Total online 1992
 Radio listeners 163+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
choonland what do you think about all those premonitions about 2012 being a year of change, new era, global crisis, end of the world... etc.

I'm not a fanatic or anything, but I think definitely something is going on.
several years ago when I first heard about the mayas premonitions I took them as another curiosity without importance, but now, seeing all the global current events in the las 2 or 3 years, I am starting to think something might happen, for better

something should happen... this world has been F***ed up for way too long
bulby_g A load of nothing I should imagine. If anything did happen it would be due to the power of suggestion. The media can whip the public up into such a hype that it makes things happen these days.
choonland check this for example
this was in Bogota, colombia in 2007... a TROPICAL country!!!!!!

FingazMc Meh just like the year 2000, all that fuss and hype for feck all. We got especially mullerd for that night expecting to all die and nothing DAMN YOU!!!!! *shakes fist*
Rayovac Not this crap again.
Triquatra people have been thinking the world was going to end for eons, it must be engrained into the human psyche or somthing..

as for this mayans crap, there are sooo many flaws in it - where to start? they arent around to ask, did we inturpret whatever it was right?...did they even know what the world even consisted of??..that it was a globe with other contenents - for all we know, the end of the world as they saw it was just their region..what they knew about...

its like the supposed flood in biblical times...flood the world? no, they didnt even know australia or america existed back then :P

well, unless your talking about the mormon bible ;)

i think ive lost count of how many times the end of the world was supposed to be

http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrl2.htm

and that isnt even an up-to-date list rofl!!!!
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by Naturatech:
check this for example
this was in Bogota, colombia in 2007... a TROPICAL country!!!!!!

The planet has undergone changes in climate before if im not mistaken.
choonland
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
people have been thinking the world was going to end for eons, it must be engrained into the human psyche or somthing..

as for this mayans crap, there are sooo many flaws in it - where to start? they arent around to ask, did we inturpret whatever it was right?...did they even know what the world even consisted of??..that it was a globe with other contenents - for all we know, the end of the world as they saw it was just their region..what they knew about...

its like the supposed flood in biblical times...flood the world? no, they didnt even know australia or america existed back then :P

well, unless your talking about the mormon bible ;)

i think ive lost count of how many times the end of the world was supposed to be

http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrl2.htm

and that isnt even an up-to-date list rofl!!!!

i'm not talking about the world ending, but changing.

to tell the truth I dont even know exactly what are the profecies, and we dont have to start talking about religion, keeping it in real facts... stuff is going on, you cant deny it
choonland
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
The planet has undergone changes in climate before if im not mistaken.

yeah, and we are in the middle of another one
Triquatra meh, i dont care about religon peronsally but 80% of these prophecys tend to come from religions including the mayans. ..real facts...and prophecys go together as well as religon and real facts hehe

stuff is going on?

of course stuff is going on, stuff has always been going on! lol
from dinosaurs dying out..to volcano's killing thousands..to uprising's of nations across the world, people being taken from their home countrys to be slaves, mass extermination of races of peoples..solar eclipse's...tsunami's.wars between nations...more wars within nations, plagues..famines..virus's.

its always always always been going on, you just hear about it even more, the media make sure of that. lol

so whilst it might sometime feel like its building up to something...all its really building up to is more of the same before :)
Watson. 2012 will see a major shock to Europe - Scotland will qualify for a major championship again ;)
Vitalism i definitely think that some change will happen. look around you, it's already starting to!!

will everyone die? probably not (i hope not anyway), but do think we will experience some kind of major change.

shit is starting to get whack, weather wise. just wait 3 more years and really see what's going to happen. this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Triquatra im making a mental note to post in this thread again in three years time :P
Ionosphere It might be worth considering that the current level of civilization has only been reached

because the surface of our planet has remained stable for long enough for us to get to where we are.

There is evidence that, before the last cataclysm, the planet has been stable for longer periods than this.

There is absolutely no guarantee that it will remain stable indefinitely.

The likelihood is that severe change, in geological terms, is imminent.
choonland http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction_event

Present day — the Holocene extinction event. 70% of biologists[citation needed] view the present era as part of a mass extinction event, possibly one of the fastest ever, according to a 1998 survey by the American Museum of Natural History. Some, such as E. O. Wilson of Harvard University, predict that humanity's destruction of the biosphere could cause the extinction of one-half of all species in the next 100 years.

