Radio listeners 181+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Web site suggestions & site problems
 The "verified artist" medal

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Future_Shock From memory the prerequisite used to be that you sold 500 copies of a vinyl release on an established label. Vinyl is dead now.

What exactly is the prerequisite now?
Mortis I think the only requirement is that you have to have at least one vinyl release.
Dante
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
I think the only requirement is that you have to have at least one vinyl release.

So if I cut myself a dubplate I'm in business? :D
Mortis Does a dub plate count as a release as it's not on label?
Future_Shock
quote:
I think the only requirement is that you have to have at least one vinyl release.

vinyl isn't exactly common any more.

Even larger labels like NEC don't even press vinyl any more.

Australia with force was one of the most popular labels out in it's time. Had some of the biggest artists in hardcore on it - was constantly and consistently in the most downloaded charts on imo - and some tracks still are! Never released vinyl though.

I dunno, policy seems pretty outdated imo. Vinyl is by no means a measure of standard.
acidfluxxbass 10+ digital releases and your done.
Future_Shock
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
10+ digital releases and your done.

lolwhat?
whispering AFAIK you have to have a "respectable" release. Meaning its in our DB. However, i have no idea if anyone updates it anymore.
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
quote:

Australia with force was one of the most popular labels out in it's time. Had some of the biggest artists in hardcore on it - was constantly and consistently in the most downloaded charts on imo - and some tracks still are! Never released vinyl though.

I dunno, policy seems pretty outdated imo. Vinyl is by no means a measure of standard.

Indeed.

It's an outdated system for an outdated medium. I did ask Silver about this a few years back:

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=44006&SearchTerms=artist,medal
Future_Shock
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
quote:

Indeed.

It's an outdated system for an outdated medium. I did ask Silver about this a few years back:

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=44006&SearchTerms=artist,medal

Yeah i remember that thread.

Oh well it was just something that came to me in passing thought.

It is pretty hard to measure the quality of stuff being released... But instead of using imo... why not used established sites like HBD who often reject labels? There's obviously no quality control on imo...

But as long as you have a release on an established label i dont see the problem. basically at the moment if i got a release on NEC or a digital release on lethal theory i wouldn't be a verified artist? That's definitely not right.
Mortis I agree Andy. The point I originally raised wasn't meant to be regarding quality control but it got taken the wrong way and all hell broke loose (as usual).

I don't see why what I said in the my two posts in that thread weren't taken on board. I said about established labels and be sold on a legitimate store etc. and I still don't see what the problem is. If TID let a track on their store 9.9/10 times it's because it's a legitimate release.

I think the main problem now is that Silver is too busy to let digital news through and I guess that goes for digital releases too, we don't have a digital mod so I guess it renders the subject irrelevant.
Future_Shock
quote:
I agree Andy. The point I originally raised wasn't meant to be regarding quality control but it got taken the wrong way and all hell broke loose (as usual).

I don't see why what I said in the my two posts in that thread weren't taken on board. I said about established labels and be sold on a legitimate store etc. and I still don't see what the problem is. If TID let a track on their store 9.9/10 times it's because it's a legitimate release.

I think the main problem now is that Silver is too busy to let digital news through and I guess that goes for digital releases too, we don't have a digital mod so I guess it renders the subject irrelevant.

Leto used to do the digital news... maybe silver would be happy taking on board another moderator who can keep up with digital releases and that kind of thing?
Dain-Ja I had a track on Hardcore Addiction 4 - do I deserve a medal?

:D
Audio Warfare
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:
I had a track on Hardcore Addiction 4 - do I deserve a medal?

I had one on 100% Hardcore too! Apparently if the CD isn't on the database a medal can't be added and nobody is doing the database now or something.
Dain-Ja
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
quote:
I had a track on Hardcore Addiction 4 - do I deserve a medal?

I had one on 100% Hardcore too! Apparently if the CD isn't on the database a medal can't be added and nobody is doing the database now or something.

To be fair, the database is a bit redundant considering how good discogs is...

Mortis
quote:
To be fair, the database is a bit redundant considering how good discogs is...

To be honest most websites in the same vein as happy hardcore.com, ush etc are becoming redundant. Discogs rules the databse market, facebook and twitter the social aspect, youtube rules videos, soundcloud owns the hosting side of things for mixes and tracks...it's almost impossible to do anything original these days because the internet has "super sites" now.
silver The system needs a little bit of an upgrade... I have new code to go in but need to transfers the data over. Our system is quite good but then again we only handle 1 genre so have less in our database.

To answer Andy's question.

1. A vinyl release.
2. A CD (not CD-R) that pressed over 150 units and went on general sale or had distribution.

I understand the system needs to be updated to handle digital releases but we would need alot of helpers to handle that one. I feel the system at the moment does not reward contributors as well as I would like, I really want contributors to be known / rewarded or something, at the minimum a list of top contributors with rankings and stuff.

For example Mortis has been a great help in the events section as of late, a massive help actually... I wish I could put contributors names up in lights in a rewarding way.
Mortis A lot of boards can let you give custom user titles or let you change user name colours etc. I'm not sure about this forum but maybe you could look at something like that for contributors?

It has user ranks so does it let you make custom user ranks and will it let you assign that rank to members of the forum or does it have to be based on posts?

Also, what exactly you you need help with to get the digital artist medal in place? Is it the verification of the artist or is it the upkeep of the database? Or help with the code? I'm sure people will be willing to help out as best they can if you ask, I know I will.

*edit*

I've been trying to install Snitz forum all morning so I can have a look at the way it works but my host doesn't accept asp and the free host I quickly signed up for doesn't seem to want to run it either (although they say they accept asp). If it is running on VB or IPB it'd be so much easier!
Mortis Here's a mod that you might be able to use Silver, regarding the contributions etc: http://www.snitzbitz.com/mods/details.asp?Version=All&mid=297
silver We dont run snitz, it had too many holes in it, I re-wrote the entire site, it is custom code.
Mortis Ahh right. I thought it was still the Snitz forum.

It took 1.05 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page