Radio listeners 167+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Artist crediting issues (fake credits)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
cruelcore1 For example, there are 2 versions of original artist credits for "Angel Eyes".
Brisk & Ham - Angel Eyes
Hixxy - Angel Eyes

Also "24/7"
Eclipse feat Melvina - 24/7 (Breeze & Styles Remix)
Hixxy - 24/7

And "Pretty Rave Girl"
S3RL - Pretty Rave Girl
I-Am-X-Ray - Pretty Rave Girl
(eventhough I know there's a chance tht I-Am-X-Ray was S3RL's old nickname)

What is it all about? How the hell did they get to the fake credits spreading them though the world? "Hixxy - Angel Eyes" is not even close to Hixxy's style!
djDMS Where are you getting these credits from?

Only ones I ever hear of are from wrongly labelled illegal rips.
Triquatra usually comes down to illegal downloads, things get lost in translation these songs have usually come off CDs that were mixed by the (incorrect) artist given.

quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

youtube!
Hard2Get They aren't fake, they are just incorrect.
SpiritWolf on youtube hixxy made every hardcore song ever made =P
m0nst3r

And "Pretty Rave Girl"
S3RL - Pretty Rave Girl
I-Am-X-Ray - Pretty Rave Girl
(eventhough I know there's a chance tht I-Am-X-Ray was S3RL's old nickname)

^^lol wut?
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
usually comes down to illegal downloads, things get lost in translation these songs have usually come off CDs that were mixed by the (incorrect) artist given.

quote:

youtube!

Never heard of it!
D-tor I haven't heard of the other mishaps, but I definitely know S3RL himself denounced I-Am-XRay a while ago.

http://www.myspace.com/s3rl/blog/344052395

Samination the "hixxy" ones are obvious, since both tracks appeared on Hixxy's Bonkers mixes. That's like when I got into hardcore, a artist named "happy hardcore" made famous tracks like elysium and shooting star :D
acidfluxxbass As said before, sometimes tracks are labelled under the name of the mixer accidentally.
cruelcore1
quote:
quote:
usually comes down to illegal downloads, things get lost in translation these songs have usually come off CDs that were mixed by the (incorrect) artist given.

quote:

youtube!

Never heard of it!

If you're refering to YouTube, it's the most popular video streaming site. Its my main location as well because it has a plenty of music and people. Good place to gain popularity

I have always thought tht might be bcuz of filesharing. Though, I noticed "Hixxy's" stuff I mentioned are short and seem to be a part of a mix (not sure about 24/7).

Don't think of me as a loony now, guys, but this is a ****ing tragedy! Wrong credits have become super-popular especially on YouTube! Just take a look at this shit:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hixxy+24+7&aq=3&oq=hixxy+
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hixxy+angel+eyes&aq=f

I have already posted comments on wrongly credited Angel Eyes.
cruelcore1
quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWolf:
on youtube hixxy made every hardcore song ever made =P

lol.

He's the most popular Hardcore guy there, so when you say Hardcore they say Hixxy. Though, it's not YouTube itself, it's a partial fault of a special community. There are uploaders who use tags combined with Trance or Trance without tags, and with anime pictures, to share the ELECTRONIC tracks with the world, calling them all Trance (Yes, guys, even UK Hardcore is Trance for them). It's mostly EuroTrance and Dream Trance, there are also Hardcore. Nightcore scene is very bound to them - same music, but vocal and sped up. However, small number of them knows about more Hardcore people than Hixxy, Styles, Breeze and maybe Squad-E. Too bad cuz I figured out those guys actually love Hardcore (but can't find any songs).

I used to be one of them. But now im far less ignorant and deep into Hardcore eventhough I still like them.
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWolf:
on youtube hixxy made every hardcore song ever made =P

Brillant was just gonna say that lmao!
Triquatra personally, if I was S3rl...i would be quite happy for other people to take credit for pretty rave girl - not a song I would want to be credited for ;)
cruelcore1
quote:
personally, if I was S3rl...i would be quite happy for other people to take credit for pretty rave girl - not a song I would want to be credited for ;)

If some1 stole credits for my song, no matter how shitty it was, I'd kick his ass. And I love Pretty Rave Girl
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by cruelcore1:
quote:
quote:

quote:

youtube!

