Radio listeners 168+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Formula 1

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
acidfluxxbass Whats your team?

Who's your driver?

I'm watching the F1 now, and the teams are set to restart in the Monte Carlo GP.

I'm with Mclaren, And Button's the driver for me.

I'm also following Hamilton and Di Resta. I like Sutil, but he's certainly unorthadox. That said, so is Di Resta lol.

djDMS Di Resta is a nutter, must think he's on the dodgems! Certainly makes things more interesting though. I always look out for the British drivers, Hamilton in particular, and it's Mclaren for me too.
tru bass Don't really follow any teams and I only occasionally watch F1 but watching it today was quite interesting.
I usually only find the crashes interesting but that red flag moment was really weird. I presume it doesn't happen often due to the fact the bbc didn't even know the rules.
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by tru bass:
Don't really follow any teams and I only occasionally watch F1 but watching it today was quite interesting.
I usually only find the crashes interesting but that red flag moment was really weird. I presume it doesn't happen often due to the fact the bbc didn't even know the rules.

no one knows the rules there are so many, and they change every single year.
Warnman I stopped watching Formula 1 since bunglers like Hamilton and Button have been able to achieve top rankings and even championships. Sorry, if I offend any supporters here, but especially Hamilton can't drive for shit.
It has been a continuing fashion to sign non-talented drivers and put them into the best cars, only because they have a lot of sponsors in the back.
To avoid any UK-bashing here, I name Ralf Schumacher being another example of an awefull driver as well.
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
I stopped watching Formula 1 since bunglers like Hamilton and Button have been able to achieve top rankings and even championships. Sorry, if I offend any supporters here, but especially Hamilton can't drive for shit.
It has been a continuing fashion to sign non-talented drivers and put them into the best cars, only because they have a lot of sponsors in the back.
To avoid any UK-bashing here, I name Ralf Schumacher being another example of an awefull driver as well.

What are you talking about?

A drivers quality is shown by regular performances and regular finishes. A bad and inexperienced driver will crash or spin out every race, but the better ones stay on. Hamilton and Button qualify as good drivers. Button is fantastic with tyre control, great with fuel consumption and DOMINATED in the brawns for the best part of the season. Hamilton came into F1 and immediately shone.

If its down to the cars, then I cant say Vettel is any better than the mclaren duo.
yzerman Havnt been watching a lot recently but have watched the last 2 GP's the spanish one was a great race will probably watch it more now seems a lot better this season with the kers and the thing they do with the wing. Fave team is Mclaren and am a Hamilton fan, i used to like Kubica aswell whats happened to him?

How can you say Hamilton is bad he is class and is entertaining
Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
A drivers quality is shown by regular performances and regular finishes.
A bad and inexperienced driver will crash or spin out every race, but the better ones stay on.

I don't agree to this statement. Those times have passed long ago. The technical improvemnets became more and more important.

quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:If its down to the cars, then I cant say Vettel is any better than the mclaren duo.

I sign that! Vettel is like a suicide bomber. I have never seen a driver blowing up the engine more frequently than Vettel.
acidfluxxbass
quote:
quote:
A drivers quality is shown by regular performances and regular finishes.
A bad and inexperienced driver will crash or spin out every race, but the better ones stay on.

I don't agree to this statement. Those times have passed long ago. The technical improvemnets became more and more important.

quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:If its down to the cars, then I cant say Vettel is any better than the mclaren duo.

I sign that! Vettel is like a suicide bomber. I have never seen a driver blowing up the engine more frequently than Vettel.

well how many times did a force india driver finish compared to a mclaren driver last year?
Mclaren had a dreadful car last year, with dreadful grip, but the drivers made the most of it. I dont see how you can say Hamilton and Button are bad, when they show the ability to win championships. Its still about the drivers. Look at Rosberg compared to Schumi this year. Rosberg is way out infront. Look at Red Bull. Vettel over Webber everytime. Look at Ferrari, Alonso over Massa, its still about driver ability... Cars play a huge part, yes, no dispute there, but when Rosberg goes 4th and Schumi ends up 10th, theres always the driver ability factor.
Warnman
quote:
Cars play a huge part, yes, no dispute there

Tmo opinion nowadays it's the only part, which is counting. Put poor (not shitty) drivers in a good car and, they will achieve top rankings. You kind of came to the same conclusion, simply only by comparing the team-intern rankings. It became the only countable point to contrast skills and talents (or age, when it comes to Schumacher).
You can't compare drivers from Force India with the ones from Red Bull. And this is is the modern dilemma of Formula 1, where I told myself not to watch it anymore.
I am not that radical, due I am not looking for the boring Nascar or Indycar crap, where everybody uses the same automobiles.
Craigavon raver Havn't watched formula 1 in a long time but used to follow jordan when they were around
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
Havn't watched formula 1 in a long time but used to follow jordan when they were around

A Damon Hill fan?
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by yzerman:
Havnt been watching a lot recently but have watched the last 2 GP's the spanish one was a great race will probably watch it more now seems a lot better this season with the kers and the thing they do with the wing. Fave team is Mclaren and am a Hamilton fan, i used to like Kubica aswell whats happened to him?

How can you say Hamilton is bad he is class and is entertaining

Kubica had a huge rally crash. Has been in hospital for ages, and is still recovering. MIght never drive again.. :(
SPOOX Not really into F1 to be honest. I find it boring. I'm a massive bike fan so give me Moto GP, WSB or BSB anyday.
Craigavon raver
quote:
quote:
Havn't watched formula 1 in a long time but used to follow jordan when they were around

A Damon Hill fan?

Yeh i liked damon hill,but think the real reason is that yellows my favourite colour and they were the only yellow car lmao and plus oul eddies irish:)
Warnman
quote:

Jordan have had the most awesome pit babes in history,...
TheOneNOnly Never watched it.

Comment end.
Lilley
quote:

Well he's not. The only difference between them is how much money each team has and the quality of the engineering. At the top end there isn't any difference between the abilities of the drivers. Even at the bottom end, the amount of money teams have to pour into the other cars is much greater than the difference between the drivers.

I will agree with you on the point about button conserving his tyres though.

quote:
Originally posted by SPOOX:
Not really into F1 to be honest. I find it boring. I'm a massive bike fan so give me Moto GP, WSB or BSB anyday.

I hear you. The best drivers in the world are either on two wheels or dirt. MotoGP is boring though.
Craigavon raver
quote:
quote:

Jordan have had the most awesome pit babes in history,...

Can't say i remember lol
Lilley Lazarus come forth.

Pretty good season this year. The complete car advantage red bull had last year has thankfully withered to dust. I think the randomness to the victories just goes to show how little driver skill has had to do with winning in the past. Now that the cars are even...

I have to say, schumacher has really good form. But I hate the cock. So I'm the current run of luck he's been having is pretty much the best of both worlds.

It took 2.19 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page