Radio listeners 174+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 ****** HARDCORE ANTHEMS 2010 - NEW MIX ALBUM *****

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Shanty

HARDCORE ANTHEMS 2010

CD1/1 - Mixed By Shanty
01. Petrol Heads Featuring Kate, Dee & MC Chit Chat 'Prisoner (Cube::Hard Remix)'
02. Ruffage & Serenity 'Headlong Into Mischief'
03. MC Keyes 'Time To Let Go'
04. JTS & Technikore Featuring Lisa Marie 'Only One'
05. Sean Apollo, Fraud & Ionosphere Featuring Treasure 'Obsession (Hujib Remix)'
06. Petrol Heads Featuring Kate & Dee 'Looking Out (Orbit1 Remix)'
07. Defnoyz 'Close Your Eyes And See'
08. DJ Kurt & Clowny 'Beat Goes Boom'
09. Fracus Featuring Lisa Abbott 'Give Me Your Love (Shanty & Invader Remix)'
10. Lee UHF 'Dubstomp'
11. Fracus & Orbit1 Featuring Lisa Abbott 'In Your Arms (Al Storm Remix)'
12. Freestyle 'Party Crashin (Shanty Remix)'
13. 33 'Never Stand Alone (Haze & Archie Remix)'
14. The Acolyte Featuring Amy 'Heal My Soul (Kevin Energy Remix)'
15. Rampant 'Another Jam (Joey Riot Remix)'
16. Entity 'Touch The Stars (VIP)'
17. DJ Kurt & MC Mental 'Another Dimension'
18. Robbie Long & Devastate '50,000 Watts (Shanty Remix)'
19. Defnoyz 'Rock Out'
20. Petrol Heads Featuring Kate & Dee 'Sweet Surrender (Sy & Unknown Remix)'
21. Alchemist & Fade 'Keep On Trying (Darwin Remix)'
22. Sean Apollo & Ionosphere Featuring Treasure 'Forever (Shanty & Invader Remix)'
23. Karl Future & Simon Perry 'You Said (Main Room Mix)'
24. Lee UHF 'Kickdrum Trip (Shanty Remix)'
25. Adam J & Freestyle 'Rush'
26. Eufeion Featuring Marie Louise 'Starlight (Shanty Remix)'
27. Si Anite & V.A.G.A.B.O.N.D. 'Riff Shaker'
28. Joey Riot 'Stay'
29. Oli G & Gammer 'Photex'
30. Penguin Conspiracy 'Panic Attack'

Hardcore Anthems 2010 features 30 massive happy hardcore and freeform tracks and should be available at HMV and all good record stores!

Buy Online:
Shop.HappyHardcore.com: http://shop.happyhardcore.com/View/28513/
Juno: http://www.juno.co.uk/products/hardcore-anthems-2010-free-delivery/398357-01/
Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/1-HARDCORE-ANTHEMS-2010/dp/B003USAV8A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1279191959&sr=1-1
HMV: http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=784874

Audio and information:
http://www.electronicaexposed.com/cat/albums/;/53/

Hardcore Anthems 2010 is exclusively distributed by Icon Distribution. Feedback is welcome!

acidfluxxbass Looks very good. Will this be on the store shelves, or will I have to buy it online?

I cant see all the stars you used in the thread title in the artwork though, were they just for show?

Shanty It should be in store.

Yeah, I just copied everything from the post I made on ush, so the stars are just for your pleasure (or not)! [:P]
acidfluxxbass one more question, out of curiosity, who did the artwork for you?
Shanty All the graphic artwork is by Riddler at Mindsurf. Really pleased with how it's come out. The aim was to go for something a little more stylish than is usual for a happy hardcore mix album.
Mad Max nice work shanty mate

still sad EE is coming to an end. is this like a swan song?
Shanty This was actually planned a while back, it's just taken a bit longer than expected to get it out there!

If this does well, there is the potential to do a follow-up album. so hopefully this will be well supported.
Ionosphere A lot of decent tracks on there....

....especially 5 and 22.
Samination track 29 owns the whole album
latininxtc so this is a cd only album? or will there be a digital download version as well?

and if it's also a digital download too, will all tracks be provided unmixed as well?
Dogsy Nice! Prisoners a great track to open the mix... Has Darwin's mix of Keep on trying been released (mp3) yet?
redwingz As stated on Ush...this looks fantastic. Massive respect to you Shanty for actually bothering to take on a project of this size. I can imagine the financial risk that comes with it, so I hope it does as well as it deserves based on that tracklist!
Shanty Thanks for the support!

