit and have no problems. No idea about other countries but doujin semi crosses into cosplay.

I don't really follow doujin.

4. And finally, what is the most popular J-8-Bit-Core artist (if any?) The only I know is Sabrepulse and he isn't J- ^^;

See above.
ferocious
quote:
Originally posted by skellus:
Japanese hardcore dates back to winter 1996, there was a Hardcore Kitchen event which introduced UK Hardcore to Japan.

AFAIK Ultra-Sonic played in Japan of 1995. Their Tekno Junkies LP was released to the Japanese market at that same time. Unsure on Scott Brown, though could of done.
silver Actually if you really want to get technical, oldskool was creeping into Japan at a famous club called Juliana's Tokyo in 91-93, avex (record label) were releasing alot of XL recordings stuff, which included SL2 and The Prodigy...

Check this CD release from 92, has SL2, The Prodigy, Channel X etc on it...
http://www.discogs.com/release/243987

Also released this is 93
http://www.discogs.com/release/221288

avex never touched happy hardcore or drum n bass, they totally skipped it... instead avex 100% invented their own music called para para and sold millions of CD's and started making J-pop to much success... Para Para was actually extremely cheesy fast euro music with a set dance routine....

Q-records opened in 95-96 and distributed happy hardcore and drum n bass to Japan they were the only company to do it and distributed all over Japan, they went bankrupt in 2000-01 because they couldn't get out of their 10,000 pound a month buying contract with alphamagic, which most likely sent alphamagic bankrupt as well.

Metropolis in 96 was one of the first hardcore parties, I don't have the details anymore but here is the 97 event details:
http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=33795

Hardcore Kitchen started after or around the first Metropolis party in 96...
skellus
quote:
Originally posted by ferocious:
AFAIK Ultra-Sonic played in Japan of 1995. Their Tekno Junkies LP was released to the Japanese market at that same time. Unsure on Scott Brown, though could of done.

Maybe. It is almost impossible to track Japanese hardcore to its beginnings, especially with lack of cooperation from most known J-Core artist (at least towards me).

EDIT:
Thanks Silver! I find it very interesting, trying to get to the beginnings, even though I am not that very big fan of hardcore music it still is quite fascinating.
silver I just told you where it began, that is the facts there :)
ferocious Yeah but I don't get how Avex never touched happy and drum n bass when Ultra-Sonic and Scooter albums were on this label and there's several jungle compilations. Their latter "Rotterdam Techno" compilations have a few things like Scott Brown, Paul Elstak and Bass Reaction on them.
silver Ask avex, they have release a few to experiment nothing major major, they were making too much money from para para and jpop...
JAKAZiD A couple of Japanese hardcore producers have said to me that the first defining J-Core track (ie hardcore music with Japanese vocals) would be Luna-C's track "Ataru" (catalogue number KFX3): http://www.discogs.com/release/192951

Though of course as silver mentioned, rave music already had a following in Japan through clubs such as Juliana's Tokyo, then later on Velfarre (though 'Velfarre' was more famed for eurobeat music).

1. What are the tools/software used by Hardcore music makers?
The same as producers here, though I would say that there is a tendency more to use hardware over there. For example DJ Shimamura is still using a hardware sampler and most of his sounds are coming from rack-mounted synths. Same as kors k/Omega Force/Teranoid and Buzzmasta. Doujin artists are a bit different though; I can tell that many of them are using VSTs since I've heard distinct preset sounds in a few releases debuting at Touhou and Comiket events.

It's less popular than in the UK for sure; very much still an underground area. Several record shops, such as LPU Records, have closed down (though their web-store is still open). The more popular events, such as Xtreme Hard, Happiness and Happy Jack are held monthly. Others are more sparse.

I would say that they're safer than events in the UK since the Japanese police are much more heavy-handed when it comes to drugs (numerous times it's been reported that police have waited outside a party and demanded a urine sample from anyone acting too oddly).

As for events being broadcast, there has been a couple though they aren't distinctly hardcore. A couple of notable ones I can think of are Da/Le's "Intersect Fractional." (shortened to In/Fra) parties, which have live audio and video feeds online, and the annual Hado Channel broadcasts. Hadoch isn't actually set in a club; it's just an online party (complete with VJ and chat room!) in which Japanese hardcore DJs perform, probably from the comfort of their own homes. Certainly worth checking out next year though.

