Radio listeners 172+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Drugs...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DjZelous Hellooo, ive noticed that the edm scene is all drugs and no music, at school i hear kids say "Duuude that song should feel Great when your high!" i ting it is killing the scene for what it is, people go to festivals to pop a 15 dollar pill when the event is 200+, i think its just horrible.

Agree or disagree?
scottyd2k9 Never done drugs so for me it's all about the music :D
warped_candykid straight-edge raver here :) The music gives me all the power I need.
The drunken scotsman I have done drugs before and....... I had a real good time.
wong I agree with that drunk scottish chap
don_simon3000 r u maggie thatcher or wot?
cud write endlessly about this topic. every music scene has its "drug culture". and i dnt like those boozing or pot smokers cuz usualy da music cuming wiv is big trash loads. if ya go 2 sum hhc festival u usually pop sum pilz or hav sum research chemis wiv ya. i dnt need em for enjoyin the music, i listen to hhc daily and ofc i am not high daily.
but fact remains that stims increas music appreciation, sum do it big way.
and then personally, as a chav, doing drugs is basically ur way of goin 2 holidays. all ya can afford. so yeh if thers a big festival, i will get high. tried to booze only last time, ended wiv me going agressively against others. never bein such a **** when on pills.
also many do it cuz it helps wiv socializing.
Audio Warfare Meh, a party is about having fun. If someone wants to take drugs that's their prerogative. If they aren't spoiling anyone else's fun it shouldn't matter. I've been to parties ****ed, drunk and completely sober, it doesn't change my appreciation or the music being played. Just have fun, look after each other (and yourself) and respect everyone else there.
Elipton I don't have issue with people taking drugs at raves or whatever (as long as they're not coked up and in your face all night), but I don't encourage or promote it and that goes for my music. There's a wider a market for music than the rave-going line sniffing listeners, and I don't think it's always appropriate (not least because they're not always 18+) to introduce them to a controversial aspect of the rave scene.
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
killing the scene for what it is
Agree or disagree?

The 'scene' has been going for well over 25 years now, with both listeners who don't do drugs...and listeners who do..(same as in all genres) I don't think it's going anywhere. Drugs didn't kill rock music, it won't kill dance.

Personally, no I don't do them, but if the person dancing next to me wants custard gannet their tits off on Joss ackland's spunky backpack then I have absolutely no problem with that =)
djDMS Drugs don't kill people....
Lilley
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Drugs don't kill people....

guns do.
brodster There are drugs in every music scene. They were doing drugs in the 1940's listening to jazz music.
don_simon3000
quote:
Originally posted by brodster:
There are drugs in every music scene. They were doing drugs in the 1940's listening to jazz music.

haha yeh u probab cud only listen 2 jazz music when propa ****ed up
sober u wud fall asleep in a min innit?
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by don_simon3000:
quote:
There are drugs in every music scene. They were doing drugs in the 1940's listening to jazz music.

What the hell's up with jazz?
Never done drugs myself. If folk want to do them they can, as long as they don't force me to. Half the people I know do or have done various drugs, their choice not mine!

don_simon3000
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
quote:

Never done drugs myself. If folk want to do them they can, as long as they don't force me to. Half the people I know do or have done various drugs, their choice not mine!

uhm i think its just a bit weird?.. loadsa UK guys in a hardcore forum and none of em into drugs. now someone brings up jazz (the music for 55+ year old people)
its a bit like people talking fast-food and booze habits in a fitness-forum.
Triquatra Did anybody catch the last episode of The Archers? Totally missed it today because I was far to busy reading a book and painting a watercolour of a particularly beautiful dead hedgehog.
Hard2Get The Hardcore scene in the US is also not an accurate representation of the rave scene in the rest of the world as far as i can gather.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Did anybody catch the last episode of The Archers? Totally missed it today because I was far to busy reading a book and painting a watercolour of a particularly beautiful dead hedgehog.

The Archers theme tune was my mobile ring tone for about 8 years. Catchy as fuck! Had to reset my phone this year so it's now some generic bleepy bloopy crap.
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
quote:

uhm i think its just a bit weird?.. loadsa UK guys in a hardcore forum and none of em into drugs. now someone brings up jazz (the music for 55+ year old people)
its a bit like people talking fast-food and booze habits in a fitness-forum.

