Total online 1647
 Radio listeners 151+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Where are the Darkest places in Britain..

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Blackcrow Which also have buildings in the Dark as well.

I want to dress up as "Garret" from the Thief Video games for Halloween this year :D but I would also like some Pitch-Black shadows to hide in.
I've been wanting to dress up as Garret for Halloween for a few years now, but have always fallen back on thinking the look would look pretty wanky under Metal Halide Streetlamps.

But then I realise.
There are no shadows anywhere anymore, no thanks to electric-lighting, and the places where "dark" actually exists as a concept haven't got any buildings.
I understand the security beneffits, but do councils really have to laycum everywhere in streetlamps and disinvent nightime.
Salsbury has pure dark areas, but the areas where there are buildings are almost indistiguishable from daytime.

Triquatra langdale valley on a cloudy night

we used to work there when i moved back to the UK - no fun walking back from the estate to the staff accommodation at 1am...just feels like you're walking into a void..quite unnerving.
Triquatra also, i bought the theif pack (all three of them) and I can't get theif 1 to run on my vista machine

not amused - and too lazy to try and make it work..the patches didn't help...so i just gave up

lazy lazy computer tech.
Ionosphere If it's really dark then no one will see you, which defeats the point of being there....

....and there's also the chance that anyone hanging around in somewhere that dark might well want to rob you, or worse....

especially if you look like like some weird creep.

The instinct to beat up strange lurking creeps in dark places is strong in most men. You have been warned.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
langdale valley on a cloudy night

we used to work there when i moved back to the UK - no fun walking back from the estate to the staff accommodation at 1am...just feels like you're walking into a void..quite unnerving.

Really? I like walking in the dark (well, if it's in wilderness anyway). It's not exactly a place known for antisocial behaviour either :P
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
If it's really dark then no one will see you, which defeats the point of being there....

....and there's also the chance that anyone hanging around in somewhere that dark might well want to rob you, or worse....

The instinct to beat up strange lurking creeps in dark places is strong in most men. You have been warned.

Yeah you really wouldn't want to be hanging around waiting to scare people. Do you (Blackcrow) really think that anyone in that situation would think you were any different from someone waiting to rob them or whatever? It wouldn't end well, lol. At the very least you would genuine scare people and there is nothing fun about that.
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
langdale valley on a cloudy night

Really? I like walking in the dark (well, if it's in wilderness anyway). It's not exactly a place known for antisocial behaviour either :P

sometimes its nice, it depends what kind of mindset I find myself in!

Blackcrow
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
If it's really dark then no one will see you, which defeats the point of being there....

Yeah you really wouldn't want to be hanging around waiting to scare people. Do you (Blackcrow) really think that anyone in that situation would think you were any different from someone waiting to rob them or whatever? It wouldn't end well, lol. At the very least you would genuine scare people and there is nothing fun about that.

Yeah your right, it was a crap Idea.

In that case I need a big group of Thief fans, some guys to play guards others to take it in turns playing Garret.
And help organising the whole event, I think it could be fun personally.
Any takers?

It took 0.78 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page