Radio listeners 190+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 The Overseer ft. Kathy Sims - Turn Back Time

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Audio Warfare Getting a lot done with this week off work. 8) You may have heard the Hardcore mix, this is the original Hard Trance mix that we started but have just got around to finishing.

http://soundcloud.com/audio-warfare/the-overseer-ft-kathy-sims

I personally think it works a bit better at this speed, sounds so much more lush in the breaks and the drops.
Warnman I don't know! 144 bpm sounds very slow for being Hardtrance to my opinion.

Please don't get me wrong. I like this track, but it feels more like proper Hands-Up (and I'm usually no big supporter of Hands-Up).
The acid line at the end is wonderful.
Audio Warfare Cheers man. I think you're right and I am going to change the lead to a more traditional trance arp and possibly keep the bass in the intro going throughout instead of changing to an off beat. I thought 144bpm was about right for Hard Trance? I done a track at 146 and someone told me it sounded too fast for Hard Trance. :P
Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
Cheers man. I think you're right and I am going to change the lead to a more traditional trance arp and possibly keep the bass in the intro going throughout instead of changing to an off beat. I thought 144bpm was about right for Hard Trance? I done a track at 146 and someone told me it sounded too fast for Hard Trance. :P

Well, I don't know, but the Hardtrance I'm usually listening to is much faster. Trance has awefully slowed down over the past 10-15 years.

For example, this was mixed at 165 bpm:
http://www.mixcloud.com/Sampler19/rave-mix-8/
djDMS Love this mate, bit of a spine tingler!

Tempo sounds fine to me, don't often hear this style being made above 150.
_Jay_ Very solid. Strong. Like it.
djDMS Oh, just the one criticism though.

I was expecting a Cher cover.

Tastetherainobw Love it!
Audio Warfare Cheers guys. :) Needs a few tweaks still but we are pretty happy with it so far.

quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Oh, just the one criticism though.

Haha sorry to dissapoint. I'll have to bust out a Cher RMX to make up for it. ;p

quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
quote:
Cheers man. I think you're right and I am going to change the lead to a more traditional trance arp and possibly keep the bass in the intro going throughout instead of changing to an off beat. I thought 144bpm was about right for Hard Trance? I done a track at 146 and someone told me it sounded too fast for Hard Trance. :P

Well, I don't know, but the Hardtrance I'm usually listening to is much faster. Trance has awefully slowed down over the past 10-15 years.

For example, this was mixed at 165 bpm:
http://www.mixcloud.com/Sampler19/rave-mix-8/

I couldn't get the mix to play. :( All the Hard Trance/House etc. that I hear though is in the kinda 145bpm range. Some people do pitch it up though and in the free party scene around here I've heard people play it at 165bpm (it sounded terrible though).
Lilley
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
I don't know! 144 bpm sounds very slow for being Hardtrance to my opinion.

Please don't get me wrong. I like this track, but it feels more like proper Hands-Up (and I'm usually no big supporter of Hands-Up).
The acid line at the end is wonderful.

Hmmm, 145 is fine for hard trance. I liked the track, but agree it didn't really feel like hardtrance. While I can't properly place it, to me it feels like a happy hardcore track that has been slowed down - and hence the hands-up feel I think.

Out of curiosity, what does it sound like an octave lower across the main lead?

What I really did very much enjoy was the intro and out. Right pitch right speed, sounded great to my tastes.
Lilley Hard trance was around 165, in like, 93.
_Jay_
quote:

Can you do a remix of Bonnie Tyler - Holding On For A Hero instead? With a massively explosive synthy chorus? Loads of energy and drive? PLEASE GARY. :-/
Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
Hard trance was around 165, in like, 93.

Well, the majority of the tracks in this mix are from the early to middle of 90's.
Lilley yeh, not a bad mix.

It's really not hard to see where trancecore came from: hmmm, hmmmmm, why dont we... make it faster??
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:

Can you do a remix of Bonnie Tyler - Holding On For A Hero instead? With a massively explosive synthy chorus? Loads of energy and drive? PLEASE GARY. :-/

Don't know about you mate but in my head it sounds fantastic!
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Don't know about you mate but in my head it sounds fantastic!

It would be amazing, I'm sure of it. I've been banging on about this for years!
Audio Warfare Careful what you wish for, you may have to take partial responsibility for it. ;)
_Jay_ Does that mean you're gonna do it?!?!
Lilley proper good song that, I love 80's.
Audio Warfare I will have a quick play in a couple of weeks and see what I can come up with. ;)
_Jay_ Strong!!

Definitely got the potential to be one of the bestest/shittest/cheesiest/guiltiest-pleasuresit bootlegs ever!

It took 1.23 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page