Radio listeners 185+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Clubland Xtreme Hardcore 5

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
korstes The track listing for this album has been posted on DSI and as its not on the main page here yet, i thought i would post it! =]

Enjoy

CD1 - Darren Styles

1 - Intro
2 - Ultrabeat Vs Darren Styles – Discolights
3 - Styles & Breeze – Amigos
4 - Manian – Turn The Tide (Ds Mix)
5 - Darren Styles – Sorry
6 - Dj Fear – First Serve (Dougal & Gammer Mix)
7 - Al Storm & Euphony Feat Donna Marie – All I Wanna Do
8 - Fragma – Toca’s Miracle 08’ (Ds Mix)
9 - Re-Con & Squad-E – Cut & Recycle
10 - Manian – Welcome To The Club (Ds Mix)
11 - Darren Styles Feat Justine – Tell Me (Re-Con Mix)
12 - Al Storm Feat Malaya – It’s Over (Ds Mix)
13 - Re-Con & Squad-E – Why Does My Heart
14 United In Dance – The Horns Of Jericho (Dougal & Gammer Mix)
15 - Azura – The Heartache
16 - United In Dance – 1,2,3,4
17 - Re-Con & Chris Unknown – Please Tell Me
18 - Jamie Ritman – Touch The Sun (Ds Mix)
19 - Darren Styles – Flashlight

CD 2 - Mark Breeze

1 – Breeze V Barley Feat Taya – Falling
2 – Cascada - Because The Night (Breeze & Unknown Remix)
3 – E-Type - True Believer (Styles & Breeze Remix)
4 – Sugababes - About You Now (Breeze & Unknown Remix)
5 – Alex K - Cry For You (Darren Styles Remix)
6 – Mickey Modelle - Take Me Away (Breeze & Ufo Remix)
7 – Styles & Breeze - Weekend Has Come
8 – Breeze & Ufo - X-Rated
9 – Rob Mayth - Heart 2 Heart (Breeze & Ritmen Remix)
10 – Breeze & Styles - Futureset 08
11 - Darwin & In Effect Feat Fraz - Only Road (Breeze Remix)
12 – Breeze & Chris Unknown - Don’t Walk Away
13 – Azura - Tell You A Secret (Breeze Remix)
14 – Jamie Ritmen - Bassphaze
15 – Club Generation Feat (Xtreme Edit) - Every Heartbeat
16 – Breeze V Brad Shure Feat Katie Halliday - Summer Rain
17 – Barley Feat Taya - Feeling So Alive
18 – Styles, Breeze & Re-Con - Love Sick Crazy
19 – Breeze & Chris Unknown - One Desire

CD3 - Hixxy

1 - Hixxy - Deep in the Night
2 - Hixxy & Re-con – The Way
3 - Hixxy – No 1.
4 - united in dance – Do it like this
5 - Hixxy – face in the crowd
7 - The real booty babes – played alive (DS remix)
8 - Hixxy – Now that I found you
9 - Paul EP & Smithy – Walk on Water (Hixxy remix)
10 - Hixxy & Chris Unknown – Get Up Get On Your Feet 1,2,3
11 - Hixxy – Now that I found you
12 - The real booty babes – I kissed a girl (Dougal & Gammer remix)
13 - Hixxy & Technikore – MDMA
14 - LOL – Love Leaves No Scar (Hixxy Remix)
15 - Ultrabeat – Never Ever (Chris Unknown Remix)
16 - Hixxy – The Game, Zaboocan
17 - Hixxy & Chris unknown – Solitary Rush
18 - Hixxy & Storm - Living in a Dream
19- Tecknikore feat Nathalie – Calling out to you
Deverse F A I L
Future_Shock I went through and counted just to illustrate how much that tracklist takes the piss.

1st CD - Darren styles is involved in 9/19 of the tracks.

2nd CD - Breeze is involved in 15(!)/19 tracks

3rd CD - Hixxy is involved in 13/19 tracks.

Over all 57 tracks - raverbaby had a hand in 42 of them.

That really takes the piss.
silver It was on the main page :)
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
I went through and counted just to illustrate how much that tracklist takes the piss.

why does it take the piss? dont like it, dont buy it.
if u wait til it comes out and read the credits they could be involved in alot more, and so what, thats the way its always been a raverbaby/clubland album

clubland is just a name, a very big name and the only way (at the moment) to get hardcore to the masses
Wilky
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
It was on the main page :)

i was on the homepage b4 this thread was posted and didnt see it
Future_Shock
quote:
Originally posted by Wilky:
quote:
I went through and counted just to illustrate how much that tracklist takes the piss.

why does it take the piss?

Are you ****ing KIDDING me!?

You CANT be that stupid. Just because thats how it is doesnt make it okay! or right for that matter!

Its not a showcase for their own personal tracks, but having a few of your own on there i can understand, MAYBE even half... but 15/19 takes the piss breeze.
Craig Switchback
quote:

Your remarks take the piss. Think about it?. It's an 'in house' compilation, so it's gonna be 90% Raverbaby / AATW material. It's been like that over the previous 4 volumes, so why were you expecting anything different.
If you want diversity, then look out for albums such as HU3 and the next Hardcore Nation. Dont see why people get annoyed when these mixes are loaded. They always have been, always will.
Look for something different.
Nightforce

Fake?

:P
SPOOX I'll be buying it. At the end of the day it's still Hardcore so it doesn't matter to me who's on it.
pinkdevil16 defo gona get it may aswel sur it wil av a few gud tunes on it i thought the last 1 was ok
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by SPOOX:
I'll be buying it. At the end of the day it's still Hardcore so it doesn't matter to me who's on it.

I will probably buy it too, depending on the sound clips

And so what if Breeze was involved with that many tracks, anyone remember Scott Brown's mixes there for a while? I'm pretty sure he was throwing out a showcase of himself as well.
Fishy this jsut looks terrible
tru bass theres a credit crunch and people are wasting their money on this shite!

il pass
Smoogie I will be giving this a miss I think.
Tamm best album ever !!! clubland xtreme rules !!!
sophie.HTID
quote:
Originally posted by Nightforce:

Fake?

:P

swear that looks like kylie minogue?

LOL
wong looks f*ck all like kylie
Quicksilver Out of all the songs that they decide to remix from Clubland 14, they don't remix Don't Want This Night To End or Whatever. :( That sucks! Squad-E should have remixed Whatever and put that on there.

Anyhow, looks quite good. But please, **** DISCOLIGHTS! I hate it!

