Radio listeners 165+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 EMINEM: Lose Yourself

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DJ-SK8 I quote "Lose yourself in the music the moment, you can't eva let it go HO, you'v only got one chance" and so on and so on.

Does any one els think that this song is probably directed at any one in any Underground Music scene from Hip Hop, to Jungle, to Hardcore, and that is an up and coming Dj/MC trying to make ends meet??

Personally i find this song to be vary uplifting, and engoureging at times, and it makes me wanna get out there and show the world of hardcore who i am, and what i can do
Vary inspiring

Elboze to tha back ov da knees OH Jeeze!!!!!

WoRd?!!
milo good track, i use it sometimes as an intro, the beat is about half the pace of hardcore, it's a pretty funky mix =)

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "
dj_stey_iz_ere good song i like eminem always av he's abit like 2pac in a way

is any1 else on the same level
CandyAss Yeah, that is a pretty good song...plus Eminem is pretty cool, though a little silly at times. I've always liked his raps.

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org
Baby_Angel mmmmmm eminem........

Roses are red, voilets are blue, im a schitzophrenic and so am i.....
mcjutt that video has made a big impact, ala last friday

get with my lyrics il make u sweat
im a bad boy mc youll never forget
the quickest mc u evr met
all my competion get set for a rough ride u cant even touch my vibe where all the raving crew tonight
Tyrant i've also thought of using that one as an intro, as it has the constant kickdrum in the background

http://www.dj-tyrant.com/Tyrant-Acid%20Overdose.mp3
chufty dont get me wrong, hardcore kicks serious butt, and is my fave, but i always hav liked eminem and lose urself is my fave eminem song. eminem is probably my second fave

how much is da fish??? heehee
DJ-SK8 Althoe eminem is good now, his first album is his best, and before that, when he was underground he was waayyy better, kicked everybodys ass!!!

Elboze to tha back ov da knees OH Jeeze!!!!!

WoRd?!!
E_Shock87 I have to agree with dj Sk8 on the last remark he made about eminem being better when he was more underground. I listened to eminem for a while when he first started coming out and was not very well known.
I know that eminem is a bit of a rebel and so he will verbally attack anyone he wishes, but it still kinda offended me when he said "nobody listen to techno", or somethin like that in one of his songs. After that he became more popular and his music changed a bit. It seems to me that he became a little meaner. And me, being the little HHC raver that i am, just couldnt take his music anymore. It was just like "Wheres the Love?" And so i stopped listening to him and my dedication and love for my music (HHC) grew even more!! Well thats just how it was with me.

GOTTA BE HAPPY!
GOTTA BE HARDCORE!
-PLUR-
MC_St I think Em rocks! Always have and always will. I dont know why I do, none of my friends like him and all think Im strange for liking the music. Oh wait, thats just what they think about me loving Happy Hardcore! So screw them cos they know nought!

I must say, I never realised that so many HH likers would like eminem. I am suprised. I wonder if there is some kind of connection between Hardcore and eminem? I guess we may never find out, but its a thought.

Just thought thast i would say that em quotes the techno thing in his song in Without Me third verse, where he says:

"You don't know me,
you're too old, let go,
its over, nobody listens to techno now lets go etc"

Just as a POI, which it probably isn't, but anyway.

$t

Peace and Love and Hardcore around the world!

Let me hear your whistles,
and see your arms up high.
Cos we’re the ****in’ future,
And our souls will never die.
tommo Yea.I love Eminem,tho his first album is the best and he has now kinda sold out a bit.But I still think hes one of the best rappers out there right now.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.
Dave Murray i like emimen, but the song that i totally hate is that, Im cleaning out my cuboard or some shit

(/Dance Mothe®Fu©ke® On 2Tu®ntables/)
tommo
quote:
Originally posted by Davz©ool:
Im cleaning out my cuboard or some shit

(/Dance Mothe®Fu©ke® On 2Tu®ntables/)

Yeah I know which one you mean "Cleanin out my closet".
Cleanin out my cuboard LOL.

DJ Affliction Lose yourself is a F***** mint tune!!!!!!

I listen to a wide variety of music Hardcore still rules supreme though

It reminded me of when i first started playin for people & how nervous/many mistakes i made,so that song hits home to me 7 reminds me of the good old days

DJ Affliction
madtady humm lose ya self good tarck MnM IS good like him alot but just like affection said hardcore rules tho

feel the brease listen to da cheese.............

MADDY THE ARTIST FORMALY KNOWN AS
MADNEX!
wicked wit the ravers!
Raver_Davie
quote:
I think Em rocks!

