Radio listeners 159+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Mc Storm

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
fakka13k Does anybody seriously like this guy on the mic? With all the shit he caused and his poor mic skills why is this buffoon still booked?
jenks Because he's still one of the best at his job. He might not be able to even chat in sync properly any more, but he still gets a crowd going.
Kebab Head I just don't like MCs full stop so have learned to ignore the twat plus not heard him for ages so all good
Gazza1712 He seems to be very popular with promoters still, he does live and breathe for the scene but personally i think he has gone downhill since 1999, the reason he was popular is because of sy anyway, sy made him what he is by becoming his mc, but yeah he kinda seems to have taken a more immature role with the bollocks he says on the mic nowadays, unless it's because I'm now in my. 30s, but he must be pushing 40, time to maybe slow it down and shut up more and let the music breathe
Hard2Get Every MC should be more like Ribbz. As good as he ever was.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Every MC should be more like Ribbz. As good as he ever was.

every MC should be like Junior...
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

And Live Lee, Charly B, Oddysee, in fact a lot of the big-in-the-90s MCs.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
quote:

That's not what I was going for lol
arpz
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I see what you're getting at.. bit much no?

I echo the sentiments about the 90s MC's, I really enjoy those hosting style MC's, I do enjoy the 'bars' that they bring now but I also really like the casual chatter of the old times
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I see what you're getting at.. bit much no?

I echo the sentiments about the 90s MC's, I really enjoy those hosting style MC's

And that is what MCing SHOULD be. In every electronic music genre that has MCs, the MCs serve more as the host rather than anything above that and it certainly works great in my opinion. You hear less of the MCs so you can focus more on the actual music.
Elliott
quote:
quote:

HA!

Oooh dear.
Hard2Get To be fair if you're at an actual rave then the music is always so much louder than the MC that it doesn't really matter how you feel about them. It's only on recordings where it's problem. Unless it's a main room style setup like at HTID etc where the MC's have a whole stage to themselves.that is.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
quote:

HA!

Oooh dear.

Yep, I get it second time round, ruddy heckfire!
djDMS I refuse to believe Stevo would stoop so low!
Torpex
quote:
quote:

OH SN-
Hard2Get That comment would make a lot of people angry.
arpz
quote:
That comment would make a lot of people angry.

I'm livid ;D
fakka13k
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
quote:
That comment would make a lot of people angry.

I'm livid ;D

I'm horny!
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I refuse to believe Stevo would stoop so low!

To Soon? :P
Claxton I like him. There is NO other MC even close to getting the crowd as hyped as he does.
fakka13k
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I like him. There is NO other MC even close to getting the crowd as hyped as he does.

^^^ looks like Storms here! Lol!!
_Jay_
quote:
quote:

Pretty dark mate. Might want to edit that.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
quote:

Pretty dark mate. Might want to edit that.

Darkly hilarious!

Exactly the kind of humour I love. I say keep it. I laughed!

Edit: I did feel bad for a little bit afterwards though.
Craigavon raver I used to love mc storm! used to look out for all the tracks he featured on and love him mcing at events! but I rarely listen to live events now, the last tape/cd pack I have is from 2005! so can't really comment on what I think of him now, although I have heard bits and pieces of him since then
DJ SCOTT DEVOTION
quote:
Originally posted by Kebab Head:
I just don't like MCs full stop so have learned to ignore the twat plus not heard him for ages so all good

Agree too, I always have ignored MC's but it is hard not too when you want to hear a mix and have a guy shouting all over it and mess it all up.

I have been looking back at many of my old mixes form events and have come to the conclusion that 99% of MC's are fooking annoying. I always have liked an MC that does not spout on about life and there struggles etc. and just hypes the crowd, the job they are meant to do. I have never understood the whole chit chat about there life and wanting fame, fame? what in hardcore, a tiny little scene, wow!

Anyway, I have so many recordings messed up with bloody mc's shouting all over them. I have been adding some to my sound cloud page for memories and find it hard to select any as they bloody mess them all up, shouting. Grr! Still they serve a purpose for the kids and the kids seem to like them so it works. They are a bit of a chav magnet in hardcore music from what I see, not something good imo. I have friends whom do MC within the scene still (yeah you no whom you are lmao - give it up and grow up your in your mid 30's) pass the mic over to the kids.

