Radio listeners 168+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 X-Treme In The Booth

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
SmashingTheSirens Has anybody managed to catch any of these sessions on Clubland TV, presented by Mark Breeze recorded in Dougals club. Its quite a good watch, watching some of the technical bits and seeing what equipment each DJ uses. I quite enjoyed DJ Phantasy as I like my D & B, Breeze started his set with a dubby hardcore sound which tailed off into D & B. Slipmatts was strictly an old skool jam. The main disappointment for me has been the lack of a UK Hardcore DJ. Hopefully we might get to see one soon as its been all old skool and D & B. I really like the concept of the show so I hope they go multi genre and we see some hardcore soon

Just wondered if anyone else has seen this and their thoughts on it? :-)
wong watched slipmatt last week. sky plussed this weeks which was uncle dugs and someone else (forgot who) not watched it yet tho

i also sky plussed the program after which was apparantly gonna end with hardcore .. (whether it did or not i dont know yet)
SmashingTheSirens What's Uncle Dugs style. I know he has a bit to do with Bunter so I was guessing old skool. Its on tonight so I'll record it. Yeah the show after I've seen before, it ends with a few clubland x-treme mega mixes, a few bits from Breeze and Styles, some speeded up Cascada and Paradise's See The Light etc. Nice to see some UK Hardcore on TV.
wong from what ive heard he's more old skool n jungle.
SmashingTheSirens Just seen on Darren Styles Facebook status that he's recording an installment of X-Treme in the booth. Finally get my wish, some UK Hardcore!
Mad Max Rather a good program for a good dj geek session.

Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by SmashingTheSirens:
Just seen on Darren Styles Facebook status that he's recording an installment of X-Treme in the booth. Finally get my wish, some UK Hardcore!

Weds, 10pm - that's the first time I've seen the DS episode scheduled.
wong it was on saturday ...

i watched it earlier
danielseven I watched it too. Pretty cool stuff if you ask me.
The drunken scotsman Anyone got a link to the darren styles set?
Gazza1712 I know that chris unknown and Dougal have also had a set recorded, sure they will get gammer on it aswell at some point as he's from Northampton isn't he?
SmashingTheSirens I just watched Darren Styles mix, must say it was really enjoyable. Really nice selection of tunes and he wasn't as frantic with the mixes as some of the others that I've seen. I'm guessing Gammer would be ideal for this show so he showcase his bag of tricks and that would be a good watch. Hoping at some point I could rob the audio from this as again, really liked the uplifting blend of tunes, especially that Gammer and Dougal tune, can't think of the name of it off the top of my head, got the really nice vocal and big fat riff! Sure someone will remind me! :-)
Gazza1712 That Dougal and gammer track is burn
SmashingTheSirens That's the one. I have the D&G album but I'm not one for remembering names etc!
Mickey Init What's the tune directly before "Burn"?

It's just after the second ad break, about halfway through. I don't have a link because it was on the tele, obviously. But here are the lyrics:

"Here, beneath, the city lights.
A thousand dreams, will come, to life.
As in, the shadows, another dies.
Here, beneath, the lights."

Pretty good tune.

I would post this in the Tune ID forum but it just seems more logical to ask here.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
What's the tune directly before "Burn"?

It's just after the second ad break, about halfway through. I don't have a link because it was on the tele, obviously. But here are the lyrics:

Pretty good tune.

I would post this in the Tune ID forum but it just seems more logical to ask here.

I've not heard this tune so could be wrong, but I've seen a few DJ's/Mc's big up a Darren Styles tune featuring Molly called Beneath the lights.

Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:

Pretty good tune.

I've not heard this tune so could be wrong, but I've seen a few DJ's/Mc's big up a Darren Styles tune featuring Molly called Beneath the lights.

Haven't looked in to it but I'd bet me bottom dollar you're right! Cheers, man.

Did you manage to get a listen to the set in the end? I haven't seen any links to the set from anybody.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:
quote:

Pretty good tune.

Did you manage to get a listen to the set in the end? I haven't seen any links to the set from anybody.

No worries mate, seems like a safe bet!

Still not heard it unfortunately. Haven't seen any links either which I'm a bit gutted about. Not heard much new material in a while so this set would be perfect.
ConnerIntenzifi Found the original of it so probably darren styles on the remix! Both versions are good!

http://youtu.be/BZQeIvjo4d8

youtube tags wont work for me!
The Dopeman saw this on clubland tv while switching thru them with darren styles...pretty shit tbh only caught the last 2 tracks but if thats what these guys consider to be hardcore then i'm out coz this scene really has turned to shit like it's just shit track after shit track they all sound the same
Jacco Well good bye then mate. The worst about Hardcore are the haters...

Any chance there are streams available? I missed it.
Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by Jacco:
Any chance there are streams available? I missed it.

Not that I'm aware of. Probs worth keeping an eye out on clubland.tv, though, just in case.

SmashingTheSirens If you follow Breeze on Facebook or Twitter (I know he's not popular round these parts with some, I think one of a few who doesn't dislike him etc etc) but he always posts when it's due to be on etc. As for internet links there I couldn't muster anything up :-)
SmashingTheSirens Dougal is on at 11 tonight or 23:00 for those like their time that way! Should be a good watch :-)
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by SmashingTheSirens:
Dougal is on at 11 tonight or 23:00 for those like their time that way! Should be a good watch :-)

Watching Dougal right now and it's a good mix.

Off-topic, isn't Dougal's nose about the fakest thing you've ever seen? lol
I find it hard to believe that nose has never had any type of work done on it. It's very Michael Jackson-esque.
SmashingTheSirens Haha, well regarding that I will have to let you know as I recorded it and 11pm is way past my bed time! Only joking, started work at 6am so will have a watch when I get home later :-)
SmashingTheSirens I watched Dougals set yesterday and I see what you're saying about his nose! Lol. Enjoyed his set, usual type of set from him. Played "Burn" which I love.

Tonight at 12 Billy Bunter is on, don't know what type of set he's playing but I'm guessing it will be old skool acid house or something like that instead of his GBT stuff, hopefully he might drop some Terminator!!!

Then at 1am you've got Chris Unknown, a firm favourite round these parts! Haha. Well I'm looking forward to his set anyways, hopefully Storm will join him on the M-I-C!!!

:-)
Craigavon raver Haven't seen this yet, but definitely sounds intresting, especially if there playing old skool!
Stotfold DJ
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Pretty good tune.

No worries mate, seems like a safe bet!

Still not heard it unfortunately. Haven't seen any links either which I'm a bit gutted about. Not heard much new material in a while so this set would be perfect.

Stotfold DJ Hi all... Don't suppose anyone has been able to find the darren styles remix of beneath the lights?? I can't find it anywhere!!

It took 1.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page