65 million years ago (Ma) — at the Cretaceous-Paleogene transition (the K/T or Cretaceous–Tertiary extinction event) about 17% of all families and 50% of all genera went extinct.[6] (75% species).

205 Ma — at the Triassic-Jurassic transition (the Triassic-Jurassic extinction event) about 20% of all marine families (55% genera) as well as most non-dinosaurian archosaurs, most therapsids, and the last of the large amphibians were eliminated. 23% of all families and 48% of all genera went extinct.[6]

251 Ma — at the Permian-Triassic transition, Earth's largest extinction (the P/Tr or Permian-Triassic extinction event) killed 53% of marine families, 84% of marine genera, about 96% of all marine species and an estimated 70% of land species (including plants, insects, and vertebrate animals). 57% of all families and 83% of all genera went extinct.[6] The "Great Dying" had enormous evolutionary significance: on land it ended the dominance of mammal-like reptiles and created the opportunity for archosaurs and then dinosaurs to become the dominant land vertebrates; in the seas the percentage of animals that were sessile dropped from 67% to 50%. The whole late Permian was a difficult time for at least marine life — even before the "Great Dying".

360-375 Ma — Late Devonian extinction. A prolonged series of extinctions eliminated about 70% of all species.

440-450 Ma — at the Ordovician-Silurian transition two Ordovician-Silurian extinction events occurred, and together are ranked by many scientists as the second largest of the five major extinctions in Earth's history in terms of percentage of genera that went extinct. 27% of all families and 57% of all genera went extinct.[6]

488 Ma — a series of mass extinctions at the Cambrian-Ordovician transition (the Cambrian-Ordovician extinction events) eliminated many brachiopods and conodonts and severely reduced the number of trilobite species.
Ionosphere ....exactly.

So, don't fool yourselves into thinking that it won't happen again, or

that it won't happen sooner than you'd like.
Triquatra meh - but at the same time try not to sound like a conspiracy hippy who thinks that the world is going to end in the next few years..

personally, i think people will be sourly dissapointed with just how boring life will continue to be :P
Jay-Owen
quote:

27 by that list
latininxtc as long as i still shit from the same end, i don't think i'll care what happens

and as far as crazy spikes in heatwaves and cold climate, i remember reading somewhere that b4 an ice age, the climate does tend to become sporadic. and we are due for another ice age soon
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by Jay-Owen:
27 by that list

lol yeah....

...and 220 by this one

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm
Project-Industrial well if the end is near i would say.. run into the streets naked and scream.. IM SINGLE!!!! .. dunno do something weird.... who cares =] i dont believe the world will end lol
choonland
quote:
Originally posted by dj bugbear:
well if the end is near i would say.. run into the streets naked and scream.. IM SINGLE!!!! .. dunno do something weird.... who cares =] i dont believe the world will end lol

I'm gonna make a thread about this, "what would you do if you knew for shure that the world in gonna end"
Triquatra lol! good call

i dunno what i would do..

i guess id stop going to work and spend time with my partner and son..
whispering
quote:
meh, i dont care about religon peronsally but 80% of these prophecys tend to come from religions including the mayans.

Its not about religion really. Theres so many unanswered questions on the Maya civilization that its more about history IMO. anyway from wiki:

The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is a non-repeating, vigesimal (base-20) calendar used by several Mesoamerican cultures, most notably the Maya. For this reason, it is sometimes known as the Maya (or Mayan) Long Count calendar. Using a modified vigesimal tally, the Long Count calendar identifies a day by counting the number of days passed since August 11, 3114 BCE in the proleptic Gregorian or September 6 in the Julian calendar, (−3113) Astronomical dating.[1] Because the Long Count calendar is non-repeating, it was widely used on monuments.

Mesoamerican Long Count calendar: 13.0.0.0.0 = Gregorian Calendar: December 21, 2012
TheOneNOnly
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:
meh, i dont care about religon peronsally but 80% of these prophecys tend to come from religions including the mayans.

