Radio listeners 166+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Web site suggestions & site problems
 Everything slows down upon pressing "Reply"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Quicksilver This happens when I want to reply to a thread, and get the text box. Everything slows down to a halt for about a minute or more. Everything I type takes a few seconds to appear, etc. Mostly it only happens first time I reply every visit.

Never had this problem before a few weeks ago.

I have cleared cache, cookies and internet history, etc... Still problems!
_Jay_ Confirmed. Also noticed this.
Triquatra No changes here...everything seems fine

I'm in IE, what you chaps using?
_Jay_ Chrome, brah.
Josephson_Junction This only happens to me on threads with a large quantity of embedded Youtube videos (e.g. the tune of the day thread). At least for me, I can confirm that is the cause as killing the plugin-container.exe process in the task manager (since I use Firefox... er, Waterfox) immediately speeds up the relevant happyhardcore.com tab(s) for me.

(For those who don't happen to know, that plugin container process contains all instances of Adobe Flash running in the browser.)

If this is actually what the case is for you other guys, I imagine that limiting the amount of previous replies to the thread shown would mitigate the problem.
Quicksilver I do believe that is the cause of the problem for me too! I had a slight idea that it had to do with that, glad to have it confirmed!
174BPM Same here
Samination as soon as the textbox loads i usually press the ESC button so not alot of the utube vids are getting shown
DJ Hellfury
quote:
Originally posted by Josephson_Junction:
This only happens to me on threads with a large quantity of embedded Youtube videos
[...]

Confirmed, happens in Firefox and Chrome for me.

I also noticed that forum overview sometimes slowly builds up in Firefox, anyone got the same problem?
silver Browser problem and not a server problem, it you jam a page with too many video's it will be slow to load
DJ Hellfury
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Browser problem and not a server problem, it you jam a page with too many video's it will be slow to load

Yeah, chrome handles huge amounts of youtube videos faster than firefox, so it is a browser problem indeed

I avoid lags by smashing the esc-button but that can't be an solution :/
There should be a limit on reply preview like 10 imo.
Dante Maybe there should be a limit to the number of youtube embeds, or maybe people just shouldn't embed, and post links instead >;D
DJ Hellfury
quote:
Originally posted by Dante:
Maybe there should be a limit to the number of youtube embeds, or maybe people just shouldn't embed, and post links instead >;D

"limit to the number of youtube embeds in reply preview" gets my vote
_Jay_ ^^Agree^^
silver Is it just reply or view the page as well?

I could limit the amount of YT embeds per post or turn them into web links (over embeds) on reply view page?
DJ Hellfury I think we should rather disable yt function instead. Some smartphones like mine cant display embedded yt videos
-,- all previous posted vids should be converted to url links imo.
Samination considering the server ignores what it sends, I'd say it's a server-side problem. A user shouldn't suffer for the application's functions.
Like I've said somewhere else, and Hellfury here, find a way to disable the ytube previws in Reply (Review Topics) page
DJ Hellfury I meant completly remove yt function since some smartphones like mine cant display embedded yt vids. 2nd step would be converting all previous posted ones into url links
silver I wont be removing the feature, I think disable embeded videos in the post reply and convert to a link is a good solution.

Final thoughts?
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Hellfury:
I meant completly remove yt function since some smartphones like mine cant display embedded yt vids. 2nd step would be converting all previous posted ones into url links

if it can't display it anyways, then you dont have the slowdown. I think your smartphone is dumb enough when it cant play GIfs :P
DJ Hellfury
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Hellfury:
I meant completly remove yt function since some smartphones like mine cant display embedded yt vids. 2nd step would be converting all previous posted ones into url links

if it can't display it anyways, then you dont have the slowdown. I think your smartphone is dumb enough when it cant play GIfs :P

Cant even upgrade browser since it wont even allow upgrading without routing OS according to some IT boards i read some years ago... there is no upgrade button in system configurations like on Samsung Galaxy II -,-

Dont have slowdowns on my smartphone, yes, but they appear on my pcs. Firefox crashs on my 2nd, 7 year old PC when browsing through track of the day thread.

Anyway, silver should convert embedded yt videos into links.

Samination what are you on. Iphone?
DJ Hellfury No, i have samsung galaxy I. Bought it right after release so i have the very first OS version. Im fine with this phone but internet browsing with this un-updateable OS sucks tbh.

I will buy the next samsung galaxy iv maybe but til then i rage some in small amounts

It took 1.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page