Radio listeners 154+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 How does online collaboration work?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Elliott I've been wondering about this for a while now because I'd like to find someone to do a collab with at some point (it's not the point of this topic at all but I use FL if anyone's interested).

How does collaborating with people over the internet usually work? How do you personally do it?

Do you generally work in tandem communicating via IM or whatever or is it more "you add a bit, I add a bit, this is either gonna turn out great or mercilessly shit" -- or something in the middle?

Cheers for any insight!
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:

Do you generally work in tandem communicating via IM or whatever or is it more "you add a bit, I add a bit, this is either gonna turn out great or mercilessly shit" -- or something in the middle?

Pretty much. I've not collabed in over a year now, but whenever I did, I used to just grab the project by the horns and do it all xD I was a terrible partner :P
Dys7 I've done my fair share of them, and they actually work out pretty well.
You generally just add whatever you feel like, and mess around with what the other person just did. Its sort of a pass off where you both keep ****ing with it until you reach a happy compromise :)
Quicksilver When I and Anthony did Ocean Breeze we'd pass the ball, sorta. We took turns, and zipped the project and sent it when the sessions were over. Sometimes he'd also livestream and we'd work on it live.
Elliott Okay, thanks, guys.

If you're passing it back and forth like that, how does it generally start? Surely you need some kind of shared vision and idea of where the track is going?
maddkid53 Oh hey, I just posted a topic about wanting to collab with someone. Then I saw this post.

I also use FL, and would love to collab on a track. I'll shoot you a message!
Karthy Never done it myself for that one reason! It seems like it could be very disastrous, too many things could go wrong. You'd also both need all the same VST's, which can limit either person. I do like the livestreaming idea, possibly have a guy with great ideas watch the stream, giving his ideas and the better engineer streaming it to do the technical parts, definately makes sense!

It took 0.39 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page