Radio listeners 190+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Buy and sell
 wanted asap

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
raindancerob anyone got any of the following tunes for sale ?

Habegale - Want Your Mind
Uranus - Flowed On A Vibe
DD Zion - Blue Sky
Blumchen - Herz An Herz
Blossom - Heart To Heart
scottyd2k9 If no one has got them checkon discogs or htfr.com
raindancerob i cant buy from Discogs & HTFR dont have em, thanks tho mate
Samination he can't use disc because he got himself banned :P
scottyd2k9
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
he can't use disc because he got himself banned :P

:d
Hard2Get
quote:

Lol how?
Josephson_Junction
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:

Lol how?

Anal deletionists occupy sites other than Wikipedia, sadly. If I recall he was banned for submitting releases that "don't exist."

I personally stopped editing Discogs a while back after another user decided to set out on a vendetta against me and had over half of the changes I had made reverted. I complained to the admins about it and was told "if the album isn't physically in your hands, it doesn't exist."

I tried to make contributions after that but the other editor watched my contributions like a hawk and would revert them nine times out of ten despite them adhering to the above rule... oh, and site staff still sided with him too.
whispering years ago tried to submit a eurodance album, some mod said 'take your shit elsewhere'. I did.
raindancerob
quote:
Originally posted by Josephson_Junction:
quote:
quote:

Lol how?

Anal deletionists occupy sites other than Wikipedia, sadly. If I recall he was banned for submitting releases that "don't exist."

I personally stopped editing Discogs a while back after another user decided to set out on a vendetta against me and had over half of the changes I had made reverted. I complained to the admins about it and was told "if the album isn't physically in your hands, it doesn't exist."

I tried to make contributions after that but the other editor watched my contributions like a hawk and would revert them nine times out of ten despite them adhering to the above rule... oh, and site staff still sided with him too.

actually they did exist, it was just that cuz certain people hadnt heard of them they decided in their own minds that they must be made up. i provided photos & soundclips as proof & a couple of people also said they had them too. so after that i closed my account & stopped submitting on there
wong sound like right c*nts over at discogs .
_Jay_ Who the fcuk is it that runs it then? That's shocking.
raindancerob a few people are involved in the running of the site, Nik was/is the most active in the forums
raindancerob
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lol how?

wasnt Jayfive by any chance was it ? lol he has some serious anger issues/attitude problems imo
Josephson_Junction
quote:
Originally posted by raindancerob:
actually they did exist, it was just that cuz certain people hadnt heard of them they decided in their own minds that they must be made up. i provided photos & soundclips as proof & a couple of people also said they had them too. so after that i closed my account & stopped submitting on there

Oh I know they exist, hence the scare quotes. :)

Also, I'm not sure if it was Jayfive or not as it's been several years. Judging by how his user page read though, I wouldn't be surprised.
raindancerob i can understand people wanting information to be entered correctly but i think what winds people up about such sites is moderators attitude about such stuff, being rude to someone & not offering to help isint a good way to get people to fix their mistakes imo
Triquatra Ooooerrr, thats worrying lol I've just submitted a few bits and bobs and added to a ton of others, no complaints yet though!

if its any help to you, DD Zion is also on this one!
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Hardcore-Cheddar-The-Dutch-Masters-Volume-Four/release/283848
whispering
quote:
i can understand people wanting information to be entered correctly but i think what winds people up about such sites is moderators attitude about such stuff, being rude to someone & not offering to help isint a good way to get people to fix their mistakes imo

Not to mention its the contributors that actually have added the data. Without it, the site wouldn't exist.

On a side note, please make your signature as text, images aren't allowed.
raindancerob
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Ooooerrr, thats worrying lol I've just submitted a few bits and bobs and added to a ton of others, no complaints yet though!

if its any help to you, DD Zion is also on this one!
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Hardcore-Cheddar-The-Dutch-Masters-Volume-Four/release/283848

thanks mate but i want the single with three mixes on it like
raindancerob
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:
i can understand people wanting information to be entered correctly but i think what winds people up about such sites is moderators attitude about such stuff, being rude to someone & not offering to help isint a good way to get people to fix their mistakes imo

Not to mention its the contributors that actually have added the data. Without it, the site wouldn't exist.

On a side note, please make your signature as text, images aren't allowed.

exactly.

done, how come images aint allowed mate ?
Josephson_Junction
quote:
done, how come images aint allowed mate ?

