Radio listeners 161+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 heres a go at my singing.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Lorenzo.Tweakn http://soundcloud.com/lorenzo-tweakn/hardcore-girl-unprocessed-320kps

me singing unprocessed with no effects; recorded with a headset mic. so sorry for the shit quality

PLEASE DONT GO TOO HARD ON ME. i know i seem to lack alot of emotion in the recording.
tru bass I wouldn't use it in a track if I were you, male vocals in hardcore are usually very unusual (compared to an average joe's singing voice (not implying you're an average joe)) and your voice just doesn't seem to fit the style of singing seen predominantly in hardcore..
maybe just try recording little loops of vocals for breakdowns etc because your accent sounds quite interesting, just make sure you don't make those ridiculous hardstyle breakdown vocals that are horrendous.
Kudos for having the balls to put up your sample though, i'd be poo scared of doing that.
Gisbo auto tune it :P
kathryn
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo.Tweakn:
http://soundcloud.com/lorenzo-tweakn/hardcore-girl-unprocessed-320kps

me singing unprocessed with no effects; recorded with a headset mic. so sorry for the shit quality

PLEASE DONT GO TOO HARD ON ME. i know i seem to lack alot of emotion in the recording.

no,no,no and no. sorry!
DJ Mellow-Dee [/quote]
no,no,no and no. sorry!
[/quote]

*lol* hard words! But tbh I also don't think that this could be a smasher if you put that vocals in somewhere without using a fewkind of filters and effects. Anyway there's no need to use any cheesy male vocals since there are only a couple of tracks where male vocals perfectly fit in (for ex. Hoodzie's Apart Of My Life) Normally it just sounds..... (don't wanna say that G-word....)

atomsk I should have a go at this also, but mine would be worse than yours, and I have never heard that song like ever.... So when I tried it, it sounded like utter shit...

I kinda like the oxymoron "shit quality", "320kps.

And your accent is weird... I know you live in America and I thought you spoke Spanish, but it's weird lol.
Lorenzo.Tweakn
quote:

And your accent is weird... I know you live in America and I thought you spoke Spanish, but it's weird lol.

my accent is chicagoian. xD
Lorenzo.Tweakn
quote:
Originally posted by Gisbo:
auto tune it :P

its being processed by xtasea once i have a better recording(once i go into studio)
Gisbo
quote:
quote:
auto tune it :P

its being processed by xtasea once i have a better recording(once i go into studio)

good stuff mate

Future_Shock that wasn't singing

*edit* that sounded harsh initially off the bat. I just meant that sounded like talking, not singing, and there's a huge difference.

People who know me, know that i'm extremely upfront and i don't **** around. IMHO you can't sing... and vocal processing isn't going to fix that. It's just going to sound like autotuned talking.

But singing is a talent. I can't dance ballet... just because i dress myself up in a pink leotard, some nice pink shoes and put a pretty bow in my hair doesn't mean i wont look like a retard flailing about... there's no dressing up the fact i can't dance.

I wouldn't use those vocals in a track. It'll sound horrible. If you're actually interested in developing some form of singing ability, then visit a vocal coach.
Triquatra i think you have the voice of an angel Lorenzo!

my only wish (as i said on your facebook) was that you had recorded it on a cellphone...whislt in a bathroom :P
Ionosphere Lorenzo.

Andy has obviously sobered-up from Australia Day and, as hard as it may seem, is telling you the Truth. Be wise and believe him.
Triquatra I think he should sing more - and provide acapellas for us to work with
Future_Shock
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
I think he should sing more - and provide acapellas for us to work with

you're taking the piss right?
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
I think he should sing more - and provide acapellas for us to work with

you're taking the piss right?

shhhhhhh
Lorenzo.Tweakn thanks for the replies.

Andy: i have tons of respect for you, but you did go a lil hard; you couldve sed the first few things and the last thing and stopped n i wouldve understood what you're were saying. but now i feel ashamed of my own voice and never want to try singing ever again.

Rowan: please dont make jokes. you're jus making me feel alot worse.

now you guys can bash me for being a pussy cause i used the words "feel" and "please"
Gisbo
quote:
that wasn't singing

*edit* that sounded harsh initially off the bat. I just meant that sounded like talking, not singing, and there's a huge difference.

