Radio listeners 182+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Events: UK & Ireland
 Stomp! "Happy 2 B Hardcore!"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Darts Event name: Stomp! "Happy 2 B Hardcore!"
Starts: April 18th, 2014
City/Region: England

Event Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1426374790932202

Hold tight, crew! "Stomp!" is back for 2014 and we're "Happy 2 B Hardcore!" bringing you one of our most varied and exciting lineups yet - with a wicked oldskool rave theme! Whistle crew, horns crew, get
ready for...

*** VINYLGROOVER & MC WHIZZKID *** - 90 Mins Oldskool-to-Nuskool Journey!

Vinylgroover (aka Scott Attrill) is one of the biggest names from the 90's "Happy Hardcore" era - headlining massive events worldwide and producing a string of anthems that have stood the test of time to this
day. After taking a break from
Hardcore in the 00's to smash the pants off the Hard Dance scene, Scott is making an exciting return to the scene and he's coming to take us on a journey from the classics of the 90's right through to brand
new upfront UK Hardcore slammers!

Joining Scott for our headline set is none other than the world's number 1 Hardcore MC - as voted by you, the ravers - Whizzkid! With an unparallelled stage presence and reputation for lifting the biggest
crowds and raising the biggest roofs this
is your chance to catch 2 all time rave legends linking up for 90 minutes of epic peak time Hardcore action!

*** JAY PRESCOTT *** - (Totally Lost It!) - Hardcore-to-Gabber set!

We're buzzing to welcome Totally Lost It's main man Mr Prescott to make his Stomp! debut! Lots of you have asked for us to take things harder on our lineups and we can't think of a better man for the job - so
get ready for a serious hammering from
one of Manchester's finest!

*** SCAR b2b NICK 235 *** - (Scarred Digital vs. Hard Beats Collective) - Hardcore & Freeform!

Establishing herself as one of the top DJ's & producers in the scene, Scar is back to grace our decks once more with her top drawer skills on the 1's & 2's and wicked track selection. She's joined by the Hard
Beats Collective's super talented DJ &
producer Nick 235 as he makes his long awaited Stomp! debut - bringing together 2 of the underground's brightest stars!

*** DARTS *** (Trackmaster Music, Stomp!) - Hardcore

Your host with the most hops back behind the Stomp! decks to bring you the latest slammers from Trackmaster Music and exclusive cuts from his first production album "Put the :) back!" - due out on TMM soon!
Expect the usual unexpected randomness
too! ;-)

*** YOYO *** (Choonz On Toast) - Classic Happy Hardcore - 100% vinyl!

Making his long awaited return to our stage, Choonz On Toast's wicked DJ YoYo is back to raise our roof and mix it up oldskool Happycore stylee on 2 turntables!

*** BATMAN *** (Seismic) - Hardcore

One of the brightest talents in the north-east, Batman joins us to make his Stomp! debut and bring you some of the biggest Hardcore anthems you know and love!

Hosted by MC's:

* WHIZZKID * - aforementioned world's number 1!
* THUNDA * - Lethal Theory's very own returns to our stage!
* SMOKIN' * - Trackmaster Music & Stomp! crowd favourite back once again!
* GESTURE * - with top multi genre events including Innovation/Moondance, Delerium, Future Formation and more on his CV, we welcome Gesture to make his Stomp! debut!
* REDZ * - a big welcome back to local lad and Stomp! crowd favourite Redz MC!

THEME - as always there is a theme and this time it's "Oldskool RAVE!" - we want to see your hi vis, white gloves, acid men and bucket hats - and we want to hear your whistles and horns! Let's
rave this one up proper, crew!!

THE MONG ZONE - normal raves have a chillout room - we have The Mong Zone! A fully furnished quiet room with games, books and fun activities for when you're all raved out and need to catch up on some
monging! ** Featuring new games for
2014!!! **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 18th April 2014 @ Eiger Music Studios, New Craven Gate Industrial Estate, LEEDS, LS11 5NF.