A huuuuuge variety of genres. Take this CD for example:
http://www.discogs.com/release/1368136
UK hardcore, makina, freeform, gabber, speedcore and breakcore all on the same disc! Pretty much mirrors the diversity of their events, and why I'd prefer to go to one of theirs over 8 hours of the same ~170bpm kick-drum-led hardcore they play here any day.

More recently there's been a bigger influence of doujin on the Japanese hardcore scene. Doujin music (fanmade arrangements/tributes/homages to music from anime/otaku culture) existed a long time before J-core, but with people like REDALiCE, Minamotoya (源や) and DJ 92/Muzik Servant having interests in both areas, a lot of doujin items end up getting sold at booths at the big doujin events, such as Comiket, M3 and Reitaisai.

Not really an expert on this. To be honest, though they're not particularly hardcore, I recommend YMCK, who are a 3-piece band that make very happy, cute J-pop style music in 8-bit style. Might not be your cup of tea though!
silver It depends what you call hardcore, Juliana's Tokyo was most certainly "rave" music and even when hardcore was breaking the UK it still stuck to the rave side of the sound. But with that said certain tunes we would call hardcore outside of Japan were played and released on Juliana's CD's...

Japanese probably don't see Juliana's Tokyo as hardcore because what we call oldskool or early hardcore never came to Japan, the closest to that was Juliana's Tokyo which did play the odd oldskool tune here and there.

Most Japanese might say hardcore music basically started with happy hardcore is 95-96 with DJ Uraken and DJ Ryo and soon after Q-records, but I do say that had Juliana's Tokyo did touch on some elements of early hardcore.
MAtRiCks
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
avex never touched happy hardcore or drum n bass, they totally skipped it... instead avex 100% invented their own music called para para and sold millions of CD's and started making J-pop to much success... Para Para was actually extremely cheesy fast euro music with a set dance routine....

I would like to tie some loose ends here:

AVEX did not invent Eurobeat (Para Para is the name of the dance you refer to, not the music genre, which is named Eurobeat). They simply took over the Eurobeat market.

Eurobeat goes as far back as the 80's so it's actually older than Happy Hardcore. It's very hard to give a clear and precise definition of the whole genre, but let me try: It's an evolution/fusion of 80's italo-disco and pop-rock music, and is produced almost exclusively in Italy, by a select group of music labels: Time Records, A-Beat-C, Delta, Boom Boom Beats, Hi-NRG Attack, SCP and Vibration to name the most important ones. It is sold almost exclusively in Japan, where clubs (promoted or not by AVEX) pay groups of young dancers to choreograph original routines for each Eurobeat songs.

The ParaPara dancing phenomenon isn't exclusive to Eurobeat, and close variations of the dance have also been adapted to Trance and Hyper Techno music, and are referred to as TraPara and TechPara. Heck, even our good old Shooting Star has gotten the ParaPara treatment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqrniwMo-dU&feature=related

for music samples of Eurobeat, I suggest visiting the MySpace pages of some of the main Eurobeat labels:

http://www.myspace.com/deltadance
http://www.myspace.com/scpmusic
http://www.myspace.com/abeatc

the label Hi-NRG Attack also sells their back-catalogue on Juno. Here's my favourite song from them: http://www.junodownload.com/ppps/products/1284612-02.htm

For more informations about Eurobeat, I suggest visiting http://www.eurobeat-prime.com/

NOW we can get back to J-Core music :P
whispering
quote:
Originally posted by MAtRiCks:
AVEX did not invent Eurobeat (Para Para is the name of the dance you refer to, not the music genre, which is named Eurobeat). They simply took over the Eurobeat market.

Japanese and European Eurobeat arent the same thing really.
MAtRiCks
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:

I hope you aren't mistaking Eurodance and Eurobeat here.

There is very few Japanese Eurobeat, and it's comonly called J-Euro. It sounds pretty much exactly like regular Italian Eurobeat, because the J-Euro producers tend to emulate the sounds of the Italian Eurobeat labels like A-Beat-C. remember, even if Eurobeat is produced almost exclusively in Italy, it's sold almost exclusively in Japan, where 99% of its fan base resides. It still is totally European music, only with a strong japanese influence and a lot of Eurobeat is still deeply rooted in the Italo-disco and pop-rock sound.