People who know me, know that i'm extremely upfront and i don't **** around. IMHO you can't sing... and vocal processing isn't going to fix that. It's just going to sound like autotuned talking.

But singing is a talent. I can't dance ballet... just because i dress myself up in a pink leotard, some nice pink shoes and put a pretty bow in my hair doesn't mean i wont look like a retard flailing about... there's no dressing up the fact i can't dance.

I wouldn't use those vocals in a track. It'll sound horrible. If you're actually interested in developing some form of singing ability, then visit a vocal coach.

i will give him credit for having the balls to try we are scene of hate?

you may not like it but fairplay but he only a young lad he may find his voice he shared with us what he could do may not be the best but he gave it a shot i bet he embarassed by your remark

oh well that all i can say?

Dante
quote:
we are scene of hate?

Pretty much. At least on this site.
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
that wasn't singing

you may not like it but fairplay but he only a young lad he may find his voice he shared with us what he could do may not be the best but he gave it a shot i bet he embarassed by your remark

To be honest, anyone reading Andy's comments should know what they are in for so it's all good lol. No one gets special treatment so it's not like it's just Lorenzo that's getting the raw end of the deal. I see Andy already addressed this in his own post. Like the thread that came before this regarding Thumpa's opinions, it's just one persons opinion. No matter how bad and uncalled for it is, it is what it is so it's not the end of the world. Plus many people may agree with him but instead won't be vocal about it, that isn't really any better they just don't want their ego's hurt by people thinking they are a twat.
redwingz
quote:
Originally posted by Dante:
quote:
we are scene of hate?

This site is full of pussycats compared to Ush mate. There is very rarely conflict or harsh words on this site, Id say its a very polite site actually :)
scottyd2k9 His singing might sound alot better once it's been tweaked, not everyones voice is perfect, atleast he doesn't have one of those sqeueeky singing voices that soundlike a cat being dragged...

Future_Shock
quote:
thanks for the replies.

Andy: i have tons of respect for you, but you did go a lil hard; you couldve sed the first few things and the last thing and stopped n i wouldve understood what you're were saying. but now i feel ashamed of my own voice and never want to try singing ever again.

now you guys can bash me for being a pussy cause i used the words "feel" and "please"

I don't think of what i said to be harsh at all to be honest.

I opened by stating that it wasn't singing. It's not. That's not offensive, that's just a statement of truth. It just sounds like talking to me.

My follow-up was that auto-tune is not going to help. Because it wont - being a producer i know this first hand - there is no substitute for a good voice. No amount of processing will make bad tone or timbre good.

So far, by my count, nothing harsh. So, what i'm left to think is that the analogy is what you didn't really understand. So i'll explain that too.

Me trying to dance is like you trying to sing. I can't do it, but i've never had any training. what i mean is, i'm not a natural. You obviously know you aren't too, because you were expecting bad feedback. So you already knew you had no natural talent by asking people not to go too harshly on you, and stating that you already know you lack emotion on the recording. Have you ever heard emotionless singing sound good? exactly.

So the analogy of me dressing up like a ballerina is interchangeable with you using auto-tuning. I was just emphasizing the point that it won't help because well... it wont.

And then i said it'll sound horrible in a track because well... it will. It's not good singing - but i'll reiterate the fact that you KNEW this before you posted it up. The way i see it is i've been the nicest one by being truthful and detailed. How much worse would it be if you put these in a track, sent it out to every label and nobody wanted it? Without getting a reason why, you might start blaming your production or your music-writing ability - which might have nothing to do with it, just because people were not honest with you and told you that you can sing when you can't.

And by my count i'm also the only one who encouraged you by telling you if you want to pursue singing to go see a vocal coach.

So according to my count - i'm the only one who gave you a detailed honest answer, despite the fact you had an inkling the singing wasn't good (by asking people not to go too hard on you, and you could recognise there was no emotion in the recording - being common knowledge that there is emotion in singing). This leads me to believe you're disheartened by the honest comments and advice that i gave you - that's fine, but it's not my fault you can't sing. It's a rare ability - and even rarer with no training.