Never heard of it!

If you're refering to YouTube, it's the most popular video streaming site. Its my main location as well because it has a plenty of music and people. Good place to gain popularity

I think he was being sarcastic. Unless your also being sarcastic & here's me nibbling the bait.
Triquatra sarcasm doesnt translate well into other countries hehe
latininxtc
quote:
sarcasm doesnt translate well into other countries hehe

or just doesn't exist lol
cruelcore1 I made a video. Hopefully at least 15% of my 1800 subscribers will watch it.

Triquatra http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYhnEdxdINA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl8pkyrYMoI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOHBEJ4sCBs

;)
Samination
quote:
I made a video. Hopefully at least 15% of my 1800 subscribers will watch it.

that didn't help on Napster or S L S K, or with DJ Rankin fans, why should it work now? =P
cruelcore1
quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYhnEdxdINA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl8pkyrYMoI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOHBEJ4sCBs

;)

Thanks for that, man! I know who made and remixed I See The Light, but you you please tell me the right credits for the other 2?

Also, guys, if you know more, write them down here! I'll add them in my video description.
cruelcore1
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
I made a video. Hopefully at least 15% of my 1800 subscribers will watch it.

that didn't help on Napster or S L S K, or with DJ Rankin fans, why should it work now? =P

If Im wrong then I'm just foolishly hoping ;) I don't care, I wanna do the right thing!
Triquatra Bang! - Shooting Star
Scott Brown Vs Rab S - Now Is The Time

they were all on Bonkers
acidfluxxbass There was a mistake on Bonkers 12. Dreadhed - Chaos & Death (title check) was named instead of Ham - 2 Da Floor I think. Again check those titles, im talking from raw memory.
Revs looool you guys forgot the MOST important one! Hixxy - Hardcore Til I Die
It's Adam Harris - Heaven's Above

Just because Hixxy plays it with that terrible "DJ. Hixxy. H.T.I.D... etc" sample everyone thinks he made it

But it's not his fault, it's the stupid people who don't care where the tracks come from

And 'Nightcore' I think also steal a lot of tracks, like Field of Dreams for example. But then I heard Nightcore is some sort of genre and not an artist, but really I have no idea...
cruelcore1
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
There was a mistake on Bonkers 12. Dreadhed - Chaos & Death (title check) was named instead of Ham - 2 Da Floor I think. Again check those titles, im talking from raw memory.

it says: Dreadhead - Chaos & Might
They say it should be: Brisk and Ham - To The Floor

cruelcore1
quote:
Bang! - Shooting Star
Scott Brown Vs Rab S - Now Is The Time

they were all on Bonkers

Thnx, man!

quote:
Originally posted by Revs:
looool you guys forgot the MOST important one! Hixxy - Hardcore Til I Die

Just because Hixxy plays it with that terrible "DJ. Hixxy. H.T.I.D... etc" sample everyone thinks he made it

But it's not his fault, it's the stupid people who don't care where the tracks come from

And 'Nightcore' I think also steal a lot of tracks, like Field of Dreams for example. But then I heard Nightcore is some sort of genre and not an artist, but really I have no idea...

That HTID thing sounds fcked... Thnx for tellin me. =)

And Nightcore did not steal the songs. It just didn't leave the credits to the artists.
In the beginning they were 2 guys who made sped up versions of the songs, with some re-mastering. They eventually quit and then YouTube people started making their own Nightcore, non-downloadable in most of the cases.

EDIT: I used to make Nightcore too but I quit. I didn't want to have any problems with labels, after all I'll need them one day. Some fragments of it remained as other uploaders' videos.
My Hardcore Nightcore was called CC Semi-Nightcore as CC Half-Nightcore (little speed adding, enough key-shifting).
I'll make Hardcore Nightcore sets instead. I don't care if some people don't like high vocals, Nightcore gives more rave-energy to almost all songs I know, and I love it. In original it was suppose to be Hardcore-alike

EDIT: Despite my Nightcore deletion, I have NEVER EVER received a copyright strike. Another sort of strike happened to me once because of slight nudity, but that's cuz nowadays' people know nothing about art.
cruelcore1 BTW, guys, A guy said my reply was hard to understand. Please tell me how understandable this is. Either he's being rude or I'm having a bad grammar-day.