Its not about religion really. Theres so many unanswered questions on the Maya civilization that its more about history IMO. anyway from wiki:

The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is a non-repeating, vigesimal (base-20) calendar used by several Mesoamerican cultures, most notably the Maya. For this reason, it is sometimes known as the Maya (or Mayan) Long Count calendar. Using a modified vigesimal tally, the Long Count calendar identifies a day by counting the number of days passed since August 11, 3114 BCE in the proleptic Gregorian or September 6 in the Julian calendar, (−3113) Astronomical dating.[1] Because the Long Count calendar is non-repeating, it was widely used on monuments.

Mesoamerican Long Count calendar: 13.0.0.0.0 = Gregorian Calendar: December 21, 2012

We'll see.

I already know what I'll be doing on that day!

Rocking out to music. If I die, at least I'd be happy! :P
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
A load of nothing I should imagine. If anything did happen it would be due to the power of suggestion. The media can whip the public up into such a hype that it makes things happen these days.

That comment is funny because it'so ****ing true.
As for what might happen, who gives a shit, you should be living in the moment, not for what may or may not happen in the future (good or bad).
quote:
personally, i think people will be sourly dissapointed with just how boring life will continue to be :P

Yet more truth (that also amuses me)! That's essentially what it's about isn't it. People live such boring lives that things like this is all they have to keep them entertained.
Vitalism right now just seems like the calm before the storm.
Future_Shock
quote:
Originally posted by Vitalism:
right now just seems like the calm before the storm.

3 years is an increddddiibbbllllyyyy small amount of time for the planet.

The chances of something way more drastic than whats already happened is so ****ing small it's ridiculous... let alone something significant happening in our lifetime. 1000 years even is **** all for a planet.
Lilley
quote:
Originally posted by FingazMc:
Meh just like the year 2000, all that fuss and hype for feck all. We got especially mullerd for that night expecting to all die and nothing DAMN YOU!!!!! *shakes fist*

the year 2000 problem was actually quite a real threat, and did result in some real problems. But because of all the fuss and hype, companies were able to get on top of all the real concerns before anything actually happened. It was a case of threat (predominantly) avoided, rather than a false threat.

and if anything will happen in '12, then we should start to see a chaotic pattern beginning to emerge from the major algorithms, if not already forming. these things usually dont happen overnight.
Triquatra psh, there are arguments out there if lack of problems were down to company's preparing...or just the fact nothing significant was going to happen anyway

id say andy is right - for the most part its down to media hype, followed by dissapointment and back to boring ol life :)
Lilley
quote:
psh, there are arguments out there if lack of problems were down to company's preparing...or just the fact nothing significant was going to happen anyway

hehe. if steps that were taken to prepare for y2k werent taken, there would have been very major problems. As i already stated, there were some problems caused, but the crucial ones averted through preparation. My dad works on database mainframes for Australia's biggest bank. Essentially, he takes care of all the accounts and transactions. His job is kind of important in a situation like that. He worked like buggery that year. Believe me, there was going to be major issues if no one took the y2k bug seriously.
Triquatra thats what im saying though
theres allsorts all over the net that are arguing about the whole "if steps that were taken to prepare for y2k werent taken, there would have been very major problems" or whether there would have been any problems anyway

not saying your dad was nessiciarily in on it...but alot of people were making money with the whole "make your pc millenium bug safe" crap ;) and company's were hireing all sorts of people to make sure their company was safe

either way - i think influx's point was more about the complete hype that surrounded it - do you honestly feel that the media didnt hype it?
whispering
quote:
do you honestly feel that the media didnt hype it?

At least here there was a lot more hype about the millennium changing then some computer bug. But ofcourse they hyped it. The media hyped Britneys sisters preagnancy, they hype about any and everything that might intrest people.
Triquatra exactly! lol

its 2009...where the hell are my flying cars"?!"?!"?!"!1111
rosin007
quote:
exactly! lol

I saw this program around 99-01 that said the flying cars would come in 2010, you gotta wait one year.
Triquatra aw :(

i dont wanna wait...maybe i'll freeze myself and come back when otters rule the 50% of the earth...
lozowen
quote:
what do you think about all those premonitions about 2012 being a year of change, new era, global crisis, end of the world... etc.

