Radio listeners 181+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 Gisbo - Promotional Album **Free Download** 1/1/11

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Dartford-ravin-crew

Gisbo - The Promotional Album

Gisbo is an Up and Coming Hardcore producer, that has been around for a couple of years. Gisbo has had releases on In Your Head Records, Tryed and Tested and Original Hardcore and has featured on compilations and mix series such as Ravers Addition, Jamie Ritmen's Podcast and the NSR's cd Series.

Gisbo and In Your Head Records have teamed up together to bring you this promotional album to showcase his talents.

The album includes original material (Released & Unreleased) and some cheeky bootlegs (Some exclusive to the album).

We have brought some of Hardcore's finest Up and coming talents together exclusively for this Album.

Disc 1 is brought to you by Dj's Corruption & Brakon and Mc'd by Skyz

Corruption & Brakon have come together for the first time on this album but have over 10 yrs experience dj'ing together and have played at events such as Happy Nation, Hardcore Addiction, S.O.B, Master Ravers and Many more. They have also played on Internet based stations such as KraftyRadio.com, HappyNation.co.uk and BlackburnRavers.co.uk .

Mc Skyz is a New talent to the scene but has already made a massive impacted. After winning 2010's Global Energy Weekender Competition, Skyz has been out Mc'ing up and down the country with bookings at events such as Raverbaby, Nemesis, Hardcore Addiction, Rampant and Serious Sounds and with many more massive bookings coming up including HTID In The Sun '11 and Hardcore Evo, Skyz is a talent heading for the top.

Disc 2 is Digitally Mixed By Gisbo Featuring Mc Remixx

Gisbo is an Up and Coming Hardcore produce that has been producing a variety of tracks for Varies Hardcore Labels including In Your Head Records and Tryed and Tested. He has caught the eye of alot of big names in the hardcore scene and has a large fan base developing up and down the country.

Mc Remixx is an Up and Coming talent in Wales having mc'd at events such as Wired, Intrusion, Nemesis and Maximize. Remixx has featured on tracks and has also recently started his own label.

This album is 100% free for download and will be released on 1/1/11.

So if all this Talent and Free Mixes wasn't enough Gisbo has also decided to bundle together all the Bootleg remixes and include them in Full Dj Friendly form for you to use yourself. So all together You now get 2 Free mixes and a 10 Free Full Length Dj Friendly tracks. WOW!!

And All This For FREE!!

Gisbo has also started offering out his services as a sound engineer, offering the services of Mastering, Production and Vocals all these services are at very reasonable prices and custom to your needs and budget.
So if your looking at producing or just need that final tweek on that track to make it sound professional why not contact him at [email protected] for a quote.

We would Like to say a big Thank You :-

M-Graphics for the Artwork
Tryed and Tested, IYHR and Original Hardcore for releasing Tracks and including material on album
Corruption, Brakon, Skyz, Remixx for there Talents to prdouce this Album.

Useful Links :-

Gisbo Fan Page, Juno Releases, Imo Releases, Soundcloud page
M-Graphics Fan Page
In Your Head Records Fan Page, Juno Releases, Imo Releases, Soundcloud Page
Tryed and Tested Fan Page, TID Releases, Imo Releases, Serious Sounds Releases, Soundcloud Page
tru bass :)
Hoodzie Looking forward to checking this out!!
D-tor Love that ya took the time for mixing and some graphics instead of throwing it up in a ZIP...

Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)
Dartford-ravin-crew Big Respect to you all for showing your support on this one.. Hoping this will be the first of a long line of productions being released on IYHR and from gisbo. Hoping to have a Mix series up and running in the mid part of next year with a selection of some very fast moving up and coming producers.
Mortis Not a fan of pop remixes but this should be worth checking out for the other stuff. I've seen Gisbo around for a while now an heard a few of his tracks, seems ok from what I've heard.
Revs It's Rihanna not Rhianna... and I'm sure there's plenty of other mistakes :P
acidfluxxbass /regrets.
tru bass bloody hell, are you still bitter about that comment reply that he put on the soundcloud?
get over it!
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by tru bass:
bloody hell, are you still bitter about that comment reply that he put on the soundcloud?
get over it!

what?

His comment was hostile. He can jump, I'll jump higher.

Either way, it has nought to do with you.
tru bass I couldn't help but notice.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:

But you have to be careful critisising anything to do with Gisbo. He gets pissed off easily.

You're one to talk
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:

But you have to be careful critisising anything to do with Gisbo. He gets pissed off easily.