Oh, and I think the tracklisting for CD3 is a bit wrong? "Hixxy – Now that I found you" appears twice and "LOL – Love Leaves No Scar (Hixxy Remix)" was on CXH4?!?
hardcore anorak
will be getting this looks ok for me
95_was_the_time is, some one taking the piss?
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
is, some one taking the piss?

no! not really, all 3 DJ's have done the same as the other 4 albums! they sell really well and a lot of people like them! I don't, just like you, but that's why people listen to different types of music! including hardcore! Its why NOW 71 has reached number 71! it "sells" If albums don't sell they don't reach the next number! CXH5 will either do really well or die a death, (We'll find out next year)

silver Tracks look interesting, but I hate the fact I wont be able to DJ them for 3 years.
warped_candykid The only track I dont like from looking at the tracklisting is the remix of "I Kissed A Girl"...I HATE that song. I dont know about you UKanians, but over here in America, that song floods the media. Now, I dont listen to the radio at all, but my friend has the song on her cell phone, and I have to listen to her sing to it when she rides with me. Buts its all over the tv.
Trimms Discolights is so horrible. What a disappointment to see it pushed out again.

I'll pick it up because it's commercial and can draw people in to the genre, but for the most part I've only ever liked Breeze's mixes on these sets (although my favorite overall mix has been Hixxy on CXH1).

Although this is nothing new I'm pumped for the seven upcoming S3RL tracks, among many others, so a bit of cheesy Clubland amidst all the new releases won't kill me.
DarrenJ well the cd cover is nice, must be a new designer
Deverse Some tracklist is alright but hate that they putting some old songs back on the album.

MAtRiCks
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Tracks look interesting, but I hate the fact I wont be able to DJ them for 3 years.

Same here! It's always like that with raver baby, but it got a bit better with futureworld and junkbox.
tommyc I'll be burning my copy... with fire.
whittle1 CD 1 looks excellent as per usual from DS.
CD 2 looks abismal, it will be a case of same old same old from Breeze. Why is there a remix of Sugababes on there!?!?!?
CD 3 Again, will be the same drivel from Hixxy. Just why aren't they willing to change what they put on the last two discs? The series would gain much more praise if they included more quality tunes.
Torpex Could everyone please understand that CXH is an outlet for the 3 guys' own stuff and it's not gonna change? Plus, it's freaking CLUBLAND. It's not going to be underground. It's supposed to be like this and sound like this. Of course it shouldn't be getting such a massive % of the attention the whole scene is getting, but it's a different issue altogether.

Stop whining, start acting. If you don't like the current state of things, change it. :) The rest of the scene needs all the help and support it can get and then some more.

The album is probably going to be rather fun, hopefully a bit better than number four.
acidfluxxbass it looks interesting. lots of tracks i have yet to hear which is good.

the first cd looks good. lots of recon and styles like last year. whilst they're a good mix, it can get irritationg to hear the same style mixing and tunes over and over. i hate sopme of styles' tunes too. discolights, flashlights, not for me - well made - but not my taste.

theres a few others, like al storm and jamie ritmen that look good.

cd 2 looks pretty boring. once again, lots of vocal stuff, breeze style..
however ritmen comes in with a nice looking tune and x-rated by mark & UFo also sounds good - but only because it doesnt sound like it'll be a vocal tune..

cd 3 looks almost experimental. hixxy is bcak on the producing scene and all the booty babes stuff looks intruiging - but hixxy works on too much of them - and i hesitate ill get bored..

AATW had better not continue such a style or bonkers 18'll be disappointing. i dont see why dj's cant expand and mix other peioples material other than mostly just their own..
J.T.S Looks like it is a wicked cd...
Trimms
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
AATW had better not continue such a style or bonkers 18'll be disappointing. i dont see why dj's cant expand and mix other peioples material other than mostly just their own..

I totally agree.

I'm not saying they should have done that with CXH as for the most part, it's a show case for three talented producers.
But, I'm very worried about Bonkers.

TheOneNOnly I'll be debating whether or not if I want it for awhile.

I'm all for a lot of styles, and I'm not gonna shoot something down for maybe a few artists. Ffs, for all you know you might like some of the mixes your self. Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely to happen? No.

But, that's never stopped me before. Sure as in hell ain't gonna stop me any time soon, but still a thinker if I might -waste- money or not.

latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Trimms:

Although this is nothing new I'm pumped for the seven upcoming S3RL tracks, among many others, so a bit of cheesy Clubland amidst all the new releases won't kill me.

What 7 S3RL Tracks????? i gotta know cuz i'm lovin the stuff this guy is puttin out now!
Gabee Looking forward to it. And what did I tell ya? The cover is blues
Watson. Looks like a couple of decent tracks, but overall, I'm not too impressed. Wih any luck it'll end up in the January sales, might buy it then.

Either that or I'll wait until my mate buys it then see what I make of it. If it's good, I'll buy it.
Trimms
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

What 7 S3RL Tracks????? i gotta know cuz i'm lovin the stuff this guy is puttin out now!

Check the latest new releases post on the front page.

gustozest
I think they have to agree licenses for the tunes. It makes it a whole lot easier if the rights are owned by the djs/labels in the mix. I don't have a problem with showcase albums (even if clubland is not obviously advertised as such).

Personally i am pissed off with this series due to aatw totally over sexualizing and polishing up hardcore to make it acceptable to mainstream culture. The marketing for these albums is not really aimed at ravers directly.

Before anyone says; I do know that they need to make money but i feel that they are moving away from what rave is: an open and free environment based on equality (race, sex etc) for people to express themselves without feeling they need to have tits and a tan to justify listening to the music. An appreciation of the roots to the music would be nice. How they do this I do not know, but staying away from being misogynist nobs is a good start (i.e. all aatw videos!)

As far as I am concerned rave has never been sexy and never should be. Long live the messy times and the dirty underground sounds!

Apart from that I am sure the production is top notch and the tunes of the usual standard as can be expected from these guys and a big part of me wishes it does well.
GrahamC I have said it before and I will say it again.

Styles, Breeze & especially Hixxy need to be slowly battered with large wooden beams.

They produce shite and are shite. And I want to beat them!
djepi
quote:
I have said it before and I will say it again.

Styles, Breeze & especially Hixxy need to be slowly battered with large wooden beams.

They produce shite and are shite. And I want to beat them!

Whatever turns you on mate.

Isn't it weird how every tracklist on a CXH album make you thing ****ing hell why are they remixing that. Still Darren and Mark always deliver - gonna get bought.
RomanticKnight Uh... No Sy & Unknown Traks, no Sy & Unknown Remixes ... uff ... i like those djs XD
djwilson looks geat gunna pre-order as soon a HMV upload it.
RaverOfDarkness Almost here. I love the sound of the True Believer remix, Darren Styles' I'm Sorry and the Amigos song the most. Sugababes= :(
Mortis Again I think I'll reserve my judgement until I hear samples of it. I'm not the biggest fan of the series...although #2 was a really good album.
Mental_Adam oh dear,

Why is their so many mainstream songs on here? Hardcore to the mainstream? it won't work!
RaverOfDarkness
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
Again I think I'll reserve my judgement until I hear samples of it. I'm not the biggest fan of the series...although #2 was a really good album.