You were going to hear the truth eventually anyway be it from me or someone else - better on a forum than infront of a lot of people, hey? besides, if you actually want to pursue singing, or anything in music, you're going to need a much tougher skin than this. To be honest you're being a bit sensitive.
Gisbo
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
quote:
that wasn't singing

To be honest, anyone reading Andy's comments should know what they are in for so it's all good lol. No one gets special treatment so it's not like it's just Lorenzo that's getting the raw end of the deal. I see Andy already addressed this in his own post. Like the thread that came before this regarding Thumpa's opinions, it's just one persons opinion. No matter how bad and uncalled for it is, it is what it is so it's not the end of the world. Plus many people may agree with him but instead won't be vocal about it, that isn't really any better they just don't want their ego's hurt by people thinking they are a twat.

fair one ,
thumpa opinion marathon is in the past dont think it matter what went off i apoligised to him and left it there

wish this scene would pull together it seem that it become a scene of slagging everyone off

im slowly deciding i may quit but i love the music so it one hell of a hold back

well that what i think anyway
Gisbo
quote:
quote:
thanks for the replies.

I opened by stating that it wasn't singing. It's not. That's not offensive, that's just a statement of truth. It just sounds like talking to me.

My follow-up was that auto-tune is not going to help. Because it wont - being a producer i know this first hand - there is no substitute for a good voice. No amount of processing will make bad tone or timbre good.

So far, by my count, nothing harsh. So, what i'm left to think is that the analogy is what you didn't really understand. So i'll explain that too.

Me trying to dance is like you trying to sing. I can't do it, but i've never had any training. what i mean is, i'm not a natural. You obviously know you aren't too, because you were expecting bad feedback. So you already knew you had no natural talent by asking people not to go too harshly on you, and stating that you already know you lack emotion on the recording. Have you ever heard emotionless singing sound good? exactly.

So the analogy of me dressing up like a ballerina is interchangeable with you using auto-tuning. I was just emphasizing the point that it won't help because well... it wont.

And then i said it'll sound horrible in a track because well... it will. It's not good singing - but i'll reiterate the fact that you KNEW this before you posted it up. The way i see it is i've been the nicest one by being truthful and detailed. How much worse would it be if you put these in a track, sent it out to every label and nobody wanted it? Without getting a reason why, you might start blaming your production or your music-writing ability - which might have nothing to do with it, just because people were not honest with you and told you that you can sing when you can't.

And by my count i'm also the only one who encouraged you by telling you if you want to pursue singing to go see a vocal coach.

So according to my count - i'm the only one who gave you a detailed honest answer, despite the fact you had an inkling the singing wasn't good (by asking people not to go too hard on you, and you could recognise there was no emotion in the recording - being common knowledge that there is emotion in singing). This leads me to believe you're disheartened by the honest comments and advice that i gave you - that's fine, but it's not my fault you can't sing. It's a rare ability - and even rarer with no training.

You were going to hear the truth eventually anyway be it from me or someone else - better on a forum than infront of a lot of people, hey? besides, if you actually want to pursue singing, or anything in music, you're going to need a much tougher skin than this. To be honest you're being a bit sensitive.

erm ouch ?
Triquatra indeed, what i said was just in the friendliest possible jest, not the be taken seriously in the slightest
Future_Shock
quote:
quote:
quote:
thanks for the replies.

erm ouch ?

i'm not going to be chastised by giving honest feedback on a topic asking for feedback.

if he wasn't prepared for bad feedback, he shouldn't be asking for feedback in the first place.
Gisbo
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
thanks for the replies.

erm ouch ?

i'm not going to be chastised by giving honest feedback on a topic asking for feedback.

if he wasn't prepared for bad feedback, he shouldn't be asking for feedback in the first place.

haha ok chill out neways im out nothing left to say now bye now!
Lorenzo.Tweakn andy i really understood what you sed in your first post. you didnt need to continue. you're actin like im complete retard which is even more offensive and yes im a very sensitive person.
Future_Shock
quote:
andy i really understood what you sed in your first post. you didnt need to continue. you're actin like im complete retard which is even more offensive.

It shouldn't have been offensive in the first place - but my most recent reply analysed your post, explained and rationalized my post, and i'm getting called a retard?

I thought i was being logical.
Lorenzo.Tweakn im not callin you a retard.
quote:

actin like ima complete retard

wtf.

alright. when people go into such depth to explain things to me it seems to think i dont understand the simple fact. you went to such length to explain a simple thing. As if i dont understand what you ment by the first few statements.
atomsk Here we go.