Nothing wrong with liking wildly different styles of music, mate. My other musical love is ska, I listen to the early 60s ska and also 2Tone stuff every day. I have tons of world music CD, but there's often a nice Caribbean rhythm being played in the Triceps household. Don't get to play much hardcore now sadly, strange as it sounds I can't have hardcore as background music, and it's all I ever play on my decks, but my kids are just too young to be left alone for me to listen to the music.
Hard2Get What i listen to most of the time outside of Hardcore is 60's and 70's pop and other things as far away from 'hard' as you can possibly imagine.
Elliott Well, I used to just do hardcore but then I tried doing stimulants and hardcore at the same time and it really took things up a notch.

Music is perfectly sufficient for a good time but until you've heard the same songs on MDMA or speed or even something like drone or 6-APB, you have no idea just how good things can get.
don_simon3000
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
Well, I used to just do hardcore but then I tried doing stimulants and hardcore at the same time and it really took things up a notch.

Music is perfectly sufficient for a good time but until you've heard the same songs on MDMA or speed or even something like drone or 6-APB, you have no idea just how good things can get.

word man. stims are so good for many things
Traktoririst Music gives the power. Drugs and alcohol are for people who can't party... That's just my opinion. Peace.
don_simon3000
quote:
Originally posted by Traktoririst:
Music gives the power. Drugs and alcohol are for people who can't party... That's just my opinion. Peace.

i wish you a good deal of adhs, depressions and bipolarism. fokin commie.
Karthy
quote:
r u maggie thatcher or wot?
cud write endlessly about this topic. every music scene has its "drug culture". and i dnt like those boozing or pot smokers cuz usualy da music cuming wiv is big trash loads. if ya go 2 sum hhc festival u usually pop sum pilz or hav sum research chemis wiv ya. i dnt need em for enjoyin the music, i listen to hhc daily and ofc i am not high daily.
but fact remains that stims increas music appreciation, sum do it big way.
and then personally, as a chav, doing drugs is basically ur way of goin 2 holidays. all ya can afford. so yeh if thers a big festival, i will get high. tried to booze only last time, ended wiv me going agressively against others. never bein such a **** when on pills.
also many do it cuz it helps wiv socializing.

I don't normally point stuff like this out but I found this so hard to read I gave up...

Anyway, on topic... I have done drugs in the past and while I wouldn't say I'll never do them again it's been a while since I last took anything. You don't need drugs to enjoy music but if you're going to a rave / festival they will make the experience several times more enjoyable in most cases. I certainly wouldn't say it's killing the scene but it can be annoying when a pilled up chav gets in your face asking you if you want to buy some pills.

I think it's two sided. If you're a **** on drugs and go raving on drugs you're a **** really. If you just get on with it, enjoy your high, enjoy the music I really don't see the problem.

And if you're against drugs for the simple fact that you've been told all your life "drugs are bad" I'd say open your mind a little.
Hard2Get
quote:
but it can be annoying when a pilled up chav gets in your face asking you if you want to buy some pills.

Unless you in fact do want to buy pills, lol. As for drugs killing the scene. Well that's a ridiculous statement. They are keeping it alive in the same way they are the reason it started. Maybe bad drugs are killing the scene though.
Charger Music is the drug, simple as that.
_Jay_

Never appealed to me either. I only rave sober.

Kebab Head this is quite amusing lol so basically ur saying dance music is all drugs and no music? i thinkk you've been attending the wrong kinda parties/raves..... u sure you didnt walk into a smack/crack den instead?
Ionosphere
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
quote:

Was a worth a try!

Ionosphere
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
quote:

Was a worth a try!

It's a small world and the word is already out.
_Jay_

lol. That's true.

Back on topic; I'd say, something like, seven out of ten times I just booze at raves. My favourite periods of raves are the first few hours where I'm just getting going and not totally smashed. I tend to go downhill after about midnight. Too much booze.

But those first few hours - where I'm tipsy through to pretty pissed - are the best way to listen to Hardcore. I've tried a lot of things over the years but by far and away the best combination I've found (but don't have the discipline to maintain it over the course of a night) is: Hardcore + a bit of booze.

The drunken scotsman
quote:

lol. That's true.

Back on topic; I'd say, something like, seven out of ten times I just booze at raves. My favourite periods of raves are the first few hours where I'm just getting going and not totally smashed. I tend to go downhill after about midnight. Too much booze.

