Radio listeners 159+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Back In The Daaaaaaay

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
tranceplanter I accidentally stumbled across this site whilst looking for something else...ahhh, memories...takes me back a few years...Slammin' Vinyl at Bagleys, London. Happy Days indeed.

Let's face it though, hardcore's crap these days, innit? I stopped buying it in about 1997. The "hardcore" these days just sounds like unimaginative badly-produced too-fast trance. Mind you, I still have stacks of 1994-97 proper English Happy Hardcore - I'd love to record a set for your radio - how would I go about doing that?

MCDJ i dont think dissing hardcore is the first step mate
how can you say hardcore is crap
its getting better and better
read the news section mate cos it points out that your wrong...way wrong

mcdj 2oo3

cheers

Rave On !!!!
tranceplanter Well, we're all entitled to our own opinion, aren't we m8y...

Anyway, I wasn't dissing hardcore per se - I'm just not feeling the new stuff. Like I said, I used to go to Slammin' Vinyl, Dreamscape, ridiculous illegal parties in quarries and forests...when the music was pure quality (Remix Records, Kniteforce etc.) and the vibe was unbeatable. You just don't get it anywhere else any more.

Siiiiggggghhhh...

djtommyrenegade personally, i think hardcore was better back in the day, and that it is become more like speeded up hard trance, but this is the direction that our genre is going. Some of it is fooking mental, but the old stuf, just cannot be beaten, but that was backin the day

DJ Tommy Renegade

NORTHERN IRELAND HARDCORE POSSE!
Oli G i personaly ****ing hate it when people say it was better back in the day
, back in the day was when you first started raving, and when u first got into it thats what you liked, so now new ravers who get into the scene are experiencing what it was like for the oldskool lot when they first started....
people say "it will never be the same as it was back in the day" course it wont, u only start raving once... so if someone gets into the scene now, 5 yrs time, they will look back and reminice too, and will get slated by tits like me, again :)

(most of this post was taken from what someone on ush said.. it was a good point, i thought id translate it, i didnt wanna take credit for it)

p.s this doesnt mean i hate oldskool, or old hardcore, its great, and when i got into hardcore, tunes like that will never be made again, but unlike some i can look forward onto whats comming out now too :)

CAM001 Out MARCH2003
Distribution Through Nu Energy & Imo
www.camelrecords.co.uk

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
strychnine ^^ *claps*

You go Oli ... whack 'em with that STFU stick!!

F*** like you're being filmed.
Stevie c Absloutely!!
I got in to Hardcore or should i say rave in '92 and i was worried then that i had missed the boat cos ppl were saying it wasn't them same and was 1) dieing or 2) going commercial, both arguements are rubbish, irritating and wrong. I am a hardcore fanatic I also love old skool, I have difficult days trying to decide which I love more, then i give up because a scene must progress, It should take different directions some we like some we won't.
However there will always be another person out there who likes what you like so genres never go away. The original post basically says
'I liked hardcore when it was cool to like it, cos i would hear it, but as time progressed, i heard it less more kids got into the scene I felt old and grew a goaty put on cords and dug house'
I know i was there, sometimes there was nothing else to do!! but I wouldn't moan or reminise I would push DJ's to experiment and try hardcore, I like House, I like techno but I never have and never will give up being hardcore, it was my scene and I won't let it become history. Perhaps Silver you can set up OldSkool.com so oldies of heart can go there and die peacefully with each other, My memories are old and new but my heart is fresh, keep it kicking and if you don't like it.......change it!! But please don't tell me again how great Diehard, Kentic, Bagleys, Fantazia or Universe were I know!! I was there!! Get in to the scene, move on or please share your stories with that group of ppl that love remembering how MAD their first trip was

Your into the sound of Rebellion
Rika geez everywhere i go people are talking about "Back in the Day, this and that was so much better.. oh the scenes so dead now.. ohh the music sucks so much more now.." its not true, you just suck more now! learn how to have a good time. wait for some of the new stuff coming soon..

wait.. i may be wrong. Ever since they passed that R.A.V.E act everything has been going downhill, but still.. i hate generalizations.

LOvE iS GoD LoVE IS WaR LoVE IS WhAT YoUR LiFe iS For! Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. Please dont start WW3 Mr. Bush!! F*ck with me and i'll saw off your legs MWWUUAAAFUUAAK
CandyAss A lot of old happycore DJs I talk to stopped buying it in '97 or so and I think that's the problem. Yes, after '97 when everyone in the world stopped liking it (except us true heads ) good tracks were very few and far between and it seemed like the death of good ole' hardcore or it's transgression to shoddy trancecore. It's only been recently that there's been a sorta' rebirth of that old touch that also has a newer element along with it. Listen to some of the tracks that came out in the past year, and you'll see that yes, it's not the same thing as it was back in the day, but man, it's good stuff!