*grabs popcorn again*

Back in high school now arent we?
Future_Shock
quote:
im not callin you a retard.
quote:

actin like ima complete retard

wtf.

alright. when people go into such depth to explain things to me it seems to think i dont understand the simple fact. you went to such length to explain a simple thing. As if i dont understand what you ment by the first few statements.

well that's a bit of a catch 22 isn't it.

Because if you understood then you wouldn't have taken offence - but then after justifying it, with your response, i'd be surprised if you even read it. It was logical and explained everything that i said, in case there was any miscommunication between what i said, and what you inferred. Which there obviously was, so there was justification in me verifying and explaining in detail.

So let me get this straight for a second.

You obviously posted up a clip of you singing for feedback. I gave you honest feedback, which you inferred to mean that you shouldn't ever sing again - even though i said if you wanted to pursue it to go see a vocal coach. Okay.

But then, after reading that you were offended by my first post (which wasn't meant to be offensive) I thought it'd be a good idea to explain what i meant - which you inferred to mean that i think you're a retard.

Come on man, is there any way to win with you apart from lying to you?
Ionosphere ....and I'll repeat my post from earlier -

quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
Lorenzo.

Andy has obviously sobered-up from Australia Day and, as hard as it may seem, is telling you the Truth. Be wise and believe him.

I don't know about anyone else here but if you've seen programmes like the X Factor the only episodes worth watching are the first few

where they hold the auditions and all the useless wannabes are told the truth that they can't sing and Simon Cowell, who tells them so, is made out to horrible.

WTF is wrong with the world these days where the Truth, as opposed to a vague and unqualified opinion, is no longer acceptable?

This topic is no different but Andy has had the good grace to suggest that by taking singing lessons you might improve.

Where on earth is there anything offensive in that???? Get over yourselves' people. ffs.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by redwingz:
quote:
Originally posted by Dante:
quote:
we are scene of hate?

This site is full of pussycats compared to Ush mate. There is very rarely conflict or harsh words on this site, Id say its a very polite site actually :)

Yeah this site is very tame by comparison.
djDMS Jesus effing christ!

Lorenzo Lorenzo Lorenzo....

You're clearly a really nice guy but it might have been a little unwise for someone as sensitive as yourself to seek other people's opinion if you're unable to take any negative (but constructive) comments.

Nobody has said OH MY GOD THAT SOUNDS AWFUL!, but i guarantee you some will have thought it. So you should be grateful people have tried to be nice about it.

It's nothing to do with 'hating' or people criticising just for fun - you want honesty, that's what you'll get here. Nobody has belittled you or made fun of you, you should in fact be grateful that people have taken the time to listen and give feedback - plenty of people don't get that.

I don't know of any place, either in 'real life' or the internet where everybody likes everything and agrees on everything with everybody else!

Well, not unless www.sycophanticarselickersoftheworldunite.com is a real website.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Jesus effing christ!

Lorenzo Lorenzo Lorenzo....

You're clearly a really nice guy but it might have been a little unwise for someone as sensitive as yourself to seek other people's opinion if you're unable to take any negative (but constructive) comments.

Nobody has said OH MY GOD THAT SOUNDS AWFUL!, but i guarantee you some will have thought it. So you should be grateful people have tried to be nice about it.

It's nothing to do with 'hating' or people criticising just for fun - you want honesty, that's what you'll get here. Nobody has belittled you or made fun of you, you should in fact be grateful that people have taken the time to listen and give feedback - plenty of people don't get that.

I don't know of any place, either in 'real life' or the internet where everybody likes everything and agrees on everything with everybody else!

Well, not unless www.sycophanticarselickersoftheworldunite.com is a real website.