----------------------------------------
I'm doing what I can for my age and my conditions. This is one of the smaller things, but even small people are important. Just remember how many times you got nervous and angry with someone, and tried to solve YOUR own problem, eventhough you're just a tiny part of this world. You could have assigned to the army and fight against the terrorism.

Many artists, especially in Hardcore scene, can only afford a mediocre life. If you take away their credits, people can't buy their songs.

Or maybe you are into "big things"? If so, you should have little more understanding for "small people".
----------------------------------------
D-tor
quote:
BTW, guys, A guy said my reply was hard to understand. Please tell me how understandable this is. Either he's being rude or I'm having a bad grammar-day.

He's trolling hard. He questioned your priorities in this world by comparing artist crediting to current events.

Also you can tell when his reply is a complete rejection of your comment.

Yours truly, the voice of reason.
cruelcore1
quote:
Originally posted by D-tor:
quote:
BTW, guys, A guy said my reply was hard to understand. Please tell me how understandable this is. Either he's being rude or I'm having a bad grammar-day.

He's trolling hard. He questioned your priorities in this world by comparing artist crediting to current events.

Also you can tell when his reply is a complete rejection of your comment.

Yours truly, the voice of reason.

XDD oops, I got in a useless fight with a troll. I thought he was a dipshit who thought he knew everything. BTW, he admitted it himself. ;)
Oh well, I'm back from da gym and full of endorphins thus in the great mood!
Samination just tell him it's not legal to upload those songs, even if he claims "fair use" :)
cruelcore1
quote:
just tell him it's not legal to upload those songs, even if he claims "fair use" :)

Tell who? =)

BTW, my friend recently had problems with cybercops bcuz of his uploads. Looks like labels and RIAA sued him. She (a cybercop) demanded him to close his accused accounts and not to upload illicit material with his other accounts. She also said he can upload with authorisation, and she recommended us (Full Trance Panic).
cruelcore1 I have just remembered this:

Plus System - This Is How We Do It
Scott Brown - This Is How We Do It

Which one is right?
Triquatra plus system is scott brown
Future_Shock
quote:

Legitimate track title is actually:

Adam Harris - Heavens Above (Hixxy Remix)

And that's not the most important one to me, the one that was most annoying for me was:

Happy Hardcore - Open Your Eyes

Brisk & Trixxy - Eye Opener
cruelcore1
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
quote:

Legitimate track title is actually:

Adam Harris - Heavens Above (Hixxy Remix)

And that's not the most important one to me, the one that was most annoying for me was:

Happy Hardcore - Open Your Eyes

Brisk & Trixxy - Eye Opener

Yay, Happy Hardcore! I love that artist! :D

I'll mention that Happy Hardcore is not an artist cuz there are more mistakes like this. x)

EDIT: As far as I understood:

WRONG: Happy Hardcore - Open Your Eyes
RIGHT: Brisk & Trixxy - Eye Opener
Revs Oops forgot it was actually a Hixxy remix...

Beats, Bass & Melody (I think it's called like that, by Brooklyn Bounce) Hixxy remix is a cool timestretch aswell haha, just like Angel One.. "Remix"
silver
quote:

On a bonkers release it was listed as Scott Brown (mistakenly I think), on the single it was released as Plus System... Plus system is another name for Scott Brown.
Samination when the MP3s of Esential Platinum 2002 came, EPP13 was called Darkside - 6th Gate instead of Dougal & Gammer - 6th Gate
cruelcore1
quote:
plus system is scott brown

quote:
Originally posted by silver:
quote:

On a bonkers release it was listed as Scott Brown (mistakenly I think), on the single it was released as Plus System... Plus system is another name for Scott Brown.

OK thnx!

quote:
when the MP3s of Esential Platinum 2002 came, EPP13 was called Darkside - 6th Gate instead of Dougal & Gammer - 6th Gate

Thnx for the report!
cruelcore1 One guy told me X-Ray did not steal Pretty Rave Girl but that in fact that was a fansite for electronic music. Might be another mere filesharing error, like Hixxy ones.

It took 1.8 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page