You're one to talk

I am actually, I'm always happy to hear critisism and learn from it. Perhaps you need to go back to one of my older free track release threads and have a read. I asked for peoples opinions and critisism anf took peoples advice on board.
Gisbo welcome back archefluxx

bypassing what you just said as it mean absolutely nothing to me

album will come out
its a promotional album
its not a product that going to be sold

the artwork is to put a face on album

aslong as it dont say 'zonkers' it ok lol

as you may know im joking

if you love it then do so makes me happy anyhow

if you dont like it learn to or find something else to love simples really

im just showing people im not just a rhianna remixer im a original artist too was just a bit of fun and i hoping you lot will enjoy it too

hope you all enjoy the production and speak to you all when its released

Triquatra shall we put up some shoddy artwork that olly has done, so we can tear through it?
:P

still got the PPF and Zonkers cover here we could have a go-over! ;)
Dartford-ravin-crew Yes thank you for point out the silly spelling mistake that will be sorted out asap..

@acidfluxxbass you may not like the artwork but then that is the same with all art everyone has there own tastes and they are entitled to them.

If you look the txt on the tracklisting is actually done to a grid form. All the tops of the tracks are exactly the same height as the one to its right and all tracks take the same width. The space notices more on the first tracks as it is a shorter track name and has less information so it appears to be out of place due to this.

This is our first venture into a mix series and as i'm sure you are aware from doing your own project, that it takes alot of work and effort on all parties, what with getting artwork, mixing, promotion and even getting the rights to use the tracks from all the owning labels. What with all that you come along and start putting the project down at the first mention, is completely sad!! And after all the hassels you've had along with over reactions to certain comment (Al Storm/Zonkers incident) I would had thought that you would be abit more careful with your rewards. As you can see we have the backings of All the tracks labels for using there material on this Mix venture.

So all in all i dont think for a first project we have done too badly..
Mortis As a consumer I don't see anything wrong with the artwork. It's nice and bright and gets all of the information across that I need.

Fair play to everyone involved in the project, especially Gisbo. I know from my own experience that putting together 23 tracks, be it good or bad, is a very big achievement. It's a pretty massive project for anyone let alone someone relatively new on the scene.
Dartford-ravin-crew Video Ad Now up go check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbWy2uVvdoo

Also get ya buds in and keep up to date on Links and Info on our Facebook page
acidfluxxbass That advert

Dartford-ravin-crew Go on acidfluxxbass what is wrong with it now?
I'm sure you massive amount of experience from all your completed compilations (Oh sorry they have never been finish have they) means you could have done better..
So please do enlighten me on what we have done wrong now.
acidfluxxbass That advert

JayHH86 Errmm - how the bloody hell have I missed this exactly?!

Massively looking forward to this. Huge respect to you guys for putting this together.

As for 'Artworkgate', I've got to say that I actually really like it. Obviously, Olly, you know a load about all this graphic design business and have experience with it - but the average bloke (i.e. 99% of the people that are going to be downloading the album) doesn't have a clue. They just look at it for about three seconds and decide quickly whether they like it or not.

Back to the topic in hand, though. I've pretty much loved most of the Gisbo stuff I've heard over the last year, so can't wait to get my hands on this.

So grateful for all these guys working their balls off to get all these free albums out over the last few years. Superb stuff.
Jimouk Played quite a few of your free tracks on my show, massive respect for this one! Can't wait.
Dartford-ravin-crew Wow Acidfluxxbass shocked that you liked it, that one really throw me... lol
At least we have done something right...

Big respect out to everyone on there words of support please dont forget to support In Your Head Record and Gisbo by purchasing the tracks that are released already.

Tracks available at Juno Downloads and Imo Downloads
Mortis After properly listening to Gisbo's tracks on Hardcore Addition 6, I've I feeling this release is going to be really really good!
Mortis Just listening to more of Gisbo's stuff and Till The End...very nice indeed.
Revs To me it seems a bit like you're trying hard to be like Darren Styles, no? Haha, you should be yourself instead of copying others, like Darwin already said once, all the artists who have come thru (no matter in what genre actually) managed so because they have their unique sound, and yes of course everyone wants to sound like them but imo this won't bring you much further. Also it seems very wanna-be-proffesional, I can understand it's hard to do all of this and you've put a lot of work and time into it, but it's the small things like spelling names wrong which don't require much effort that make it look quite cheap! And that advert looks (again) very wanna-be-clubland, just without the people 'integrated' in artworks and half-naked girls dancing around, because you probably couldn't afford it. Well just my honest opinion on this.. but good luck! :)
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:
To me it seems a bit like you're trying hard to be like Darren Styles, no? Haha, you should be yourself instead of copying others, like Darwin already said once, all the artists who have come thru (no matter in what genre actually) managed so because they have their unique sound, and yes of course everyone wants to sound like them but imo this won't bring you much further. Also it seems very wanna-be-proffesional, I can understand it's hard to do all of this and you've put a lot of work and time into it, but it's the small things like spelling names wrong which don't require much effort that make it look quite cheap! And that advert looks (again) very wanna-be-clubland, just without the people 'integrated' in artworks and half-naked girls dancing around, because you probably couldn't afford it. Well just my honest opinion on this.. but good luck! :)

