Radio listeners 185+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Update me!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
warped_candykid Ok, all I have music wise are CDs. I've never owned an mp3 or ipod. My car is USB compatible. What are some suggestions so I can be more up to date?
DJ_FunDaBounce Soundcloud peeps post a lot of downloadable mixes. if you want to go down the collector/DJ route use shops for the singles.

Btw, check out http://hardcorehighlights.com if you're looking for freebies.

and don't forget my link at the bottom.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
Ok, all I have music wise are CDs. I've never owned an mp3 or ipod. My car is USB compatible. What are some suggestions so I can be more up to date?

You've never listened to mp3's on your computer?
warped_candykid Yes, I have. What I mean is, would I be better off buying an mp3 player or an iPod? I mean, my car plays CDs, but it's becoming harder and harder to find current physical releases (besides HU).
latininxtc why not just burn stuff onto a CD??? I'm sure there's plenty of free mixes out there that peak your interest enough to do that.
don_simon3000 depends on what you want m8. if you are happy with the cds, keep them. mp3 is nice to take with you on your portables, as you can take 32, 64 or even 128 GB of stuff with you on your smartphone/mp3 player thats much more than cds or tapes would allow. however, if you want experience something amazing, i would record most if not all cds on tapes (get a good tape deck and start recording). the results will amaze you and you will never look back to cds.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by don_simon3000:
however, if you want experience something amazing, i would record most if not all cds on tapes (get a good tape deck and start recording). the results will amaze you and you will never look back to cds.

Yeah, this, definitely.
DJ_FunDaBounce I like tapes for the nostalgia factor but I can't quite remember when was the last time I saw a tape player in a car.

if your car player is USB compatible why not try out a usb drive first, then?
johnnygomental I would agree with both,burn CDs to mp3 to enjoy a lot more music with less clutter but I would highly urge you to grab a decent tape deck and some free recording software.I burn all my tape packs to my iPod and it's superb when going running. I can be gone for hours with the amount I've got! Bliss
Captain Triceps My mrs was left a car when her auntie died that only has a tape player. Good opportunity to dig out my old tape packs (I've got hundreds that I've not touched in years, even found a few old mixes I'd recorded to tape) but fuck copying CD's to tape, that's going the wrong way. I've started recording some digitally, I've done a few favourites using Audacity and the mic in, I just wish there was some sort of 'high-speed dubbing' option.
don_simon3000
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
but fuck copying CD's to tape, that's going the wrong way.

no its not. thats why i said he should get a gd tapedeck and gd tapes and hear the results.

sure if its takeaway nothing can beat mp3s but when im at home and listening to music i only use tapes. sounds much better and its even proven.
whispering
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
Ok, all I have music wise are CDs. I've never owned an mp3 or ipod. My car is USB compatible. What are some suggestions so I can be more up to date?

AFAIK smart phones have pretty much replaced mp3 players. So just check if your phone is compatible. My phone works as an external drive when attach with USB. So do that or what DJ_FunDaBounce recommended a USB stick.

It took 0.84 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page