#2 was and is my favorite as well
tru bass just saw the advert and it looks awful!

uktop40 + hardcore = shite..

no thanks!
acidfluxxbass saw the ad, looks shokin!
the tune they started the ad put me off straight away.

they claim to have the biggest names in hardcore on their compilation, but there are only 3 different artists in the whole thing! look how many songs DS, Breeze or Hixx made or remixed!

and the best hardcore album of the year obviously was THC2
pinkdevil16 hmm bought it today listenin to it now...just listened to darren styles, sorry...proof the guy cant sing...almost painful lol...will post what i think of the rest of it when i have finished listeneing.
Jackol
quote:

the hixxy cd has traditionally been a mix of his own tracks.
pinkdevil16
quote:
Originally posted by korstes:
The track listing for this album has been posted on DSI and as its not on the main page here yet, i thought i would post it! =]

Enjoy

CD1 - Darren Styles

1 - Intro
2 - Ultrabeat Vs Darren Styles – Discolights
3 - Styles & Breeze – Amigos
5 - Darren Styles – Sorry
6 - Dj Fear – First Serve (Dougal & Gammer Mix)
7 - Al Storm & Euphony Feat Donna Marie – All I Wanna Do
8 - Fragma – Toca’s Miracle 08’ (Ds Mix)
10 - Manian – Welcome To The Club (Ds Mix)
11 - Darren Styles Feat Justine – Tell Me (Re-Con Mix)
12 - Al Storm Feat Malaya – It’s Over (Ds Mix)
13 - Re-Con & Squad-E – Why Does My Heart
15 - Azura – The Heartache
16 - United In Dance – 1,2,3,4
17 - Re-Con & Chris Unknown – Please Tell Me
18 - Jamie Ritman – Touch The Sun (Ds Mix)
19 - Darren Styles – Flashlight

CD 2 - Mark Breeze

1 – Breeze V Barley Feat Taya – Falling
2 – Cascada - Because The Night (Breeze & Unknown Remix)
3 – E-Type - True Believer (Styles & Breeze Remix)
4 – Sugababes - About You Now (Breeze & Unknown Remix)
5 – Alex K - Cry For You (Darren Styles Remix)
6 – Mickey Modelle - Take Me Away (Breeze & Ufo Remix)
7 – Styles & Breeze - Weekend Has Come
8 – Breeze & Ufo - X-Rated
9 – Rob Mayth - Heart 2 Heart (Breeze & Ritmen Remix)
10 – Breeze & Styles - Futureset 08
11 - Darwin & In Effect Feat Fraz - Only Road (Breeze Remix)
12 – Breeze & Chris Unknown - Don’t Walk Away
13 – Azura - Tell You A Secret (Breeze Remix)
14 – Jamie Ritmen - Bassphaze
15 – Club Generation Feat (Xtreme Edit) - Every Heartbeat
16 – Breeze V Brad Shure Feat Katie Halliday - Summer Rain
17 – Barley Feat Taya - Feeling So Alive
18 – Styles, Breeze & Re-Con - Love Sick Crazy
19 – Breeze & Chris Unknown - One Desire

CD3 - Hixxy

1 - Hixxy - Deep in the Night
2 - Hixxy & Re-con – The Way
3 - Hixxy – No 1.
4 - united in dance – Do it like this
5 - Hixxy – face in the crowd
7 - The real booty babes – played alive (DS remix)
8 - Hixxy – Now that I found you
9 - Paul EP & Smithy – Walk on Water (Hixxy remix)
10 - Hixxy & Chris Unknown – Get Up Get On Your Feet 1,2,3
11 - Hixxy – Now that I found you
12 - The real booty babes – I kissed a girl (Dougal & Gammer remix)
13 - Hixxy & Technikore – MDMA
14 - LOL – Love Leaves No Scar (Hixxy Remix)
16 - Hixxy – The Game, Zaboocan
17 - Hixxy & Chris unknown – Solitary Rush
18 - Hixxy & Storm - Living in a Dream
19- Tecknikore feat Nathalie – Calling out to you

you missed trach six on hixxys cd (Hixxy-Brother (Guiding light) all the tracklists on the internet say the one you posted but on the back of the cd it has that track on it which is right
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by Mental_Adam:
oh dear,

Why is their so many mainstream songs on here? Hardcore to the mainstream? it won't work!

where have you been the last 5 few years lol
hardcore blatently went mainsteam before they have even released a Hardcore Euphoria :P

years before they even released the album i said on here "you'll know hardcores really gone mainstream when they release a "Hardcore Euphoria"

pinkdevil16
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
quote:
oh dear,

hardcore blatently went mainsteam before they have even released a Hardcore Euphoria :P

years before they even released the album i said on here "you'll know hardcores really gone mainstream when they release a "Hardcore Euphoria"

Hardcore Euphoria was an amazing album tho :)
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by pinkdevil16:
quote:
quote:
oh dear,

Hardcore Euphoria was an amazing album tho :)

Enjoyed it myself too. The brand itself may be mainstream but the tracks on the album i didn't think particularly were - least not by today's standards (it has gotten more mainstream in these last two or so years). As for the album - Meh. Not interested in the slightest.
danjel I thought no one outside knowed about E-Type. Now we have a hardcore remix of his tune. haha
The album looks ok. Nice to see some remixes with just Unknown (without Sy) and tunes from Technkore.
But just like Silver said: We wont be able do DJ the tunes for many years.
Damn, I dont like the label Raver Baby...
pinkdevil16
quote:
Originally posted by danjel:
I thought no one outside knowed about E-Type. Now we have a hardcore remix of his tune. haha
The album looks ok. Nice to see some remixes with just Unknown (without Sy) and tunes from Technkore.

E-Type was on clubland 14 I think...true believer has been around for a while tho hasnt it?
Miikkii Il be checking this one out. Mainstream Darren Styles, Breeze, Hixxy kind of stuff isnt what im really into. Although it should be a good album for what it is. I think il enjoy it anyways.
JustIncredible I'd rate this album around the same as 4. Not bad, but nothing spectacular either. Beats 3 by miles though.
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by danjel:
I thought no one outside knowed about E-Type. Now we have a hardcore remix of his tune. haha

the video has been on Clubland tv for months! my Poppy loves it! she shakes here head when it comes on! I like the way he gets a 80's type rock group to sing the track! BTW the female singer in it is really fit!

djmakio There are a couple good tracks on there.
Its good to see Al storm on there!
simdog listening to it at work now.

