Radio listeners 156+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 I LOVE HARD BEATS (February 2014)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Elipton https://www.facebook.com/events/727636757264653/?fref=ts

I've put some money aside for ILHB: 2nd Bday on 28 February 2014. Would be great to meet some people on here I already haven't. Anyone planning to go? It's going to be off the hook!
_Jay_
No way in hell I'm missing this. As Olly says, it's going to be off the fcuking hook!!
Hard2Get Fackin ell. 173 people added themselves already! ' bringing you the best in freeform, hardcore, hard dance, drum and bass, psy-trance, techno and more; - That's a selection i like the sound of.
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Fackin ell. 173 people added themselves already! ' bringing you the best in freeform, hardcore, hard dance, drum and bass, psy-trance, techno and more; - That's a selection i like the sound of.

Thinking of going? Would be good to finally meet my adversary of 5-odd years ;)
Maggers Hoping I win the lottery and can make it.
Audio Warfare Will more than likely be there. :)
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:
Fackin ell. 173 people added themselves already! ' bringing you the best in freeform, hardcore, hard dance, drum and bass, psy-trance, techno and more; - That's a selection i like the sound of.

Thinking of going? Would be good to finally meet my adversary of 5-odd years ;)

Yeah. Pretty hard to beat a list of genres like that. Depends on what exactly will be there music wise though. I really want to go to a rave with Techno and that kind of thing but i don't know anyone that would ever go to such things so it's great that all these things will be in one place.
Simon Went to the last 3, it seems to be my regular now, so I'll be there for sure
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
Went to the last 3, it seems to be my regular now, so I'll be there for sure

You were at Sound As A Pound?
Have we met?
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:Yeah. Pretty hard to beat a list of genres like that. Depends on what exactly will be there music wise though. I really want to go to a rave with Techno and that kind of thing but i don't know anyone that would ever go to such things so it's great that all these things will be in one place.

You've also got to hear some of A.B's tracks live, and loud. Fcuking monstrous.
Darts All over this!
Simon
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
Went to the last 3, it seems to be my regular now, so I'll be there for sure

You were at Sound As A Pound?
Have we met?

Mate, you spent most of the night telling me how everyone hates you and that you'd just recently changed your artist name, personally I found your company rather acceptable
djDMS
Hard2Get LOL. Great memory he has. Or maybe he was never conscious that it ever happened to begin with?
Warnman I think about joining this one as well, but if everything works well, I'll relocate in December/January. It depends on how much money I have to spend for furnitures and how holiday plans are at my workplace.
Hard2Get Where are you relocating to?
Samination oh? maybe it's worth going to this one aswell :D

some people have already asked me to come. Maybe I can pay back for the few beers I owe (no I wont have you saying no this time Dave!)
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
oh? maybe it's worth going to this one aswell :D

some people have already asked me to come. Maybe I can pay back for the few beers I owe (no I wont have you saying no this time Dave!)

Can't keep yourself away can you? It's ok. None of us can fight Jay's allure.
Warnman
quote:
Where are you relocating to?

I'm planing to move from Wiesbaden to Frankfurt which is much closer to my workplace. The clubs I checked out over there are in a even more devastating state to my opinion than my current favorite one I used to go to in in my hometown Wiesbaden, but a few have a true potential.
I really can't believe that once Frankfurt was the German capital of rave nearly two decades ago.
_Jay_
quote:
Can't keep yourself away can you? It's ok. None of us can fight Jay's allure.

Such a flirt.
Hard2Get Looking forward to seeing what the line-up is.

Lol i just saw: '3 rooms of savage, throbbing crescendo's of ecstacy'. That's totally something Jay would say.
_Jay_

It's also the lyrics to this absolute classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTXjk5RRKN8

But yeah, definitely language that appeals to me! Fcuking phenomenal thing to have on a flyer! :-)

Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

It's also the lyrics to this absolute classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTXjk5RRKN8

But yeah, definitely language that appeals to me! Fcuking phenomenal thing to have on a flyer! :-)

Definitely this one should be called a f**kin' choon! Eargasms since the very first day I listened to this track.
smythy-endemic News just in!

I Love Hard Beats - 2nd Birthday will be held here! Moist...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o81skiSC1yY

Full line up released Monday! ;)
_Jay_

Line-up has been announced. Tickets on sale.

https://www.facebook.com/events/727636757264653/747018818659780/?notif_t=like

Can we get everyone that's rave-active from the Forums to make it to this, please? Such, such, such good raves.

Thumpa
Ken Masters I will not be missing this, my birthday rave too! :)
_Jay_

Yes Ken! We could finally meet?!
Samination Can't remember if I ever met Ken :S

I know I've met Triq, DMS and Audio Warfare (I believe all 3 where at Last Jam Standing)
_Jay_
And Phobz, and me, and Warnman, and Matt, and Underloop.

Ken Masters I haven't met any of you crazy fools yet. Living in Scotland always made it hard to get to these sort of events but living in Devon now takes the edge off :)

have any of you guys looked into hotels yet? Me & my mrs are trying to find something that's relatively close to the event & reasonably priced. I'm lost when it comes to London!
Maggers I am seriously envious of anyone who doesn't need to take a cross-atlantic flight to attend this event! I would organize a caravan and drive however far away it is if that lineup happened at an event over here
Elipton I've met Jay (obv), and I might have met Simon... I was at the same event as him in the Summer lol (but I cant remember!). I've yet to meet the rest of you losers! Damnit I've been on this forum for 5 years and I've only met a handful of you! Be more Freeform!!!
Ken Masters
quote:
Damnit I've been on this forum for 5 years and I've only met a handful of you! Be more Freeform!!!

I'm in the same boat man, been on here around 5 years also & met no-one! Shameful.