Ouch.
JayHH86
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:
To me it seems a bit like you're trying hard to be like Darren Styles, no? Haha, you should be yourself instead of copying others, like Darwin already said once, all the artists who have come thru (no matter in what genre actually) managed so because they have their unique sound, and yes of course everyone wants to sound like them but imo this won't bring you much further. Also it seems very wanna-be-proffesional, I can understand it's hard to do all of this and you've put a lot of work and time into it, but it's the small things like spelling names wrong which don't require much effort that make it look quite cheap! And that advert looks (again) very wanna-be-clubland, just without the people 'integrated' in artworks and half-naked girls dancing around, because you probably couldn't afford it. Well just my honest opinion on this.. but good luck! :)

Jesus Revs, that was a bit savage. And I don't agree with the majority of it.

Firstly, this simply isn't true: "like Darwin already said once, all the artists who have come thru (no matter in what genre actually) managed so because they have their unique sound"

There are a shit load of hardcore artists that are established but sound the same as others. There are a shit load of artists in other genres that sound the same as others.

Has it occurred to you that Darren Styles and Gisbo could simply just have the same taste in hardcore - and therefore make similar sounding stuff?

Irrespective of that - I don't think Gisbo's stuff does actually sound like Darren Styles', and I highly doubt that he sits in his studio thinking "Fcuk, what else can I produce to make me sound more like Darren Styles?".

I like you Revs, but I think the bottom line is this: The fact that Gisbo's actually made this album (as well as contributed to various other exciting - and normally always free - projects recently), the fact that he's getting a lot of exposure recently, and the fact that a lot of people are loving what he's doing at the moment - all of this probably entitles him to say "Fcuk off little boy" when he reads your post. He won't though, because he seems like a pretty humble kind of guy and he will just thank you for your feedback. All of the above, in my opinion, is most definitely not off-set by a spelling mistake, and an advert that allegedly looks like Clubland without a budget.

I say big up to Gisbo, you're doing a great job mate.

And I say Revs - I don't want to sound like I'm lecturing or anything, and it is just my opinion, but unless you want Briskgate to be the first of many such incidents, you might want to adopt a slightly less aggressive/arrogant style of feedback-delivery.

atomsk Man what the hell is up everyone asses?

Its a free album, some people seem like the will like it. I dont see any where in this thread that Mr.Gisbo nor In your head records have asked for feedback on the production value.
If you dont like his stuff, dont ****ing listen to it, its not like they are forcing you to. I could understand some of this shit if they did ask for it, but come on guys...

As for the artwork, I really dont see anything wrong with it. It's bright, has the info I need/want, and **** for a free album I would say this is top notch.

For the trying to sound like Darren Styles, I only see it in some songs, but then again like half of hardcore has the same sound as another song.. Well every genre has that...

Guys just stick the shitty comments up your ass, and let the ones who want this cd enjoy it, this is the same as bagging on smoogie for his videos, or wilky for his bad taste in jokes, they dont ask for it so dont give it.

Now for my part. I cant wait for this album Gisbo, I've always loved your work, its the type of hardcore I love. The only song I dislike on the track listing is "Rude Boy", but oh well.
I loved the remix of Darren Styles "Pandora", and "love the way you lie", both really nice remixes.

Just a few questions for you guys.
1. Both cd's are mixed, right?
2. The "mc" is he in every set, and is he any good.. or does he **** up every track?
3. Any chance of a unmixed album and/or some singles?
4. Will the album be one long track, or split?

Other than that, cant freaking wait!
Guys keep your shitty comments to yourself.

Also, JayHH86 I cant agree with you more.
acidfluxxbass Wow, revs, I didnt go that far.

But i do have a few points to say on what you've just said.

First one is: Why does Darren Styles seem to be the only one with the solemn right to release an album? At the end of the day its a 'promotional' album. Take it away from 'actual' albums, and makes this more of a showcase mix, with more time spent on it. Why not glamorize things with artwork and an advert - as much as I may have ripped it (which I'd prefer no one else question because Gisbo and I have had a private chat about it and its sorted).

From what Ive seen this year, putting artwork on something suddenly makes it too 'wanna-be-professional' and people slate it :/

Yo Gisbo, get ready for lawsuit threats from Darren Styles :P

I'm joking obviously, Revs your talking crap.
Revs Sorry that wasn't ment rude - usually I'm not a fan of smilies but I'll put some and everyone is happy!

The thing that Darwin said IS true, it was a huge conversation on his Facebook status ;) It was some months ago I think, or maybe even earlier, in summer.

Other than that I don't know which artists have come thru that have copied a sound, look at Petruccio for example, his sound is quite similar to other's and his productions sound perfectly produced but he hasn't made a breakthru yet - same with Auscore, and perhaps that is the reason?

