Radio listeners 166+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 New Track!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Brooky90 Hi all, i've just finished a new track i been working on, its a UK Hardcore remix of DJ Fresh - Hot Right Now, can someone please tell me what they think, give some feedback or whatever, im trying to learn and i really need people to help me lol thanks guys.

https://soundcloud.com/brookyofficial

(And if anyone wants to know i use Cubase 5)
DJ_FunDaBounce Arrangement is alright and I like the dnb bit that winds down and kicks into uk hardcore mode, too. Overall, the track feels like it just needs some more "flesh". Maybe add some rizers/sweeps to build up/drop? And perhaps a little more variation with the percussion so it doesn't feel so flat all the way through.

Better use of vocals this time around

...and I also use Cubase 5.

:)
AceofSpades_Lorenzo my advice

add a sine wave layer to the bass. it's lacking low end
Brooky90 Wow thanks guys, i know what you mean though about the percussion, just not sure how to put more variety into it, every track i do i always seem 2 just make a basic loop of 4/4 kick, the same hi-hat and 9 times out of 10 the same snare, its almost like a habit that i do now lol, not really sure what to do to make it different :/
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by Brooky90:
Wow thanks guys, i know what you mean though about the percussion, just not sure how to put more variety into it, every track i do i always seem 2 just make a basic loop of 4/4 kick, the same hi-hat and 9 times out of 10 the same snare, its almost like a habit that i do now lol, not really sure what to do to make it different :/

I noticed you used snare fills in some parts. I suggest doing the opposite: try muting notes in the sequencer. Like, for example, the last kick in a 16 bar sequence. This gives it some tension/release, as well.

It took 0.53 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page