Most of the tracks are already available on digital download at www.beatport.com, www.junodownload.com and www.trackitdown.net. The CD should be available on digital download soon, although probably just as the mix. Anything unreleased on digital download, like the Darwin Remix of 'Keep On Trying', will be available soon.

Just added links to buy the CD on Amazon and HMV. It should be available in most HMV stores right now afaik.

Please tell as many people as possible about this album. It should be retailing for GBP 2.00 - 3.00 and at that price, you really can't go wrong!
redwingz Just bought mine off Juno, cant wait for it to come!

Seriously mate, massive respect to you for doing this! I think its such a breath of fresh air to see this kind of project and like you said, for 3 a throw, they should fly off the shelves
Yateszy
quote:
Petrol Heads Featuring Kate & Dee 'Looking Out (Orbit1 Remix)'

Not heard this, got a sample?
Shanty http://www.electronicaexposed.com/resources/share/mp3s/dusktildawn/dtd008/dtd008b_-_petrol_heads_featuring_kate_&_dee_-_looking_out_-_orbit1_remix.mp3

Does anyone know how to get this news added to the frontpage?
redwingz
quote:
Originally posted by Shanty:
http://www.electronicaexposed.com/resources/share/mp3s/dusktildawn/dtd008/dtd008b_-_petrol_heads_featuring_kate_&_dee_-_looking_out_-_orbit1_remix.mp3

Does anyone know how to get this news added to the frontpage?

Just PM silver with the link to the thread and ask if it can be added to the frontpage as a news feature :)
FingazMc 3 quid! Gonna have to grab this!!
djDMS Got mine yesterday.

In a word - fantastic!
redwingz
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Got mine yesterday.

In a word - fantastic!

seconded!
Shanty Thanks!
Shanty Bump!

Would be great to hear all your feedback on this album, so please post your thoughts.
Audio Warfare Wow! What a bargain. Will get a copy ordered, TL and art look good. :)
pinkdevil16 will probably order a copy of this considering the price!
Craigavon raver Just seen this now,to rights i'll be geting this and for 3 its for free,about time a hardcore cd came out this year plus i don't think i've heard any of the tracks so quality new material to listen to
Dogsy Got mine today! =) its a great cd loads of good tracks crammed in! lots I aint heard that are wicked.. Kev Energy remix of heal my soul is a beauty! At 2.50 its a bargin.. Nice one!
Craigavon raver Just ordered mine about an hour ago
Shanty Bump!
pinkdevil16 ordered mine yesterday off hmv says it will take over 2 weeks 2 dispatch tho :(
Ripcat Where is the best place to get this shipped to the USA?
djwilson What label is this on?
Shanty It's released on Electronica Exposed.

I'm guessing HMV are out of stock, hence the 2 week wait. Juno and IMO are probably your best bets for getting it delivered quickly.
pinkdevil16
quote:
It's released on Electronica Exposed.

I'm guessing HMV are out of stock, hence the 2 week wait. Juno and IMO are probably your best bets for getting it delivered quickly.

Thanks I have cancelled my hmv order and ordered it on juno instead
95_was_the_time boring tracklist,

overall disapointment
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by pinkdevil16:
ordered mine yesterday off hmv says it will take over 2 weeks 2 dispatch tho :(

Yeh i ordered mine just over a week ago and it still hasn't came
Shanty
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
overall disapointment

That's how I felt about your post!

Seriously though, this mix features a wide range of tracks from a very wide range of artists including happy hardcore, breakbeat stuff and plenty of freeform. Plus, none of these tracks have featured on any other UK compilation before. So this isn't just another compilation of classics that you've heard way too many times already or a bunch of classics remixed for the nth time. I fully respect that you might not like any of the music, but I'm really not sure what you could realistically expect from a compilation album in the current market that is on sale for GBP 2-3 and is released by a small, independent label.
Ken Masters really like the look of this, gonna grab this as soon as my boss graces my bank account with sum pennies...

Just one thing that puzzles me.....why does it seem like people have ran dry of ideas for Hardcore album Titles these days? This is nothing against the quality of the tracks featured on this album as its great to see more commercial albums getting back on track like this but like, Hardcore Anthems 2010?