Everything about this post is true and couldn't really have said it better, though i tried (not here).
latininxtc i was wondering why this post was so long, and after a few laughs i was glad i found out!

btw haven't heard the vocals, may or may not check them out
Gisbo isnt happy hardcore such a loving caring community hahahaha

so im gna sing a little song in text

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa laaa laaa la la la alalalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

written by gisbo hahahaha

im so bored
latininxtc if you don't think there's not enough love here, you're more than welcome to go to ush i'm sure they'll give you plenty of love over there.

didn't get a chance to hear the clip as it has been removed, but i'd rather someone who knows what they're talking about to be brutally honest w/ me no matter how hurtful it can be than to have my friends give unwarranted positive feedback, only to make a total ass of myself

redwingz I would say in terms of other music communities which are blatantly and publically very 'cut-throat' hardcore is full of pussy cats who on the whole, all get along well.

Every music industry is competitive. Actually, every INDUSTRY is competitive. Its like applying for a job, if you arent right for the role, they dont hire you so that your feelings arent hurt, they tell you they arent hiring you and that they went with someone else who is better, yet that doesnt upset people, its just life.
Music is no different, wether its hardcore, dubstep, rock or pop. You get people who are honest. Why? Because we all love the scene we are involved in, and people want to help eachother and the only way you can do that is through honesty.

Saying UK Hardcore is a harsh scene is so far off the mark. Hardcore is a soft scene, and that, mainly is because there is no money in it. The more money in an industry, the tougher it is. If you are a popstar and you album flops, you know this, the world knows this and you are dropped from the label and your career is effectively over. Those labels are driven by money, if you arent making it for them, go flip burgers. Where has this idea that everybody in hardcore has to get along come from anyway? In music there will always be conflict because its taste, and people like different things. WE CANT ALL LOVE EACHOTHER.
In hardcore if you have a couple of tracks that sell badly....who cares? Nobody actually knows what your sales figures are and nobody really cares, because no one is achieving anywhere near enough sales to make a living off mp3 sales in UK hardcore, not even close. So a label would never drop you for poor sales, and if they did, there are a million and 1 other digital half arsed run labels who will have you.

The problem with UK Hardcore is that there is no quality control. You can be the worst producer in the world and still sell your music by signing up to IMOdownload and 'starting a label'. This gives idiots the chance to think they are running a record label because they have an IMO account and a soundcloud page, and it lets deluded producers think they are awesome because they have tracks 'signed' to a 'label'.

The problem I have with this scene is that there are more labels than paying customers. I use the term label very loosely because I dont think you can class 90% of the labels in hardcore as a 'record label' because I genuinely dont think that the people running that 90% of labels know the first thing about the legal side and business and marketing side of music.

Getting slightly off the point now, so Ill wrap it up :p
People who think this scene is harsh....try another scene, a bigger scene, find out how harsh music really can be, cause in hardcore with how easy it is to become a 'signed artist' I think we have the easiest and safest scene in music.
Ionosphere
quote:

....oh yeh, Lorenzo, just for curiosity's sake, link me up to your vocals (as they're no longer on SoundCloud) and I'll use every trick in the book to make them sound as good as possible and that's a promise.
djDMS Wise words from Redwingz, who i suspect knows how to run his own little empire without needing meaningless encouragement from a bunch of brown-nosers who know chuff all about anything (but secretly daren't voice an opinion in case he gets famous)!

Gisbo, you must have so many people up your arse you don't know the difference between constructive criticism and ripping other people to bits.

You've either been let down badly in the past so much that you can't tell the difference or you do far too many drugs!
H3RO I completely agree with everything Andy said. I've had the opportunity to talk to him and get to know him a little bit, and he's just an honest dude. He's not going to tell you something to make you feel good. He wasn't being mean...at all. Posting a clip of you singing and asking for feedback on a forum frequently visited by producers and musicians, and professional ones at that, i.e. Andy, you're going to get feedback. Instead of getting your feelings hurt and giving up on singing, which might not be your thing, but learn from what he's saying. No one here thinks any less of you because you can't sing.
atomsk Mr. Mods, I think this should be closed soon, not because everyone is harsh truthful. But because this is turning into a lynching, we all know the scene is hard, we hear about it every day. So just the sake of the forum, I think this needs be closed before it escalates into something worse.
The Dopeman this site aint that harsh (i don't think anyway) i asked 4 advice n got it plus i got good feedback on my tunes n i h8 a lot o them n was expecting a fair bit of negativity but instead got helpful advice n even if i did get negative feedback it still wouldn't have stopped me i do it bcuz i enjoy it & btw i clicked on the link but it looks like you took it off soundcloud u shudnt have just bcuz people say it aint gud dnt mean u have to stop keep all ur bad examples n use em as a template to improve thats the only way to improve imho...keep tryin until you get it right not every1 can sing naturally some people have to learn so i say keep at it n you'll get there in the end dnt let any1 get you down n do what you want to do...even if it is terrible
Revs The lyrics could be very Clubland-style! Forget what Andy said, what you need is practice! It's not a matter of "you've got it or not", you can learn everything and you'll never end learning in life. You need lessons and practice, like 99.9% of people who do this! Do you seriously believe big stars started singing out of nowhere and suddenly became who they are now? No...