Here is a good example of J-Euro: Mioco - Reality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYTKORx_Uwo
Densetsu13
quote:
quote:

Like Matricks is trying to explain, Eurobeat is not Eurodance. J-Euro is a part of the Eurobeat genre only that it differs in language (J-euro is sung in Japanese of course) and that the producers and labels are actually Japanese themselves for the most part.

Despite Eurobeat being almost exclusively marketed in Japan there are only a handful of Japanese Eurobeat labels (such as Plum, Fantasy, Akiba Koubou, etc.) compared to the major Eurobeat labels from Italy.

Also note that the link he posted above from 'mioco -Reality' is a track from the label Plum.
whispering
quote:
I hope you aren't mistaking Eurodance and Eurobeat here.

There is very few Japanese Eurobeat, and it's comonly called J-Euro. It sounds pretty much exactly like regular Italian Eurobeat, because the J-Euro producers tend to emulate the sounds of the Italian Eurobeat labels like A-Beat-C. remember, even if Eurobeat is produced almost exclusively in Italy, it's sold almost exclusively in Japan, where 99% of its fan base resides. It still is totally European music, only with a strong japanese influence and a lot of Eurobeat is still deeply rooted in the Italo-disco and pop-rock sound.

Here is a good example of J-Euro: Mioco - Reality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYTKORx_Uwo

Ive been listening Eurodance for 15 years, i know what it is :p

Eurobeat was known as Italo Dance/Disco, Avex Trax started releasing stuff after that (from Italian producers, that differed from the other stuff). It isnt the same genre really (Like UK Hardcore and HHC arent the same). Eurobeat (The genre name) doesnt exclusivly mean the stuff in Japan. Thats why i sayd its not the same. As th stuff produced for the Japanese market is diffrent from the "European" Eurobeat.

quote:
Originally posted by Densetsu13:
J-Euro is a part of the Eurobeat genre only that it differs in language (J-euro is sung in Japanese of course) and that the producers and labels are actually Japanese themselves for the most part.

Despite Eurobeat being almost exclusively marketed in Japan there are only a handful of Japanese Eurobeat labels (such as Plum, Fantasy, Akiba Koubou, etc.) compared to the major Eurobeat labels from Italy.

Also note that the link he posted above from 'mioco -Reality' is a track from the label Plum.

There are loads of albums that are sung in Japanese, but are still produced by Italians. What i'm trying to say is that Eurobeat does not equal to the stuff produced for the Japanese market. E.g. by a quick search theres a compilation from the 80's that uses the term and was released in Germany:
http://www.discogs.com/release/625052

Also a vast majority of the Eurobeat in Japan is sung in english.
MAtRiCks You're right Whispering, and that's why I said Eurobeat is ALMOST exclusively marketed in Japan. Back in the 80's and early 90's, Italo Disco was still popular in Europe and the rest of the world, and even in recent years some albums filled with Italian material were compiled and released in Russia: http://www.eurobeat-prime.com/database.php?album=549#a549

Since most people on these boards aren't familiar with Eurobeat, I tried to give a modern explanation of the genre, and nowadays Eurobeat unfortunately has close to no exposure outside of Japan.

Also, I looked at the tracklist of the 80's album you posted, and I recognize a lot of producers/vocalist that are still active and kicking in the Eurobeat world right now, such as Ken Laszlo. The stuff that AVEX started liscencing in Japan during the 90's isnt all that different from the stuff that was super popular in Europe in the late 80's...

By the way, I like your analogy to UK/Happy Hardcore, but in my book these two genres aren't that different either.
Jackol Regarding question 4, you'll wanna check out Reformat the Planet.
It's a documentary about 8-bit, and there are a bunch of japanese artists in it.
Most notable are A.O.M.A.N.I., Bubblyfish, U-SK, & Meso Kasumi.
Also look up 8 Bit Peoples.
kawaiietly please DJ Sharpnel / Killingscum (same group/person) are the first that come to mind.
Mad Invaderz is the best track ever. bzzzzzzzzrp
silver
quote:

Never said avex invented it, Para Para and Eurobeat are different genres, they sound similar but they are different.

Para Para the name, made up by avex, just the same they made up the word cybertrance for german trance in Japan. But the difference is avex self produced 90% of the Para Para tracks themselves or had them made for them for a fixed fee, nothing licensed just 100% their own material.

There are other Eurobeat and Eurodance compilations released here, they have some Para Para crossover but mainly contain licenses and self produced tracks.

