Radio listeners 184+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Trick mixing?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Proximal Trick mixing is what i do behind the decks... i believe it is a form of turntablism! well if you do it in the nature i enjoy doing it at!

Its incredible to actually see math pay off at things like this!

Does anyone else emphasize there sets on trick mixing? ? Its a artform that djs are forgetting about lately...and i believe it puts "djing" into the "dj"

Werd out,

Trick Mixing is my specialty :)
ian Can you elaborate a little more on "trick mixing" a little more, what is it exactly you do that most other DJs don't?

Been a while since I've posted here, hello all once again :)

No Left Turn yea... i don't exactly get this either. so it's 5am where i live, i'm pretty tired and i was about to type out a really rude comment, but no. i deleted it. i have to be at work in an hour. anyway... explain more about this "trick mixing" stuff.

-Donny / No Left Turn
http://www.hardcoreravers.com
Proximal Trick mixing wrapped up is .... using math in records to cut and sample and cut! Its kinda hard to explain w/out seeing...! it involves alot of cutting and sampling... having "tricks" is the key. Me and Kid Dynamite have many "tricks" that we perform ... cutting over and turning the table off during a vocal for one... making it sharp and a sample. Sorry this is so broad... theres alot more! But basically its just using "tricks" to pump the crowd up. I have had many ppl come up to me that dont even like hhc say "i dont like hhc but the way ya mix it is fun and pumpin" It adds energy!

Werd out,

virus so you mean just bringing the crossfader over for samples, and drumbeats and stuff??

i wouldnt really call that trick mixing

Proximal not just that.... i mean those would be some of the "tricks" used.
but theres alot more... i mean i have special tricks i do so do some of my taggin partners! not just samples too... staying in the mix throughout a whole set is very fun and tricky :) w00t sorry its so... Broad but ud have to see it to understand

Oli G upload a sample of some then :)

Garage Is where You Keep Your ****in Car
House Is where You Live
Hardcore Is HOW You Live

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
StrifeII and it all goes quiet after oli's post
I think i know what you mean, you mean adding beats over sequences an that. Brisk did this really well it was a break over the sequence in eye opener, it sounded phat. if that's what you mean. just like adding another layer.

-Robbie Jay
Proximal yea im finishing up my 2nd demo ri now...my first ones got alot of tricks on it... ill get an ftp goin for ya to DL it...

but yea kinda like what u said...but thas just 1 trick.:)

Annex k i'm not sure what i'm missin here but.. where's the math?

-----------------------
potatoe :)
keep on smiling
Brian K being able to count to 32 =P

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."
weba_d ok...

"what goes up must come down".... so keep popin!

WEBA D
kBud I think I get what Proxi's saying. I saw him spin last week @ Recess 3. This kid's ****ing awesome, I promise. :)

-cheesehead numero uno-
DJ Mouse ya can't beat 3 decks,start with track 1 playing then mix in track 2,but bring it back out and finally mix track 3,that gets people going

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse
Proximal what math?

well when u have both records peak or blow up at the same time and u start doing cross fader tricks in the middle of the blow up!

and yes its just something u gotta see live to understand! :-P

bowzer silly dj, tricks are for kids

o0sameyeam0o
quote:
Originally posted by No Left Turn:
so it's 5am where i live, i'm pretty tired and i was about to type out a really rude comment, but no. i deleted it. -Donny

Hahahahhaha god daym i see so many Neg post's from you donny-San, but its in your nature to point out the idiots, you asian!!!

And as for Trck mixing, almost everyone Cuts samples as they mix, use diff techs to get a kool sound, Turntablism to me means making f/x and music with out the aid of actual tunes, scratching, Pitching, ETC.

There for, Cuttin a record does not equal turntablism

Theres your ISm for the day

Respekts!

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

....:::: Happy Music For Happy People ::::....

[email protected]

AIM: XxhyperbouncexX
http://www.darktimezone.tk
pacman well if you can't explain the maths, then there's obviously no concious thought going in to it while you're doing it, so obviously there's no maths at all. the fact of the matter is that you haven't actually explained anything about this so-called "trick mixing", so post up a sample or stop talking shit.

i find it amusing that there's no better way to describe it other than "tricks". sounds like controlled bad mixing that accidentaly turns out okay to me. again post up a (/link to a) sample, and then people might actually take you seriously.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer
o0sameyeam0o I think the math part is so easy, anyone can get it, ally ou gotta know is 1, 2, 3, 4, 1 ,2 ,3 , 4, you usally cut it at the 4th beat, every 16th Bar, sumtimes 32 for vocals and rollz, sshiet like that, well thats waht i do :P

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

....:::: Happy Music For Happy People ::::....

[email protected]

AIM: XxhyperbouncexX
http://www.darktimezone.tk
No Left Turn or if you're Ron D Core, cut on the 1's and 3's

-Donny / No Left Turn
http://www.hardcoreravers.com
Proximal ---------------
or stop talking shit.
----------------

i had no clue i was talking shit :) well ok then ill stop talking shit if u wanna be an ass about it all jebus! How rude

Brian K
quote:
Originally posted by No Left Turn:
or if you're Ron D Core, cut on the 1's and 3's

bahahahaha it's funny because it's true =P

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."

It took 1.33 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page