14. Azura - The Heartache
is my fav so far :)
warped_candykid Just watched the tv ad...Featuring the biggest names in Hardcore....All I saw were the same names repeating themselves.
RaverOfDarkness I actually like Breeze's mix the most. Hixxy's is very disappointing. Couldn't get into it. That song which has the person saying, "I'll gouge out your eyes and skull **** you" has a sort of Clit Commander flavor to it except the song is not as good. The United In Dance songs are horrible. I hate that type of hardcore. 3.8/5 for me. Unfortunately, they didn't have two great songs from Raver Baby 11 on it. The song which has an acoustic guitar part in it, a la Come Running/Free Your Mind and the song which has a girl singing lyrics like "Heavenly, let your spirit cover me," and talking about sanctuary or century. If that does not help, they were both on Supreme's set.
Rayovac CD 1 actually looks pretty good. But WTF with the other two, especially CD 3!
warped_candykid Breeze & Chris Unknown-One Desire....Guy or Chick on vocals?
Wilky im pretty sure breeze mix of this was on hhc.com radio yesterday when i was in the bath
Deverse The CD sucks. Boring tunes.

Anyways I'm sure this album is not mixed live on decks but mixed on Sony Acid or something? Someone confirm this?
bulby_g
quote:
Originally posted by Deverse:
The CD sucks. Boring tunes.

Anyways I'm sure this album is not mixed live on decks but mixed on Sony Acid or something? Someone confirm this?

Commercial mix CD's aren't normally mixed on decks these days.
JamieLeeds wheres the proper tracklist coz all the ones I'm reading say 'Hixxy - now that i found you' twice as tracks 8 and 11
Deverse
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
quote:
Originally posted by Deverse:
The CD sucks. Boring tunes.

Commercial mix CD's aren't normally mixed on decks these days.

Why's that?
Torpex To make them as technically perfect as possible. Compilations are supposed to showcase tunes, not DJ skills.
Mortis I've heard almost all of it now and it's a pretty solid album from I've heard. Some good some bad...and yeah the "mixing" is non existent as you'd expect.
Mental_Adam Just looking at the tracklist, looks poor.
raindancerob
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
To make them as technically perfect as possible. Compilations are supposed to showcase tunes, not DJ skills.

not just that but DJs have months to do a mix CD over & over again so that its perfect.
acidfluxxbass right. if bonkers 18 is like this - all main stream and dancey - ill shoot myself. the musics going down the pan. thankfully hardcore nation 2009 will breathe some life into the scene
oliecanlett Just gave the CD a proper listen! Some good stuff on there but the newer ones are not a shadow of what the older ones are! Why is discolights on there? I really dopnt like the sidechained songs on the Styles mix! I was imperessed with the Hixxy mix some realy nice stuff on there!
pinkdevil16 nothing special...Hixxys mix is prob my fav the odd good track on breezes aswel daren styles is just poor tho...i think CXH4 was a lot beter.
djepi Gutted... every Clubland Hardcore has always been class but this is shit.

Breeze? The CXH 4 was genius - some of the tracks so complex and technical but this? Just a sell out.

Even Hixxy makes an effort this time (still crap though as ever).

But Breeze??? Come on... Love Sick Crazy is the one track out of 19 thats any good.

Styles CD - Hardcore
Hixxy CD - Hardcore
Breeze CD - Cheezy ripoffs and remixes of top 40 shite.
von-X Clubland Extremely Commercial Hardcore 5
FingazMc Listened to this today there was 2 tracks i liked on it, thats it!!!
acidfluxxbass is it better or worse than htid the album? i reckon better,
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
is it better or worse than htid the album? i reckon better,

Hey now! I thought the new HTID album was pretty decent! There was at least some mixing between the tracks that lasted longer than 10 sec.
Quicksilver FFS!

I can't stand SHIT like Discolights, Sorry and Welcome To The Club. Reminds me of Basshunter and I HATE it, please Darren Styles - I never thought I'd agree with the critics but more music like this and I'll stop caring about his music.

PLEASE SAVE ME FROM THESE THREE SONGS!

I have only gotten so far as Tell Me on CD1 so if more songs like the above show up.... I'll need a shoulder to cry on and a face to jab.
Rayovac I remember when hixxy was good.
raindancerob lol yeah those were the days, but that was along time ago.
Quicksilver I never thought I would ever say this but... I put on CD2... About You Now (Sugababes) came on... I happened to like it so much that I... eh... put it on again.... and then again.... and once more....

Ah sod it, IT'S A GREAT, UPLIFTING TRACK! :D
raindancerob lol your joking yeah ?
MAtRiCks It's coming in the mail, it's coming in the maillll!!!

I'm always very excited when it comes to Clubland, and this one is no exception. I personally LOVE the new flow Styles is using with songs such as Discolights and Welcome to the club, I find it's a breath of fresh air in a overall very stagnant Hardcore soundworld, underground or commercial.

oh and i'm glad to hear positive comments about the sugababes remix, because I went and listen to the original, and it really didn't do anything for me. Hopefully, the hardcore treatment will be efficient.
TypeR
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
Just watched the tv ad...Featuring the biggest names in Hardcore....All I saw were the same names repeating themselves.

um... darren styles, mark breeze, and hixxy have been at the top of the hardcore scene for almost twenty years. where have you been?
Meph751 can someone please tell me that 'Hixxy & Chris Unknown - Slow And Steady Rush' on the Hixxy CD isn't a cover of faith hill.... please...?
raindancerob
quote:
Originally posted by TypeR:
quote:
Just watched the tv ad...Featuring the biggest names in Hardcore....All I saw were the same names repeating themselves.

um... darren styles, mark breeze, and hixxy have been at the top of the hardcore scene for almost twenty years. where have you been?

lol abit of an exaggeration there my friend its more like 15 at the most.
TypeR 15 years if you average the three.

actually 14.3

now mind you, that's only using their production dates. they dj'd way longer before they began production.

and that's what i meant.

these are the three djs that mixed this comp if i'm not mistaken.
DarrenJ so no reviews yet?
DJ-Intensity Only one tunes stands out on this CD Storm & Euphony All I Wanna Do.
Camilla Must say that i got very disapointed after i heard the mixes. It was only a few songs that i liked. Whats happening to the hardcore genre? Styles, Breeze, Hixxy..they used to be good =(
DJ-Intensity First time ever Darwin on Clubland X Treme.

Plus the second best tune is Falling on Breeze's CD
Torpex
quote:
Originally posted by Camilla:
Whats happening to the hardcore genre?

Hardcore is not just Clubland. ;)
redwingz Definitely not buying it. There are some decent tunes on there:
Manian - Turn the tide
But do i really want to hear a hardcore remix of all the donk tracks that are a year old?......

No.

They are good tracks for albums like Ultimate NRG, but that is where most of these tracks are taken from and then just remixed for hardcore. This is not donk, this is hardcore Styles and Breeze, make your own tunes!
DJ-Intensity
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Camilla:
Whats happening to the hardcore genre?

Hardcore is not just Clubland. ;)

I'll second that!