Examples of Para Para:

Jackol
quote:
quote:

Never said avex invented it, Para Para and Eurobeat are different genres, they sound similar but they are different.

Para Para the name, made up by avex, just the same they made up the word cybertrance for german trance in Japan. But the difference is avex self produced 90% of the Para Para tracks themselves or had them made for them for a fixed fee, nothing licensed just 100% their own material.

There are other Eurobeat and Eurodance compilations released here, they have some Para Para crossover but mainly contain licenses and self produced tracks.

Examples of Para Para:

ahahahhaha!
that first vid song is intense!
reminds me of DDR.
MAtRiCks
quote:
quote:

Oh man... You live in Japan, you should know this! :P

There is no such thing as a Para Para music genre. Para Para is a dance style danced specifically to Eurobeat, just like Line-Dancing is to Country music! Para Para dancing history actually goes back farther than Avex's Eurobeat liscencing history, so no, Avex did not invent Para Para Either. All they did was jump on the Eurobeat/Para Para trend when it was blooming in the early 90's and commercialise it.

Avex is kinda to Eurobeat what AATW is to Hardcore! They don't make Eurobeat, but they do pay Italian labels to liscence their material, and they do pay choreographers/dancers to hold Para Para events at their clubs.

Trust me on this, Eurobeat artists/producers on labels like Time, Delta and A-Beat-C have been making that kind of music ever since the 80's, and Avex did not teach them how to do so! :P

And by the way, Hinoi Team are nothing but a lame side-product of Eurobeat, not a good example of it.
whispering
quote:
http://www.eurobeat-prime.com/database.php?album=549#a549

The dude that made that site writes on a finnish forum i use :)
silver
quote:

Sorry dude, going to have to overrule you here, I do live in Japan and work in the music industry in Japan for a long time, Para Para is a genre in Japan, I know the top management at avex personally, it is NOT just a name of the dance, Para Para music involves dancing and you dance "para para" style but it is most certainly a genre of music. If you can read Japanese look at the third video I posted it same "para para version" ala para para remix...

Why do you think they made the new genres TechPara and TraPara, because TechPara is danced to Techno music (what we would call early dance music) and TraPara is danced to cybertrance (what we would call german trance).
DarrenJ
quote:
Originally posted by Jackol:
ahahahhaha!
that first vid song is intense!
reminds me of DDR.

The first song is from DDR :)
both songs are in ddr: disney mix. bad arcade & n64 game lol

MAtRiCks
quote:
quote:

Sorry dude, going to have to overrule you here, I do live in Japan and work in the music industry in Japan for a long time, Para Para is a genre in Japan, I know the top management at avex personally, it is NOT just a name of the dance, Para Para music involves dancing and you dance "para para" style but it is most certainly a genre of music. If you can read Japanese look at the third video I posted it same "para para version" ala para para remix...

Why do you think they made the new genres TechPara and TraPara, because TechPara is danced to Techno music (what we would call early dance music) and TraPara is danced to cybertrance (what we would call german trance).

Look, if you want to see where i'm coming from, I really suggest you visit: www.eurobeat-prime.com/history.php

The information on this website has been partially contributed by the some of the Artists that make Eurobeat in the first place. If the information in the history section doesn't answer all your questions, your welcome to visit the Boards and ask away! A lot of the main Italian Eurobeat producers part take to the forum discussions and will be pleased to enlighten you about the Eurobeat industry.

If you want to know more about Para Para dancing, and also understand why it's closely related to Eurobeat music, I suggest you read this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Para_para

I haven't made those researches yesterday, I've been listening to the genre for 8 years now. I doubt i've been misnaming it all that time. I must admit it can be confusing at first, but it's really simple in the end, since the genre is't that big anymore.
MAtRiCks
quote:

Once again, AVEX did not 'make' Hyper Techno, to which Japanese people dance Tech Para! Same phenomenon as Eurobeat, just slightly more underground.

Jackol
quote:
quote:

Once again, AVEX did not 'make' Hyper Techno, to which Japanese people dance Tech Para! Same phenomenon as Eurobeat, just slightly more underground.

i think its probably safe to say that different people who were a part of the scene have different views on the subject.
you will probably get different info depending on who you talk to.
whispering
quote:
I haven't made those researches yesterday, I've been listening to the genre for 8 years now. I doubt i've been misnaming it all that time. I must admit it can be confusing at first, but it's really simple in the end, since the genre is't that big anymore.