If Gisbo made something a bit more different he could definitely come thru, I see he's really putting a lot of effort into this (and big ups to you for that..), that's one of the things most people forget... not many have suddenly popped out of nowhere and released an album for free, so yes this is indeed great and an amazing idea, I really appreciate Gisbo for that, but I just wanted to tell how he could make it even better - because the first impression he will give, will be what he will stay forever or at least for most of the time. See my point?

But yes excuse me once again - if you check what people are saying then I think it's gonna work anyway, so good luck and cheers
djDMS Looking forward to getting my hands on this.

Heard some excellent stuff from Gisbo before and goes to show that remixes of 'pop' songs don't have to be unimaginative shite!
Hoodzie Well well well....

Im not suprised by some of the comments made as seems to happen alot in Hardcore when smaller artists get ripped into for doin somethin they love. Why is Hardcore the only scene that has its ravers shit on NEW artists.

Seems like unless your name is darren styles then its no good or your copyin him!! It annoys me that this thread has been shat on when people dont fully understand what it involves to make an album.

No doubt gisbo u wont get many comments from people download it as most people download it as its free and dont comment on what they think.

Is a shame as it does sometimes make us small artist think "why should we bother"

Maybe some people need to lool past darren styles n the big boys n wonder what the future of hardcore is gona be if the small artist now jus think why should i bother?
Mortis Well said Hoodzie.
Ionosphere It's true what Hoodzie says.... unfortunately.

It seems that a great many 'Hardcore fans' are similar to little girls that buy Pop music....they only like what they know and don't actually know what they like.

quote:
Originally posted by Hoodzie:
Well well well....

Is a shame as it does sometimes make us small artist think "why should we bother"

As for that, don't we do it 'cos we love doing it anyway?

....oh yeh. I must be thick. How do I download this album??? I want to hear it.

Hoodzie yea of course everyone who knows me knows i LOVE Hardcore and do everything i can to help promote new artists and love doing that!!

But what i mean is alot of people just grab whats free without thinking how much hard work it is and dont comment....even if they think what we do is shit atleast its some kind of feedback
Ionosphere Mate, the world is a F*cking selfish place. Just carry on doing what you do, expect nothing and that way you won't be disappointed.
Mortis
quote:
yea of course everyone who knows me knows i LOVE Hardcore and do everything i can to help promote new artists and love doing that!!

But what i mean is alot of people just grab whats free without thinking how much hard work it is and dont comment....even if they think what we do is shit atleast its some kind of feedback

I was guilty of that a while ago, it wasn't out of selfishness but purely down to lack of time to listen. It wasn't until I got a PM from the Iono boys that I realised I was doing it. Thanks to them they opened my eyes and since then I've always tried to feedback no matter if it's big, small, good or bad.

I know from my own experience how much hard work goes into making albums like the one in this thread and Ravers Addition. I put a hell of a lot of time, effort & money into making my mixes the best I can put out and I get no reward for it at all. Sometimes I don't get feedback at all other times I get lots. Just depends who downloads it I guess. But I just keep plugging away at it because I do it for the love of the music and mixing.
Ionosphere
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:

....it wasn't out of selfishness but purely down to lack of time to listen.

That is the biggest problem. Time. We have a back-log of mixes and tracks to listen too but we do give feedback eventually....

There is another point. If I hear a track that, imo, is a pile of unimaginative crap I don't say so.
Maybe if we weren't producers we'd be free to slag them off without everyone else presuming that we're just trying to slate the 'opposition'. :/
Hoodzie You see this is the problem tho if people dont get bad feedback how r they supposed to improve and get better

p.s sorry for stealing the thread lol

end of rant

Bring on the gisbo album woop!
Ionosphere True. So, while you're here, your thoughts on this - http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=52615

....and how do I get Gisbo's album???
Mortis I don't think it's released yet Chris. Tomorrow I think.
Gisbo
quote:
You see this is the problem tho if people dont get bad feedback how r they supposed to improve and get better

p.s sorry for stealing the thread lol

end of rant

Bring on the gisbo album woop!

can alway trust the legend hoodzie to back me up!!!!

Hoodzie ;)
Ionosphere
quote:
Originally posted by Gisbo:

....and of course you noticed that Mortis has backed you up, not to mention that so have we,

and, whilst I'm here, we'd like to thank you for your excellent feedback on our stuff....
Gisbo
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
quote:
Originally posted by Gisbo:

....and of course you noticed that Mortis has backed you up, not to mention that so have we,

and, whilst I'm here, we'd like to thank you for your excellent feedback on our stuff....

just to clarify i respect any one who follows me dearly i always have done and always will do :)!!

my place in the scene would be pointless otherwise!

It took 1.98 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page