Adv. tix ?8 available soon from We Got Tickets! Usual ?10 otd!

www.stomp-events.com
www.facebook.com/stompleeds
http://soundcloud.com/stomp-leeds
Darts Really excited about this Stomp! lineup - hope to see some more familiar hhc.com faces here after we all had a reet good time at the last one
Darts Advance tickets on sale now - only at We Got Tickets!

http://www.wegottickets.com/event/260573
Audio Warfare Vinylgroover!? Well ****ing hell. Ahhh, wish it wasn't such a distance.
Triquatra Man up Gary! I make the trek to London :P
_Jay_
And I come up from London for this! :-)

Have just booked my train ticket. There is major disruption on that London-to-Leeds line on this weekend, annoyingly. I get in about 21.20 if anyone wants to meet? May as well just head straight to the venue, thinking about it?

Audio Warfare Hey. I spent the weekend doing some DIY, that's a year's worth of manning up for me. My office built body is feeling the pain. I will deffo see what I'm supposed to be doing though as I would like to make it up at some point. VG is some good incentive for me too!
Triquatra also, Jay's man hugs are equally tempting! ;)
Darts Just seen the first draft of the flyer for this one and it's looking wicked, so happy with it!

I proper appreciate the super-human efforts that people go to just to attend our events, it's a rare trek for some of you and the fact that we've had people crossing the entire globe just to come and party with us is unbelievably awesome
Darts Full flyer artwork:

Web banner artwork (feel free to share and add to your social networking pages if you wouldn't mind helping us spread the word, thanks!) :

_Jay_

Flyer looks great Dave!

I booked my ticket for the rave today. :-)

Also, I haven't booked any return transport yet. You know what that means guys........

OPEN ENDED POST-RAVE MESSYNESS.

Hard2Get Yes.
Triquatra :D!
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

Flyer looks great Dave!

I booked my ticket for the rave today. :-)

Also, I haven't booked any return transport yet. You know what that means guys........

OPEN ENDED POST-RAVE MESSYNESS.

There's a spare VIP ticket going for the after party in my bed!!
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
There's a spare VIP ticket going for the after party in my bed!!

Oh my! Now we're talking!

On a rare moment of seriousness, though - the main reason I haven't booked a return train yet is because there are massive engineering works on the London to Leeds line that entire weekend (yeah, good one - just schedule that for the Easter Bank Holiday weekend!). The first direct train back to London is 11am. Everything else is like multiple changes and going weird places. Ordinarily wouldn't phase me, but I can't risk being mangled, not getting off the train at the right time because I'm passed out dribbling on the window - and then ending up in Swansea or something.

So, a very vague plan at the moment might be to take you up on your very kind offer Ben, have a few casual most-rave beers after the rave. But have a hotel booked for the Saturday night where I can sleep it off and get the 11am direct train home on Sunday. Possibly.

Last time I "planned" to stay in Leeds for one night after a Friday rave - I didn't get home until Monday evening. LOL.

Oh, and also - it looks like my mate Big Matt may well now be able to make it! Quality!

djDMS So need to be fit for this.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
So need to be fit for this.

What, you mean you need to do some exercise? Lol
Triquatra
quote:

Aye mate, I'm hoping to see you there! *wink wink*
djDMS Lol.

Bastard!
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
quote:

Aye mate, I'm hoping to see you there! *wink wink*

What does that mean? I don't like secrets!

djDMS He's taking the piss because i can't see properly :-(
_Jay_
quote:
He's taking the piss because i can't see properly :-(

Foul taste, Rowan!

Triquatra :D Me? Never! Dean is the apple of my... err

Hard2Get Anus?

What?
_Jay_

Barely a month to go for this! Pretty pumped! Hopefully be another decent HH.com turnout as well.

Darts
quote:

Barely a month to go for this! Pretty pumped! Hopefully be another decent HH.com turnout as well.

Yeah hopefully! Always a buzz getting forum peeps together, I always stand back and beam with satisfaction seeing you all hug and kiss
djDMS ....and ever so slightly jealous that you're too busy to join in ;-)
Darts
quote:
....and ever so slightly jealous that you're too busy to join in ;-)

this is why I'm making last entry 3am so I can join in the late night heavy petting
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Darts:
quote:

this is why I'm making last entry 3am so I can join in the late night heavy petting

I'm sure there'll be entry a lot later than that!
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Darts:
quote:

I'm sure there'll be entry a lot later than that!

LOL. *applauds*. Good one!