Yeah he does! He's so contravertial yet articulate. His song "Sing for the moment" is quite emotional.

Dave!
SINIZTA He's alright, I give him respect, but at tha same time, he's a big ****in sellout!

"Ain't nothing 2 **** wit"
Stevie c I love Em, he totally Elvis of the now,
He only said 'Nowone listen to techno' cos he was dissing Moby who deserved it. There's a hardcore sellout if i ever saw one, listen to GO! then 'We are stars' thingy total wuss out. Only listen to him on sunday's when mates put him on and i can't be arsed to get out of chair turn it off and start an arguement.
The only thing Em has to watch is dissing his mum, She sounds like a total rock cake but he should really be over it now. Or is it just a commercial ploy to disaffected youth? I really love the first album and like the second which let's face it is usually aflop, so he's not doing bad. Keeping up will be a problem but if he mantains these standards I will keep buying

Your into the sound of Rebellion
strychnine
quote:
Originally posted by SINIZTA:
He's alright, I give him respect, but at tha same time, he's a big ****in sellout!

Why? Because he's made a lot of money? Because he's walked away from the "underground" rap scene that everybody in that scene wishes that they can walk away from? Or maybe because he's not part of the "legitimate" hip-scene (that he was never a part of and so therefore could not have sold out)?

Dj_Twiggy could it be the fact that both eminem's music and hardcore both have very prominant beats that makes us like him

in my dreams, in my dreams, in my dreams we will be together forever, flying higher.....
CandyAss
quote:
Originally posted by Dj_Twiggy:
could it be the fact that both eminem's music and hardcore both have very prominant beats that makes us like him

Nah, I like him because I think his flows are creative and entertaining. The beats are alright, but when it comes to that kind of hip hop the focus is mostly on the lyrics for me.

Respect to Eminem, a truly class MC.

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org
strychnine ^^ I think with all the broo-ha-ha over Eminem only becoming the highest-grossing rap artist because he's white or whatever, and all the controversy over the confrontational appoach in his songs, it's easy to forget that he's also a very talented writer AND vocalist - yes, it does take vocal talent to add life to a rap lyric, something Snoop Doggy Dogg wouldn't know about.

Originally posted by strychnine:
yes, it does take vocal talent to add life to a rap lyric, something Snoop Doggy Dogg wouldn't know about.

You what.....errr okay......I dunno what you mean at all, But I prefer Snoop over Eminem any-day of the week. For starters he doesn't have a voice like a 4 year girl. I'll admit Emeinem has talent but, I personally think he's loopy!!!! If I ever said a hint of the stuff he says about his family (especially his mum) I would wonder what I'd become!!!!!!

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!
tommo I actually quite like Snoop,he's been around for ages and he has made some
classic songs.Though,Eminem is extremely talented,I don't think you can compare the two.They both rap in a different way.

strychnine Don't get me wrong, I actually like Snoop's work (Doggystyle remains one of my favourite albums of all time) but his voice just isn't interesting, and needs a lot of help in the way of quality production and "guest" rappers to prevent it from droning on. Compare that to artists like Dre, Cube, and yes, Eminem, who all have the voices to carry an entire album by themselves.

-Miss Behaviour
Simon
quote:
Originally posted by strychnine:
but his voice just isn't interesting, and needs a lot of help in the way of quality production and "guest" rappers to prevent it from droning on. Compare that to artists like Dre, Cube, and yes, Eminem, who all have the voices to carry an entire album by themselves.

Well there's another difference between us then.....I think Snoop's voice is good it does have a slight drone to it...but it's a good drone. I personally can't stand Eminems Voice like I said earlier it sounds to me like a 4 year girl and get's on my nerves after about 30seconds of a song. It's just personal taste then really isn't it Buddy .

strychnine I know I'm not gonna sway you at all (taste being taste, after all) but just to illustrate my point have a listen to Tha Doggfather and compare it to Doggystyle. The later album, with much fewer guest rappers and with DJ Pooh doing most of the production instead of Dr Dre, just doesn't carry as well as the older one, and I think Snoop's relative lack of vocal talent is to blame.

There is talent within Eminem,
My problem with Eminem apart from his annoying voice....lies in the fact that I don't like him as a person and the image he gives off is "Shoody" at least.
I would put Eminem higher up on my looney list than Michael Jackson!!!!!!

strychnine
quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
My problem with Eminem apart from his annoying voice....lies in the fact that I don't like him as a person and the image he gives off is "Shoody" at least.

Say what you want about it, that image sells. Besides, I've seen a lot worse - anyone ever listen to ICP's work? Now that was some hectic shit ...

how could he call moby "techno"?

It took 1.66 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page