Radio listeners 188+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 drinking habits

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
don_simon3000 what are your favorite drinks? do you prefer wine or beer?
Audio Warfare I like a good proper Ale but I'm not supposed to drink it as I have Gout. :'( Beer is the worst alcohol for it really. I tend to stick to Dark Rum/Vodka/Wine but I do like a cider from time to time.
don_simon3000 personally i love italian red wine. i am enjoying a glass or two as we speak ;)
wong carlsberg or vodka
Traktoririst I don't drink alcohol because it is can kill me, because I have epilepsy and with medicine I can't take + I have very bad and dangerous memories about alcohol. but I drink water, cranberry juice ( my favourite!!!) milk and all kind of juices and non-alcohol drinks.
Triquatra neither, I'm a liquor drinker!

Worked out yonks ago that having pints sloshing about draggin' you down at a rave is never an ideal idea!
Not to mention the beer farts you can smell nowadays that the smoking ban is in! :P
AceofSpades_Lorenzo Ive drank a total of like 2beers in my life

I have kidney disease & on medications for my issues

If i had a drinking habit, id probably die
don_simon3000
quote:
Originally posted by AceofSpades_Lorenzo:
Ive drank a total of like 2beers in my life

I have kidney disease & on medications for my issues

If i had a drinking habit, id probably die

sorry to hear mate.
The drunken scotsman Usually lager, Tennent's is the bog standard that most people up here in sunny Scotland drink including myself. Draught Peroni is nice but expensive. Corona my favourite though.
Have recently taken a liking to red wine. Also drink vodka but spirits generally get me ****ed beyond belief so try to avoid whenever possible.

Also can't beat a Strawberry & Lime Kopperberg in the summer, but anymore than 2 and it gets a bit sickly.
Captain Triceps Stella or Carlsberg Export are my favourites.
Best my local serves on tap is Kronenberg, so it's usually bottles of Export there, too. I drink lager literally every day, I know it's majorly unhealthy, but hey, so are a lot of things. I'm not an alcoholic or anything, I often just have a can when I get in from work as I have kids and can't be getting bladdered all the time. (Don't worry, I'm not as irresponsible as this is making me sound, honest!!)
I also have several hundred pounds worth of cognac , also plenty of whiskeys and other spirits. I love cognac, I don't get to drink it so much now because it's something I enjoy when relaxing with a film or something, a rare treat now with a young child running around and another due soon (possibly tomorrow actually!)
Oh, I fucking love bitter shandy as well! I don't enjoy bitter by itself but bitter shandies, if I'm not in a lager mood, are blinding.
I only drink wine/bubbly if it's offered to me at a wedding or something, although I have accumulated several bottles of the stuff over the years.
Stuff like jagerbombs can piss right off, God knows why they are so popular.
whispering Beer, these days i rotate between those:
http://www.nokianpanimo.fi/juomat/oluet
_Jay_
I can't stand alcohol.

latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

I can't stand alcohol.

... said no Jay ever.

For me I drink beer the majority of the time. I can't handle my liquor as I used to, and get rather sloppy drunk pretty quickly if drinking it.

I definitely prefer beers of a lighter color rather than the dark Guinness-like ones.
Hard2Get
quote:
Not to mention the beer farts you can smell nowadays that the smoking ban is in! :P

Classy

For me its ales or Belgian lagers. Right now Leffe is the best thing going for me.
Craigavon raver Oh i'm def a beer man, preferably lager! my fav beer is harp, an irish lager, but then again i'd drink any beer I love it that much! haha I also enjoy stout and like having a Guinness every now and again, had 2 Guinness when I was round in my mum and dads house last sunday, lovely! goes down a treat!
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:

Classy

For me its ales or Belgian lagers. Right now Leffe is the best thing going for me.

I used to really like Leffe, kinda went off it for some reason. The lager I drink most is one called Primus, it's Belgian, 5%, 4 cans for ?3.75 and it's not shit quality, despite the price, really nice stuff. Better then crap like Fosters and Carling.
latininxtc The only British lager I've ever had was a Boddington's, introduced to me by Kevin Energy himself at the Flying Saucer in Nashville :)

It was good, but after awhile it was a bit too heavy for me lol. I can only handle one at a time of those.
Ionosphere
quote:
Originally posted by don_simon3000:
what are your favorite drinks? do you prefer wine or beer?

Are they the only two choices?

I'd rather have a nice cuppa tea.
wong
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
The only British lager I've ever had was a Boddington's, introduced to me by Kevin Energy himself at the Flying Saucer in Nashville :)

It was good, but after awhile it was a bit too heavy for me lol. I can only handle one at a time of those.

that's bitter not lager
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
quote:

Classy

I used to really like Leffe, kinda went off it for some reason. The lager I drink most is one called Primus, it's Belgian, 5%, 4 cans for ?3.75 and it's not shit quality, despite the price, really nice stuff. Better then crap like Fosters and Carling.

Fosters and Carling and the other common lagers here are shockingly bad. Not sure why people drink them.
I should also point out that I'm a big fan of Guinness. I intended that to be included under ales.

Also Boddingtons is great. Very creamy. It's not lager though. It's Bitter/Ale.
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Classy

Fosters and Carling and the other common lagers here are shockingly bad. Not sure why people drink them.

