Radio listeners 180+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 2013 HappyHardcore.com Awards

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
latininxtc The 2013 HappyHardcore.com Awards are here!

Here are the categories being contested at this year's awards.

Best UK Hardcore Producer
Best UK Hardcore DJ
UK Hardcore Track Of The Year
Best Freeform Producer
Best Freeform DJ
Freeform Track Of The Year
Best Gabber DJ
Best Gabber Producer
Gabber Track Of The Year
Best Podcast/radio show
Best MC
Best Label
Best Album
Event Of The Year
Lifetime Achievement

Best HHC.COM Topic Of The Year
Worst HHC.COM Topic Of The Year
Most Favorite HHC.COM Member
Least Favorite HHC.COM Member
Most Helpful HHC.COM Member
Best HHC.COM Member-Created Track
Best HHC.COM Member-Created Mix
HHC.COM Quote Of The Year

This is an award highlighting the work that has been done by djs, producers, MCs, hhc.com members, etc. within the beginning of this year until December 10th. The notable exceptions will be for the Track Of The Year category for UK Hardcore, Freeform, and Gabber. Due to the nature of the scene, your votes for these tracks do not have to have an official release this year, but they do have to have the majority of their popularity come from the current year. For example, Nostalgia hasn't been released yet and Never Forget You was released this year, and were played a lot this year. However, the success of these tracks came in 2012 so it makes them ineligible. The other exception of course is the Lifetime Achievement Award, since that award spans the contribution of an individual in the hardcore scene since its creation.

ALSO!!! Similar to the HH Awards, I will allow for dual producers and DJs to count as one of your votes if they are a pair who constantly work with each other. For instance, Brisk & Ham and Stylus & Audiojunkie worked with each other on production and DJed together at live events, so they would count if they were all still around and collaborating with each other. You are welcome to vote for one of them if you truly feel their work alone exceeds what they work on with someone else.

Your votes will be taken between now until Monday the 30th at 6AM (which is US central time midnight for me). Please Private Message only me for your votes. You will only be allowed to private message me your votes one time, so any additional votes you private message me will be null and void.

You will be allowed to make 2 votes for each of the category, if you wish. Please rank your votes by #1 and #2. If you do not want to make 2 votes in the category, or any votes at all, you are not obligated to do so, but keep in mind that you cannot go back and change or add votes later on after turning your votes in.

Also, please no colorful comments and be specific in your answers!!!
All I need is the name (or member names) of your nominations, and no need to give us a reason as to why you voted that way.

Any comments, questions, and concerns Private Message either DMS or DJKenMasters as I might be swamped with vote counting. Or if you already follow me on facebook, you may send me a message to me on there.

HAPPY VOTING!!!

SPECIAL THANKS TO THOSE WHO HAVE VOTED ALREADY:
AceOfSpades Lorenzo
Cyrax
DJBoydy
Ellipton
Ken Masters
The drunken scotsman
Ken Masters Nice one on taking charge & making this happen man :)

now...who/what to vote for...hmmm
AceofSpades_Lorenzo voted!
The drunken scotsman Deeeecent! Will pm you my votes whenever I get a chance. Good on you for doing this mate!

latininxtc Now to figure out the best way to tally all the votes... lol

Was thinking of doing a spreadsheet, but that seems rather tedious. MS word it is!
Ken Masters done & dusted!
djDMS Don't know why but Stevo vetoed my suggestion of a 'grumpiest member' category....

;-)
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Don't know why but Stevo vetoed my suggestion of a 'grumpiest member' category....

;-)

there's always " Least Favorite HHC.COM Member " :P
latininxtc
quote:
Don't know why but Stevo vetoed my suggestion of a 'grumpiest member' category....

;-)

I can't veto something that was never suggested!

besides you almost didn't want some of the categories for fear of people getting their feelings hurt. Sorry if your vagina is sensitive to negativity Dean! ;)
_Jay_
Crumbs. This is going to take a while! Will try get votes sorted tonight.

quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Sorry if your vagina is sensitive to negativity Dean! ;)

Ha ha!
djDMS Bitch!
Elipton I'm going to jump in and predict this one before it surprises me.

I call dibs on this: Least Favorite HHC.COM Member
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
I'm going to jump in and predict this one before it surprises me.

Oi, don't forget me or Smoogie
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
I'm going to jump in and predict this one before it surprises me.

Oi, don't forget me or Smoogie

Poor Smoogie D:
latininxtc Want to give thanks to:

AceOfSpades Lorenzo
Ellipton
Ken Masters

So far they're the early votes! Plenty of time to make your decision folks!
Ken Masters Get involved people, the more the merrier as they say.
Cyrax No Colorful comments lol
djDMS Doing my votes today.

Fingers crossed for a Kutski landslide!
latininxtc
quote:
Doing my votes today.

Fingers crossed for a Kutski landslide!

Fair good chance of that happening! ;)
Ken Masters If you ain't voted yet then pull your finger out! : P
The drunken scotsman Just pm'd my votes to latinxtc
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Just pm'd my votes to latinxtc

Oh good to hear! so far we have a total 5 voters!!! By this rate we'll have a total of 10 for the whole awards woohoo!

Seriously you cunts get off your lazy asses and vote!!! Come last week, I'll be pulling a Klubfiller and Thumpa and spam the hell out of this forum AND personally PM you on here AND on FB until I receive votes! Let the slut-shaming begin!
Ken Masters 5!?

that's poor people, it takes a whole 2mins to get those votes in, get involved!
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
5!?

that's poor people, it takes a whole 2mins to get those votes in, get involved!

