Total online 1668
 Radio listeners 177+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Beethoven - Fur Elise, such a haunting tune!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Smoogie Heard this the other day, takes part of a classic Beethoven tune but with a small Awesome 3 sample (You will know it when you hear it) and part of it, for some reason reminds me of some of Hixxy's early 2000s tunes
Lilley The part that sounded like fur elise was horrible. The part that wasn't sounded pretty good.
Hard2Get I agree, but i don't like the original anyway. The topic title suggests that you are referring to the original but in fact it is a remix. Either way by far the best remix I've heard using that melody.
Triquatra not a fan myself, much like I'm not a fan of Grieg's Morning mood from Pier Gynt, the rest of the symphony is one of my favourites (Death of Ase is fantastic), but I've always hated morning mood with a passion, killed to death by overplaying in everything.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
not a fan myself, much like I'm not a fan of Grieg's Morning mood from Pier Gynt, the rest of the symphony is one of my favourites (Death of Ase is fantastic), but I've always hated morning mood with a passion, killed to death by overplaying in everything.

Yeah i can't stand it. Mostly for the reason you mentioned. There is a lot of classical music like that and i dislike most of it. I don't appreciate it musically anyway (the pieces i refer to) but it just has so many bad associations anyway.
Samination I prefer Bach's Toccata and Fuga/Fugue myself, mostly because it sounds like something pulled out of a Castlevania game

I had this track misslabeled as a Castlevania remix back in the Napster days.

And for those who used to have an Nokia phone, the ringtone Fuga was taken from this melody
Hard2Get http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KpP0Wl9d1s

This is the best remix of any classical peice imo.
Ionosphere Moonlight Sonata?

If you paid attention Smoogs you'd have heard this -

the best track on the album.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
Moonlight Sonata?

ugh. trying to download that from Rapidshare in WAV format is mental... I aint creating an account for using rapeshait only once, only to be able to download faster :P
Hard2Get It's on youtube lol, right there in the link.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
It's on youtube lol, right there in the link.

which leads to jay's website, and then leads to rapidshare. What else is there? =P
Hard2Get The youtube vid. You don't have to follow any other links lol.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:

Damn that's old. I don't think I've heard that in over 10 years. I remember getting it off na**ter when it was free.
whispering Katsuhiko Jinnai's remix of the Noir OST 'Canta per me' is great:

quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
And for those who used to have an Nokia phone, the ringtone Fuga was taken from this melody

Yeah, had it on the "banana" (8110). Years after i lost the phone started to search the track, which took also years (only a faint melody in my head and all..).

quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
Heard this the other day, takes part of a classic Beethoven tune but with a small Awesome 3 sample (You will know it when you hear it) and part of it, for some reason reminds me of some of Hixxy's early 2000s tunes

Thought the Circuit version would have been more your style (repetitive and boring):

Samination
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:

quote:

Yeah, had it on the "banana" (8110). Years after i lost the phone started to search the track, which took also years (only a faint melody in my head and all..).

I wasnt better off. I always thought it was Fur elise, until I heard the real fur elise. I had heard it before, but never knew it's name. Offtopic, but I mostly remember Fur Elise from an old Cartoon movie/anime about a young orphened girl in the 1900's century who gets stuck in a Girls only school and finds out her father still lives in India. :P
whispering
quote:
Offtopic, but I mostly remember Fur Elise from an old Cartoon movie/anime about a young orphened girl in the 1900's century who gets stuck in a Girls only school and finds out her father still lives in India. :P

A Finnish pharmaceutical company Orion used it in the ibuprofen commerical (branded Burana). So when i was young most people called it the Burana song.
Lilley
quote:
Moonlight Sonata?

I liked it, but I could not recognise any moonlight sonata.
Audio Warfare
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
quote:
Moonlight Sonata?

I liked it, but I could not recognise any moonlight sonata.

Glad you like it man. The piano is from the beginning of Moonlight Sonata but I've had to fiddle around with it and change the time signature. :)

Cheers for the plug here BTW Iono, much appreciated. ;)
Lilley Yeh I hear it now. Not sure what to think, part of me is annoyed. Still a good track though.
Samination why are some tracks MP3 (not talking about the mix) in the WAV package?
Audio Warfare
quote:
Yeh I hear it now. Not sure what to think, part of me is annoyed. Still a good track though.

No need to be annoyed, I simply butchered some of our species greatest musical heritage with a Hardcore remix. ;)
Ionosphere
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:

No need to be annoyed, I simply butchered some of our species greatest musical heritage with a Hardcore remix. ;)

Haha, believe me mate, that ain't butchery.