Starstruck I heard a clip of the 3rd track on Hixxys cd and it sounds fresh!
Quicksilver I love the melody or lead in The Heartache.
Kosmic Hixxy's Mix is the best
whittle1
quote:
Originally posted by Rayovac:
I remember when hixxy was good.

He's never been good. There are limited tracks of his which are decent. If you're refering to his Bonkers mixes, then yes, spot on, excellent! But this is only his selection of tracks, his personal batch are weak.
Track 6 on his mix, Guiding Light i think, personally it is OK but i have a feeling that is Hixxy singing, so where has he been hiding???!!! Those are some belting chords!
raindancerob
quote:
15 years if you average the three.

actually 14.3

now mind you, that's only using their production dates. they dj'd way longer before they began production.

and that's what i meant.

these are the three djs that mixed this comp if i'm not mistaken.

true but not 20 years like you said lol
raindancerob
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
quote:

He's never been good. There are limited tracks of his which are decent. If you're refering to his Bonkers mixes, then yes, spot on, excellent! But this is only his selection of tracks, his personal batch are weak.
Track 6 on his mix, Guiding Light i think, personally it is OK but i have a feeling that is Hixxy singing, so where has he been hiding???!!! Those are some belting chords!

init man Toytown was the worst tune ever !
Rayovac
quote:
Originally posted by raindancerob:
quote:
quote:

I think Vinylgroover's remix of it is pretty damn good.
raindancerob yeah i like the remix but the Noddy & Big Ears & In Ya Face mixes are cack.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I didn't much care for the original, but the vocal remix was better!

o definitely best track from Hixxy from Back In The Day was Wanting to Get High

that was awesome and everything he makes now pales in comparison to in IMO
Gabee There are so many different opinions in this thread that I thought I'd share mine.

I have only listened to the first cd, and there were some good tracks on there that I liked. But what tha fook is up with the mixes. I did read a previous post were someone stated that the commercial albums arn't mixed on decks. When it says "mixed by ds" and "mixed by breeze" I expect it to have some proper mixes in there. What the so called dj's on the album are doing is just hitting play and pause.

But what really dissapointed me was the first track that played - discolights. Mood killer. As the cd played I did find some tracks that I enjoyed though. So here's the ones on darren styles so called "mix" that I liked:

Styles & Breeze - Amigos
DJ Fear - First Serve (Dougal & Gams mix)
United In Dance - The Horns of Jericho (Dougal & Gams mix)
Azura - The Heartache

Shait, quite alright
raindancerob
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

TUNE !
benyboybob Another AWFUL CD from them sell outs...
raindancerob i couldnt agree more.
Starstruck Hixxy disc, track 3 !!!

AAAOOOHHHH OH UH OH UHHH OHHHHHH OH UH UH OH OHHHHHHHH, etc.. :D

Awesome !!!
Rayovac
quote:

that was awesome and everything he makes now pales in comparison to in IMO

That track is ****ing awesome.

raindancerob init the b side Boom, Boom, Bang, Bang! is pretty fat aswell like.
Craigavon raver won,t be purchasing this,some of the tracks in the advert sounded bad really bad but the 1 after dicolights(i think)sounded ok but def not geting this
Quicksilver Standout tracks:

Hixxy - There When You Fall (AWESOME)
Azura - The Heartache
Barley & Taya - Feeling So Alive (Uplifting!)
Sugababes - About You Now (Breeze & Unknown Remix)
Jamie Ritmen - Touch The Sun (Darren Styles Mix)
simdog :p yup azura - the heartache, is definantly my favourite off the album
Meathead Just listened to the clips on Juno....... Suprise suprise, i hate it. Every track sounds exactly the same either same old trancey nonsense Electro bleepiness or tracks in a Discolights/Basshunter style. Christ i've just wasted 15 minutes of my life listening to this. Wasn't expecting anything good with this album and it's actually managed not to live up to those expectations. Genuinely didn't like any more than one or two tracks track and only about five were listenable.

What's with the non-existent mixing? I know it's supposed to be a showcase of "teh sick HaRdCoRe tunes" but come on where's the skill in this stop-start, flick the fader approach?

Some proper cringe-worthy tracks on this; Amigos forever, Sorry and Welcome To The Club for example, i was actually embarrassed listening to this CD and i was home alone. Oh and WTF is Darwin doing on this? Oh my word this is a dark day for hardcore .

I gave this a shot, and feel a fool for doing so. Think that's me done with the CLXH series, and maybe even AATW, for good now. Just have to hope and pray they show mercy on the Bonkers series. I suppose i best just mention: this is all just my opinion, i'm not stating it as fact. Thank you and goodnight.
redwingz
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
Just listened to the clips on Juno....... Suprise suprise, i hate it. Every track sounds exactly the same either same old trancey nonsense Electro bleepiness or tracks in a Discolights/Basshunter style. Christ i've just wasted 15 minutes of my life listening to this. Wasn't expecting anything good with this album and it's actually managed not to live up to those expectations. Genuinely didn't like any more than one or two tracks track and only about five were listenable.

What's with the non-existent mixing? I know it's supposed to be a showcase of "teh sick HaRdCoRe tunes" but come on where's the skill in this stop-start, flick the fader approach?

Some proper cringe-worthy tracks on this; Amigos forever, Sorry and Welcome To The Club for example, i was actually embarrassed listening to this CD and i was home alone. Oh and WTF is Darwin doing on this? Oh my word this is a dark day for hardcore .

I gave this a shot, and feel a fool for doing so. Think that's me done with the CLXH series, and maybe even AATW, for good now. Just have to hope and pray they show mercy on the Bonkers series. I suppose i best just mention: this is all just my opinion, i'm not stating it as fact. Thank you and goodnight.

U r about one of the only people on this forum talking sense at the minute.......thank u!

I listened to some clips last night and its just soooo not my type of 'hardcore'

Roll on HU3 and Bonkers 18 i say!

Just noticed too, how have some people managed to post like 600 posts in about 3 months?!?!?! Half the crap being said on this site is nonsense atm

Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by redwingz:
quote:
Just listened to the clips on Juno....... Suprise suprise, i hate it. Every track sounds exactly the same either same old trancey nonsense Electro bleepiness or tracks in a Discolights/Basshunter style. Christ i've just wasted 15 minutes of my life listening to this. Wasn't expecting anything good with this album and it's actually managed not to live up to those expectations. Genuinely didn't like any more than one or two tracks track and only about five were listenable.

U r about one of the only people on this forum talking sense at the minute.......thank u!

I listened to some clips last night and its just soooo not my type of 'hardcore'

Just noticed too, how have some people managed to post like 600 posts in about 3 months?!?!?! Half the crap being said on this site is nonsense atm

Lol me talking sense? Now that is a laugh ;)

600 posts in 3 months? Hmm wonder who you could possibly be talking about lol
DJ-Intensity Went on Juno myself and saw this CD I thought why not have a listen of the tunes must admit the tunes are useless two tunes stand out All I Wanna Do and that Sorry tune on Styles CD.