Seriously though who the hell is gonna be turning up at 3 am onwards anyway?
_Jay_

One month to go! This year is going so quick. Rave after rave! Amazing.

Triquatra Booked our hotel :D Can't wait!
_Jay_

Nice one mate! I've ended up booking the first train home back in the morning. That whole East Coast line is fcuked for the whole weekend, so I figured best get back as soon as possible.

X-Ell Can't wait for it, love this event!
_Jay_

You've gone for the hotel option haven't ya mate? With the missus?

X-Ell Yes, booked in to the Travelodge, think it was the central vicar lane one or something which was only ?35 for the night! :)
Darts We love you guys, too! can't wait to catch up with you all!

Set times:

22:00-23:30 - Batman - MC Gesture (Hardcore Classics)
23:30-00:30 - Jay Prescott - MC Thunda (Hardcore-to-Gabber)
00:30-02:00 - Vinylgroover - MC Whizzkid (Oldskool-to-Nuskool Hardcore)
02:00-03:00 - Sc@r b2b Nick 235 - MC Smokin' (Hardcore / Freeform)
03:00-04:00 - DJ YoYo - MC Redz (100% vinyl Happy Hardcore classics)
04:00-05:00 - Darts - MC's on rotation (Uplifting upfront shenanigans)
Triquatra such a great line up! :D
djDMS ......of people attending ;-)
Triquatra
quote:
......of people attending ;-)

Exactly! DJ lineup isn't looking too shabby either ;)
_Jay_

#Pumped.

Claxton Does anyone fancy a meet up beforehand in Leeds?
_Jay_

I'm not around until 21.20. Where are you guys likely to be?

Triquatra Unsure to be honest - I can be wherever you guys want me to be though ;)

We'll be in Leeds early afternoon I expect, checking into the hotel and what not!
djDMS Not sure yet, more than likely turn up last minute.
_Jay_

Oh you're so fcuking cool aren't ya.

djDMS Yes.

Yes i am ;-)
Claxton Well I can make my way into Leeds at any point. So even if you just want to go for a quick one before making our way to the venue at that Wetherspoons that's cool.
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton: if you just want to go for a quick one before making our way to the venue

Shameless!
Triquatra I'm at Bewleys at the moment, having a rest after an epic "meal" at Red Hot World Buffet all you can eat (somewhat regretting it already haha...won't eat for a week!) Will see you all there at 10!

djDMS Just need to do my nails and eyebrows then i'll be on my way
Hard2Get So, how did it go?
Triquatra Awesome! Had a nice chat with Vinylgroover and got to thank whizzkid for Qwerkout!

Vinylgroover's first half of his set was actually really close to "DJ Sy Live at Dreamscape V1" which was fantastic as that's a CD from my childhood! He had to switch over to CD decks sooner than he hoped I think because there were grounding issues with the turntables which took it to nu-skool a little sooner than expected, but it was still absolutely fantastic!
He's said he's going to be making hardcore again, but he seemed to be figuring out just what sort of thing he wants to do with it.

All the other sets were spot on too, but I had to leave a little earlier than usual (3am ish) as the family were back at the hotel and we were all going to York when the sun came up!

The crowd were probably the happiest I've ever seen them! Probably to be expected when you put on an old skool theme! ;)

on a technical note I also learnt that the upgrade DSLR I bought actually came with a lens that was a few MK's down from my old lens! (technically it's the same lens, but doesn't have image stabilization) so an buttload of the shots came out blurry. Will have it upgraded in time for the next Stomp :)

Alas no wham bam!
djDMS Had a shit night.

No, seriously i did! :-P
_Jay_
quote:
Had a shit night.

How come dude?

Triquatra
quote:
quote:
Had a shit night.

How come dude?

I think he was upset because vinylgroover didn't get to play wham bam :P
djDMS :-P

Felt shite all day so really couldn't get into the spirit of things. Nothing wrong with the night at all, just wish i could have been there at full strength rather than turning up hoping for the best!
Darts Sorry you were feeling under the weather, Dean... hope you're suitably mended now.

Pleased to say the night went really well though - great sets, great atmos and mossstly happy ravers really looking forward to planning our 3rd birthday party for the Summer

It took 2.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page