Total online 1641
 Radio listeners 152+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 WHICH HARDCORE IZ THE DADDY? 94-97 OR98-02?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DOH BOY NEW HARDCORE IS GOOD STIL BUT MY OPINION IS ALWAYS GONA B THE SAME N 96 WAS THE BEST YEAR HARDCORE HAS EVER SEEN

fazza cant answer that mate, 2 totally different styles in my eyes. if i had 2 choose it would be the newer stuff. probably. no mabye the old stuff. oh i dunno!

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"
strychnine I'M YOUR DADDY!!!

... but back to your question, I like the the latest stuff 99-present. That's just me, of course.

ps ... STOP SHOUTING!!!

pps ... welcome aboard!

dj cypher
Xenochrome I like the new stuff, but the classics never fail to lift me up!

Don Giovanni A lot of the new stuff is amazing. Some of it ins't that great though.
Some of the tracks that have come out kinda make me think 'hey where'd the happy go?' :P

But ya In some ways the new stuff is better in many ways its not.
I think overall i love the older stuff more

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CandyAss It's really hard to say...I mean, the old stuff is what started it all and made the new stuff possible. Plus it's so damn happy and uplifting. Some of it's a bit cheesy, but then again, that goes the same for some of the newer stuff. Even records coming out today sometimes have chipmunk vocals, but for the most part it's more "sophisticated" or whatever.

I guess it's a tie. Certain old tracks I'll always love (Here I Am, Toytown, When I See You Smile, etc.), but newer tracks are becomeing some of my favourites (Shine a Light, Ghetto Blaster, Movin' On, phuckin' ANYTHING off of Master Wax). All I have to say is hardcore will never die because I'll be spinning these records in my bedroom when I'm 70 and if I have kids maybe they'll be spinning hardcore after I die :)

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org
djtommyrenegade sorry to all the new ravers, but i started listening to hardcore, when it started, and personally i think the old stuff, is fan-f@ckin-tastic, i mean, toytown, raverbaby, lovelife - hold me, nuff said, and the chipmunk voices, i love them,
Hardcore you know the score, loud and proud since 94!

'You have a heart of gold' .... oh shut up kelly

thomas crossley
Nemesis I, like slipmatt have been listening since the beginning and the old stuff is great! However, the new stuff is also great!
It's all hardcore and i love it all!

P.S. love your sig slipmatt

You got whacked cuz your weak!
djtommyrenegade thanx man

'you have a heart of gold' ... oh shut up kelly

DJ Tommy Renegade

thomas crossley
Simon 96 will always be the "Don" of all Hardcore/D&B Years :)

Sy.
fostino2000 its got 2 be the old stuff. highlander, the omen, qfx, love 4 sale, interactive - WKD!!!!!!!

RaverBaby69 the old stuff I luv it!!!!!!

"I'm having the best time being off my pickle and feelin the music"
Midway_raver 96 is THE year!!!

I love all hardcore but that year was just well special and can never be recaptured no matter how good the new stuff is.

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting
Gryff Go back to gaurding the bridge doh boy.

If a cow ever got the chance he'd kill you and everyone you care about.
TechnoNut For me, all the Happy Hardcore I like comes from 95-98, all the Freeform/Dark/Trance Hardcore is form 99-present and the old skool breakbeat Hardcore is from 92-94 so I can't really say that any one period is the best for me, the all are.

Ahh Jungle Techno Crew
Ardcore Bass Groove!
chufty 98-02 stuff is awesome but for some unknown reason I just bloody love the hardcore version of 99 red baloons, it's class!

StrifeII CHEEZE OWNZ JOO!

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
atomicb both :D

The old stuff is what made me start dj'ing about 6 months ago.. then I heard the new stuff.. and I'll admit at first I HATED it and was really upset that it had messed up.

But thanks to the evo and next gen lables, and react for the latest bonkers I'm right up to speed and loving it.. so now I have my hardcore cheese athem set, and my nu skool uk hardcore mix, I love them both equally.

One important point - I personally think the nu skool is more publically accpetable to the average public which is why I'll be spinning my nu skool for upcoming party.

And if it goes well I'll chance my cheese set :D

djyogi i reckon that the new happy hardcore is better then ever.

"My only regret in life is that i wasn't a DJ" Draz
weba_d the hh elstak era hmmm yeah
new stuff feels really fresh and punchy
I always fall for the oldertunes

"what goes up must come down"...so keep popin!

WEBA D
ManixMC For me, It's the old stuff for memories of all the good times at Kinetic, and Vibealite. These days I am leaning toward any tunes that are absolute madness !!!! (Particularly the Genius that was, and still is SCOTT BROWN !!

I suppose I've got to say that no matter what era, Mr Brown, along with a couple of others, namely Mr Gordon Tennant, and his sibling Ms Gillian Tennant have always been my fave. (Christ, what's wrong with me - I normally don't spend so much time promoting Scotland !!!!!!!)

No matter what era, what DJ, what MC - I LOVE HAPPY HARDCORE

See You Later Hardcore Ravers

Manix

Oli G
quote:
CHEEZE OWNZ JOO!

yes... yes it does :)

Present Day ---> The Future is what i prefer, i dont like people who always say stuff can never be as good as it was, because for people getting into the scene now, THIS is the stuff hardcore is made of.. and the olderstuff is just past.... i still love olderstuff

but new schnit = better

CAM001 Out FEB2003
Distribution Through Nu Energy & Imo
www.camelrecords.co.uk

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

It took 1.53 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page