I used to like Clubland X Treme Hardcore CDs now I've lost complete interest in them.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by redwingz:
quote:

Lol me talking sense? Now that is a laugh ;)

600 posts in 3 months? Hmm wonder who you could possibly be talking about lol

the # of posts should definitely not matter. quality over quantity. besides most of the ppl who have that many posts are only 1 liners that really is a waste of a response, and others just a 1 liner negative response

anyways, yes this is by far the worst of the Clublands. the tracks are just embarrassing as you said, and the speed is extremely slow compared to the last ones, even 4. i honestly don't even want to consider this hardcore anymore, even tho it is. When the 3rd or 4th one came out, ppl started calling it Clubcore, and that definitely suits it better than hardcore.
DarrenJ After listening to it, wasnt that bad. only "Dj Fear – First Serve (Dougal & Gammer Mix)" was cringe worthy.

Really liked the first half of breeze's, intro track isnt the best intro track ever picked thu.
acidfluxxbass that was one of few tracks i liked! haha
4-1 your serve :P

no it was actually shokingly bad.
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenJ:
After listening to it, wasnt that bad. only "Dj Fear – First Serve (Dougal & Gammer Mix)" was cringe worthy.

Really liked the first half of breeze's, intro track isnt the best intro track ever picked thu.

I actually liked that one. It's a fun not-too-serious track also summed up this album for me in a way. Completely ridiculous but hey at least it's summat different. I laughed when it cam on and did the old "oh my god why?" thing but atleast i didn't have to bury my head in my hands.
acidfluxxbass the gal on the front looks like shes fingerin her belly button XD
FAKE but i wud ;)
Triquatra yeah - but its "bindun" before (Object One - Ping Pong (B.S.E. Remix)) its on
http://www.discogs.com/release/196169

got that one when i was in holland last
BES 28 good
Al_X I thought it was decent enough, best track is Amigos by a long shot compared to the others, and Futurset 08 isn't bad either. But is Darren Styles writing his lyrics with a crayon or something cause Sorry is perpetually terrible. Was gonna send it back till First Serve came on.
DJ-Intensity Just as worse as True Hardcore 2.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Intensity:
Just as worse as True Hardcore 2.

personally i think True Hardcore 1 or 2 would have been good mix cds if they didn't get have the MCing in them. never been to any hardcore raves myself, but hearing from life CDs and the True Hardcore previews I find them rather annoying.

and yea I agree with the Sorry lyrics. not my favorite tune from that album. neither is Amigo i'm surprised a lot of ppl here consider it good.
DJ-Intensity
quote:
quote:

personally i think True Hardcore 1 or 2 would have been good mix cds if they didn't get have the MCing in them. never been to any hardcore raves myself, but hearing from life CDs and the True Hardcore previews I find them rather annoying.

and yea I agree with the Sorry lyrics. not my favorite tune from that album. neither is Amigo i'm surprised a lot of ppl here consider it good.

Tbh True Hardcore 1 is an average CD.

Triquatra so - my vote is for re-releasing all the old stage-one cds :D
raindancerob lol why when you can still buy em direct from the label itself: http://www.justanotherlabel.com
Meathead
quote:
quote:

Agreed, can't stand that track. Every time someone says it's good i cringe just a little

Ken Masters Clubland Extreme What's that
pinkdevil16
quote:
lol why when you can still buy em direct from the label itself: http://www.justanotherlabel.com

I checked that out...reli cheap cds!

raindancerob init & vinyl & they even send you a nice personalised compliments slip, which they also used to do back in the day when i brought off of em in 96 :o)
pinkdevil16
quote:
init & vinyl & they even send you a nice personalised compliments slip, which they also used to do back in the day when i brought off of em in 96 :o)

lol...how much is delivery do u no...dnt fink it says on the website
raindancerob im not 100% sure but when i brought a record & a cd it was under £3 i think. if you add what you want to the cart it'l tell you before you pay & if your not ready to buy just empty your cart.
raindancerob iv just checked & its £2.05 for one cd, so including vat & p+p a 99p cd comes to £3.31 which aint bad. from Discogs the same cd with postage comes to: £9.22 & thats in 2nd hand condition lol http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/5870243
pinkdevil16
quote:
iv just checked & its £2.05 for one cd, so including vat for a 99p cd its comes to £3.31 which aint bad. from Discogs the same cd with postage comes to: £9.22 & thats in 2nd hand condition lol http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/5870243

raindancerob people on discogs must think that people are thick, why would ya pay more for a used cd then a new one lol
latininxtc
quote:
people on discogs must think that people are thick, why would ya pay more for a used cd then a new one lol

i checked that site out it was incredible! i have never seen an mp3 download of the hardcore genre (with the exception of iTunes which has a sad selection of it) for under 1.50 US dollars a track! when i got the money, i'll definitely buy a lot of them!
raindancerob yeah man unlike some labels (not all tho) they dont charge alot & never have either :o)
Gabee Btw.. I think I'm in love. The girl at 0:29 in the commercial is so cute
Henrik K. i confess i listened to the clips and thought what a dissapointment

but one of my mates had ordered the album and i had to listen to it and now i love it!
spudpeel Will anyone admit to seeing the CXH5 ad on tv on saturday, in a break in XFactor. I dread to think what it cost aatw to put that on during primetime telly.
**Btw, I was forced to watch 5 mins of the crumby show waiting for my housemate, honest!**
Triquatra i was quite proud to see a hardcore album advertised between such a huge tv show - i mean, a good 80% of the UK know about it now....

even though its not the greatest album on the planet, it still made me warm inside that music above 165bpm was being played on national UK televison at a time when - lets me honest most of england are tuned into that one channel watching that one show.

:) yay hardcore.
spudpeel I didnt know if it was regional, I know its not generally a southern music taste, I didnt know if they broadcast the same over the UK.

I bought the album today, and I share the same feeling about the lack of mixing. The way I see it though, I buy these albums to hear the tunes, but the most exciting mixing generally happens at the raves.
warped_candykid I still plan to buy this album.
Mako Good album!

Favs so far... even though they are packed full of rockin choonage.
Hirschi Hey guys,
instead of bashing around, here's a serious question: What happened to Hixxy's brother? Does anybody know? Considering the dedication he died...how awful! My condolence to Hixxy.

Greetz
Hirschi
SPOOX I bought it & it was nowhere near as bad as i thought it was gonna be.
pinkdevil16
quote:
Originally posted by Hirschi:
Hey guys,
instead of bashing around, here's a serious question: What happened to Hixxy's brother? Does anybody know? Considering the dedication he died...how awful! My condolence to Hixxy.