I imagine its to increase readability of the forum in general.
raindancerob fair enough, was just wondering why thats all
whispering As Josephson said, it helps the readability of the site. A lot of sites allow graphic signatures, but most of them have the option to hide them. We wouldn't have that option on this forum software.
Triquatra you guys have me all worried about the additions I made to discogs now haha.

they must be making a pretty penny though - I mean Ebay are tied into discogs aren't they
you type in a barcode when you sell a CD, its discogs that it pulls the info from...we put that info into discogs...discogs making some kind of royalty from the API?

for a second I thought to myself "hell, we should be getting somthing back in return for all that help!"

then I remembered that what we get in return is a massive free-to-use database of music hehe!
raindancerob
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
As Josephson said, it helps the readability of the site. A lot of sites allow graphic signatures, but most of them have the option to hide them. We wouldn't have that option on this forum software.

no worries fella
raindancerob
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
you guys have me all worried about the additions I made to discogs now haha.

they must be making a pretty penny though - I mean Ebay are tied into discogs aren't they
you type in a barcode when you sell a CD, its discogs that it pulls the info from...we put that info into discogs...discogs making some kind of royalty from the API?

for a second I thought to myself "hell, we should be getting somthing back in return for all that help!"

then I remembered that what we get in return is a massive free-to-use database of music hehe!

na they have no connection, it's just that sellers copy & paste release information when selling music
Charger
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lol how?

Wow, I've been relying on discogs.com for album info for the past few years. Didn't expect it to be run by ignorant pricks. Now I finally understand why the info on the site is so outdated right now when it comes to hardcore releases. XD
Samination Discogs allows images to be uploaded. Very easy to show prove of existance. Unless it's a bootleg, or white label.

But when it comes to Wikipedia, it's somewhat understandable. I've heard how many times DJ Sharpnel has been added and removed because they didnt have a proper release out. But then Wikipedia is overflowed with information that could easily have been on another website dedicated to that matter.
raindancerob
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:But when it comes to Wikipedia, it's somewhat understandable. I've heard how many times DJ Sharpnel has been added and removed because they didnt have a proper release out. But then Wikipedia is overflowed with information that could easily have been on another website dedicated to that matter.

isint that the point of Wikipedia tho ?

an example of Wikipedia gone mad is they have recently removed all of the channel listings for television platforms such as Sky & Direct TV etc http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1751093 why someones decided their suddenly not valid i really dont understand
raindancerob
quote:
Discogs allows images to be uploaded. Very easy to show prove of existance. Unless it's a bootleg, or white label.

you see i did all of that & gave links to sound clips as proof but they still got rejected, not sure how else i could of proved they existed ? hence why i left the site after that
Samination
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:But when it comes to Wikipedia, it's somewhat understandable. I've heard how many times DJ Sharpnel has been added and removed because they didnt have a proper release out. But then Wikipedia is overflowed with information that could easily have been on another website dedicated to that matter.

an example of Wikipedia gone mad is they have recently removed all of the channel listings for television platforms such as Sky & Direct TV etc http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1751093 why someones decided their suddenly not valid i really dont understand

Funny. that's what I just meant. Let detailed stuff like that exist on a DEDICATED space. An Encyclopedia (which wikipedia is trying to be) Is supposed to only contain the most noteworthy of details, or a summary as wikipedia itself descibes an Encyclopedia :P

quote:
you see i did all of that & gave links to sound clips as proof but they still got rejected, not sure how else i could of proved they existed ? hence why i left the site after that

If it's like that, then ofcourse i'd say its wrong, but just for fun sake, do you have any images uploaded so I can see?
raindancerob
quote:
quote:
quote:

Funny. that's what I just meant. Let detailed stuff like that exist on a DEDICATED space. An Encyclopedia (which wikipedia is trying to be) Is supposed to only contain the most noteworthy of details, or a summary as wikipedia itself descibes an Encyclopedia :P

quote:

If it's like that, then ofcourse i'd say its wrong, but just for fun sake, do you have any images uploaded so I can see?

i get that about Wikipedia but channel listings are a valid & very useful thing to have imo

i'l see if any are still on my Photobucket account, it was years ago tho so im not sure if i still have the scans tbh
raindancerob check this Vibealite CD http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/raindancerob/?actionviewcurrentFront-1.jpg http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/raindancerob/?actionviewcurrentCD-1.jpg http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/raindancerob/?actionviewcurrentBack-1.jpg i submitted it with the scans & it was rejected for being 'fake' clearly anyone can see from the scans that it exists
Hard2Get I don't understand their problem either way. Why would someone upload something that is fake? I can understand why they would want info to be accurate, but who the **** is uploading fake releases? Let alone when they are evidently not fake!
raindancerob good question & one that i dont understand why they do that. i got a mate to add some of my rejected submissions & they got accepted, which to me proves that if certain people dont like you for whatever reason they reject your submissions just on that basis

It took 1.53 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page