Radio listeners 155+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Web site suggestions & site problems
 GUIDE: How to post Youtube clips

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Samination NOTICE: Silver has updated the post/reply page by adding buttons for youtube , soundcloud and mixcloud .
This guide is for how to embed youtube videos to your posts. It's slightly out of date, but it still works as intended.

NOTICE 2: When it comes to Soundcloud and Mixcloud, you copy the whole URL (with https:// and all)

NOTICE 3: TinyPic has stopped working, and I have no interest in updating the images, so I removed them instead.

Step 1: Go to your youtube clip and copy the stuff after "v="

Step 2: Go the the thread you want to post the clip in (or create a new thread), and type [youtube][/youtube] and paste the code you recieved from Step 1 in between the first ] and second [, like this:
[youtube]1YzorvpuxE8[/youtube]

when correct, you should get this result:

Troubleshooting:

Q: I can't find the "V=".
A: This should've been fixed with the latest Youtube design, but if you're viewing a video on the old design, the URL will look a bit different. The code you will have to copy will be after the last / in the URL, or if you want, you could always click on link below the video

Q: I get a white screen
A: You might have copied to little, or too much code. Just saying copy everything after the v= isn't entirely correct, as some links (especially clicking related videos) will have much more code.
Example: www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRQfzejrEro&feature=related <- in this example, the code you need to copy is the orange part. You basicly copy everything between "V=" and the following Ampersand (&)

Other examples:
www.youtube.com/v/-LRQfzejrEro?version=3&autohide=1
youtu.be/-LRQfzejrEro
www.youtube.com/oembed?url=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch?v%3D-LRQfzejrEro&format=json

REMEMBER!
The string you are copying is ALWAYS 11 tokens long. Not Less, Not More. If the text you're posting in between [youtube][/youtube] isn't 11 tokens long, it wont work
Lilark FINALLY. Thanks dude xD
Samination Forgot to update this, but even with the quick button under Format, you still need to copy the 11 letters required.
MusicILove Testing

Yay it works. Thanks for this and your earlier reply on the other thread.
Si Thompson The letter part of the YouTube link doesn't always work. It's hit and miss. Why doesn't it allow the full URL?
Samination It's always been like that. It wasn't until the inclusion of soundcloud and mixcloud that you needed to post the whole url.

Topic updated. TinyPic has seized their operation, and thus the images weren't working any longer.
silver
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
The letter part of the YouTube link doesn't always work. It's hit and miss. Why doesn't it allow the full URL?

Can you give me an example?
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
quote:
The letter part of the YouTube link doesn't always work. It's hit and miss. Why doesn't it allow the full URL?

most likely copied to much or too little of the youtube video ID.

Well, I can agree that this implementation isn't the easiest for people who prefer to use their mobile phone when browsing this website
silver
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
quote:

most likely copied to much or too little of the youtube video ID.

Well, I can agree that this implementation isn't the easiest for people who prefer to use their mobile phone when browsing this website

It was a way to future proof the site incase the URL structure ever changed (as an ID is unlikely to change)... also there are so many different youtube URL formats... I'll have to get to it
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:

It rarely happens now. This was from a year ago. It was probably due to what Samination said above.

I just copy all wording after =

Also, before the '&' if a longer text URL comes up. Seems to be fine now.

It took 0.98 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page