Greetz
Hirschi

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=42781

The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by spudpeel:
Will anyone admit to seeing the CXH5 ad on tv on saturday, in a break in XFactor. I dread to think what it cost aatw to put that on during primetime telly.
**Btw, I was forced to watch 5 mins of the crumby show waiting for my housemate, honest!**

its because its done shite in the charts this year! (15) usually they've made top 5! Its because of woolies and Zavvi i'd say!

MAtRiCks I wish Hardcore would get that kind of advertisement back here in Canada. We struggle to bring a 400ppl crowd here these days, that's how bad hardcore is unknown of. I really can't imagine how it must be to see advertisement for Hardcore albums on popular tv shows.
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by MAtRiCks:
I wish Hardcore would get that kind of advertisement back here in Canada. We struggle to bring a 400ppl crowd here these days, that's how bad hardcore is unknown of. I really can't imagine how it must be to see advertisement for Hardcore albums on popular tv shows.

I would rather have 400 people who are there for the right reasons than have 1000 people running around messed up.
TypeR just imagine how ghey a total sober rave would be. i played a sober rave in a library. it was a cool party, however there was zero vibe. not saying drugs make the vibe, but i'm sure that it helps in a way.

plus i'd rather go to a hardcore rave with 1000 messed up people than to not have hardcore raves at all.
warped_candykid I want to know how Hixxy talked Faith Hill into letting him use her lyrics for his "Slow & Steady Rush" track!
TypeR
quote:
I want to know how Hixxy talked Faith Hill into letting him use her lyrics for his "Slow & Steady Rush" track!

he used some of this $$$$

warped_candykid *delete*
warped_candykid
quote:
quote:
just imagine how ghey a total sober rave would be. i played a sober rave in a library. it was a cool party, however there was zero vibe. not saying drugs make the vibe, but i'm sure that it helps in a way.

plus i'd rather go to a hardcore rave with 1000 messed up people than to not have hardcore raves at all.

Out roughly around 150 people, how many people do you see dancing? This is from 2 weeks ago

MAtRiCks
quote:
just imagine how ghey a total sober rave would be. i played a sober rave in a library. it was a cool party, however there was zero vibe. not saying drugs make the vibe, but i'm sure that it helps in a way.

Totally... Parties have been invented so people could get messed up, all the better if it's a Hardcore party!
TypeR
quote:
quote:
quote:

Out roughly around 150 people, how many people do you see dancing? This is from 2 weeks ago

i saw a laser display, saw one person dancing and heard a trainwreck. moral of the story?
warped_candykid
quote:

i saw a laser display, saw one person dancing and heard a trainwreck. moral of the story?

Everyone else is in the other room piled on the floor from too much chemicals. And two people were dancing Thank you! Me, which can see at the very beginning in the white shirt, and then some other guy with a light stick. Moral is, when everyone is on drugs, the atmosphere is dull because they're piled on the floor like dead bodies.

TypeR it was hard to see, i thought the person at the beginning was the same person at the end
MAtRiCks
quote:
quote:

Everyone else is in the other room piled on the floor from too much chemicals. And two people were dancing Thank you! Me, which can see at the very beginning in the white shirt, and then some other guy with a light stick. Moral is, when everyone is on drugs, the atmosphere is dull because they're piled on the floor like dead bodies.

I've been to so many parties where everybody was on drugs and still kicking it! Most memorable of them all would be HTID in the sun. I had never seen people getting THAT trashed and still giving it hardcore.

I guess peoples in that video had all abused Ketamine? That tends to knock peoples out really quick. Choose your party enhancers wisely, people! :P
Trimms Back on topic?:

I love Styles' mix.

I thought Breeze's was nowhere near as good as his on 4, which is my favorite Clubland mix of all time. I also thought Styles & Breeze's cover of Weekend Has Come by S3rl was so lame. Hixxy's mix was decent. Unfortunately I was completely let down by his song "Brother." It wasn't at all emotional or meaningful like I had hoped it would be from what people had said. It was just... it was happy hardcore. He's dead. That just doesn't work.

Just finishing up the Hixxy mix now, but I thought this collection was quite good. Styles' mix was insane, easily the best, and "No 1" by Hixxy was godly. There was a lot of average stuff though, sadly.
Analog Dreams I just listened to a few of the tracks on youtube, and I can already tell this cd is brutal! I'm just not digging that clubland vocal style shit. Then again, I never liked a full clubland cd, only a few select tracks that didn't have vocals.
warped_candykid
quote:
Back on topic?:

I love Styles' mix.

I thought Breeze's was nowhere near as good as his on 4, which is my favorite Clubland mix of all time. I also thought Styles & Breeze's cover of Weekend Has Come by S3rl was so lame. Hixxy's mix was decent. Unfortunately I was completely let down by his song "Brother." It wasn't at all emotional or meaningful like I had hoped it would be from what people had said. It was just... it was happy hardcore. He's dead. That just doesn't work.

Just finishing up the Hixxy mix now, but I thought this collection was quite good. Styles' mix was insane, easily the best, and "No 1" by Hixxy was godly. There was a lot of average stuff though, sadly.

Umm...S3rl didnt make the original "Weekend Has Come", his is just a Hardcore re-make as well.
DarrenJ
quote:
I want to know how Hixxy talked Faith Hill into letting him use her lyrics for his "Slow & Steady Rush" track!

faith hill proberly didnt write the lyrics :P

TypeR
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenJ:
quote:

faith hill proberly didnt write the lyrics :P

good point, i didn't even think about that. a lot of singers don't write their own songs.

pinkdevil16
quote:

I thought Breeze's was nowhere near as good as his on 4, which is my favorite Clubland mix of all time.

I didnt think any of the mixes were as good as 4...I enjoyed 4 aswel but this was a bit of a let down
jenks
quote:
Back on topic?:

I love Styles' mix.

I'm half way through Styles' mix and if this is the best then I'm probably going to stick this compilation in the bin, been shockingly bad so far.

*edit*

Half way through Breeze's mix and it's spanking the living shit out of Styles' so far :D
Griff1986 i didnt like this compilation it sucked compared to the older x-tremes or am i just gettin old??
warped_candykid Got my copy in yesterday and I have to say, I really enjoyed the Breeze mix the most. Styles' vol.4 mix was much better than this one, and Hixxy's was about the same. Overall though, I thought vol.4 was a better collection, but the Breeze mix just keeps me singing along on vol.5, I'm a sucker for some euro cheese.
MAtRiCks A lot of different opinions eh? Some people hated Breeze's bootleg cheeze, while others loved it. I get the feeling i'll be in the second group, but I haven't received mine yet... It's a bit long this year!
Future_Shock I've only really listened to styles' mix so far and i've gotta say... Most of the tracks on that CD are extremely forgettable.

Worth listening to:

manian - turn the ride (darren styles remix)
re-con & squad e - cut & recycle
re-con & chris unknown - please tell me

I personally HATED:

discolights ..... just ergh
first serve (D&G remix).... seriously... joke track right? i thought it was terrible
1,2,3,4 i thought was just really average... like... so average

I didn't mind azure - the heartache but it was nothing really special... didnt really grab me

Disappointing cd overall i think... some terrible tracks, majority pretty average, a very few good tracks.