Agree with Jackol, if the Italians call it Eurobeat and you call it Eurobeat, then it must be Eurobeat for you. But you cant force a whole nation to use the same genre name as you do. I dont think either one of you are wrong.
JAKAZiD Have to agree with MAtRiCks on this. Para para, trapara and techpara are kinds of dances, para para generally being a popular Japanese dance style generally done to Eurobeat. avex never invented it; they just capitalised on it with things like their prolific Super Eurobeat series (which was nearly on volume no.200 last time I checked!) and their corresponding events at the now defunct Velfarre. Italo disco was the predecessor to eurobeat and was much slower, and unlike eurobeat _actually popular_ in its country of origin. My half-Italian friend who is a massive fan of eurobeat can vouch for me that eurobeat never really held much fire in Italy, not like the massive boom in Japan. However, if you look at the credits for any of the Super Eurobeat albums, you will see that most of the tracks are licensed from Italian producers.

When eurobeat was really in its heydey, J-pop tried to adapt the style into commercial music, as well as having eurobeat remixes commissioned for chart-topping artists such as Ayumi Hamasaki. The only real difference between general Japanese eurobeat and the eurobeat produced by Italian guys is that the Japanese stuff tends to sound a bit more like J-pop vocally.

Anyway in fear of de-railing this thread any further that's the last I will say on the matter of eurobeat. :)
MAtRiCks Jakazid, you're a breath of fresh air
Densetsu13
quote:
quote:

For the majority of their singles the Hinoi team would have two music videos. One for the song itself which would be played on TV and another that would be released on the extra DVD of their singles. This extra video was called the Para Para Version because it's simply them doing the routine for whatever song they were hacking at the moment =P

Silver, I respect that you live in Japan, work in the music industry and whatnot but Eurobeat as a genre and Para Para are the only things I follow more closely and love more than Hardcore. I spend hundreds a year on Eurobeat and Para related media, it's my main hobby. If you speak to people that actually follow this they would all tell you the same thing. I apologize for contributing to the derailing of this thread though. I usually lurk but I had to speak up on this subject.
silver Well seems your stuck in your way, I know what I know and you can disagree with me thats cool, but I'm speaking from years of experience and working with the people and top management of the companies involved and not what I am reading on the internet or what I heard from a friend.

I've found many times someone says something and 50 people repeat it and it becomes the information on the subject or a wikipedia article. I simple don't agree with what you say because I have lived it and worked in it. You're welcome to whatever you think but this is what I know.
whispering Since were talking correct genre names, id like to point out that there is no such thing as J-Core. If you shorten Japanese Hardcore its J-Hardcore. But even that means its Hardcore by Japanese, not a genre name. There is also no such thing as J-Euro (unless you actually mean Japanese European) ...and can someone say to the Brits that Scouse House is not a genre.
Jackol
quote:
Since were talking correct genre names, id like to point out that there is no such thing as J-Core. If you shorten Japanese Hardcore its J-Hardcore. But even that means its Hardcore by Japanese, not a genre name. There is also no such thing as J-Euro (unless you actually mean Japanese European) ...and can someone say to the Brits that Scouse House is not a genre.

why did they tag house on to the end of scouse?
its played at 140bpm.
kinda silly to call it a new genre just cuz it has a different bassline sound.
JAKAZiD
quote:
Since were talking correct genre names, id like to point out that there is no such thing as J-Core. If you shorten Japanese Hardcore its J-Hardcore. But even that means its Hardcore by Japanese, not a genre name. There is also no such thing as J-Euro (unless you actually mean Japanese European) ...and can someone say to the Brits that Scouse House is not a genre.

Actually, and I know this sounds weird, but "Japanese hardcore" and "J-Core" are sort of different. I hear J-core more associated with otaku speedcore/doujin hardcore stuff, whereas Japanese hardcore is more appropriately used for the Japanese hardcore that sounds not too dissimilar to the UK hardcore we listen to here (i.e. artists like Buzzmasta and Shimamura).

Because of cultural differences between different areas of the world, I think it's fair to tag a country's name on the start of a genre if the sound is significantly different. I mean, if someone said "spanish hardcore" to you, you'd probably instantly think of makina, which also has it's own particular sound. For the same reason, I think that J-pop is quite different to British pop (we don't have idol groups and such singing denpa songs over here!). It is the same way you can describe Japanese cooking and say, German cooking as different things.

It took 2.58 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page