Radio listeners 174+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Standard too high to finish anything?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Elliott I've got about 100 FL Studio projects and I've finished precisely 2 of them.

Anyone else find they never actually finish anything because their bar is just set too high?
DJ_FunDaBounce I think I have that many cubase projects, if not more. It used to frustrate me that I wasn't as prolific as I wanted (still getting there) but now I try and view those little projects as "sketches", that even though they don't end up finished most of the time, they are good for exercising my creative side. Also, I have noticed that the more of these sketches I make, the more likely I am to finish one.
The Dopeman i have 396 unfinished projects that will probably never see the light of day i keep getting bored then startin something new...then getting bored again
scottyd2k9 I've made 1 track and I have tons of tracks that need finishing. I need to learn more :D
brodster I've been getting that a lot recently, pretty annoying but I guess the only thing to do is just finish something even if it's crap.
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by brodster:
I've been getting that a lot recently, pretty annoying but I guess the only thing to do is just finish something even if it's crap.

This ^^

It's kinda like flushing it out of your system if it doesn't work! lol!
SmashingTheSirens I'm much the same with Cubase. Got around 30 odd half done tracks. It's getting frustrating, doing one thing, then think nahhh, try something else! Typical
Jonny Rich dont get me started on this... i end up releasing one track ever 5 month due to this problem
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
I've got about 100 FL Studio projects and I've finished precisely 2 of them.

Anyone else find they never actually finish anything because their bar is just set too high?

Yeah exactly my problem. Ironically the standard would be a lot better if i actually settled for less than my perceived perfection because then I'd actually do more work and get them finished. Where if i don't finish them then they don't even get chance to be as good as they can, let alone as good as i want them to be.
Karthy I have the same problem, but it's less about my standards and more about just lacking ideas. If I get an idea for one of the unfinished projects I'll probably work on it a bit and then come to a dead end again. They all get little bits done to them but generally I find if I'm going to finish a track it'll be one that I work solid on for a few weeks, when ideas are constantly coming in for that track.
silver You are always going to write a better track each and everytime you make a tune, it's important to get it out there even if you know you could do better, let people know you are getting better, you never know perhaps people like stuff you think is not the best.

It took 0.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page