I'm hoping breeze and hixxy's mixes are better than this...

Quicksilver It's Azora, not Azura. Just got Future Trance 43 and The Heartache is on there. I prefer the hardcore version though, but pretty much the only difference is the speed. :P
oscarwildone They produce the tracks and co write with a lot of other people, which gives many writers exposure and a chance to get on the ladder. I wrote the lyrics to 2 of the tracks on the album and really appreciate the opportunity that Breeze & Styles have given to me.
oscarwildone
quote:
Breeze & Chris Unknown-One Desire....Guy or Chick on vocals?

The vocalist is Laura Stracey, whose father is John H Stracey who was the world middle weight boxing champion
Torpex Which ones? :)
oscarwildone
quote:
Which ones? :)

'Dont walk away' and 'One Desire'
DJLiight Bought it =]
GoBeserk didn't like it that much, the azura tracks were a nice suprise though. the other 4 were much better
latininxtc
quote:
Back on topic?:

I love Styles' mix.

i don't think anybody actually ever said that the song was emotional, people were saying it was emotional cuz of the reason the song was even made. of course it's not gonna make u break down into tears and make u feel all sad and blue because of the song it's a hardcore song! if he wanted u to ball out in tears he would have hired an amazing singer to sing the lyrics and produced into a different genre of music such as a ballad.

but since he is a hardcore producer this is his way of letting his feelings out and I like the song because of the song and not because i expect more from it other than it being a hardcore song.

nevertheless, i still won't buy this album it's below average overall. however, just heard the previews to Hardcore Nation 2009 and when my financial aid refund goes thru, I'm gettin it! and i hope Hardcore Underground 3 comes out soon it looks ****in badass!!!
MAtRiCks I know it's been ages since this album came out, but hey, it's review time!

CD1 - Styles

Discolight **
nothing very new, so i'll skip it, but I like it as much as I liked it on HTID.

Amigos 8/10
Catchy melody, epic riff, but stupid lyrics :P Once I get over the sillyness of the lyrics, I get caught up in the melody and I really like it. Too bad it just goes twice the same way, I would have hoped for something different ni the 2nd breakdown.

Turn The Tide 8/10
The intro and breakdown brings back so many memories from my early teen years, but when the synth kicks in, it's quite more powerful than what I remembered ;) It's not the most original remix I've heard, but still a lot of fun.

Sorry 7/10
Why is Darren's accent so much stronger in this track than all his others? It's catchy, but a bit too similar to Discolights I think. I found it lacked some of the energy discloights had though.

First Serve 6/10
Mindless fun time! I think the ping-pong ball effect is original and amusing, but I'm glad the song only lasts for 2 minutes because it loses it's novelty really quick. A good little break between vocal numbers.

All I Wanna Do 6/10
I hadn't recognised DMO at first, and It's definitely not my favourite from her. Not bad, but a bit generic for my tastes.

Toca's miracle 08 (DS mix) 6/10
I overheard this song already, and NOW they come up with a bunch of Hardcore remixes! I find it's a bit late, but the remix isn't bad either. Just nothing exceptional.

Cut & Recycle 9/10
Yes! Nice use of the vocals, and the soundworld is awesome! I love those notes going up and down in the breakdown, and when the song kicks off, it's super bouncy & fun. Imaginative and powerful happy track.

Welcome To The Club (DS Mix) 9/10
Now back with the off-beat style kick from discolights and sorry, this is BY FAR my favourite take on that new style of hands-up/hardstyle Hardcore! Awesome catchy vocals, and epic melody, makes me eager to play this at an event and see the peoples reaction in the crowd!

Tell Me (Re-Con Remix) 8/10
I loved that song eversince the Darren Styles Album, and unfortunately I still prefer the dance version. This is an interesting Hardcore take, and the vocals don't lose anything of their awesomeness, but it could have been more I think. Still worth a good grade imo!

It's Over (DS Mix) 8/10
Good Happy track with sad vocals, not that original, but still worth a good headbanging, especially the energic synth riff.

Why Does My Heart **
Again, already released on HTID, so i'll pass on reviewing it, but it's an excellent track nevertheless.

The Horns Of Jericho 5/10
Quite the experimental track we have here! It doesn't get a passing grade, as it is something I wouldn't mind skipping, and some parts also gets on my nerves. The full on bass kick part that was in the beggining of the CXH5 tv advert could have made up for it if it wasn't so short!

The Heartache 9/10
Lush vocals, Epic moledy that sounds like it came right out of a pirate movie, I like it! The bass/kick combination in this track is very efficient and powerful.

1,2,3,4 **
As heard on True Hardcore 2. Not my favourite track from that album either.

Please Tell Me 9/10
Oh how I love Re-Con's deep soulful voice! This is a good performance of his, and a great happy and fun track.

Touch The Sun 10/10
Jackpot! Darren Styles voice vocoded to the max, on the most uplifting track I've heard in a long long time! I almost got teary eyed the first time I heard it and started singing along automatically (god i'm such a cheezeball).

Flashlight 10/10
What an amazing end to that CD! It totally makes up for the weaker first couple of tracks. I can already see legions of ravers singing along to this automatic anthem: LIEK A FLESHLIGHT! LIEK A FLESHLIGHT!

Overall CD Grade: 7.9/10

that's it for now. I'll come up with a review of the two other two cd's really soon.
Skidzorz I have the Raven Riley one.
catjam whats Xtreme about it...i cant hear it...LOL
Triquatra
quote:
I think the ping-pong ball effect is original and amusing,

its been done more than twice before

Object One - Ping Pong (B.S.E. Remix) is one of them and that was in the mid-90's

theres also a drum n bass track which uses a ping pong table as well from a few years back
DJ-Intensity Discolights boring choon on the CD.
Trimms After listening to this CD for a few months, I think that one remix of Miranda Cosgrove's About You Now is one of the best songs on there!
And considering where she's come from since she played that bitch in Jack Black's School of Rock, props.
MAtRiCks
quote:
quote:
I think the ping-pong ball effect is original and amusing,

its been done more than twice before

Object One - Ping Pong (B.S.E. Remix) is one of them and that was in the mid-90's

theres also a drum n bass track which uses a ping pong table as well from a few years back

ok, more than twice in the last decade. It's still not something we see every other track, especially in hardcore.

I do love about you now too, it shall be in my review of the breezes disc!

Kosmic
quote:
After listening to this CD for a few months, I think that one remix of Miranda Cosgrove's About You Now is one of the best songs on there!
And considering where she's come from since she played that bitch in Jack Black's School of Rock, props.

It was actually the sugerbabes version they remixed, they sang it originally

It took 7.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page