That's not poor, it's pretty pathetic. I haven't received anyone's votes since Saturday.
Dys7
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
No Colorful comments lol

The drunken scotsman Who's voted so far? Just so we can shame everyone who hasn't :-D
djDMS To be fair though, they can take a while to do properly.

I meant to send mine days ago - gone back and changed them 3 times!
Simon
quote:
I meant to send mine days ago - gone back and changed them 3 times!

To be fair, I've not voted yet either, it is, after all a rather busy time of the year with plenty of travelling to undertake.

wong
quote:
Who's voted so far? Just so we can shame everyone who hasn't :-D

I haven't . Shame me
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:
Who's voted so far? Just so we can shame everyone who hasn't :-D

I haven't . Shame me

Ok, shame on you ya lazy bastard. Get that vote done or forever live with the shame of being ****ing useless **** who couldn't be arsed voting.
Cyrax voted !
Audio Warfare I would vote but I'm struggling to answer any of them. I just don't really have favourite anythings. There is always just a whole wedge of things that I can never chose from. I can probably give you best album and best event at best.

I guess that's the problem with having no short list. It's much harder to think of something and the results you do get will have a massive spread I imagine.
Simon
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
I would vote but I'm struggling to answer any of them. I just don't really have favourite anythings. There is always just a whole wedge of things that I can never chose from. I can probably give you best album and best event at best.

I guess that's the problem with having no short list. It's much harder to think of something and the results you do get will have a massive spread I imagine.

Couldn't agree more with this post, a shortlist would be the way forward to getting people to vote.

djDMS If there were enough votes then a shortlist would have been possible!
_Jay_

Will get my votes in over the weekend. Been insanely busy at work and not at home in the evenings much.

latininxtc
quote:
If there were enough votes then a shortlist would have been possible!

This. With barely any participation at all, how are we going to have enough people to generate a short list?

And also, it would have been unfair to everyone if Dean, Ken and I all decided upon ourselves who would be in this short list for y'all to vote on.

AND even if we had a first round of nominations voting before the actual final voting took place, would you not have the exact same problem Gary? I mean you're still choosing just one or 2 nominations of who you think has been the best of the year, so you would still endure that same struggle.

Like mentioned, you have a choice of up to 2 for each category, and you can rank them as well.

And yes I will gather a list of who hasn't voted and should be voting by Christmas time! I expect full participation from the rest of the non-voters after Christmas!
Audio Warfare
quote:
quote:
If there were enough votes then a shortlist would have been possible!

This. With barely any participation at all, how are we going to have enough people to generate a short list?

And also, it would have been unfair to everyone if Dean, Ken and I all decided upon ourselves who would be in this short list for y'all to vote on.

AND even if we had a first round of nominations voting before the actual final voting took place, would you not have the exact same problem Gary? I mean you're still choosing just one or 2 nominations of who you think has been the best of the year, so you would still endure that same struggle.

Like mentioned, you have a choice of up to 2 for each category, and you can rank them as well.

And yes I will gather a list of who hasn't voted and should be voting by Christmas time! I expect full participation from the rest of the non-voters after Christmas!

Yes I can see the dilemma I guess. I wouldn't have quite the same problem when it came to a second round though. It's easier to mull over 10 tracks or so that a whole year of tracks as it's a staggering amount these days. I would just be putting in the first thing that came into my head atm so it would be my favourite track from the last album I listened to rather than track of the year.

I guess I can put something together if I have a think... My votes may change in a second round though when someone else reminds me of a track I forgot. ;) There will certainly be some N/A's in my list though I'm afraid.

Oh and I'm not just trying to be difficult by the way haha. Just chucking out an honest opinion as to why I hadn't already voted on anything.
Audio Warfare OK, votes in!
Ken Masters No its a fair point Gary, I put forward the idea of sticking to one round as we might have gathered a load of attention in the first stage but might not have had the same level of attention when it came to voting again.

looking at things now & depending on the level of votes come deadline, it might be best to have a second round after all with some nominations to make voting easier.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:

looking at things now & depending on the level of votes come deadline, it might be best to have a second round after all with some nominations to make voting easier.

Yea I was thinking the same thing too, but let's do that for next year. Not worth the trouble to retweaking an awards that has already started. If I'm still around here next year and have the time I would definitely ask ppl to nominate probably up to 3 for each category unranked, and do the final tally for top 5 for final round.

But yes I initially wanted a voting setup like the HH Awards, except you 2 bitches thought that would be too much trouble. 7 votes in right now, I think I could've handled a 2-round system with no problem.
Vladel we should have had an open thread where we could see other peoples opinions
Ionosphere
quote:

Your votes will be taken between now until Monday the 30th at 6AM

....woops, only just noticed this.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
quote:

Your votes will be taken between now until Monday the 30th at 6AM

....woops, only just noticed this.

You can still vote if you want. I kind of lost interest in this lol not enough people are voting or care about it it seems, whereas the unhardcore awards has had more responses than this.
Vladel An open discussion thread would have generated far more interest and opinions
Ionosphere done!

Elipton Im hoping to at least challenge some of these categories. I managed to blag a 2011 award so a 2013 award would be nice after what I perceived as such as a good year :)
latininxtc Well I'm not going to tell you if you're "winning" or not, but I will say that there are only 3 people nominated in the category with only 6 people out of 8 people who voted in that category.

Seriously I think I'm bored with this project I might not even bother releasing any final results lol. Ionosphere said it best that people don't like to come on here and reply/participate in anything unless it's an opportunity to bitch.
Elipton Will this ever be finished?
latininxtc No
Elipton Nawh
latininxtc Nein
Samination Nej
djDMS Negatory

It took 2.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page