The only thing I agree with is that it doesn't really sound like singing... it's very stare and you don't show much emotions, try to put more energy in your words, try to "let everything out" when you sing, that's the only advice I can give you for now :) Avoid being monotone!

But don't worry, I bet the guys in this thread wouldn't even have the balls to upload a clip like that ;) At least it shows you have more self-confidence than them, so don't give up! Cheers and good luck Lorenzo :)
Gisbo
quote:
Wise words from Redwingz, who i suspect knows how to run his own little empire without needing meaningless encouragement from a bunch of brown-nosers who know chuff all about anything (but secretly daren't voice an opinion in case he gets famous)!

Gisbo, you must have so many people up your arse you don't know the difference between constructive criticism and ripping other people to bits.

You've either been let down badly in the past so much that you can't tell the difference or you do far too many drugs!

uncalled for?

im just moody ****er you get used to me
ive actually never done drugs well weed but it wasnt for me lol im just a headcase lol

Future_Shock
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:
The lyrics could be very Clubland-style! Forget what Andy said, what you need is practice! It's not a matter of "you've got it or not", you can learn everything and you'll never end learning in life. You need lessons and practice, like 99.9% of people who do this! Do you seriously believe big stars started singing out of nowhere and suddenly became who they are now? No...

are you seriously suggesting that natural talent isn't part of being an amazing singer?

If that were true then everyone would be a famous singer, and the music industry would fall flat on it's face because talent has become irrelevant.

Also, don't tell him to disregard what i said! I told him to go and see a vocal coach... practicing by yourself is going to do way more harm than good if you don't have proper technique... not only can it stunt your growth as a singer but with bad technique you can also damage your vocal cords!

Talented singers who get vocal coaching is akin to a talented basketball player having a good coach. If you suck at basketball it'll help you get better by having an awesome coach, but it wont get you into the NBA - because there's a certain element of talent involved.
Hoodzie Bloody hell this is beyond stupid!! think the post needs to stop!!

Ok the guy cant sing hes been told end of no need to drag this out and embarrass him is there??

because some unprofessional people are making this post so big it will now prevent other people from sending vocal demo's to producers or online forums because they will think that this is the kind of shit they will get if there do and think there not good enough.

medals around to everyone on this thread thats posted to give this kid stick
Revs
quote:
quote:
The lyrics could be very Clubland-style! Forget what Andy said, what you need is practice! It's not a matter of "you've got it or not", you can learn everything and you'll never end learning in life. You need lessons and practice, like 99.9% of people who do this! Do you seriously believe big stars started singing out of nowhere and suddenly became who they are now? No...

are you seriously suggesting that natural talent isn't part of being an amazing singer?

If that were true then everyone would be a famous singer, and the music industry would fall flat on it's face because talent has become irrelevant.

Also, don't tell him to disregard what i said! I told him to go and see a vocal coach... practicing by yourself is going to do way more harm than good if you don't have proper technique... not only can it stunt your growth as a singer but with bad technique you can also damage your vocal cords!

Talented singers who get vocal coaching is akin to a talented basketball player having a good coach. If you suck at basketball it'll help you get better by having an awesome coach, but it wont get you into the NBA - because there's a certain element of talent involved.

Talent is not genetic and that's proven... it's something you earn, expand, learn..
And yes that's why I told him he should get lessons.

But you shouldn't discourage him! I bet the first tracks you done were shit aswell or actually whatever you touched for the first time automatically turned into crap.
redwingz
quote:
quote:
quote:

Talent is not genetic and that's proven... it's something you earn, expand, learn..

I think I would disagree to some extent. I would say some people are definitely born to do something. There are some talents that people have that they dont discover until they are into middle age, how can that have been taught to them?