Getting my life set up down here has taken priority but well settled now, roll on feb!
Audio Warfare Line-up looks wicked, can't wait for this now. 8) Be good to see everyone again and some people I've not met yet!

Ken - Just look at Travelodge etc. It will probably work out much cheaper if you get the train out of London a bit though if you want to save some cash.
_Jay_
Gaz is right. You'll be looking at hundred quid a night for even a Travelodge or Premier Inn near the venue (or anywhere in London at all, actually).

There's plenty of independent, slightly cheaper hotels in the King's Cross area - but they can be extremely hit and miss, to say the least. I've stayed in some before sixty quid(ish), and they were not pleasant. At all. Could be worth looking into, though - just make sure that if you do go for that, pick one with seriously good (and legitimate-looking) customer feedback.
Hard2Get Not sure why places like Travelodge are always recommended. They aren't cheap. Not criticising Audio Warefare's suggestion. Just an observation.
latininxtc There's a London City Hotel that's walking distance from the venue.
Audio Warfare
quote:
Not sure why places like Travelodge are always recommended. They aren't cheap. Not criticising Audio Warefare's suggestion. Just an observation.

They're cheap around here. You can get a room for the night at like ?50 and sometimes even ?20 - ?30 if it's a quiet period. I've never seen anywhere cheaper for a single night stay. Maybe not the best option for longer stays though. I'll quite happily put my head down in a hostel tbh but it's not the most romantic place for Ken to take his mrs. :P
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
I'll quite happily put my head down in a hostel tbh but it's not the most romantic place for Ken to take his mrs. :P

It could be if everyone participates...
djDMS I've put my head down in a few strange places on nights out....
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I've put my head down in a few strange places on nights out....

as long as it's not in my lap, you shouldn't have any problems
_Jay_
quote:
quote:
Not sure why places like Travelodge are always recommended. They aren't cheap. Not criticising Audio Warefare's suggestion. Just an observation.

They're cheap around here. You can get a room for the night at like ?50 and sometimes even ?20 - ?30 if it's a quiet period. I've never seen anywhere cheaper for a single night stay. Maybe not the best option for longer stays though. I'll quite happily put my head down in a hostel tbh but it's not the most romantic place for Ken to take his mrs. :P

Yeah, I've even booked one in Leeds for nineteen quid before.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
I'll quite happily put my head down in a hostel tbh but it's not the most romantic place for Ken to take his mrs. :P

It could be if everyone participates...

The only romance we'll be having will be helping each other to the toilet to spew!

we'll get something sorted, wouldn't mind making a weekend of it.
smythy-endemic Good to see a good few people hyped about this =) Tis going to be seriously good =)
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:

I went to this hostel in the Peak District the the day (Castleton), not to stay though. Anyway it was at least as good as any hotel I've been in and like a mansion in some bits lol. Very interesting building. Only a tenner on Sundays too. Not an average hostel of course but i thought it was interesting.
_Jay_

Soooooo, Hard Beats is only 'round the corner now girls. Who's coming?

I AM.

Audio Warfare Definitely man. Tickets booked. Think there is about 10 of us heading up for it.
Warnman I'm not! I haven't arranged anything yet and I finally came to the conclusion that my search for a new flat is much more important! Also my work is currently tearing me apart and leaves absolutely no empty space for my plannings.
Enjoy this rave! I'm raving with you in your imagination.
skarr I will be there !
Hard2Get I can only go to one of 2 raves now, so; Bust An Old Jam it is.
_Jay_
That's a shame man! Bust An Old Jam will be sweet, but it would have been nice to catch-up before!

_Jay_

One week today! Excitement's building.

So excited, in fact - I've booked a half day next Friday so I can get home early aaaannndd.......

....get a lovely pre-rave haircut.

#OhEmGee #Filth

Hard2Get Can't beat a good pre-rave haircut! Or shave in my case.
_Jay_

Four more sleeps. MEGAPUMPED.

Samination ok.. I'm considering booking flight for this today :P
_Jay_

For anyone that's attending, the venue has been changed:

**VENUE CHANGE!!** ** VENUE CHANGE ** **VENUE CHANGE**

Due to circumstances out of our control ILHB will now be taking place at AREA.

PLEASE share this status and tell your friends. Apologies for any inconvenience, this is beyond our control and we have had to make personal sacrifices to make sure this party still happens!?

ADDRESS: AREA, 67 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP
Hard2Get How do you feel about this change? Better or worse venue?
_Jay_

I think I may have been to Area once before. I haven't been to The Sidings.

No biggie for me. Slightly shittier journey, but honestly not a problem. :-)

Audio Warfare Ho shit! What a ****ing banging night. Not feeling the freshest this morning. May have to get on the rum to take the edge off, :D Good to see everyone, was such a belter.
_Jay_
Unbelievable night!! I only have about fifteen minutes worth of memory of it, though.

Audio Warfare
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

Unbelievable night!! I only have about fifteen minutes worth of memory of it, though.

Think I done better and managed about 4 hours haha. Certainly a few gaps. Didn't even throw up at the party or in Hollie's car this time though so I'd consider it a roaring success for team Warfare.
Thumpa Cheers for the sambuca Jay whilst I was on the decks, told you I'd play Latika! I snuck in Prince Of Darkness too, really enjoyed that set!
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
Cheers for the sambuca Jay whilst I was on the decks, told you I'd play Latika! I snuck in Prince Of Darkness too, really enjoyed that set!

You're welcome man! And thanks so much for playing it. It's such a fcuking outrageous track! It's one of the few things I remember from the night. That, and either Greg or Jay played Iliad which I coulnd't believe! I've asked you to play it before, funnily enough. Massive tune.

It took 3.06 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page