I'm not a fanatic or anything, but I think definitely something is going on.
several years ago when I first heard about the mayas premonitions I took them as another curiosity without importance, but now, seeing all the global current events in the las 2 or 3 years, I am starting to think something might happen, for better

something should happen... this world has been F***ed up for way too long

thought this thread was gonna be about the olympics in london

lol
Project-Industrial
quote:
exactly! lol

i seen one flying car already :) but it ended up on the other side of the road.. against a tree.. shame =/
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by lozowen:

lol!...thats actually what i thought it was going to be about as well!

wait....2012...end or the world....2012...olympics..

dun dun DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
choonland
quote:
exactly! lol

lol!
well actually you can get one if you got enough money, aswell cars with water and hidrogen as fuel

silver It's something to talk about, people are freaking bored these days with everything at their fingertips.
Lilley
quote:
...but alot of people were making money with the whole "make your pc millenium bug safe" crap ;) and company's were hireing all sorts of people to make sure their company was safe

either way - i think influx's point was more about the complete hype that surrounded it - do you honestly feel that the media didnt hype it?

you have a point. and yes i agree that the media whipped up hysteria, but i generally ignore everything they say anyway.
ChrisDale
quote:

me to, in 2012 computers are gonna take over lol
choonland
Rayovac
quote:

*hysteria

Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
im making a mental note to post in this thread again in three years time :P

I'm like a ****ing elephant.
kathryn
quote:
quote:

Hard2Get
quote:
quote:

You weren't lying were you.
Triquatra Kath....when Stu checks the internet history...... :P
Hard2Get Although let's be honest, I'm sure you forgot then randomly remembered :P
quote:
Kath....when Stu checks the internet history...... :P

When Kath check's Stu's internet history....... :o
MaidenV We gotta get through this time called 2012 ♫♫

kathryn
quote:
Kath....when Stu checks the internet history...... :P

Triquatra if I was being honest I would tell you all that i've now deleted the thread from my 'favourites" :P
kathryn
quote:
if I was being honest I would tell you all that i've now deleted the thread from my 'favourites" :P

do you want me to delete the pic?
Triquatra ahh you misunderstand! I mean my internet explorer favourites - back then I favourited this topic so that I wouldn't forget to bump it :) but now I can delete it...as I've bumped it

(the bookmark, not this thread)
Ionosphere ahah!

So the predictions of destruction in 2012 are for Triqu's 'Bookmark', not for Planet Earth.

Phew.... that's a relief.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by FingazMc:
Meh just like the year 2000, all that fuss and hype for feck all. We got especially mullerd for that night expecting to all die and nothing DAMN YOU!!!!! *shakes fist*

I was 12 in the year 2000 (always 'The year 2000' not just 2000) so was too young to even drink but after the holidays it was back to school and back to normal. I feel morealiove in 2012 that 2000 as at least I am the age I can enjoy myself lol
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by MaidenV:
We gotta get through this time called 2012 ♫♫

You beat me to it you little slut! As soon as I saw this topic I thought to myself I have to post this track!

It's a brilliant track too not sure why it didn't get more attention.
kathryn
quote:
ahh you misunderstand! I mean my internet explorer favourites - back then I favourited this topic so that I wouldn't forget to bump it :) but now I can delete it...as I've bumped it

(the bookmark, not this thread)

Phew
_Jay_ Is the world actually ending? Got such a bad hangover.

Gotta do it all again tonight :-(

And I've got my driving theory test in a few hours.

Urgh.
wong well im still not dead
kathryn still here
tell ya what though i was looking out the window and watching the clock and was happy 11.11am passed peacefully
here's a bit of Force and Styles for ya 'All over the World'

Hard2Get You make it sound like there was ever any doubt about the world not ending lol.
djDMS Shit, we're still alive! Better do some christmas shopping now.
Shades
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Shit, we're still alive! Better do some christmas shopping now.

lol, if you believed it for more than a second you'd of partied your remaining money away & have none left for pressies :D

that reminds me.....

who can lend me a fiver
whispering
The Dopeman awwww i slept thru doomsday
Dys7
Triquatra Should rename this to the "are you still alive?" thread!

When is the next 'best before' date for Earth?
Samination
quote:
Should rename this to the "are you still alive?" thread!

When is the next 'best before' date for Earth?

Don't know, they american guy who claimed the earth would have ended 3 times already died last yer :(

It took 1.61 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page