But those first few hours - where I'm tipsy through to pretty pissed - are the best way to listen to Hardcore. I've tried a lot of things over the years but by far and away the best combination I've found (but don't have the discipline to maintain it over the course of a night) is: Hardcore + a bit of booze.

Agreed. It's an extremely tough balancing act to maintain the level of drunk that feels good, so easy to cross that line between drunk and completely shit-faced. But if you somehow manage then it's the best way to experience a rave. I've done it a few times and had the best nights of my life.
Lilley
quote:

lol. That's true.

Personally, I prefer a bit of speed and something a bit trippy.
don_simon3000 if i wanna see booze-heads i jst go and visit my dad
not keen to see such things at a rave.
Hard2Get
quote:
if i wanna see booze-heads i jst go and visit my dad

Well it's everywhere.
don_simon3000
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
if i wanna see booze-heads i jst go and visit my dad

Well it's everywhere.

indeed, indeed.
trippnface i find it very hard to dance all night long without ingesting something atleast. always down to drink about lol. if i have ket i will always do that. dance like a boss and stay up too, without a nasty stimmy feel. i will roll once inawhile if im feeling it; not something i do alot though. if i was in the UK it might be more often though with the world class dutch pills so close.. and sometimes at a dnb show i like to get really stoned ^.^ psy are just overwhelming ...bad setting
DjZelous
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
i find it very hard to dance all night long without ingesting something atleast. always down to drink about lol. if i have ket i will always do that. dance like a boss and stay up too, without a nasty stimmy feel. i will roll once inawhile if im feeling it; not something i do alot though. if i was in the UK it might be more often though with the world class dutch pills so close.. and sometimes at a dnb show i like to get really stoned ^.^ psy are just overwhelming ...bad setting

KET IS FOR HORSES YOU DUMB MOTHER ****ER!(drop)
Lol I had to say it. But I must ask. What does ket do exactly? Is it like a trippy drug or something?
don_simon3000 loadsa druggies love ket i never tried it, i cant see that substance pushing me hard ennough, but then, everyone is different...
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
i find it very hard to dance all night long without ingesting something atleast. always down to drink about lol. if i have ket i will always do that. dance like a boss and stay up too, without a nasty stimmy feel. i will roll once inawhile if im feeling it; not something i do alot though. if i was in the UK it might be more often though with the world class dutch pills so close.. and sometimes at a dnb show i like to get really stoned ^.^ psy are just overwhelming ...bad setting

KET IS FOR HORSES YOU DUMB MOTHER ****ER!(drop)
Lol I had to say it. But I must ask. What does ket do exactly? Is it like a trippy drug or something?

lolz. its my favorite drug for sure. used in isolation by yourself it is a deeply psychedelic experience capable of complete ego dissolution. complete out of body experiences are possible. it is much much more forgiving than lsd or mushrooms.barely any freak out factor. extremely mellow. i like to think classic psys are for focusing on the external world while ketamine is used for focusing on the internal world. visually its not too exciting its all about the mindgame or almost creating the reality you want. small doses though its a GREAT party drug as well. love it for raving. dancing becomes so flawless, takes the edge off, and GREAT for coming down after the party as well. here is one of my favorite quotes about it:

https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ketamine/ketamine_info3.shtml

"Ketamine is a very "process oriented" entheogen. I would describe it as a "transdimensional information navigation device." To take this metaphor a step further, consider this: If mushrooms were an ornately carved chariot pulled by untamed horses, and LSD was a fancy, suped-up sporstcar, DMT would be an elfin-crafted hypersonic anti-grav device, and Ketamine would be a VR headset and bodysuit with a T-1 line into the universal database. It gives you TOTAL immersion, and navigation is accomplished purely by thought and body movement. It can be very overwhelming to a newcomer, but once you learn how to navigate on Ketamine, it is (in more pedestrian terms) the wildest ride there is"

trippnface
quote:
loadsa druggies love ket i never tried it, i cant see that substance pushing me hard ennough, but then, everyone is different...

never know if you like to recreationally experiment you might really like it. some people like it TOO much haha. can def become a problem. certainly way bigger in Europe than in the US. whats odd though is it is still only a schedule 3 narcotic here . same class as steroids and such, while marijuana and heroin remain schedule 1 drugs. man i hate the drug war

It took 2.55 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page