It's one of the first classical pieces I was given to learn by my piano teacher when I was about 9 or 10 years old.

The various Iono-versions we've toyed with over the years have been true butchery. ;)

I'm glad that someone's done it so tastefully.
Lilley
quote:
quote:
Yeh I hear it now. Not sure what to think, part of me is annoyed. Still a good track though.

:P
Elliott It makes me happy when people refer to classical compositions as "tunes" :D
Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
It makes me happy when people refer to classical compositions as "tunes" :D

What are are classical compositions? The tunes from hundreds of years ago!
Lilley
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
quote:

What are are classical compositions?

Pieces.
Warnman
quote:
quote:
quote:

What are are classical compositions?

Pieces.

I really can listening to classical compositions and realise their beautiness, but they sound so old-fashioned to me! I totally understand, why people really liked this kind of music, during the time it was produced. I'd probably liked it as well if I lived during these days. But we're living in a different world now and have other technical possibilities. I'd really like to know what kind of music Mozart and all the other guys would produce today. I guess they'd either gain for Metal or electronical music.
Lilley
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:]I'd really like to know what kind of music Mozart and all the other guys would produce today. I guess they'd either gain for Metal or electronical music.

Definitely not. Maybe Jazz, maybe prog, but they've had their day. These blokes invented music from the ground up. Our music hasn't really changed since the Classical era and we only have what we have today because these guys did it. If they produced music with todays instruments, they would make the same type of music, just with different tools. They wouldn't let themselves be regimented by our constructs of what music should be.
Warnman
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:]I'd really like to know what kind of music Mozart and all the other guys would produce today. I guess they'd either gain for Metal or electronical music.

Definitely not. Maybe Jazz, maybe prog, but they've had their day. These blokes invented music from the ground up. Our music hasn't really changed since the Classical era and we only have what we have today because these guys did it. If they produced music with todays instruments, they would make the same type of music, just with different tools. They wouldn't let themselves be regimented by our constructs of what music should be.

You might be correct, but the evidence will be totally unknown. Yeah, Jazz might have become a modern genre for them for them as well, but regarding today's technical possibilities: I think differently!
Lilley
quote:
but regarding today's technical possibilities: I think differently!

What you seem to misunderstand is the constituents of modern music versus as opposed to the "classical" (baroque, classical, romantic) beginnings. I'm not talking about guitars and synthesizers; but rather the structure, time signature, key, etc. The reason why I mentioned Jazz and prog is these are the only styles of music that really experimented with music after the "classical" reign. Arguably, jazz isn't all that different from classical music in it's style, it's easily the most technically complex music of the last century (other than some neo-classical).

A few years ago now, I posted a thread asking if someone would try and produce a track with a 3/4 time signature. It was astounding, just how many people, some of them producing music, had no idea what I meant by a 3/4 time signature, nor could some understand when I explained it too them. Without a basic comprehension of how music is built, supposing what the original inventors of music may do with music in todays instruments is futile in the extreme.
Audio Warfare
quote:
quote:
but regarding today's technical possibilities: I think differently!

What you seem to misunderstand is the constituents of modern music versus as opposed to the "classical" (baroque, classical, romantic) beginnings. I'm not talking about guitars and synthesizers; but rather the structure, time signature, key, etc. The reason why I mentioned Jazz and prog is these are the only styles of music that really experimented with music after the "classical" reign. Arguably, jazz isn't all that different from classical music in it's style, it's easily the most technically complex music of the last century (other than some neo-classical).

A few years ago now, I posted a thread asking if someone would try and produce a track with a 3/4 time signature. It was astounding, just how many people, some of them producing music, had no idea what I meant by a 3/4 time signature, nor could some understand when I explained it too them. Without a basic comprehension of how music is built, supposing what the original inventors of music may do with music in todays instruments is futile in the extreme.

Have you heard of Dead Can Dance Lilley? Pretty sure they would right up your street. Did someone do a track with the 3/4 time sig'? I might give it a bash for fun. Will certainly confuse most who listen to it and get loads of comments about it being made wrong no doubt haha.
Lilley
quote:
Have you heard of Dead Can Dance Lilley? Pretty sure they would right up your street. Did someone do a track with the 3/4 time sig'? I might give it a bash for fun. Will certainly confuse most who listen to it and get loads of comments about it being made wrong no doubt haha.

I never have, I'm hearing of them as I type. It's a good start.

Please give a 3/4 track a go, would be hilarious to listen to. The closest I've heard is one track by Alpha Twins, Unleashed, I think. At one point they put 12 beats in a bar. Sounded really cool.

It took 1.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page