Radio listeners 162+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Hands Up Previews

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Karthy Okay so I've been messing around with hands up lately and got 2 tracks that I'm very happy with, just thought I'd share them, see if anyone likes them. I think I'm actually enjoying making HU more the HC tbh, but hey! :P

http://soundcloud.com/karthy/karthy-close-my-eyes-preview

http://soundcloud.com/karthy/karthy-one-for-me-preview
cruelcore1 I'll check it out when I can.
cruelcore1 OK, I checked it out. Good work! And, as every HC artist's HU attempt, sounds HCish x)

I also see your skill improved. Maybe kick and bass should be phatter and little more powerful with more low end, and mastering could use more improving.

And HU creating can be quite fun, especially powerful forms. Actually, producing anything different than what u usually produce is fun :P

EDIT: Oh, I see One For Me is phatter actually, and sounds less HCish. Though, vocal sounds bit distorted. Make sure no sound ever crosses 0dB mark.
Karthy
quote:
Originally posted by cruelcore1:
OK, I checked it out. Good work! And, as every HC artist's HU attempt, sounds HCish x)

I also see your skill improved. Maybe kick and bass should be phatter and little more powerful with more low end, and mastering could use more improving.

And HU creating can be quite fun, especially powerful forms. Actually, producing anything different than what u usually produce is fun :P

EDIT: Oh, I see One For Me is phatter actually, and sounds less HCish. Though, vocal sounds bit distorted. Make sure no sound ever crosses 0dB mark.

The master on Close My Eyes is terrible, it was a quick 2 minute job and the whole thing sounds pretty bad quality, must admit. But with both tracks I tried making them both hardcorey because I like hardcore, obviously I'm going to implement the hardcore elements I like :P

One For Me is alot further on though, spent several days on that whereas Close My Eyes has had a whole few hours dedicated to it, so yeah the sound needs improving alot, but neither are close to being finished. :P

As for the 0db remark, all my shit exceeds 0db, I just turn the master channel down so the whole thing in general doesn't exceed 0db, will have a look at that vocal though, might just need a little eqing.

Cheers for the comments :)
D-tor Whatever floats your boat. I enjoy Hands Up just as much as I Hardcore, it has a chill laid back party feel to it. And I think your tracks reflect that tone as well.
cruelcore1
quote:
Originally posted by Karthy:
But with both tracks I tried making them both hardcorey because I like hardcore, obviously I'm going to implement the hardcore elements I like :P

That's a good idea dude :D It's great you're trying to be more creative. Myself, I usually try to make them trancier

quote:
As for the 0db remark, all my shit exceeds 0db, I just turn the master channel down so the whole thing in general doesn't exceed 0db,...

That doesn't help, dude. Make sure nothing crosses 0db when your mixer channel volume is at 0dB. (Pushing volume against the mark with limiter doesn't count as its distortion controlled by you.) Though, crossing the mark while processing in Maximus is not that bad I think. Well u see that i mean =)
Karthy
quote:
quote:
But with both tracks I tried making them both hardcorey because I like hardcore, obviously I'm going to implement the hardcore elements I like :P

That's a good idea dude :D It's great you're trying to be more creative. Myself, I usually try to make them trancier

Just a matter of personal tastes then really ;)

quote:
quote:
As for the 0db remark, all my shit exceeds 0db, I just turn the master channel down so the whole thing in general doesn't exceed 0db,...

That doesn't help, dude. Make sure nothing crosses 0db when your mixer channel volume is at 0dB. (Pushing volume against the mark with limiter doesn't count as its distortion controlled by you.) Though, crossing the mark while processing in Maximus is not that bad I think. Well u see that i mean =)

It's how I've done it with all my tracks, will have to give it a try with making sure not a single mixer track exceeds 0db but logically it wouldn't matter and I can't see it making much difference, but we'll see :P
cruelcore1
quote:
Just a matter of personal tastes then really ;)

Yeah, that's what I meant.

quote:
It's how I've done it with all my tracks, will have to give it a try with making sure not a single mixer track exceeds 0db but logically it wouldn't matter and I can't see it making much difference, but we'll see :P

It depends. Better watch out.

It took 0.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page