Because they don't know any better then what they see in adverts, or what are told. A lot of my mates won't touch Stella because it's 'wife-beater', or 'loopy juice'.
There was an advert on for Carling I saw tonight, with the line 'Refreshingly Perfect'. Utter bollocks, it's awful tasting stuff, easily the worst of the common stuff. Fosters isn't much better, Carlsberg the same. Has to be Export, or that Elephant stuff I don't know if you can still get.
It's not even just the low ABV as well, some of the 2% bottled stuff they have brought out have been surprisingly refreshing, even if they do have that lime twist or whatever.
Another I can't stand is stuff like Sol and Corona. More tasteless piss, I'm told you're meant to stick a lime in the bottle for the right taste but that's a load of old tosh.
I do really like Miller Genuine Draft though!
wong I actually like the taste of carlsberg, so thats why i drink it
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Classy

Because they don't know any better then what they see in adverts, or what are told. A lot of my mates won't touch Stella because it's 'wife-beater', or 'loopy juice'.
There was an advert on for Carling I saw tonight, with the line 'Refreshingly Perfect'. Utter bollocks, it's awful tasting stuff, easily the worst of the common stuff. Fosters isn't much better, Carlsberg the same. Has to be Export, or that Elephant stuff I don't know if you can still get.
It's not even just the low ABV as well, some of the 2% bottled stuff they have brought out have been surprisingly refreshing, even if they do have that lime twist or whatever.
Another I can't stand is stuff like Sol and Corona. More tasteless piss, I'm told you're meant to stick a lime in the bottle for the right taste but that's a load of old tosh.

Agreed about fosters and carling, very poor lagers. Make me feel ill actually. Poor quality and pumped full of chemicals.

Have to say you're the first person I've ever heard dissing corona. Sol IMO is very tasteless but Corona is great. You really do need to put a lime in it though, makes all the difference.
Traktoririst
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Classy

Agreed about fosters and carling, very poor lagers. Make me feel ill actually. Poor quality and pumped full of chemicals.

Have to say you're the first person I've ever heard dissing corona. Sol IMO is very tasteless but Corona is great. You really do need to put a lime in it though, makes all the difference.

Try estonian beer :D I have heard estonian beer is like pee.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
I actually like the taste of carlsberg, so thats why i drink it

Fair enough
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Classy

I don't know a great many that agree with me to be honest. I can't agree about the lime though, I'm sure it's a thing of tradition rather then flavour, but again if it does it for you, happy days!
Hard2Get I've not tried Corona without a lime but when I've tried it without it tastes much like other lagers; which is to say that adding anything else wouldn't really make it into something good for me. I agree that Carling is the worst of the worst. I don't mind the mainstream mild/bitters though, at least they have a lot of flavour.
djDMS Cider or girly spirits.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Classy

Salt and lime is what most people usually do. I've never had a Sol, even while in Mexico, but I regularly drink Coronas and I have them with or without the lime and salt. I like it. Also there's Dos Equis (XX) that are a similar taste and style of beer and I also drink it with or without the salt and lime.

There is a style of drink they have in Mexico and some parts of the US called michelada, where it's the same thing, except they had spices and sauce that is similar to a bloody mary, which it turns out to be really good. I usually have one of those with a Modelo Especial.

Also here in the US most bars will serve you Blue Moon with an orange peel. Makes the beer pretty damn good.
Craigavon raver I've never tasted bitter before! I know its really popular in England but i'm near sure they don't even do it in Ireland! haha and I have tried ale before, the first time by mistake! I remember years ago (2006 to be precise) me and a few friends were in the local bar ( actually watching Portugal v England, well near sure it was that match, and cheering on Portugal, obviously! ) and one of my mates was drinking either bass or smithwicks, I think bass, and he was sitting beside me, and whatever way I started sitting on the seat I was leaning away to the side, so I just put my hand to the table to lift my pint, while still looking at the tv, and took a big mouthful, only to be not pleasantly surprised what was in my mouth, I sat up with my mouth full not really knowing what to do, I obviously drank it, but I wasn't impressed with it, I lifted my mates pint by mistake, think might of been the shock of it as well which contributed to me not likng it at all, was expecting my lovely harp lager and I get a mouthful of ale, which is obviously different taste!
Captain Triceps Aye, it's one thing accidentally drinking from your mates lager but when you accidentally drink bitter and you don't like it you definitely know about it.
Karthy Love a good pint of export on a hot summers day!

Any other day give me vodka. Big fan of whiskey too... although saying that I'll happily drink anything but wine or aftershock type shit, and even then I'll drink it, just not happily! :-D
Hard2Get I'm a fan of Bass bitter! Or i used to be anyway, before i started drinking premium ales. Not had it for years so not sure how I'd feel about it now. Either way it will still be better than any of the common lagers etc.
_Jay_

Tequila.

don_simon3000 thought u cudnt stnd out alc jay?
_Jay_
I was being a silly boy. I drink far too much than is healthy.

don_simon3000 so u drink daily?
_Jay_

Nah. Twice a week usually. Once heavily, and once very heavily.

It took 2.33 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page