It does no justice to the time spent & great ideas of the tracks if features. I'd like to see an album idea that takes the listener on a journey & gives a completely different perspective of listening to the album before it even starts.

Its just something I feel is missing from these sort of albums & I think is badly needed for these sorts of albums to reflect back on in 10 years & still have its own original attraction.

Forgetting that rant, it really does look like a promising album & will certainly be grabbing this asap.
Shanty Unfortunately, many compilations have very similar names because the distributors and shops require them so they can sell the compilation more easily. Hardcore Anthems 2010 was planned a while ago and unfortunately by the time the album was in production, other albums came to light with almost identical names.

Most other Electronica Exposed albums have much more unique titles and it's definitely something I'm in favour of too. However, due to the nature of this project, it just wasn't possible to have a more unique title.
Ken Masters ah fair enough bud. Totally understand, its just a shame that's the case for the "bigger" albums these days cause after so many years its harder for them to keep jumping out from their rivals & stand the test of time. I think similar titles like these put a lot of people off checking them out.

Forgetting that, it looks like a cracking album. I'm a big fan of everything you lot push on Electronica Exposed & I love seeing labels pushing the boundaries & offering something really fresh. Keep up the good work mate.
Smoogie Any tunes with hard kicks? I see people like Lee UHF are on it so it can't be commercial like Clubland Extreme Hardcore
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by pinkdevil16:
quote:
It's released on Electronica Exposed.

Thanks I have cancelled my hmv order and ordered it on juno instead

Yeh just cancelled mine of hmv as well,they e-mailed me and said it was out of stock so i ordered of juno as well,i also ordered history of rotterdam hardcore 4 which i just came across by chance,smoogie will love that 1
djepi Shanty, I didn't even know you ran Electronica Exposed and I didn't even know you had a website with clips and news of new tracks.

This seems to be an issue for the hardcore scene. Everytime I listen to the online radio here on happyhardcore.com I haven't heard most of the track before and I'd love to buy em digitally. There is just not one central place with clips of all new releases in flash format with a direct link to where you can buy em...

Nice for the price but as its not available in full digital download package I can't be arsed searching round for each track or going through the hassle of ordering the physical media.
Shanty Apologies to everyone who's had issues ordering from HMV, but it's great to hear that you've all switched and ordered the CD from Juno.

Adam J & Freestyle 'Rush' probably has the hardest kick. There really is a diverse range of music on this album.

I've run Electronica Exposed on my own since 2002, so I didn't think that'd be news to anyone! The website has clips of all the tracks on the label. It's also worth checking out our other CD releases as there's some great deals on a lot of the releases in our shop, and often it works out much cheaper than if you buy the releases digitally, with the major upside that the label sees way more income.

The majority of these tracks are from the Dusk Till Dawn, Hardcore Coalition, Bedlam and Electronic Bedlam compilations. The Electronic Bedlam album will be released digitally soon, all the others are available from www.beatport.com, www.junodownload.com and www.trackitdown.net.
jenks Just got mine, last one the seller on Amazon had allegedly. I'll write something or other later.
robertybob Great tracklisting! But seriously, why couldn't it have been 30 tracks over 2 CDs? .. I hate hearing 2 or 3 minute songs on hardcore albums.. I feel like I'm only hearing a sample and am being expected to pay out for the full 6 minute mix from another source. As this album is so cheap however I can't complain too much, but that's still disappointing.
Shanty This mix does contain a lot of tracks. Ideally it would be great to have less tracks and for each to appear for longer, however the reality is that the mix would have been a lot less varied (in terms of artists and styles of track) if this had been done. Hence why most album mixes contain as many tracks as possible these days.
Shanty Bumpage!
Wilky I tried looking for this in hmv in blackpool they havnt got it - infact theu dont have much hardcore any more
Shanty With Juno offering free delivery, it might be better to order it online.
DarrenJ Someone is selling it for 3pounds on amazon new
Treasure Love it. Think everyone should buy it
pinkdevil16 yeh great album mine was 2.50 with free delivery so great value and a great mix
acidfluxxbass Yay, I bought it!

:P
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
Yay, I bought it!

:P

wow only bought it yesterday...

came in a hugggeee package, took like 30 mins to get into but its on now and im enjoying it :) definately worth 2.50. Its surprising how cheap it is considering the NSR CD was like 7 quid.

Im going to reprint the covers and put it in a CD case so it can go with my other CDs, plastic wallets just get lost in my room lol

It took 3.14 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page