One of my fav MC's was MC Ruff a top guy and from the real days of the scene, also MC MC, apart form that I never have taken an interest in MC's much too.

Vladel Mc's used to be good in the nineties but since then they just seem to ramble on and on meaning you can't hear the music. Storm is the worst by a mile.
HollowRipper Come off it.

I don't like the guy at all. But how anyone can say he's a bad mc is totally beyond me. If you wanna hear bad, get out to some smaller raves (or get out to any rave at all). There are literally hundreds of mc's that are a million times worse than storm.

Wotsee and Skatty blow Storm away when it comes to talent and flow. But Storm is miles better than any other mc in the scene at getting a crowd hyped. You can sense the feeling change the second he walks on stage.
fakka13k I agree , you can feel the atmosphere change when he gets on stage, a sense of dread in most cases
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by fakka13k:
I agree , you can feel the atmosphere change when he gets on stage, a sense of dread in most cases

lol
ConnerIntenzifi 99% of folk in raves love when storm comes on regardless of what folk think of him. The place just comes alive with his energy on stage. A 5am morning glory set of the night just isnt the same without him
HollowRipper
quote:
Originally posted by fakka13k:
I agree , you can feel the atmosphere change when he gets on stage, a sense of dread in most cases

In no way, at no rave, has there ever been a sense of dread when Storm gets on stage. Ravers absolutely love him.

If you get a sense of dread when your sat in your pants at home and you hear his voice on a mix here's a tip.

Don't listen to set's with him on.

Like i say, i don't like him. Even as an MC he's nowhere near the best, and some of his lyrics are terrible. But there is no other artist in the scene who enjoys it as much as him. Except maybe DJC.

You can tell he loves it everytime he's on stage.

I can't tell you how many times i've been watching a dj and they just look bored as ****.

This guy lives for what he does.
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by HollowRipper:
Except maybe DJC.

Ha! Yeah that guy goes nuts! I've seen him on a video stream before. Would be cool to see him live!

The Dopeman i don't understand why people enjoy watching and listening to someone who...

1. looks as if he's took a line of coke and just pulled his head from a horses rear end
2. dribbles utter crap and pretends he's a turntable
3. sounds like he has a massive dildo rammed up his backside

if i was a bigtime hardcore dj and he was mcing over one of my sets...i'd end up taking my decks and smashing them over the guys head

that's just me though

latininxtc DJC isn't the only one who really gets into his sets. Marc Smith is definitely one, I really love watching him up there. Also Gammer is pretty into his sets as well. I know he's not everyone's favorite personality-wise, or even music-wise, but it's exciting to see him up there.

Breeze and Hixxy are awfully boring to watch up there.
HollowRipper Reading my comment back it sounds well bitchy, which it wasn't meant to!

Yeah there are a few, Joey Riot being another, but DJC is just incredible. You can't stand still when you see him bouncing like a loon behind the decks!
Audio Warfare DJC is amazing. :) Love his energy. Mark EG is definitely the original nutter behind the decks though. :P I remember him running round and round the stage one time at The Sanctuary and tripping over a load of cables, finished it off with a roly poly and some jazz hands. Was lols.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
DJC is amazing. :) Love his energy. Mark EG is definitely the original nutter behind the decks though. :P I remember him running round and round the stage one time at The Sanctuary and tripping over a load of cables, finished it off with a roly poly and some jazz hands. Was lols.

That guy's got to be on something lol he's a bit too all over the place to be sober haha
Claxton I would imagine that the people slating Storm as a performer are those who havent seen him live. There is a complete change in atmosphere when he jumps on the mic. You don't have to like him as a person to appreciate that.

I would love Storm to MC on my set; it would mean that every raver would be into it.
fakka13k
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I would imagine that the people slating Storm as a performer are those who havent seen him live. There is a complete change in atmosphere when he jumps on the mic. You don't have to like him as a person to appreciate that.

I would love Storm to MC on my set; it would mean that every raver would be into it.

I've seen him live far too many times, around 98 was the first time I saw the ageing crackhead. He wasn't too bad to start with I'll admit, however he's a one trick pony, and a shit one at that
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
DJC is amazing. :) Love his energy. Mark EG is definitely the original nutter behind the decks though. :P I remember him running round and round the stage one time at The Sanctuary and tripping over a load of cables, finished it off with a roly poly and some jazz hands. Was lols.

Haha brilliant. Seriously good DJ.

It took 2.48 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page