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org
CandyAss Oh, and about Kniteforce. If you haven't heard it's back and Luna-C and crew are making tracks with an oldskool vibe again. check it http://www.kniteforce.co.uk

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org
dj_stey_iz_ere hhc has always bin bangin every since it was introduced in wen eva it was

------------------------
Dont drink and drive,

smoke Weed and fly
tranceplanter OK OK OK - fair play. The little grenade I lobbed has produced some [mostly] interesting responses.

I just wonder whether 5 years from now you will be reminiscing about the halcyon days and the happy hardcore music of circa 2002 like we do about circa 1995...or in 1995 when the snobs were reminiscing about 1992...(sample quote "and the pills were better")

BTW - I notice that Mark EG plays out a lot at hardcore events these days, I assume he is playing the modern hardcore style - if you ever see him, please approach him and remind him about the days when he used to TOTALLY SLATE hardcore ALL THE TIME in a magazine called Eternity. Then watch him squirm...

mc trev oh hell no we wont let it beat us,ain't nothing in this world is goonna defeat us,
we got ur body pumping, scott brown got ur body moving,

hixxy,wizzkid,raverbaby

mc storm sounded much better back in 96/97 and the music we were listening to befor 2000 was called "hardcore"

now this nu stuff (which i realy like) is not hardcore, its called freeform

why is hardcore called hardcore when it could be called bouncy techno?
Oli G mark eg still doesnt play hardcore
he plays hard trance, as he always has done
(i think heh)

CAM001 Out MARCH2003
www.camelrecords.co.uk

Brian K back in the daaaaaaaay topics weren't so gaaaaaay =P

not going to say much on this other than oli's statement was dead on, and if you don't like the tunage now a days why don't you get out there and produce you're own tunes so you'll stop you're whining? =P

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."
tranceplanter Ha ha ha - I'm being lectured on dance music by a ****ing yank! I bet you were still listeniing to Green Day last year until your "buddy" told you about this happening "new" scene...

Don't bite, Fido

Oli G har
/me watches the conversation slowly decline

CAM001 Out MARCH2003
www.camelrecords.co.uk

Xenochrome
quote:
Originally posted by tranceplanter:
Ha ha ha - I'm being lectured on dance music by a ****ing yank! I bet you were still listeniing to Green Day last year until your "buddy" told you about this happening "new" scene...

Oooh, snobbery of the highest order!
FYI, some of us "yanks" have been supporting hardcore for years.

strychnine Semi-informed trolls - ya gotta love 'em

F*** like you're being filmed.
weba_d
quote:
Originally posted by mc trev:
oh hell no we wont let it beat us,ain't nothing in this world is goonna defeat us,
we got ur body pumping, scott brown got ur body moving,

hixxy,wizzkid,raverbaby

mc storm sounded much better back in 96/97 and the music we were listening to befor 2000 was called "hardcore"

now this nu stuff (which i realy like) is not hardcore, its called freeform

why is hardcore called hardcore when it could be called bouncy techno?

grrrr, mc trev needs explaining
Hardcore is hardcore and many differnet "types" of hardcore is part of hardcore.
hardcore, trancecore,happycore,freeform,gabba to mention the common
for example "bonkers 9"
hixxy's-remixed hardcore and happyhardcore tracks
sharky's-freeform
scott brown- remixed hard trancecore
IT all comes bak to hardcore, lets not try split this genre

*takes two deep breaths*
settle down weba d, no need to get worked up, try to concentrate on the thread

"what goes up must come down"...so keep popin!

WEBA D
Stevie c Hardcore is getting a shot in the arm BECAUSE of ***ing Yanks and Aussies!! Without them this scene would have always stayed a mis-understood UK scene and DIED. I prefer to talk to up for it Americans and Aussies than a fellow country man who is ready for the elephant Knackers yard!!
Anyhow what's up with green day? I was listening to them WHEN I was a raver!!
'oh you like this so you can't possibly know'
WHAT toss, they can't help being latter if most of the music is made in the UK, besides its in the blood, I'M always late that's why I like them.
UP USA, UP ALL THE TRUE BLUES FROM DOWN UNDER!!!! DOWN WITH STINKY POMS WITH STINKY ATTITUDES!!

Your into the sound of Rebellion
mc lyrical Oh who cares Ive being stompin since my first rave at club kinetic in stoke in 95, I really hate it when ex- ravers diss the modern scene as in my eyes it went shit and is now steadly on the climb.
All I can say is 2002 club attendances fall, attendances at Hardcore raves rocket as more and more ravers come back to the scene they turned there back on, the glass is half full not half empty!!
keep it hardcore

Last night and the night before... Tommyknockers knocking at my door
Skyler I love a lot of the new stuff that is coming out nowadays, I'm buying enough of it but it isnt all great. I wouldnt say I prefer it 'back in the day' but I do prefer the older cheesy stuff. Hardcore is always evolving and will always evolve and thats what keeps me interested in it, the sheer variety of what is made is like that of no other music almost. Old or New, Hardcore is still king.

It took 1.2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page