For example, I remember a guy years ago, he was in his mid-40s and he was quitting smoking, so he took up golf to give himself something else to focus on and something to take his mind off it. A few years later he was in the British Open (a professional tournament). I have been playing golf since I was 7 years old and I even had professional lessons. Im OK, but Im no where near good enough to even think about playing in tournaments, and Ive been playing over 15 years! Maybe that guy was born to play golf, and myself....after 15 years of trying, am obviously not.
Im not saying this is ALWAYS the case, I think people can learn something and become professional. But i also think there are people who are just born to do something, even if they dont know what that something is yet.

As for having this thread closed....why? I really dont see what harm the thread is doing. Its a public forum for people to have discussions and voice opinions, you cant go locking every thread when things get a little heated. This thread isnt even talking about Lorenzo anymore. Its a discussion about singing in general so I dont see the problem.
Lorenzo is a decent guy, anyone who knows him will know that and I imagine he has taken some of what has been said to heart, but hes a good guy and alot of people respect him, and i know for a fact he is someone who is keen to learn.
Future_Shock
quote:
Originally posted by Hoodzie:
Bloody hell this is beyond stupid!! think the post needs to stop!!

Ok the guy cant sing hes been told end of no need to drag this out and embarrass him is there??

because some unprofessional people are making this post so big it will now prevent other people from sending vocal demo's to producers or online forums because they will think that this is the kind of shit they will get if there do and think there not good enough.

medals around to everyone on this thread thats posted to give this kid stick

Future_Shock
quote:
quote:
quote:

But you shouldn't discourage him! I bet the first tracks you done were shit aswell or actually whatever you touched for the first time automatically turned into crap.

you dont learn talent.

If we're specifically talking about singing, then explain to me why some people are SIGNIFICANTLY better than other people, without having ever had lessons?

For the last ****ing time i didn't discourage him, i told him to see a vocal coach for **** sake. But giving him false hope, like you, is doing way more harm than good.
Revs
quote:
Originally posted by redwingz:
I think I would disagree to some extent. I would say some people are definitely born to do something. There are some talents that people have that they dont discover until they are into middle age, how can that have been taught to them?

For example, I remember a guy years ago, he was in his mid-40s and he was quitting smoking, so he took up golf to give himself something else to focus on and something to take his mind off it. A few years later he was in the British Open (a professional tournament). I have been playing golf since I was 7 years old and I even had professional lessons. Im OK, but Im no where near good enough to even think about playing in tournaments, and Ive been playing over 15 years! Maybe that guy was born to play golf, and myself....after 15 years of trying, am obviously not.
Im not saying this is ALWAYS the case, I think people can learn something and become professional. But i also think there are people who are just born to do something, even if they dont know what that something is yet.

Yes that's true I completely agree, but that's the passion! Perhaps he found it a billion times more interesting than you and therefore he's better at it. The more a human being loves and enjoys something, the better he does it. No matter if he has practice or not! And there's a point where you break the "Im-in-it"-barrier where you are completely into your thing and that's everything you're focusing on. I'm not talking about a single moment now, but about a whole life. Some people are into music production and that's like their only "tunnel" in life, that's what everything is all about. Same can be with love, you can love someone so much and automatically do everything for them, without even noticing what you are doing because you will be in some kind of 'rush', until it becomes an obsession, which is bad. There are no people who are born to do this or that, everyone is more or less the same at the age of birth, everything else depends on education, environment... things you learn from the people around you, the mentality you get, the way you actually ACT, the things you do, the way you see life, etc etc... that's a whole psychological thing :) But it's very interesting actually, I'm thinking of studying psychology as I've already read tons about it and I really want to know more. An interesting topic aswell is (nothing to do with this here) why do WE especially like Happy Hardcore? What elements make that we enjoy it? Why do we classify music after genres and not after moods? Why do some people enjoy Gabber? To let the **** out? To let aggressions inside of them out, perhaps like some people do with sports? etc etc.
Hard2Get I'm just waiting for a time where i can be bothered read this whole topic, it's going to be entertaining.
acidfluxxbass Good read.

Important points were made in the first few posts, now its getting a bit Sharia-Law-punishment-style

It took 3.25 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page