Radio listeners 184+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Kid-friendly happy hardcore mixes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
teedyay My four-year-old son has discovered happy hardcore and to my joy he loves it as much as I do.

The problem is that almost all HH mixes include some pretty in-your-face sex/drugs references that I'd like to shield him from for a few years yet.

Can you recommend any album mixes that would be safe? I'm getting a bit sick of Bang! Shooting Star Vocal Anthems being played on repeat...

Thanks!
Audio Warfare
quote:
Originally posted by teedyay:
almost all HH mixes include some pretty in-your-face sex/drugs references
Thanks!

Don't know about that, I'd say the majority are clean. I wouldn't like to suggest any as 100% definitely so though without listening through again to make sure. ;)
Elliott That's cute. :)

I'm pretty sure the first Bonkers was completely free of that sort of thing. Hixxy's mix was, at least.
Triquatra yeah go for any of the original bonkers 1-7!
latininxtc are you just interested in the older stuff or is more modern stuff acceptable as well?
teedyay More modern stuff is fine. He's only listening to old stuff at the moment because that happened to be the one CD I had kicking around that I felt safe leaving him with.

As Audio Warfare says, most happy hardcore is safe. However I'm finding it hard to find albums that are clean all the way through. Many will get 50 minutes in before there's an isolated chorus of "face down, ass up" or "hardcore mother****er", which unfortunately writes off the entire album. I guess I could burn a disc with that track excluded, but that would break the mix and nobody likes that.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by teedyay:
More modern stuff is fine. He's only listening to old stuff at the moment because that happened to be the one CD I had kicking around that I felt safe leaving him with.

As Audio Warfare says, most happy hardcore is safe. However I'm finding it hard to find albums that are clean all the way through. Many will get 50 minutes in before there's an isolated chorus of "face down, ass up" or "hardcore mother****er", which unfortunately writes off the entire album. I guess I could burn a disc with that track excluded, but that would break the mix and nobody likes that.

unless it's gabber. Those ones might contain a few naughty words :P
djDMS There are endless bootlegs of commercial dance/pop tunes on sound cloud, hardly a naughty word in sight!

I'm sure there are plenty of us here who would be happy to share mixes with you and your youngster. I'll gladly put something together for you.
teedyay Thanks, djDMS, that would be awesome!

Samination, yes: I doubt he'd enjoy gabber much anyway. How that gets lumped in with happy is beyond me... ;)
Shades kid friendly hardcore....

https://www.youtube.com/user/hardcoreremixer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCAJJ75WHu0&list=TLrHhvnn-ZGhfxFVo403leWus9Ck9OSDLi

latininxtc I think Fracus and Darwin's CD on HU6 is relatively safe. I don't believe I've heard cursing at all in it.
Warnman Everything is just a matter of interpretation!

"You exploded right in front of me!"
ultraskool um, that's very interesting - a 4 year old listening to HappyHard?? isn't he/she a bit young? but it's just my opinion , you will always get HHC with Sex/Cursing/Drugs reference i'm afraid in one way or another, can't really be avoided. I always thought J-Core was quite safe/friendly but it appears I'm just mistaken because there are plenty of bad language around there too!

The only way is to listen to a mix yourself and then filter out the bad stuff yourself I think.

latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by ultraskool:
isn't he/she a bit young?

No such thing. As long as you weed out the more adult-oriented tracks you're good to go. The same goes for any track in any genre of music. Except rap/hiphop, you might as well eliminate that whole genre for a kid at that age.
djDMS I still think about what i listen to in front of my kids - Even though my eldest is 15 and I'm pretty sure she'll be exposed to far worse on a daily basis!
Captain Triceps A lot of the awful pop tunes out now are full of blatant sex and drugs references, and you always see kids dancing away to them. Most hardcore contains little worse, and as has been mentioned 90's happy hardcore is preferable. Not least because it is generally better.(..)
ultraskool
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
A lot of the awful pop tunes out now are full of blatant sex and drugs references, and you always see kids dancing away to them. Most hardcore contains little worse, and as has been mentioned 90's happy hardcore is preferable. Not least because it is generally better.(..)

You're right mate, I would rather be spending time listening to OldSkool HHC than stupid Pop music, which I have to listen to at work all day anyways.

It took 1.14 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page